More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 09:28:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 198531 times)
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #100 on: 2005 September 16, 20:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MAXIOD:

Ok.replacing the xml didn't work either. Two settings on the view one is the distance and the other is.....the other Smiley  I noticed, but can't swear to it, the distance setting stayed the other didn't.

Anther question: is there any limit to the number of tiers for the organizing of the downloads folder?

So what option didn't stick?

As for the downloads folder, we didn't put in any specific limit as to how many subfolders you can put in there or how deep it is.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 September 16, 20:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"...distance setting stayed....the other didn't" Smiley

As you look at the options for the view in the panel the first setting to do with the view is 'the other' that one I know defaulted back. I believe the last setting in that line 'the distance' stayed.

I think this because I know that first setting is defaulting to 'small' and I keep trying to set it to 'large.' 

I THINK the last setting, 'the distance' is staying because I was choosing 'large' and it is still set at large.

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 September 16, 20:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"...distance setting stayed...." Smiley

Sorry, was a bit confused by the message.  So the distance setting stayed where you set it, or stayed at the default?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 September 16, 20:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I can be exact: View distance is the first one inline= it is NOT holding the setting.

Fade distance IS holding it's setting. EDIT: this is confirmed.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 16, 22:06:12 by MutantBunny » Logged
SQK
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2005 September 16, 20:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here is a list of mine:

-The Lot View Options (under Game Options) resets once you exit the game and re-enter a lot.

-While playing poker on a community lot, if you try to cancel while playing, your Sim freezes. Resulting in exiting to the neighborhood screen without saving.

-Visitor leaves right after your Sim greets them, if your Sim invites someone over, the invited Sim will show, but leave right after you greet them with a "Look at the time, I better get going now" or "See ya." message even though it's daytime. This also goes for when a Sim is walking down the street, as soon as you greet them, they leave. Making it impossible to have any type of parties. Also, making it impossible to move in Townies. This includes all lots including the University ones.
**If anyone else gets this one and is willing to use a hack to fix it, this one seemed to work for me: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655, it's the Visitors Stays Longer Hack.**

-Sound bug, the sound of the TV, Band Instruments(Including Bass, Guitar, Piano, and drums), Karaoke machine goes out off and on. There is nothing to do about the sound, it comes on off and on, while it's off, I adjust the sound options every which way I can and still end up with nothing.

-Car not there when I re-enter a lot, I was playing the Goths yesterday, before I left the lot Cassandra and Alexander (If you're wondering, I used the agesimscheat on to change Cassandra to a teen, and Morty to an adult) carpooled to school and was already got when I exited. When I re-entered, Alexander and Cassandra were at the lot, but the car was gone, and I can't place another car where it was previously parked.

This one may be because of the visitor hack or because of me aging Cassandra down to a teen, but I'm putting it here just in case.

I just copied and pasted this from the thread I made last night.

Scarlet's Mods - All of my mods including SimCity Loans, Subject Homework, No Required Ingredients, and more!

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat ♦
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2005 September 16, 21:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the problem of my game settings reverting everytime I reload.  It's driving me crazy!  But ... I have a worse problem now.  I've noticed that whenever I re-enter a lot (and this appears to be all lots), the Sims have all 'reset'.  Their motives are as they are when they first move-in and if they were at work, they're standing by the mailbox looking confused.  If they went to work in a car, the car has gone.  This means they are losing pay, losing vacation days, or losing work performance.  I can't adjust it at the moment because I don't want to put the Inseminator back into my game yet and I don't know of any other way of doing it with SimPE also being unusable.  It's becoming very frustrating!

It always happens when an expansion is installed, but it shouldn't continue happening once that lot has been played since installing.  And is it a bug that the Matchmaker doesn't appear on downtown lots, or have I misunderstood?  I thought when the Sim asked her to find a blind date, the date would take place downtown, but all mine have to call her to their home and their date appears there.  Are they supposed to take them downtown rather than meet them there? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 September 16, 22:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I can be exact: View distance is the first one inline= it is NOT holding the setting.

Fade distance IS holding it's setting.

There is a problem.  I'm looking into it.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 September 16, 22:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cars are in their drives where I left them.

Haven't found any problem with sound yet--nothing fancy in the way of a sound card--It's a three yo SoundLive2k or something like that.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 September 16, 22:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for those intrepid Nightlife explorers, a question please.

How many extra character files does NL add?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 September 16, 22:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh, nm my previous post. I didn't realize that when a contact calls you and you agree to go downtown with them, that your husband (all sims in household?) have to go too. I had had the guy doing skilling, and so apparently the taxi was waiting for him. Either that, or taking out the downloadable hot rod, fixed it.

Seriously Huh

I'm still nightlifeless but I don't generally make it a point for my husband to go out on dates with me - Suppose that's why I divorced him!
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2005 September 16, 22:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A brand new custom neighborhood with a custom University and Downtown areas defaults to 263 files in the Characters folder (User00000 to User000262).
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 September 16, 23:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Visitor leaves right after your Sim greets them, if your Sim invites someone over, the invited Sim will show, but leave right after you greet them with a "Look at the time, I better get going now" or "See ya." message even though it's daytime. This also goes for when a Sim is walking down the street, as soon as you greet them, they leave. Making it impossible to have any type of parties. Also, making it impossible to move in Townies. This includes all lots including the University ones.
**If anyone else gets this one and is willing to use a hack to fix it, this one seemed to work for me: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655, it's the Visitors Stays Longer Hack.**

I think someone found this related to the Preg4All mod.  Could be wrong, so don't shoot me, but have you got that one installed?

Maxoid, those options are in the file: 

<AnyBoolean key="enableLotImpostersInLot" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean key="enableNeighborhoodOccupantsInLot" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyUint32 key="lotSkirtSizeIncrease" type="0xeb61e4f7">36</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="neighborhoodPropFadeDistance" type="0xeb61e4f7">500</AnyUint32>
  <AnyBoolean key="clickableLotImposters" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyString key="activeDeviceList" type="0x0b8bea18">1;0;NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra;10de;0040;7777;6.14.10.7777, GUID: D7B71E3E-4300-11CF-D17D-0A2000C2CB35;</AnyString>
  <AnyString key="activeDeviceDisplayMode" type="0x0b8bea18">1280x1024x32x0</AnyString>
  <AnyBoolean key="activeDeviceUseSoftwareRasterizer" type="0xcba908e1">false</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionMaterialDetail" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionObjectDetail" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionObjectHiding" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionShadows" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionOpaqueUI" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionReflection" type="0xeb61e4f7">1</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionEffectsQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionLightingQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionSoundQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>

Did I mention how wrong your name is?  Methinks we should rename you "Beloved Maxoid". Cheesy
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 September 16, 23:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone found this related to the Preg4All mod.  Could be wrong, so don't shoot me, but have you got that one installed?

Maxoid, those options are in the file: 

<AnyBoolean key="enableLotImpostersInLot" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
<AnyBoolean key="enableNeighborhoodOccupantsInLot" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyUint32 key="lotSkirtSizeIncrease" type="0xeb61e4f7">36</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="neighborhoodPropFadeDistance" type="0xeb61e4f7">500</AnyUint32>
  <AnyBoolean key="clickableLotImposters" type="0xcba908e1">true</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyString key="activeDeviceList" type="0x0b8bea18">1;0;NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra;10de;0040;7777;6.14.10.7777, GUID: D7B71E3E-4300-11CF-D17D-0A2000C2CB35;</AnyString>
  <AnyString key="activeDeviceDisplayMode" type="0x0b8bea18">1280x1024x32x0</AnyString>
  <AnyBoolean key="activeDeviceUseSoftwareRasterizer" type="0xcba908e1">false</AnyBoolean>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionMaterialDetail" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionObjectDetail" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionObjectHiding" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionShadows" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionOpaqueUI" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionReflection" type="0xeb61e4f7">1</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionEffectsQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionLightingQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="optionSoundQuality" type="0xeb61e4f7">3</AnyUint32>

Did I mention how wrong your name is?  Methinks we should rename you "Beloved Maxoid". Cheesy

We've found an issue with the saved options for the :lot view" being overridden in Graphics Rules.sgr.  Hope to get this fixed soon, but if you really need them to persist, you can modify that file (if you know how).
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 September 16, 23:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this issue addressed anyplace: I don't find a way to delete a DT inside the game. There was a way to delete a UNi inside but that seems to be gone too. ?? The delete option for the main hood is there.

Of course, it's possible to delete these manually--but I could have sworn there was an in-game delete option. Am I crazy?

EDIT: I was NOT in the DT or Uni I was trying to delete.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 00:25:58 by MutantBunny » Logged
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 September 17, 00:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't be in the neighborhood you want to delete when you try to delete it. I knew that, but forgot it a couple of times.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs: Problems I'm having
« Reply #115 on: 2005 September 17, 00:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.) You could probably tweak the Graphics Rules.sgr file in Program Files and try to make your machine look like a higher spec machine so that you have cinematics again.  We needed to bump up the specs so that we could pass the baseline FPS test with the neighboring lots visible.

So, not really a bug, but I'm quite interested... would anybody here have the details on this? Specifically:

1) How do I tweak the file? (it's complex and I wouldn't want to mess it up too badly, but maybe someone here has already done it and can tell me...)
2) Is it enough to modify the file under Program Files, or should I copy it into some folder under Documents?

Thanks in advance!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs: Problems I'm having
« Reply #116 on: 2005 September 17, 00:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.) You could probably tweak the Graphics Rules.sgr file in Program Files and try to make your machine look like a higher spec machine so that you have cinematics again.  We needed to bump up the specs so that we could pass the baseline FPS test with the neighboring lots visible.

So, not really a bug, but I'm quite interested... would anybody here have the details on this? Specifically:

1) How do I tweak the file? (it's complex and I wouldn't want to mess it up too badly, but maybe someone here has already done it and can tell me...)
2) Is it enough to modify the file under Program Files, or should I copy it into some folder under Documents?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if Pescado has anything on this, but MTS2 does. Try starting with a search on graphics Rules.sgr
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 00:46:35 by MutantBunny » Logged
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 September 17, 01:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Maxiod:

Yesterday, I modified my hood camera file (basically made the modified extended range txt) today that is gone. So I went and looked at the creation and modified dates. Looks like everything in the config file and camera files (maybe others?) is being rewritten each start. You probably already know this...

EDIT: I tried to reporduce a rewrite--it didn't replace the file this time.

?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 01:40:20 by MutantBunny » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 September 17, 01:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Maxiod:

Yesterday, I modified my hood camera file (basically made the modified extended range txt) today that is gone. So I went and looked at the creation and modified dates. Looks like everything in the config file and camera files (maybe others?) is being rewritten each start. You probably already know this...

EDIT: I tried to reporduce a rewrite--it didn't replace the file this time.

?

Normally the game copies up the default configurations if they are not there--it does this upon install of an EP as well.  So are you saying that your changes are still not staying?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 September 17, 02:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I'm thinking--the changes aren''t staying cuz they are being overwritten.

« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 03:01:17 by MutantBunny » Logged
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 September 17, 02:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an attempt to help the poor Maxiod from typing his little fingers to the bony...

He says: "I post on MTS2, Sims2Community, and MATY.  I visit Snooty, Insimenator, TSR, SimLogical, and the BBS.

I'm thinking maybe I should start a FAQ myself... =)";

So please--search these sites for your topic before you post.

I'm pretty sure he will appreciate any effort made to cut the duplicate posting. (and maybe fi his fingers and eyeshold up, he'll keep spilling his gutts Smiley

And so far the link list is:

http://www.snootysims.com/forum/

http://simlogical.com/SMF/index.php?board=9.0

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/

http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=210807#post210807

http://www.modthesims2.com/index_old.php

http://www.insimenator.net/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=3&sid=acd5738560720c966d9ece56981875e0

A bump to the top now and then would help too....
« Last Edit: 2005 September 17, 02:37:28 by MutantBunny » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 September 17, 02:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all due respect MB, I don't think all of can be expected to visit all of those sites and search for every single question ever asked. While I sympathize with Tom having sift through A LOT of stuff, much of it probably duplicate questions, I don't think it's very practical as some of us don't have the time, or have other reasons (drama, baggage, can't tolerate the inaneness etc) for not going to all those places.

Truth be told, there's so many bugs and things that otherwise drive me nuts about the game, but personally I'm not really going to post about anything unless I think it's really serious and no one seems to have mentioned it in places where I visit, which right now includes this place exclusively and I probably will keep it that way for the time being.

At any rate, I don't think all our posts are just for Maxis, sometimes some of us can help others out with problems by posting workarounds or giving advice.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 September 17, 02:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "View Distance" option in Lot View Options won't stay correct.  It defaults back to Medium view evey time I restart the game, no matter how many times I save with it on Extra Large.  Undecided  The others stay just fine.
I've noticed this as well. All the new graphic option will return to default when you re enter the game. Note that the default option will be different for each pc, because when you start the game it checks your graphic card capabilities and sets those preferences according to it.

No, I think it sets it arbitrarily to one of the defaults. I have a Dell "top of the line" gaming machine, and it sets my default to the lowest setting. I have to change it each time I open a lot, back to the largest setting -- and my computer handles the largest setting without a blink. I have no slow ups on any downtown lot at the largest setting, even the lot with gazillion sims and lots of fire puffs going. So the game couldn't be checking my specs to put it at the lowest setting. Something else is going on. Annoying as it comes, though. I love the "see everything" feature. Having to set it manually on each lot is going to get real old, real fast.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 September 17, 04:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A brand new custom neighborhood with a custom University and Downtown areas defaults to 263 files in the Characters folder (User00000 to User000262).

New empty custom neighbourhood with standard Downtown & standard Academy De La Tour Uni shows 275 character files.
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 September 17, 05:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually I found one that I haven't seen anywhere. I have a starter sim with a mini fridge. when he makes a sandwich or cereal on top of the fridge he does a jump and the food disappears. if I put the fridge inside the counter it works like normal.

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: