More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 23:44:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weirdly irresistable computers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weirdly irresistable computers?  (Read 5095 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weirdly irresistable computers?
« on: 2006 February 13, 08:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... my game is beginning to exhibit strange things again, as it does every so often because I am a compulsive downloader person and have waaay too many files in at any given point.

Currently, my sims seem bizarrely obsessed with Moneywell computers.  If I attempt to have a sim do something (talk to another sim, take a shower in the bathroom next door, etc) in or near a room with a computer in it, a debug error will pop up and the sim will instead immediately sit down and do some sort of computer function.  (Play a game, I think.)  This is, of course, unacceptable.  They do not seem to exhibit the same attraction to the expensive computer, of which I cannot remember the name at the moment, so that's not a problem, but...

The only computer-affecting hack I can find I have at the moment is an old "study computer" hack that allows you to gain skills with the high-priced computer.  Previously to, say, last week I guess this arrangement worked fine.  But now... weirdness ensues.  Anyone ever had this happen before?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Weirdly irresistable computers?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 13:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely got worse since NL, but sims now also get very angry if their partner is using the computer for legitimate purposes such as novel-sriting or sriting term papers and they actually want to PLAY!  And kids get very annoyed with parents who are using what they consider to be theirs by right!

Zephyr Zodiac
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 13, 13:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They've always been addicted to computers. This is nothing new.
Maybe they just don't have anything else in their home that is more fun than that.
Give them the expensive exercise machine and see if they're still addicted to the computer.

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 13, 13:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the karaoke machine!

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 13, 13:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we need a hack to have an assignable computer.  It kinda makes sense for wealthier families.  When you have only one computer, you share, but when you have your own, you only use your own.

In my game they are addicted to the piano!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 13, 14:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we need a hack to have an assignable computer.  It kinda makes sense for wealthier families.  When you have only one computer, you share, but when you have your own, you only use your own.

In my game they are addicted to the piano!

Yeah, that's an irritating one isn't it? Especially without the 'nobuskers' hack. Too many animations to wait for.

I don't let my sims rest too much. They don't have time to fart around on the computer.

There used to be a 'no autonomous computer games' hack...

Instant gratification takes too long.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 13, 14:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of Inge's.

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 13, 14:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely got worse since NL, but sims now also get very angry if their partner is using the computer for legitimate purposes such as novel-sriting or sriting term papers and they actually want to PLAY!  And kids get very annoyed with parents who are using what they consider to be theirs by right!

crammy has a fix for that
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2766.0
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 13, 14:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can he fix my typos toos?  Thanks, I might try it, it's getting on my nerves just lately the way they always head straight for the computer when they get in (no matter where it is!  and you'll find your sim chatting online to a sim you would really rather they didn't know yet if you queue the same sim to Chat On-line because they have the want, they'll shrug and moue and complain!

Zephyr Zodiac
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 15, 06:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err... well, I guess I'm alone with this issue.  It's not that the sims won't stop using the computers, it's that they will literally jump-bug out of another interaction, slide across the room and buggedly sit there clicking while, say, the shower is still running or the person they intended to smooch is left hanging.

I'll probably just wind up nuking my installation and restarting, again.  It's always worked in the past. ;p
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 15, 07:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds to me like it could be a mod conflicting somewhere.  Have you added any thing to your game lately that could've contained an outdated or bad version of something?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 15, 09:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also try deleting groups-cache from the sims2 folder, if you haven't already tried it.  And also, check in their Neigbourhood memory for repeated furious reverses - sometimes they get six or more one after the other when they temselves aren't furious with anyone, and this seems to cause wierd things to happen.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: