More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 12:38:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How many times can a Knowledge sim Woohoo?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How many times can a Knowledge sim Woohoo?  (Read 30416 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: How many times can a Knowledge sim Woohoo?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 02, 12:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that was the problem, it spawned another one in his place.  At least now with TwoJeffs' hack, my sims don't meet the professors anymore, like you say.  Who is the SS professor?  I know I have professors that show up uninvited.  I set TJ's zapper to ban all professors.  The sim who comes in the limo to induct your sim into the secret society is actually a cop.  If you make them selectable, you can see their icon with their police uniform on, and the three that do it are the same ones as the regular cop NPCs.  I've seen all three of them, before I got another of TJ's useful hacks, no more secret abductions.  Cheesy
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 02, 12:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider profs quite important. I like my sims to woo hoo thr uni.  Tongue and get ahem rewarded for it.

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 02, 13:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on what game your playing what the prof is called, but, basically, there are 22 working profs, 2 for each discipline, and 1 odd one - if you check in SimPE you'll see he has the Secret Society token.  And sometimes when your sim goes to the SS house, he or she is there too.

Oh, and I think making a friend of him makes it more likely your sim will get abducted.

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 02, 23:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just assumed they want to learn about sex as much as anything else. 

That was what I was going to say!  I just figured they wanted to learn everything there was to know about it!

It seems like my elders want to woohoo in bed repeatedly.  They do it and it immediately spins up again.  And it's usually the knowledge elders who do this!  And not the YAs or adults!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 02, 23:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and she's a family sim and her wants are more like pleasure/popularity!  It's really all very odd!

I've got a few family sims like that at the moment!  They've lost the 'have a baby', 'have 10 kids' wants (they're still in childbearing years!) and constantly want to make friends with the neighbours!

<insert witty comment here>
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 02, 23:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remarked a while ago on the stuck woohoo issue with knowledge Sims.  The whole thing got me wondering whether some of the programmers at EA have modded a secret skill box for woohoo: not all woohoos are animated the same: some are like flat bottles of Coke while others have Sims singing from the rafters.   I can't help thinking that Knowledge Sims just want to improve at this hidden skill. Grin

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 03, 00:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why not, I ask myself!  Even though Max has calmed down a bit now, he seems to spin the want at least once a day!

However, unlike my romance Sims, he has NEVER spun the want to woohoo with his fiancee, except as a separate culmination of a series of flirt/hug/kiss/makeout actions, usually initiated by her, because, of course, she go tthose wants.  Hardly ever now, though, she's totally hung up on influencing people!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 03, 01:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remarked a while ago on the stuck woohoo issue with knowledge Sims.  The whole thing got me wondering whether some of the programmers at EA have modded a secret skill box for woohoo: not all woohoos are animated the same: some are like flat bottles of Coke while others have Sims singing from the rafters.   I can't help thinking that Knowledge Sims just want to improve at this hidden skill. Grin

same thoughts as me

Your knowledge sim is  simply more interested in other diverse interests such as the gymnastics of the body and the mysteries of fireworks woo hoo. (from my above post).

I really like this thread. some interesting sane discussion this is Tongue

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 03, 03:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Max can woohoo as much as he wants, so long as he also gets the skill points he needs to become a Mad Scientist!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 03, 03:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a thought.  Have you tried having them check each other out?  That's will cause their wants to reroll.  They should then have some wants about each other, to talk, dance, tell joke, etc.  Once you start filling those, it should get the ball rolling toward mutual makeout and woohoo wants.  After that, maybe they'll get some different wants.  It's worth a try, I think.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 03, 04:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow, I'll give that a try!  (I've just gone ahead and moved My Docs to my E Drive, so I now have to hope I can still load my game, LOL!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 03, 04:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you'll have a problem.  Windows updates all the registry pointers when you use that Move button, so the Sims will never know the difference. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 03, 04:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have a problem finding, it so, hopefully, you're right!

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 03, 05:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well - what is this that shows up in SimPE under skills? I thought there was a romance skill?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 03, 06:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims gain that through practicing "Romance" in the mirror instead of practicing speech.  It's funny to watch, but no one really knows what advantage it has.  It would be a good question to ask Pescado.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 03, 09:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I should get Max to improve his charisma - that may be what he's really dropping hints about!  ROFL!

Well, I loaded the game, and it works fine with MyDocs on the E Drive.  However, I didn't get anything from the Check sim Out interaction - which incidentally has never worked properly in my game, the sims concerned just jump out of the action, and no wants roll at all!  Since it didn't work before I put any of my downloads back after I installed NL, I just assumed that the interaction was faulty!  Maybe I should try the second patch.....
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 09:55:43 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 03, 10:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, that sounds like a good sim for Trey's Woohoo Challenge.

A proud thread pirate.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 03, 11:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims gain that through practicing "Romance" in the mirror instead of practicing speech.  It's funny to watch, but no one really knows what advantage it has.  It would be a good question to ask Pescado.
I always wondered why there were 2 different interactions on the mirror.  So please ask..

I have base game only (until OFB arrives) and I had a look in simPE to see if these romance bars were there for my Sims. The bars were there, but all set at zero even for Sims I'm pretty sure practised Romance instead of Speeches.

practice is a noun and practise a verb in UK English - is there only one spelling in the US?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 03, 12:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no romance skill. It's a leftover vestigial thing that is unused. Sims do not actually gain skill in it by practicing romance, and messing with it in SimPE is a bad idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 03, 13:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for answering, JM.  That answers a question I've wondered about for a long time.

cwykes:  I've never heard of the word "practise."  Practice can be used as a noun or a verb.  The meaning is generally understood through the context.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 03, 15:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like a lot of verbs and nouns which are formed from them - in the US they are spelled the same, in the UK there is a distinction in the spelling.  Since standard US spelling and grammar relates directly back to the 17th and 18th centuries, and developed independently of the UK, this is probably why these kind of anomalies occur - you'd probably find that one spelling was prevalent in both countries way back then.  And until Dr. Johnson wrote his famous dictionary, there was really no standard spelling, which is, for example, why so many surnames have so many different spellings for the same name.  If you didn't like the way your father spelled the family name, you could simply change it!  Nowadays to change Smith to Smyth or Smythe requires you to take positive action and spend money!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 03, 18:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow your comment has made me twitch!  I'm sorry everyone, I just have to type this:-  UK English: I have driving lessons every Thursday.  This week I will be practising reverse parking.  In the US do you write 'practicing' ? Shocked

happy now :-)
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 03, 18:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We sure do.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 03, 19:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  We have Choir Practice every Wednesday where we practice the songs we will sing on Sunday.  We will be practicing for our Easter production on Saturday, and we have practice CDs for us to practice our parts at home.  We can be practicing while driving!  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 03, 19:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it certainly makes learning to spell a lot less troublesome!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: