More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:08:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742187 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #475 on: 2008 March 11, 08:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version is your daemon? Maybe you should try a newer version that isn't blacklisted by SecuROM.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 2008 March 11, 13:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya real wonderful. I getting my next pc built from Micron (I live in Idaho) OK I tried the groups cache, still didn't work. Just get a gray box with a red X
Did you try the Wiki? http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem

You put your No-cd, here? C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSBin ?
Where did you get your no-cd? You may want to try another, maybe the file is bad or the download went wrong.

I got the no cd crack from your siggy. I also tried the one from gamecopyworld. I get the same thing. My path looks like this C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2. Free Time is installed: D:\The Sims 2 Free Time. The short cut pointed to this particular folder, so I put the crack in D:\The Sims 2 Free Time\TS Bin. I get nothing. Honestly I think when I was following the steps to remove Securom I did something wrong. I followed it closely but I must have done something wonky to the registry because now I can't even uninstall/reinstall FT without my pc freezing. I am really regretting buying this game.

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 2008 March 11, 16:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version is your daemon? Maybe you should try a newer version that isn't blacklisted by SecuROM.

My Deamon is the newest. I had 4.0 went I started this. I have 4.12 now. Go read the deamon forums, I'm not the only one. One person had a way around it and that was to use 4.0, which is what I used in the first place that didn't work. Anyway, now my Freetime with a crack will not work, getting something to work with deamon is the least of my worries. Boyfriend decides he wants the computer last night so I didn't get a chance to try to remove securom to see if that works.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2008 March 12, 04:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good News! The no cd patch worked this time, I'm at a loss as to why, but it works now. Yay, now i'm just down to the problem of not being able to burn discs. I did notice an error saying something about calibration...I don't know how to go about fixing that.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2008 March 12, 05:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good News! The no cd patch worked this time, I'm at a loss as to why, but it works now. Yay, now i'm just down to the problem of not being able to burn discs. I did notice an error saying something about calibration...I don't know how to go about fixing that.

Calibration? I assume it means your cd drive. Sometimes lasers mess up a bit and loose the "sweet spot". I do not know how to reset them. Google is your friend. Another cause is just bad software, Nero will pull up a "Power Calibration" error some times, I don't know the cause, I don't burn discs like I used to. Google "Power Calibration Nero" and see what you get, you may find something useful.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: 2008 March 18, 02:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the no cd patch now for FT. It loads properly, but it is so weird. The butterflies are boxes in the yard (you know when sims "catch" them) I am missing several Maxis objects. Some have a square in the buy catalog but say "no image". All of my BV seem to be affected by this. Also the seasons icons in the UI are just black boxes.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2008 March 18, 16:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall the eps, that's not a no-cd problem, thats corrupt core files, and maybe a graphics issue.
Did you ever mark your seasons files (or any other eps core files) as read only?

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: 2008 March 18, 16:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no I never marked them read only. That stinks. Thanks again Mor, you are awesome. I was hoping to not have to reinstall but oh well.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2008 March 18, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which no-cd did you use? The one in my sig is fine. A no-cd wouldn't cause those problems though. With a bad no-cd you generally get missing features like a missing build and buy mode. I would have said that it was possibly a  graphics card issue only, but you said there were missing maxis objects as well with the no-image icon. That sounds like some files had a problem on install or corrupted, with more then BV if it effects seasons stuff.

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2008 March 18, 22:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok FT will not uninstall. I need to do it manually but I don't know the registry entries. Anyone know? Thanks

dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: 2008 March 19, 01:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Thank you to all who helped with instructions and links in this thread. I am now Securom free. Eaxis has no one but themselves to blame for it either because all I really wanted to do was play from an image of my own disk instead of using the CD, and it wouldn't play nice. (Freetime) Now I'm using the no-crack because I couldn't get it to load from the image. It kept whining about the original disk needing to be in drive F, even though I installed the game from the image (virtual drive G)

So there, Securom. You're toast. By the way, I found the instructions at the beginning of the thread quite easy to follow.

Also, (quite off topic so you're welcome to poke me with sticks ;P) I read with interest the discussion of age and who remembers which dinosaur computers. Who remembers the Radio Shack 2k thingy? That was the first one I ever tried to use. It was concurrent with the first Apple computer, I believe. No one misses it. The first one I actually owned was a Commodore 64, which I poked around on. It didn't actually make me computer literate, unfortunately. I am NOT a programmer by nature. It was fun though.
dotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2008 March 28, 15:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I just got BV (a bit late I know) today. I installed and patched it, and then remembered about the whole securom-thing. Ouch! I havn't actually started the game yet though, does that mean I'm still securom-free?

I thought I'd jump right to Zazazu's step 4, but I'm a complete no-cd noob and there are 3 versions to dl at the place where the link leads to. Is it the v1.10.0.130 I should go for?

(Oh, and I did a search before I asked, I just wasn't sure how up-to-date the info I got was, since it was mostly from back when BV came out.)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2008 March 28, 16:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are still securom free if you installed the game from an administrator account. For the crack, look for the game version. If you installed the latest patch, then yes the 1.10.0.130 is the right one.
dotty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2008 March 28, 16:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I just dl:ed the patch today. For future reference though, where do I find out what game version I have?

Well, I guess I'll try it out then, and see how it works... Thanks!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2008 March 28, 16:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For future reference though, where do I find out what game version I have?

Turn on the testing cheats -- the version number will appear in the upper right corner, at least on the neighborhood screen (and maybe everywhere -- I don't really notice it anymore Smiley ).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2008 March 31, 23:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so when they come out with the patches, what do you do to insert those? Do you temporarily remove the no cd patch, then put in the patch, then put the no cd patch back in?

I have bought the games. I just refused to allow any more securom in my pcs!  I also gave my pc guru a link to your site so he can figure out how to remove the stupid securom outta my machine!  LOL
Thanks for all your help in this! You folks ROCK!!!
hugs,
Skye
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2008 March 31, 23:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, remove the no-cd, patch and then find an updated no-cd for the updated game.

Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2008 March 31, 23:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a patch for freetime on this site http://www.diesims2.de/files.list.asp?id=583  and on our ea site there is one for bon voyage here http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

Thank you for the help!!!
 Grin
Skye

Update: Uh....what if they don't have an update for the no cd crack yet? Do I just use the one I have already?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 31, 23:36:31 by skye » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2008 April 01, 02:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there isn't a NoCD crack for the patched version, then don't patch.  I didn't patch BV until half an hour before I installed FT, as I couldn't be bothered to download a crack for the patched version.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2008 April 02, 00:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably a stupid question so you are welcome to poke me with sticks as you like, but I still want an answer. When a no-CD crack for FT with the patch is released, will there be an announcement in this thread? Will there possibly also be a link?
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2008 April 02, 09:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just bookmark gamecopyworld.com and check for yourself everyday? Tongue
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2008 April 05, 04:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprise surprise, the bbs announced that the newest FT patch has some bugs in it, so they have pulled the patch. To be fixed and updated next week. Something about making clothing with the sewing machine and the skin.....wonderful. After I just got everything patched! I guess will have to uninstall and scoop up the former patch again. What a bummer! But now you all know the score!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2008 April 10, 02:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you shouldn't have to re-install -- if the patch installed for you ok, just keep playing the game.  Just avoid having your sims make custom clothing on a sewing machine until they get the next version of the patch out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jemina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2008 April 12, 20:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's malware. I don't like rootkits on my computer so I removed it when I realized it had been installed on my system (to which I never agreed, another thing that makes me dislike it intensely).
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2008 April 12, 20:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The side effects of SecurRom can be pretty severe, such as preventing you from using you from using your CD/DVD burner for perfectly legitimate purposes.  It depends on your setup.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: