More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 13:43:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 226769 times)
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #175 on: 2008 January 07, 14:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible to throw a party at an owned lot, and yes Sims do just seem to fly over for it. Just like my owned businesses have vacation people working at them. I wasn't able to throw a party on a hotel lot using the cell phone, the option didn't come up in the menu.

Where are my ten thousand dollars?

Edit:
There might have been a problem though with the cell phone, since I tried it after the owned lot as such I might still have been thinking that lot was the 'home' despite me being checked into the hotel. Will update in a couple of mins.

Update:
Nope doesn't appear to be an option on a hotel lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 07, 14:25:08 by Aner-Dyfan » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2008 January 07, 15:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the update. Looks like the want just needs stomping on community lots then.

We spent the money on airfares to that party of yours, sorry!  Grin

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2008 January 09, 23:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a female married Servo get the "Have a Baby" want, with this hack installed. I have all EPs, including BV.

EDIT: Never mind, I realized adoption satisfies the want.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 15, 20:26:49 by Berney » Logged
asoivel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2008 January 22, 12:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teens, children and toddlers get blank want and fear slots and I get errors (log attached). Sometimes the problem is fixed when they come back from school and reroll their wants, but that is only temporary. When they reroll their wants in the morning, the slots are blank again. The problem is not limited to one household and or one neighbourhood.

I'm pretty much sure this is caused by wfsanity because I removed all other hacks and custom content but the problem still occurs. I have all expansions up to Seasons (no BV) plus H&M and Teenstyle Stuff. I recently installed Teenstyle, so maybe it is related to that. I've also had two crashes, but I'm not sure they are related. I couldn't reproduce them, so they might be caused by something else entirely.

« Last Edit: 2008 January 24, 07:56:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2008 January 22, 14:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed this hack today, Seasons latest EP also, no H&M, no Teen Style (using Seasons Version, dated Jan. 19) and i'm also getting blank wants/fears for all sims (toddler thru Adult).  Error message shows bad gosub tree.   I'll add my log just in case.
   PS: I'm getting the error msgs when i use the Lot Debugger to Reroll the wants.
   reroll/Error Msg/Cancell  - No effect on wants/fears
   reroll/Error Msg/Reset - No effect on wants/fears
   reroll/Error Msg/Delete - at this stage, i usually end up with totally wierd/inappropriate wants.
   rinse/repeat

« Last Edit: 2008 January 24, 07:56:12 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2008 January 22, 17:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too am getting blank wants for my children but no error reports. It is striking every child in every neighborhood. Upon transition to teens the problem resolves itself. Only awesome hacks installed and all updated from the Seasons directory and the Directors Cut (double checked this..my DL folder is very organized). This just started recently (last few weeks). The reroll wants option on the lot debugger does not work either. I also cannot reroll the blank wants via debug mode.  All EP's up to Seasons and no stuffit packs. All games patched. This is truly strange.

I guess the next thing I need to do is remove this hack to see if that is the root of the problem.  Undecided

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2008 January 23, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New test.  Completely empty Downloads folder, only things added were the ffsdebugger and wfsanity (Seasons Versions).  Got the error as soon as i entered the lot.   
   Error attached.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 24, 07:55:46 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2008 January 24, 07:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not want to say anything, but I am having the same problem with blank wants and fears slots for children, and it too was not fixable using the Lot Debugger, and it too resolved as soon as I took wfsanity out (and nothing else).

PB

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: 2008 January 24, 07:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why didn't you want to say anything? Now it is all your fault!

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2008 January 24, 13:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fix is up for Pre-BV wfsanity.  According to Pescado, it was a compatability issue.  On three, yell BAAA.

One.

Two.

Three. <runs quickly out of the room>

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2008 January 25, 22:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why didn't you want to say anything? Now it is all your fault!

I know, I know.  It's because Pescado fills me with dread.

Also, I assumed it was 1) something I did or 2) tight pants.

Just installed BV and the new shiny wfsanity.  So far, all I'm seeing is fewer Stupid Pet Wants (why do you care if your brother's cat gets a job?)

PB

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2008 January 26, 06:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post fix, all my childrens' wants have returned to normal.  Bahhhh...frikkin...bahhhh

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2008 January 26, 07:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed BV and the new shiny wfsanity.  So far, all I'm seeing is fewer Stupid Pet Wants (why do you care if your brother's cat gets a job?)
wfsanity is relatively subtle, it just eliminates all the unsatisfiable low-yield wants and ridiculous crap, so that your sims will then roll up more interesting stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2008 January 29, 17:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you could look at removing the marriage and engagement wants from the romance aspiration?

It's really bizarre having my sim both want AND fear engagement and marriage  Tongue

Especially when I'm on a date and get marriage wants for other sims.  Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2008 January 29, 17:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I LIKE those Wants. It means the Romance sim is ready to "settle down." Although, it would be nice to have a sanity check to see they have a FEAR as well as a WANT. Like, they shouldn't get a Want to get married if they already have a fear. Or something.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2008 January 29, 17:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assumed that if they had the want, they were ready to settle down, and the fear was pre-wedding jitters and fear of losing their freedom.  Seemed logical and very real-life emulating.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2008 January 29, 21:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So when I get 5 simultaneous marriage wants for 5 different sims, that means...what?  I'm ready to collect life insurance?  Tongue
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2008 January 29, 21:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Precisely. You have a black widow on your hands. You could always do a Free Love Cult. Those can be endless drama if you leave jealousy on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2008 January 30, 03:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hahaha, I had to turn off jealously because of the "20 simultaneous lovers" aspiration.  It got old having all the dates at my house because I was afraid to be seen in public after I got up to #5.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2008 January 30, 05:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free Love isn't dating/having lovers. It's every sim in the house marrying whomever they like, preferably with the others liking the new spouse. It requires tweaking behind-the-scenes with hacks or SimPE. It + ACR + household limit removal hack = absolute chaos. First comes marriage, then comes marriage, then comes baby, and maybe a couple more marriages and babies. Next thing you know, someone's caught someone else making out and the fighting and breaking up explodes while the kids absolutely lose it. Actually, even with jealousy turned off, you're sure to have a couple sims end up hating each other. It's Pescado-level drama.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2008 April 11, 21:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wolud it be possible to add in a check to prevent Marco Polo wants when there is no swimming pool on the lot and fishing wants when there's no pond? With FT and a bunch of Sims who are growing their own food, the fishing wants in particular are getting obnoxiously intrusive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2008 April 12, 04:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: If it was, I'd have done it already. Alas, those wants are checktreeless, meaning they refuse to die.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2008 April 12, 15:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugger.

Good to know, at least. Baa.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2008 April 14, 12:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be the totally wrong place to ask this, but it seemed logical to me....do sims get wants to buy the new freetime stuff like the ballet barre, the restorable car, the pottery wheel and the sewing machine? I haven't seen any wants for these items come up yet-and I only buy my sims stuff if they actually want them. All my sims want to buy are bowling alleys, saunas and massage tables. Roll Eyes

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2008 April 14, 12:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they do. Buy wants like those are mostly free ASP, though. Death to Emma.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: