More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:11:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  HOW TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK AND AWESOMEMOD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HOW TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK AND AWESOMEMOD  (Read 198160 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
HOW TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK AND AWESOMEMOD
« on: 2009 December 03, 06:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since so many people have been having problems installing the framework, associated files, and AwesomeMod since the recent patches and expansion pack have come out, this thread should assist you and cut down on the amount of repetitive questions the forum has been receiving.  The framework is available for download from the "Armoire Of Invincibility" thread.

1.  Copy the framework files into both the base game and the expansion directories.  The paths should be something like C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/World Adventures.   Leave the empty files in both locations.

2.  Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Game>Bin folder of both the above directories.  Leave those files in both.

3.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod, unzip it and copy the AwesomeMod file first into The Sims 3 directory.

4.  Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

5.  Try the game to see if it works.  You can tell if AwesomeMod is being recognized by typing Ctrl-Shift-C to bring up the command console and then typing "showconfig".  If it is recognized you will see 4 pages of detail about how your personal copy of AwesomeMod is configured.

6.  If that does not work, then take AwesomeMod out of the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages file and paste it into the World Adventures/Mods/Packages folder.  Cut the Resource.cfg file from The Sims 3 directory and paste it into the World Adventures directory (but again, not in Mods>Packages).

7.  Run the game again and repeat the other instructions in Step 5.

If you are using any sub-folders in your Mods>Packages files, change your Resource.cfg file to read as below:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
« Last Edit: 2009 December 03, 06:47:42 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Don't keep the OLD, Make the NEW: Un- and In-stalling post-Ambitions Mods
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 21, 03:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't write most/all of this. Thanks, MTS and simswiki; I am copying and pasting your initial instructions in the hopes that visiting tards will read THIS and not start new threads. And thanks to anyone else that "walked" me through the new method (GOOGLE is my friend, so I don't know where I found my info).

For the tards:

To UNINSTALL the OLD framework (instructions unabashedly copied):

*  Delete the Resource.cfg file from any of these game paths you have installed:
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\

* Delete the d3dx9_31.dll file from any of these game paths you have installed:
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\Game\Bin\

* Move to Desktop or Delete the \Mods\Packages\ folders from any of these game paths you have installed:
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
          o C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 <EP or SP name>\

If you have a shit-ton of CC, move it to your desktop and continue.

To "INSTALL" the new method, do this (instructions made from my own memory through someone else's instructions):

Go to Start>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3

Right-click and make a new folder called "Mods". Within that folder, right-click and create a new "Packages" folder.

Download Resource.cfg. Here.

Put this Resource.cfg in the Mods folder (NOT the Packages folder).

Put your CC crap in the Mods>Packages folder.

The OLD Resource.cfg will not work in the new location, because it's checking for shit it shouldn't, so download the new one (link provided). You should be able to make sub-folders within your Packages folder, up to 3 or 4 (?) steps.

No, you do NOT have to keep any of the old Framework to make everything work post-Ambitions. If your CC and mods don't work, they aren't compatible or they aren't updated...or you just fucked up.

If that doesn't make sense, God help you, and go away.

If this has been adequately covered in tard terms at MATY, I haven't seen it, so God help me.

ETA: FWIW, I realize this could have gone in another section, but the people that most likely NEED these instructions will head here first.

Pictures (Thank you, Simius).
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 03:26:17 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Don't keep the OLD, Make the NEW: Un- and In-stalling post-Ambitions Mods
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 21, 07:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should replace the current 'framework-for-tards' sticky. It's old-school now.
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 21, 18:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the lazy d3dx9_31.dll is perfectly safe to keep in the bin folders, it causes no trouble. (it is just redundant).
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 21, 18:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, for the truly lazy, copypasta the .dll into the Ambitions/game/bin and leave everything else in Ye Olde Place.

Framework and Mods stay in base game file, .dll gets copied into EP/SP game/bins.  I start the game from the base game shortcut which points to the .exe, not the launcher.  AM insures I do not need a disc to play and this also serves as my test to see if everything is working (correctly or otherwise) after I patch or install an expansion.

Never have I once had a problem.  I see no reason to change.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: