More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 06:06:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260110 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #300 on: 2010 June 12, 19:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pop-up may only mention one trait, but if you look at the sim's info in your relationship panel, you can see more of them.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2010 June 12, 19:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@IgnorantBliss: I'll check that out, thanks.

In other possible borkedness news, I also had trouble getting the baby sitter to show up and had to call her 3 times in one morning. I suppose this could be because she is a teen and is supposed to be in school, and technically not a bug. I hate the way EA has done the babysitter but I suppose they think that makes things more challlenging or something. Does anyone know if that mod that changed the babysitters to older sims/nannies still works in AMB?

I forgot to mention that I also finally got the Tag Running Bug. Bunny Curious played tag with one of her friends and now she runs everywhere. I'm going to get the whole family playing tag in my latest test game just to watch the ensuing, run-don't-walk fun.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 12, 19:39:55 by Tangie » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2010 June 12, 21:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if that mod that changed the babysitters to older sims/nannies still works in AMB?

If you or anyone finds one let me know. The old one I have didn't work and I need my nannies dammit. :-p

I think the Nannies I did have got switched over to homeless or something. They are still in the town but aren't functioning as 'babysitter npcs' anymore.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2010 June 12, 21:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@IgnorantBliss: I'll check that out, thanks.

In other possible borkedness news, I also had trouble getting the baby sitter to show up and had to call her 3 times in one morning. I suppose this could be because she is a teen and is supposed to be in school, and technically not a bug. I hate the way EA has done the babysitter but I suppose they think that makes things more challlenging or something. Does anyone know if that mod that changed the babysitters to older sims/nannies still works in AMB?

I forgot to mention that I also finally got the Tag Running Bug. Bunny Curious played tag with one of her friends and now she runs everywhere. I'm going to get the whole family playing tag in my latest test game just to watch the ensuing, run-don't-walk fun.

I had an issue with the babysitter as well, my sim went off to work and it forced me to call a babysitter for the kid, and the babysitter never showed up, or so I thought. It spawned her inside a fenced-off area full of plants and she was never able to actually get inside to deal with the baby.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2010 June 12, 21:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Ambitions/new patch, I haven't been able to have my Sim excavate anything. They complain of a routing failure, even if they're standing right next to it.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2010 June 12, 22:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Ambitions/new patch, I haven't been able to have my Sim excavate anything. They complain of a routing failure, even if they're standing right next to it.

They'll excavate dig sites on lots, but the ones on open land are fucked.
Knukleur
Blathering Buffoon

See Rock City

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2010 June 12, 22:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the tag/mandatory running bug with WA + latest patch (no mods and only some store CC.) Someone on the EA BBS suggested a work-around that did work for me with a family in Sunset Valley: go to Edit Town mode, evict the family to the clipboard (I opted for selling the furniture, which left the house furnished), select them as the active family and move them right back in to their house. This preserved the time of day and the motives they had before eviction, but they lost all their wishes and they would have lost any open opportunities if they'd had any.

I also have the problem with routing problems to WA excavations; I read a thread that suggested using buydebug mode or something like that to place dig site spawners on flat areas (problem seems to happen on irregular terrain off community lots) but I didn't feel like studying up on how to do all that fancy stuff.

I called a babysitter before 8 AM on a weekday and soon got the message that he had to be somewhere else, but both parents escaped before he could ditch and he stayed until one of them returned.

All the window reflections in my game are of the same generic, mostly green suburban landscape, at least in Sunset Valley, which looks paricularly dumb when viewing the Wolfe's oceanside aerie.

"I'm not animated to do that." - Brak
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: 2010 June 13, 02:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your town has two salons, your Stylist gets 2 jobs per day, one for each Salon. For now, I am not personally considering this borked, as one job a day is really, really stupid.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2010 June 13, 04:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wants are borked all over for my game. In a brand new hood to check things out my sim, Odd, keeps rolling wants to have his wife (who is living with him) move in, or to visit her house (which is his house), or to call her when she's standing right in front of him. He's also rolling wants to do things he just did or is currently doing (Go fishing, while he's fishing, cook a meal right after he's cooked a meal, etc.).

airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2010 June 13, 06:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim roll a want to move in with his wife (he lived with her also) prior to AMB or the recent patch, so this is not new.  I have also rolled the want to cook a meal right after having cooked it.  In fact, it wouldn't be a normal sim day for me if that didn't happen!
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2010 June 13, 07:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'll excavate dig sites on lots, but the ones on open land are fucked.

Ahh, so that explains why my sim seemed to be skipping the excavations sites I directed her to. I didn't see exactly what happened because usually I'm elsewhere looking for new places to explore for the sim and just have a long queue of actions lined up in the background.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2010 June 13, 11:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your town has two salons, your Stylist gets 2 jobs per day, one for each Salon. For now, I am not personally considering this borked, as one job a day is really, really stupid.

All the careers are a bit slow to get going. I had my sim keep skill books in her inventory and used all the down time to skill up and/or befriend co-workers and customers. After the first few levels, they'll be offered more jobs per day. My level 8 stylists routinely gets at least 3 job offers per day, and I only have the one salon in Twinbrook.

After level 3 I think it was, they can walk around town and offer makeovers to fugly sims, too. They don't receive any extra simoleans for it, but it counts toward experience and helps them advance to the next level.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2010 June 13, 15:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rolled up an Architectural Designer last night and gave it a whirl.  Just like with the Stylist, all of my customers were happy with my work on every assignment.  My only real complaints about AD (other than the tediousness of the tasks) are how long it takes to finish.  You have to wait for the client to show up, look it over, and then give you their approval before the task can finally be over.  Ideally, all of that could be handled with a popup.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2010 June 13, 15:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also kind of hate how the customers are happy with whatever the hell you give them no matter what, but taste is subjective and certainly something the game will never be able to account for. :-/

I agree it's dumb to do one assignment a day and sit around for the rest of the 8 or so hours, so I just do other non assigned 'projects'. It doesn't advance me but I usually have wants to fill anyway. Also if you had a drafting table in your place of business you can practice your skill on that with sketches.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: 2010 June 13, 16:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rolled up an Architectural Designer last night and gave it a whirl.  Just like with the Stylist, all of my customers were happy with my work on every assignment.  My only real complaints about AD (other than the tediousness of the tasks) are how long it takes to finish.  You have to wait for the client to show up, look it over, and then give you their approval before the task can finally be over.  Ideally, all of that could be handled with a popup.

This is good, though, because it makes it more realistic and gives you something to do all day. Two jobs a day can take up the entire work time, and if you dont finish before the day is over, you come by and finish the next day. I like that part.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2010 June 13, 16:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is good, though, because it makes it more realistic and gives you something to do all day. Two jobs a day can take up the entire work time, and if you dont finish before the day is over, you come by and finish the next day. I like that part.

I'm not really looking for the sort of realism where a game I'm playing is as tedious as working a real-life job.  What's next, following a Business sim to work and doing paperwork all day?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2010 June 13, 18:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really looking for the sort of realism where a game I'm playing is as tedious as working a real-life job.  What's next, following a Business sim to work and doing paperwork all day?

Well look at this way, a Stylist does 1 job per day (per Salon lot in the neighborhood) that is takes less that 1 Sim hour, then nothing happens for the rest of the and worst is the Sim just stands there, at least the Firehouse have fridges, beds so you can even live there for a bit and you can build skills as it as the only thing you can do in the Salon is socializing with the other 2 NPCs.

Stylist is slow AND boring with about zero challenge (new shoes you say?), at least your Sim is working from home as a Interior Decorator.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 15:09:46 by Drakron » Logged
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010 June 13, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really looking for the sort of realism where a game I'm playing is as tedious as working a real-life job.  What's next, following a Business sim to work and doing paperwork all day?

Well look at this way, a Stylist does 1 job per day (per Salon lot in the neighborhood) that is takes less that 1 Sim hour, then nothing happens for the rest of the and worst is the Sim just stands there, at least the Firehouse have fridges, beds so you can even live there for a bit and you can build skills as it as the only thing you can do in the Salon is socializing with the other 2 NPCs.

Stylist is slow AND boring with about zero challenge (new shoes you say?), at least your Sim is working from home as a Interior Decorator.

This is why i put a fridge and a drafting table in my neighborhood salon =)

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: 2010 June 13, 21:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When editing a sim's clothing, I seem to have sleepwear (full body) and swimwear (lower body) in my everyday category for some reason. This does NOT happen in the Styling salon, and as far as I know it does not happen in CAS (haven't made a new sim in a while), it only happens when editing a sim in CAS by some manner (in my case, the supercomputer).
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2010 June 13, 22:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which clothes?  EA or CC?  Male?  Female?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: 2010 June 13, 22:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default base game stuff. Dunno about female since my towns are sausage fests.
Flor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2010 June 13, 23:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the trampolin? Shouldn't that thing give sims fitness points?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: 2010 June 13, 23:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's supposed to, but it doesn't.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010 June 14, 01:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA2: Took my Mods folder completely out and started a new vanilla game with the Curious clan. School bus has never arrived and I have to click on 'go to school'. Sent toddler to the dresser multiple times, and restarted the game once. There doesn't seem to be a particular pattern; here are the results:
Dresser #1: Added two days to the toddlers age, from 11 to 13.
Dresser #2: (next day) No days added
Dresser #3: Added one day, 11 to 12
Game restart: No change
Dresser #4: Added 3 days, from 11 to 14
Dresser #5: Added two days, from 13 to 15

Are you playing an extended lifespan, as those ages for a toddler seem quite long.  If you are, maybe that is what is causing the problem?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2010 June 14, 06:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also kind of hate how the customers are happy with whatever the hell you give them no matter what, but taste is subjective and certainly something the game will never be able to account for. :-/

I agree it's dumb to do one assignment a day and sit around for the rest of the 8 or so hours, so I just do other non assigned 'projects'. It doesn't advance me but I usually have wants to fill anyway. Also if you had a drafting table in your place of business you can practice your skill on that with sketches.

When playing my Architectural Designer, I've had 2 out of about 6 jobs not go well.  One was displeased that the shower I placed was inaccessible (whoops) and the other noticed when my sim sat down to watch television and was told: "If you have time to do that, I might just take some of your pay away. "  Or something to that degree, anyway. I thought that was pretty cool. Also, I had a third job, where the customer thought it was "OK" but wasn't that impressed.  So all in all, I'm finding that realistic and cool.  I'm also quite comfortable with the job-a-day factor.  What annoys me is how a female designer gets time off for pregnancy/maternity leave.  Take the baby with I say!

That all said, I'm having better luck with the crashes thanks to A: Moving the CC into the documents folder and B: I got the 4GB patch from here: http://www.ntcore.com/ which I believe has helped some. However, I still had a crash while playing 2 sims that were visiting a neighbor lot.  
« Last Edit: 2010 June 14, 06:39:07 by jonas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: