More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:34:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197939 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Nightlife bugs
« on: 2005 September 13, 02:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the games not even out yet in most places, but some Brazilians (where it apparently is out) are already reporting bugs.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.81,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=4e610a529ff329578f1a29325aea1fa9&directoryID=81&startRow=1

For those of you who cannot tolerate going to the BBS (believe me, I was fighting my gag reflex) I'll cut and paste

Everytime a ask a Sim's job, it responds I'm $JobTitle!

after I installed nightlife (brazilian edition) all my 16 friends from one family disappeared... i had to become friends with lots of people all over again... i had friends since the college years

Did anybody try hiring the matchmaker gipsy yet? When I called her she just went to my yard and played with her crystal ball - Nothing else happened...I did try talking to her, but all I got were the usual "chat", "dismiss" and "something else I forgot" you get when talking to any service NPC such as the paperboy.
No option to buy anything, even after I increased my relationship with her...

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 13, 03:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone determined if any of the university problems were patched?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 13, 03:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MOTOKI! Great to see you! were you on holidays?? Grin

Anyways, i0m waiting to see what buggy surprises NL will bring me or not...
I'm still stuck with un unplayable lot cause the carpool is bugged...

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 13, 04:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did they fix the Level Six Greek house bug?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 13, 04:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is fix(hack) for that, but i htink you already know this...NL doesn't appear to have fixed anything!

CapN Tokyo
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 13, 04:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Nightlife doesn't fix anything, I'm going to sue Maxis. That's illegal to make false promises like that.

I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

From,
    The CapN

(aka, Tokyogirl119)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 13, 04:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was one of the biggest, most reproducible bugs in the game.  That one was almost a gamestopper for me.  I was so grateful for JMs fix.  I knew it would take Maxis a while to patch it, but I thought certainly they would eventually!  In the meantime, I could still play using JMs fix!  Didn't they say these bugs would be fixed in Nightlife?  I know we've been petitioning for a free standalone patch, but I thought they were going include it with Nightlife.  I think that at the very least they could have produced a small patch that would have addressed such glaring bugs as this one.  Makes me wanna scream.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 13, 04:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Nightlife doesn't fix anything, I'm going to sue Maxis. That's illegal to make false promises like that.

I'm thinking class action.  There'll be a lot of people in the same boat - me most definitely included!

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 13, 05:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that worries me about these people reporting their bugs is the fact that they are doing it via the BBS. Not really reliable wouldn't you say? Most people on the BBS ask how to install the game half the time. Losers. I wouldn't panic just yet....

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 13, 05:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But isn't the BBS the biggest source of Sims fans, obviously? If someone wants the bugs to be known, it would be the best choice.

Anyway, I think I won't be getting Nightlife in a while. The whole thing just sounds awfully not-tempting right now.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 13, 07:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they had any sense, they'd come here!

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 13, 08:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only thing I heard was that according to MTS2 MaxoidTom had confirmed that JM's amnesiafix is incompatible with NL.

Kind of cool that the Maxoids are beta-testing for him.  Grin

INTJ
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 13, 08:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, or perhaps checking a bit of code to see how an amnesia fix might work? Just a stray thought...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 13, 10:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only thing I heard was that according to MTS2 MaxoidTom had confirmed that JM's amnesiafix is incompatible with NL.

Kind of cool that the Maxoids are beta-testing for him. Grin

Great! And I am  receiving NL on Wednesday! ...And I have the amnezia.fix...Sad.

"Off with their heads"...(Alice in Wonderland).
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 13, 11:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Motoki, I'm glad you finally showed up, I was hoping you would...eventually.

That is the reason I will rather wait the additional time it takes for JM to get AND fix the newest ea/maxis crank-out. Uni had around 100 + bugs, but they didn't show until a while into the game (thank you kmlough for all the work you did). NL bugs seem to be creeping up right away. The sheep-crowd at the official board is already clamoring for the 3rd ep, and I have the feeling that ea/maxis is already busy with it. Uni patch? Please! They seem to operate under the guise of: "If we ignore them, they will go away". After all, there is no money in a stand-alone patch, but there is plenty in new ep's coming at the consumer at a faster and faster rate.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 13, 11:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some news about the patch, a bit roundabout in it's delivery, but supposedly it is from a MAXOID

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 13, 11:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Means, there is not a stand-alone Patch, but there are some fixes in NL. Which fixes they made? Will it be written in the Official NL Guide? Will it be published in the forum?

...And means, I have to wait for JMP to examine the game, and make all his hacks compatible with NL.

...Depressing...*sigh*
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 13, 13:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still have to see whith my own eyes Shocked if NL indeed fixes anything! Roll Eyes

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 13, 13:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it appears that we are getting this expansion just one day after America rather than 2 weeks as with Uni.  I pre-ordered my copy last night and it has been posted off to me today, so hopefully I will get it by the weekend.  They said 3-5 days, which is a bit worrying, but my fingers are firmly crossed, although I am kicking myself for not ordering in time to have it sent yesterday, which was the day they started sending them out.  This of course means that if there are any major bugs akin to Uni (such as sims who see vampires out of the corner of their left eye after talking to townies with beards within 3 yards of a community telephone dying when they return to their home lots) I won't be forewarned.  This could be fun, or could be disastrous, depending on my mood at the time. 

Anyway, time for a major defrag ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 13, 14:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you preorder from Amazon Ancient Sim?

A proud thread pirate.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 13, 14:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With regards to fixing the Greek level 6 bug with Nightlife or for that matter fixing any University specific features, I doubt it will. The reason I say this is Nightlife was created so that it only requires the main T2S game and can be installed with or without University. The only way they could fix something University specific that doesn't exist at all in the main game is to include that functionality, or at very least the basic code, with Nightlife. We know they aren't going to include all the University functionality and features because that would kill any remaining sales of University. It's possible they could include the code somehow and just not enable it, but as rushed as they seemed to be with these games and expansion packs, I somehow doubt they'd spend time on something like that.

Supposedly they are now claiming, contrary to what they have said in the past, that there will be a patch for University. That along with user created fixes like J.M.'s and TwoJeff's are probably the best we can hope for. I also expect that the Greek Amnesia fix will be far from the only hack that doesn't work with Nightlife either.

Edit: I just saw MaxoidTom's reply in the other forum and apparently at least with the Greek Amnesia bug (which is different than the Greek level 6 pledge bug) they actually have modified the underlying code so that Nightlife will fix it. So it seems it's possible with other University bugs too but there's no official list and of those who currently have the game I haven't seen any reports of which existing bugs it does or does not fix so I guess we will just have to wait. Supposedly, some people in the US should start getting the game today.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 13, 15:13:52 by Motoki » Logged

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 13, 15:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With regards to fixing the Greek level 6 bug with Nightlife or for that matter fixing any University specific features, I doubt it will.

I believe the the Greek max level bug was fixed in Nightlife and should be fixed in the patch.

The reason I say this is Nightlife was created so that it only requires the main T2S game and can be installed with or without University. The only way they could fix something University specific that doesn't exist at all in the main game is to include that functionality, or at very least the basic code, with Nightlife. We know they aren't going to include all the University functionality and features because that would kill any remaining sales of University. It's possible they could include the code somehow and just not enable it, but as rushed as they seemed to be with these games and expansion packs, I somehow doubt they'd spend time on something like that.

C++ and behavioral scripting code that was added for University gets rolled forward to every expansion pack--that does not mean all features from University will be available though.  As you figured out, it is disabled (but we did spend time on it).

Supposedly they are now claiming, contrary to what they have said in the past, that there will be a patch for University. That along with user created fixes like J.M.'s and TwoJeff's are probably the best we can hope for. I also expect that the Greek Amnesia fix will be far from the only hack that doesn't work with Nightlife either.

Edit: I just saw MaxoidTom's reply in the other forum and apparently at least with the Greek Amnesia bug (which is different than the Greek level 6 pledge bug) they actually have modified the underlying code so that Nightlife will fix it. So it seems it's possible with other University bugs too but there's no official list and of those who currently have the game I haven't seen any reports of which existing bugs it does or does not fix so I guess we will just have to wait. Supposedly, some people in the US should start getting the game today.

Hopefully, in most cases, there will be no need for some of these hack/fixes with Nightlife or the patch.  In some cases, the Maxis fixes were in the same behavioral trees (as the mods) so having the hacks there would of course override anything Maxis patched/changed.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 13, 16:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well that's all good news pretty much. Any chance for a list of what was fixed either on Sims2.com or on the Nightlife CD?

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 13, 16:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well that's all good news pretty much. Any chance for a list of what was fixed either on Sims2.com or on the Nightlife CD?

I heard something about putting out a list, but that was a little while ago.  My suggestion is to keep constructively pressing for a list of fixes.  Anything in particular that you are worried about, besides everything? =)
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 13, 16:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No everything would be fine  Wink

And constructive pressing for info??? where is the fun in that?

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: