More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:30:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When do they whine?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When do they whine?  (Read 14874 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: When do they whine?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 01, 21:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in one of my games, Lilith was left alone after Mary-Sue and Daniel Broke up, Daniel was thrown out, Mary-Sue left, Angela had been burned to death trying to make crepes suzettes (I'd forgotten to put an alarm in) and Lilith was so depressed she ran away.  The police brought her back to an empty house!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 01, 21:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

roflmao!  here, read this story

burning twins and a new sim addict
http://tinyurl.com/9b3md

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 01, 22:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's one way of persuading your friend to join the simming community!  But a very dramatic tale, even so!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 01, 22:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive tried to reproduce it to take pictures but they keep putting the cooking pot first and then going into labor.

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 01, 22:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never let my sims near a stove when they're that close to delivering!  I don't think my elderly heart could stand up to the suspense!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 01, 22:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it great that they will save babies and toddlers when a fire breaks out.  First time I saw that was with Brandi Broke's kid -- I forgot to put a fire alarm in, and the (I'm pretty sure) toddler was in the living room playing.  Beau and Dustin were freaking out, but Brandi immediately ran over, picked up the kid and ran outside.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 01, 22:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not "great" at all, it's a good way to needlessly be killed, because babies are fireproof and there is no point to trying to save them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 01, 23:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not "great" at all, it's a good way to needlessly be killed, because babies are fireproof and there is no point to trying to save them.

Well, it's great for us normal folks to see. Smiley  Besides, can't toddlers be killed?  I know babies can't, but I seem to recall that a toddler can burn or drown.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 01, 23:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers cannot be normally killed by fires or drowning, since they are flame-retardant and cannot be killed by pools, but it is possible to attempt to kill a toddler by other means and cause it to be attributed to the fire as a result. This generally requires the use of cheats, however.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 01, 23:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read of one being killled by satellite.

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 01, 23:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did it look through the tele?

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 01, 23:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously not, I just remember something about it, though.  Maybe it was just stargazing!!!!!! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 02, 00:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well you never know, remember all the babies to chat with?   that reminds me, they really need to be able to select an age channel for chatting.  i have single sims online to find dates but all their friends are twelve years old, and you cant even tell at that stage...

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 02, 00:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish they'd (a) put last names and (b) allow you to block townies and dormies and professors and such!  It's 3am, your student sim is lonely, and tries to chat with someone from home, and all she gets is a bunch of strangers!  (I know email is more efficient at filling the bars up, but somehow I think chatting online with a family member is more natural!)

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 02, 00:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i seems like you can only get 2 or 3 relationship points that way which is silly.  i have lots of good friends ive met online.   and the decay rate,  you dont talk toyour family for a week and they forget you?

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 02, 00:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The decay rate somehow is worse for family than friends, which is really stupid - you have your popularity sim phone his friends on autoyak every evening, and yet he can be 100/100 with his friend when he's finished, and only 100/95 with his mother!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 02, 00:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had just put in a relationship decay slowdown hack when i had to pull everything out and upgrade for ofb.   at first i thought a bunch of hacks were workng but the businesses wouldnt run in visit mode.  now im down to just insiminator, pescado twojeffs and crammyboy, simlogical and merola.  i need to get back to testing but ive been having too much fun with a whole new group of people to annoy here. <evil grin>

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 02, 00:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use Gnomon's flamingos in the base game and they were really great, but they don't work properly now - the only one that still seems ok is the set that keep their motives up, and I have to admit I still use the flamingo of contentment, just so they don't get exhausted half-way through the day!  But TJ's electro - energy statue is good on comm lots.

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 02, 00:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dont know whats wrong!  for the very first time ( since ofb ) some of pescado's and twojeffs hacks arent working!   i mean i got the upgraded versions...  the static energy statue hack doesnt work, and neighter does the inseminator static energy thing!    maybe its time to test merola's time control clock with comm lots.  is anyone else having trouble with only maty, merola, simlogical and insiminator hacks loaded?

Life is tough.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 02, 01:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't use Insim and the static energy statue worked fine when I put it into a business lot.  And most of Inge's still work, but you shouldn't try using her doors

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 02, 01:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The decay rate somehow is worse for family than friends, which is really stupid - you have your popularity sim phone his friends on autoyak every evening, and yet he can be 100/100 with his friend when he's finished, and only 100/95 with his mother!
I think you need "enemiesaccumulate" from the Director's Cut.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 02, 01:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want enemies - my sims make enough of them already!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 02, 02:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't want enemies - my sims make enough of them already!
Yeah, but since the original build, I added some other tweaks, such as a relational decay that doesn't end up consuming 15 hours a day to resolve. For instance, it makes it so only ~10, randomly selected, best friends per day will decay off, so it doesn't become a boring daily exercise of having to drive to a community lot just to have enough time to call them all.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 02, 02:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds reasonable - but do their enemies stay enemies for a bit longer?  I find it rather ridiculous, I had an incident at a grad party where Lauren Carpenter's best mate Trixie Tanner suddenly decided to leap into Lauren's fiance's arms, and having had a dust-up in the middle of his party, (which she lost) within five sim minutes all she wants to do is to talk to Trixie.  Jake, the poor fiance, whose only crime was to catch Trixie (who was his friend too, obviously, since it was his party) she stalked for days, turning up at his house in Pleasantview in the middle of the night.  But in a couple of days she was all ready to want to be best friends with Trixie again!  And guess which one had to keep apologizing to get his relationship back up with her?

Anyway, I'll stick it in and see what happens!  It'll be interesting to see what happens!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 June 02, 03:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh...I think you might also need the Romance Mod, if your sims are inappropriately leaping on each other.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: