More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:13:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 225847 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« on: 2007 May 03, 16:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes wants and fears more "sane", with fewer ludicrous, illogical, out-of-character, implausible, or just flat out impossible items clogging slots.

wfsanity.zip

Wants & Fears Sanity for TS2U+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

ANNOYANCES FIXED:
Tons of sanity and personality checks added to wants, including:
1.  No longer will want to play/etc. with people who aren't here. (Talk OK)
2.  Knowledge sims no longer obsessed with attempted suicide unless low ASP.
3.  Supernatural creatures no longer want to cure others of type.
4.  Flirting with ugly and inappropriate people discouraged.
5.  Cannot fear being caught cheating unless actually cheating.
6.  Extremely implausible events with no history not feared.
    Ex: Death of non-elder in neighborhood with no history of unnatural death.
        Becoming enemies with best friends with no history of best friend loss.
7.  No obsession with unaccessible pets.
8.  Skating no longer valid want unless rink actually present.
9.  Only kids and silly non-neat people want to balloon/snowball fight.
10. Very mean sims no longer actually WANT to give gifts.
11. Snow activities require presence of actual snow!

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2Seasons.
Death to all Nesses.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis. Has been known to cause frequent want rerolls when initially
installed into formerly lacking game.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 16, 13:35:20 by Doctor Boris » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 03, 17:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If nothing interesting ever happens to a particular sim who has a college degree, will I start getting empty want slots? Or are my fears unfounded?

INFP or something
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 03, 18:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I might be answering to my own question, but what exactly determines the "ugliness" of the target sim? Is it the person type (NPC, townie), or is it related to the attraction score?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 03, 18:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, Pescado makes the Sims far less annoying.

This was extremely aggravating. My sims aren't emo, thanks.

3.  Supernatural creatures no longer want to cure others of type.

Yet another self-hatred issue nipped in the bud.

Same question as above: does this mean Townies?

5.  Cannot fear being caught cheating unless actually cheating.

"I sinned in my heart," said Jimmy Carter, feeling guilty.

YES!!

10. Very mean sims no longer actually WANT to give gifts.

Another WTF stompled. YESSSS!

11. Snow activities require presence of actual snow!

Now I want to play again.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 03, 23:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same question as above: does this mean Townies?
It means that the flirt want will not appear for every single target of the sim's orientation, especially if his reaction to that sim is to barf at the sight of them. Only appropriate sims (As with the old norandom) which are actually attractive to the sim will be wanted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 03, 23:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, new shiney!

ANNOYANCES FIXED:
Tons of sanity and personality checks added to wants, including:
1.  No longer will want to play/etc. with people who aren't here. (Talk OK)

Hrm... well, I kinda didn't mind those so much.  In a way, it was like a suggestion to invite that person over (if they didn't live in the house).

Are you referring to the saved from death and struck by lightning wants?

Heh.  It would be cool if sims had fears of being flirted with ugly people. Cheesy

What determines if a pet is 'unaccessible'?  I have a YA at Uni who rolls up wants to teach his pet (that he left back home) commands.  I don't mind so much, because it gives me a reason to invite the household over every now and then.

I actually don't mind these wants either... it's a way for my sims to tell me that they want to go to a comm lot.  I may or may not be nice to them, and if it clogs up their wants, well then, it sucks for them don't it?  Many wants that are changed to only roll up if you happen to be on related comm lots, well they don't always roll up when I actually have my sims go to those type of comm lots.  So, I'd rather they roll up without the requirement of such objects being present, because otherwise, I may not even have a reason to go to those places anyway.  At least, when they do roll up, I have the option of locking them and sending my sims to comm lots to satisfy them.

9.  Only kids and silly non-neat people want to balloon/snowball fight.

Does 'silly' = playful?  And is that a double requirement?  That a 'silly' sim also has to be sloppy?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 04, 09:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... well, I kinda didn't mind those so much.  In a way, it was like a suggestion to invite that person over (if they didn't live in the house).
It's much more annoying than that, believe me. Firstly, the way it triggers pretty much ALWAYS guarantees that the option to invite the person is no longer available, and it's never there when you DO want to invite someone over. Secondly, the want to invite someone over already exists. So basically, they will want that first, now, and THEN the other stuff will appear.

Are you referring to the saved from death and struck by lightning wants?
The former, yes. The lightning one has no check tree and can't be touched.

What determines if a pet is 'unaccessible'?
Nonresident pets, particularly strays. There's no particularly good way to invite over a pet, since pets cannot be phoned, and trying to invite the entire family quickly results in lot overload and is unreliable to boot. If you actually DO get the pet to appear, the wants will roll up as usual

I actually don't mind these wants either... it's a way for my sims to tell me that they want to go to a comm lot.  I may or may not be nice to them, and if it clogs up their wants, well then, it sucks for them don't it?  Many wants that are changed to only roll up if you happen to be on related comm lots, well they don't always roll up when I actually have my sims go to those type of comm lots.
This is directly due to the insane amount of spam out there. The skating want is SO PERNICIOUS that is almost GUARANTEED to appear without help, believe me. Not to mention it's worth so little that there's little point in enduring horrible load lag JUST to get a lousy 500 ASP. You'd lose more Asp from time than you would by actually GOING anywhere to fill that lot, making it a net minus to even attempt! Whim-of-the-moment wants need sanity brakes.

Does 'silly' = playful?  And is that a double requirement?  That a 'silly' sim also has to be sloppy?
He doesn't need to be extreme sloppy, but he has to be below the threshold of developing puddle rage. Also, someone has to actually exist to be ballooned with. A hermit living alone on a lot with no visitors is not going to think of this.

torawashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 04, 21:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this cause any conflicts with twojeffs' "No Pet Obsession"?
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 05, 00:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost everybody I hang out with regularly in real life would be Knowledge if they were a sim, probably because most other things pall with time, whereas knowledge has infinite variety.  None of my friends have suicidal tendencies, so I'm glad to see that their electronic counterparts are no longer tying up the suicide hotline. :-)

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
Ethendrelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 05, 02:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this cause any conflicts with twojeffs' "No Pet Obsession"?

Paladin's hack conflict detector over at SimWardrobe.com reports a conflict. (CT - Generic Test - Pet Is Eligible?)

update/edit: twojeffs discusses it here.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 05, 07:14:07 by Ethendrelle » Logged

> select * from users where clue > 0;

0 rows returned
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 05, 18:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could the silly want to swim when there is no swimming pool on the residential lot be added to this awesome list?  Same for playing pool.

Or are these already included but there is simply no mention of it?

EDIT:  It is showing a conflict with your "no random flirts" mod.  From what I read in the description, I guess that mod is included in this package already now?
« Last Edit: 2007 May 06, 01:08:14 by MissDoh » Logged
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 06, 05:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this be able to be tweaked to cover not wanting a car if there's not driveway on a lot?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 06, 18:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could the silly want to swim when there is no swimming pool on the residential lot be added to this awesome list?  Same for playing pool.

Or are these already included but there is simply no mention of it?
Swimming is already included, the list is pretty huge. Noted about the pool hustling.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 07, 20:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's much more annoying than that, believe me. Firstly, the way it triggers pretty much ALWAYS guarantees that the option to invite the person is no longer available, and it's never there when you DO want to invite someone over. Secondly, the want to invite someone over already exists. So basically, they will want that first, now, and THEN the other stuff will appear.

Ahh... ok.  At least there will be some logical progression then.  I just didn't want like total stompage... I hope this means that more useful and/or interesting wants will roll up in place of these.

If you actually DO get the pet to appear, the wants will roll up as usual

Ok, at least now my YA won't be so obsessed with his pet still at home.  He'll be graduating in a couple semesters anyway, and movin back in, so he'll be reunited with his dog soon enough.

This is directly due to the insane amount of spam out there. The skating want is SO PERNICIOUS that is almost GUARANTEED to appear without help, believe me. Not to mention it's worth so little that there's little point in enduring horrible load lag JUST to get a lousy 500 ASP. You'd lose more Asp from time than you would by actually GOING anywhere to fill that lot, making it a net minus to even attempt! Whim-of-the-moment wants need sanity brakes.

Well, I don't mind these type of wants, that really probably would only get satisfied at comm lots, especially for the poorer sims (who can't yet afford to buy their own personal bowling lanes, skating rinks, and swimming pools... or have the space to place them ).  I don't really play the game to keep track of points.  These wants are sort of my way to imagine that my sims actually have minds of their own.  They're a way for the sims to tell me what they would like to do... and then it's up to me to decide whether or not I feel like taking the trip downtown or not.

I kinda felt that, with the nogizmowants hack, it helped before... but then, even in large households, with only one landline, my sims were no longer getting wants to buy cell phones.  Especially on Uni lots, it was kinda necessary, with households as large as 7 to 12 playables.  But, with limited funds (since I don't play all sims to straight A+'s and thus full scholarships and/or semester grants), I let their individual wants dictact Who specifically gets to do what.

Anyhew... it's not the aspiration points that I care about so much... rather, the wants serve as a 'suggestion' for me to decide how I feel like playing my sims that day, in that household.  It's a way to keep my interest in the game, so that I don't end up playing all sims the same exact way... so that not everyone necessarily fullfills the LTWs, not everyone will reach the top of their careers, not everyone will get straing A+s, or 4.0 GPAs, or even graduate.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 07, 21:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is, those wants aren't variables, they're just perma-clog. Every sim will ALWAYS get them, and they ALWAYS clog the slots, PREVENTING your sims from having much variety.

Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 08, 16:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using this, and now my Knowledge sim has five slots of buy-stuff wants.  Her house is fully furnished, so it's not the "buy a toilet, buy a shower, buy a refrigerator" set of wants you get when you move a sim into an empty house.  And she's maxed on skill points, so while she can't wish for those, she could still wish to play chess or stargaze or play with the dog or kiss her girlfriend, and she doesn't.  Usually only my (rare) Fortune sims have the want to buy things that cost at least X amount, but now my Knowledge sims do, too.  I guess if you take away their desire to kill themselves, then they want expensive consumer goods.  Weird!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 08, 19:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance of including getting rid of wants for a baby from sims whose significant others are too old to spawn?  I have a family sim (male elder) who keeps getting these wants.  His wife is now also an elder and the only other way he can reproduce would be to cheat on (or break up with) his wife and find a younger mate.  I do have TJs hack to make adopted children fulfill the 'have a child' want so technically they could adopt.  But meh, I think they should just be satisfied with the six kids they have already.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 08, 19:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your elderly couple could foster troubled neighbourhood children.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 08, 21:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally I would but they are my founding legacy couple.  I guess it isn't as much as an annoyance as the want fixes already included above  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 08, 22:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added. Coulda sworn someone already did that already, but meh.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 08, 22:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about fight wants trigger?Maybe it possible to replace See ghost of Sim and drink Sim triggers for Win fight with...?
Especially for uni where almost every fourth YA have see ghost of Sim Wants,but access to cowplant have only SS members.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 08, 22:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Infeasible, the triggers for those are buried inside the want trees themselves, and the check trees never become invoked until that point.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 09, 03:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to point out that despite there is an obvious lack of snow on my lots (it melted more than 18 sims hours ago) my sims are still showing wants to have snowball fights. It is still winter season but it warmed up and the snow melted early, still 1 day left of winter on that lot.  A want reroll using the FFS debugger did not help.

It also showed up as a want before I even got snow on the lot.  Good thing, it only showed up while in winter.  Tongue

EDIT TO ADD:  New May 8th version is now showing a conflict with the "no gizmo wants" mod.  As for the "no random flirts" I mention earlier, I removed that one thinking it is now part of this new hack, I will now also remove the "no gizmo wants" mod.  If those conflicts are not normal and I should place them back, I would appreciate a mention of it.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 09, 03:34:47 by MissDoh » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 09, 04:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind if I ask, I took a peek into the list of BHAVs and I was just wondering, which BHAV is the one that checks for saved from death?

It isn't CT - Test - Death of Sim?

I don't think it's CT - Test - Resurrect because I'm pretty sure that just checks to see if a resurrect-o-mitron thingy is on the lot.

Am I missing something?

Also... just wondering if the electronic related BHAVs are pretty much the same as those in nogizmowants?

Ste

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 09, 18:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mod include stompage of the fishing want on lots with nowhere to fish?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: