More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:12:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260100 times)
amarynth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Ambitions: What's borked
« on: 2010 June 01, 22:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I crazy, or are there no skill books in the library in Twinbrook?

I guess those two things aren't mutually exclusive.  I swear I clicked on every friggin' bookcase and couldn't find any, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 01, 22:37:34 by amarynth » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 01, 22:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not see any trees in neighbourhood view. Zooming out I cannot see them, when zoomed in close to the lot I can see them, and before I installed ambitions I could see the trees in neighbourhood view. I've had problems with Riverview before with no trees in neighbourhood view, but this persists with the new town and also Sunset Valley.
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 01, 22:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rad, check your graphics setting in Options. It may have changed the settings you had before you installed the new expansion.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 01, 22:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you install a new EP, SP, or patch, the game resets to the default settings.  You'll also need to change your lifespan options too, if you were playing at anything other than the default.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 01, 22:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My graphics settings appear to be on low even though they arent.

Also, the house I moved into has a FOUNDATION HEIGHT FLOOR on top of the first floor, and it deletes using the sledgehammer, leaving holes (walled holes). Like a deck/foundation. But there's no tool to build something like this for myself! D:
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 01, 22:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Copied over my options from my saved directory, and it's no longer borked.

It somehow saw fit to set all my options to default (minimum). I had it optimized for my PC for a balance between quality/performance before
« Last Edit: 2010 June 01, 23:04:36 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 01, 23:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my options to fix after closing and reloading, but it wont let me turn off data whatevering. Which is scary.

The grass in Twinbrook is so..ugly...that I didn't think my graphics settings were fixed until I placed the default grass to compare.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 01, 23:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAS has no music. Now that's changed from my last game session pre-ambitions.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 01, 23:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the contrary, I was enjoying the CAS music, there's some cute new general town/cas/etc music in this one.

Did anyone notice the logo on the load screen is ridiculously off center? <_< This is pretty Borked to me. I'll be updating my Sims 3 Load Screen mod to work with this for sure.

I can CAST floor edges...but not cielings. :\
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 01, 23:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant that after the original music in CAS when it loads/runs, there is no music. No loop, or shuffle, or play. Just stops.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 01, 23:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm seeing a Grill-A-Thon marker constantly, not sure if this is intentional but it is a bit annoying. The house icon does it too. I am hoping this can be modded away because I am already aggrivated by it.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 01, 23:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the windows on every lot are blue tinged outside looking in and clear inside looking out. What the hell?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 01, 23:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the windows on every lot are blue tinged outside looking in and clear inside looking out. What the hell?

Tilt hte camera up. If it goes away, that's the sky reflecting onto them.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 01, 23:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the sky.
Porcelyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 02, 02:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my launcher is borked. I can't install or uninstall content.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 02, 02:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the windows are significantly more reflective now (people complained that they didnt seem to have glass panes), so I think it is the sky. :p

Still nothing borked for me apart from what I listed. I really wish I could figure out the damn mini-foundation thingy used on, like, every house. It's clearly made with a special tool but no such tool exists!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 02, 02:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI, I registered my game earlier and was able to download and install the free stuff from the store just fine. I also have all the new traits (can't remember where, but some people were reporting that the new traits were missing for them). I haven't checked out the reward items yet, so can't comment on those. My sliders also work fine and I'm currently testing out some other CC. No problems yet, although ironically EA did what most other world creators have done - used the most official-looking library bookshelves - which sadly have no skill books in them whatsoever. I wish I knew how to hack that and make all books available for all bookshelves, because it's ridiculous.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 02, 02:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the windows are significantly more reflective now (people complained that they didnt seem to have glass panes), so I think it is the sky. :p

Still nothing borked for me apart from what I listed. I really wish I could figure out the damn mini-foundation thingy used on, like, every house. It's clearly made with a special tool but no such tool exists!

Yeah, sorry if I came off cold, I realize now that the windows are now a lot more reflective. But my first instinct was that blue window effect way back from sims 2! Other than that, nothing is borked for me either. I wanna how they did that foundation, too.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 02, 02:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look when inside the windows reflect the indoors much more. I also notice the lighting and shadows are VASTLY improved (in a subtle way, if that makes sense). In particular an easel I was placing for an architect job produced a shadow on the wall when two tiles away from it, which I dont recall seeing before.

Has anyone shared the free registration stuff yet?
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 02, 02:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Ambitions yet, but I just patched. Have been enjoying the world editor tool, playing around with lot placement and moving trees or deleting them. I have been unable to grab the big oak trees, no matter what angle I try to get to them. Those are the ones I wanted to delete in some areas, cause they clip the houses.

I wonder if those of you that have Ambitions are experiencing the same problem? I wanted to know if this is just a patch thing.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 02, 03:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look when inside the windows reflect the indoors much more. I also notice the lighting and shadows are VASTLY improved (in a subtle way, if that makes sense). In particular an easel I was placing for an architect job produced a shadow on the wall when two tiles away from it, which I dont recall seeing before.

Has anyone shared the free registration stuff yet?

Yeah, the indoor lighting actually is a lot better!
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 02, 03:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The laundry thing. I'm not sure what's going on but my Sim (pre-made, Sergeant is the last name I believe) never wears the same clothing twice anymore now that I've initiated the laundry system. Basically, every time your Sim changes clothes whether from showering or switching to work out, they drop a pile of clothing on the ground near them. Clicking on the laundry gives you the Clean Up option but if you don't then click on the Washing Machine and choose Do Laundry, the Sim will just drop the laundry in a pile again. OR you can just click on the Washer and choose Do Laundry and your Sim will go around the house collecting piles of clothing. Takes 45 Sim minutes for a wash cycle, not sure how long for drying, and a green light on the front of each machine tells you when it's done. Also, they get Wants to wash clothes and positive moodlets for fresh clothing.

BUT, back to the clothing, I was wondering if Sims wear ugly tattered clothing because you didn't have them do their laundry. It's bullshit but, I've been doing nothing but laundry since I started and my one Sim keeps wearing different clothing. Once it was a jumpsuit, then the career clothing for Culinary (even though she is a cop). Her husband does not have this problem.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 02, 04:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like usual, EA overdid something that players might have actually enjoyed otherwise. They are CLUELESS.

Hopefully someone will create a mod for this. Dropping the clothes on the floor once every 3-4 days ought to do it. To make it realistic, though, it should vary dependiing on the number of sims in the household. Currently I am playing a two-sim household and they are doing laundry twice a freaking day.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 02, 04:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can CAST floor edges...but not ceilings. :\
To CAST ceilings paint them with floor tiles first.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 02, 04:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small issue: my Investigator Sim was doing a Stakeout at the Library. A message came up saying he found some information and should write a report and give it to the police. Since he was already at the Library and could use a computer, I clicked the building to go inside (it was still acting as a rabbit hole) but I didn't get the option to Visit the Library. I had to have him walk off lot to the supermarket, then clicked on the Library and I finally had the option to Visit and the Library interior became visible.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: