More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:30:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Better Use of the SimVac?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Better Use of the SimVac?  (Read 41106 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Better Use of the SimVac?
« on: 2005 July 19, 13:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have recently started using the SimVac on obnoxious townies, but I am somewhat confused by it.  The only Sims who can use it are those with Gold or Platinum aspiration, who in aspiration terms are doing OK thanks very much.  The ones who NEED aspiration points and would actually gain something by sucking them out of the obnoxious townies can't use it!  Is there any way the rule can be altered for this object so that Sims on green (or worse) can use this object to get themselves back into a more acceptable position?  I would have thought that was the whole point of using it in the first place (apart from watching the obnoxious townies suffer, of course).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Better Use of the SimVac?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 14:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only Gold or above Sims can use it because--follow me here--it is an Aspiration Reward object. 

As for its function, I think it is supposed to suck skill points from other Sims, who then become pissed off and kick your gnome or something  (not a euphemism).

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 18:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to be intended more as a user prop/torture device than as an item with an actual use. A purpose at which it succeeds quite remarkably, if properly implemented. Although nothing can beat buyable fire.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 21:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know it's an Aspiration Reward object, but does that mean the code can't be altered so it can serve a better purpose?  All that happens to the 'vacced' Sim is that they run off the lot, leaving someone platinum instead of gold, or platinum instead of platinum.  I would rather see a Sim who was previously red turn green or gold, or a green one turn gold or platinum.  It seems totally wasted otherwise, because when you've seen one Sim run off, you've seen 'em all.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 19, 22:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it to lower sim relationships... but that's just me. (Continuing the torture theme here Oddysey)

A proud thread pirate.
Quickfade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 23:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get the Sim Vac at all. (So I don't use it... I find that way I don't mess up my game Wink )

Ok, say my Sim has 4 cooking points and he sucks the skills out of a Sim with 2 cooking points. Does that mean he now will have 6 cooking points, or does the fact that he already has more than 2 cooking points negate the effect and leave his skill total the same?

Huh
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 23:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use it to suck the skill points from my old people before they kick off.  It doesn't take all their skill points, but adds some to the Sim using the vac.  I've never seen a difference in it working if the Sim has less skill then the suckee.  (is that a word?)

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 20, 03:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst thing is if your sim goes from gold into green while using it!  They then lose their own skill points and if they're a Knowledge sim they end up having a breakdown and the shrink has to come and sort them out!  It's far worse than them drinking elixir when they've slipped back into green!

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 14:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get the Sim Vac at all. (So I don't use it... I find that way I don't mess up my game Wink )

Ok, say my Sim has 4 cooking points and he sucks the skills out of a Sim with 2 cooking points. Does that mean he now will have 6 cooking points, or does the fact that he already has more than 2 cooking points negate the effect and leave his skill total the same?

Huh

Uni+Sim Vac+Irritating Coach=A good thing. Uni is the only time I really use the Sim Vac. When the coach comes to yell at your Sim, you have the prime opportunity for lots of free skill points if your Sim is not maxed. I only use it in Platinum. Last night my Sim maxed out her charisma, cleaning, and gained several cooking points from the coach. I also topped off her Platinum at the end. The thing about the coach is that he won't leave after being vacced. He'll just run to another part of the dorm so you can repeat the procedure many times. I emptied two Sim Vacs on him. I did have to take a short break during the shrink visit.

You get one skill point per use of the Vac, which is good for 5 uses, and it's random. It does not matter if your Sim already has more points than the suckee. My next victim will likely be one of the irritating drama professors that visit at random. If you show up uninvited, you're fair game. Besides, it's fun. Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 20, 17:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think they'd be able to max out their Body Skill Points from the coach!  Obviously, they aren't actually any good at their jobs, which is why sims who give in to their yelling and start working out don't actually get any fitter!

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 20, 18:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think they'd be able to max out their Body Skill Points from the coach!  Obviously, they aren't actually any good at their jobs, which is why sims who give in to their yelling and start working out don't actually get any fitter!

She already had maxed body thanks to the Obstacle Course. Come to think of it, though, I don't think I've ever gotten a body point from a coach. Interesting.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 20, 19:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just ban them from the lots now!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 21, 01:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: reggikko
Uni+Sim Vac+Irritating Coach=A good thing. Uni is the only time I really use the Sim Vac. When the coach comes to yell at your Sim, you have the prime opportunity for lots of free skill points if your Sim is not maxed. I only use it in Platinum. Last night my Sim maxed out her charisma, cleaning, and gained several cooking points from the coach. I also topped off her Platinum at the end. The thing about the coach is that he won't leave after being vacced. He'll just run to another part of the dorm so you can repeat the procedure many times. I emptied two Sim Vacs on him. I did have to take a short break during the shrink visit.

You get one skill point per use of the Vac, which is good for 5 uses, and it's random. It does not matter if your Sim already has more points than the suckee. My next victim will likely be one of the irritating drama professors that visit at random. If you show up uninvited, you're fair game. Besides, it's fun.

That's a great idea, why didn't I think of that? I never used the SimVac because..., well, because it just didn't seem right to steal someone else's skills (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a wuss Smiley). However, I will use it on the coach and those idiotic professors with pleasure. Not only do they bother my sims, they bother me, I find them simply obnoxious. I can now play Uni again, it sounds like this is fun (I haven't played it in a while, it bores me to tears).

How is it going down there Reg? You must be positively baking; stay cool, have an Ice Tea (sweetened ofcourse), and pour some enhancers in it.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 21, 01:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warning: SimVaccing for points neither satisfies the "Maximize All Skills" LTW nor creates the relevant maximized-skill memories.

There is, however, other value in strategic simvaccing: If your target has much lower skill than you, the SimVac consider points to be equivalent, even though the cost of a level 8 or 9 point is considerably higher than a level 1 point. So you could intentionally have a no-skill sim repeatedly gain the L1 skillpoint so you can borrow it to increase your high-value points. This is not, however, a really effective way of trying to break the speed record for maximize all skills, since the current speed record is in Childhood and children cannot use the SimVac. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 21, 02:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a great idea, why didn't I think of that? I never used the SimVac because..., well, because it just didn't seem right to steal someone else's skills (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a wuss Smiley). However, I will use it on the coach and those idiotic professors with pleasure. Not only do they bother my sims, they bother me, I find them simply obnoxious. I can now play Uni again, it sounds like this is fun (I haven't played it in a while, it bores me to tears).

I can only play Uni with Pescado's clock. Otherwise I feel like I am somewhere in the depths of hell. I had that guilt feeling with the Sim Vac, too. I don't ever use it on playable Sims. It just doesn't feel right. I'm a wuss, too. Smiley

How is it going down there Reg? You must be positively baking; stay cool, have an Ice Tea (sweetened ofcourse), and pour some enhancers in it.

G.

It's hot as blazes, but that's nothing new. Fortunately, everything down here is air-conditioned and it's a comfy 72 degrees in my house. But I'll take heat over snow any day. When I can go outside in short sleeves in February you'll all be jealous.  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 21, 02:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can only play Uni with Pescado's clock. Otherwise I feel like I am somewhere in the depths of hell. I had that guilt feeling with the Sim Vac, too. I don't ever use it on playable Sims. It just doesn't feel right. I'm a wuss, too. Smiley
I'll use the SimVac on playable sims, but it's generally a very calculated move that doesn't really involve "guilt" at all, like sucking ASP off a permanently platinum sim (who's effectively immune) to top off another sim before going to work, or doing the low-high skill transfer trick, or other shenanigans like that.

It's hot as blazes, but that's nothing new. Fortunately, everything down here is air-conditioned and it's a comfy 72 degrees in my house. But I'll take heat over snow any day. When I can go outside in short sleeves in February you'll all be jealous.  Wink
Pssh. Snow is good. In a few years when global warming causes everything down south to BURST INTO FLAMES from the sheer heat, up here it'll still be quite tolerable. THEN who's going to be laughing, hrm?!? Besides, what's the value in going out in short sleeves? You can be just as comfy going out in FULL BODY ARMOR, when it's cold, and be better protected, too. You should ALWAYS wear body armor!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 21, 04:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. Snow is good. In a few years when global warming causes everything down south to BURST INTO FLAMES from the sheer heat, up here it'll still be quite tolerable. THEN who's going to be laughing, hrm?!? Besides, what's the value in going out in short sleeves? You can be just as comfy going out in FULL BODY ARMOR, when it's cold, and be better protected, too. You should ALWAYS wear body armor!

Well, if I'm burninated I won't be around to be jealous, now will I?  Wink And we laugh in the face of global warming down here. If global warming is accompanied by lower humidity it's bound to be an improvement.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 21, 07:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you should try the UK then, before you say that Global Warming is accompanied by lower humidity!  That certainly isn't the case here, where it's got hotter and definitely wetter and muggier!  (Oh, and our summers are worse!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 21, 16:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. Snow is good. In a few years when global warming causes everything down south to BURST INTO FLAMES from the sheer heat, up here it'll still be quite tolerable. THEN who's going to be laughing, hrm?!?

Which will finally eradicate the kudzu. And, quite possible, George Bush.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 21, 21:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone in the US actually really and truly vote for him?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 22, 01:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but apparently these people are underrepresented on the Internet.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 22, 02:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my parents did. still puzzling that one out. Huh

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 22, 03:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, does the vac nuke relationship with the victim, or with everyone?

I thought it nukes the user's relationship with everyone, which was the reason I never used it  But if the relationship affected is only with the victim, I might actually consider it now...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 22, 03:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The relations hit actually is fairly minor, only -10/-10. Easily corrected with a quick autosocialize run.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 22, 03:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the UKadians:
Please understand that we USians are well aware that slightly over half of voting Americans are braindamaged, thus our current "leader".  Interesting enough, about 51% of active voters are in the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons).  It supports my theory that if we could just bury people after they retire, we'd have a much happier and smarter country, and no more uncomfortable and boring visits to grandma's.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: