More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims 1 for Sims 2
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 1 for Sims 2  (Read 43483 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Sims 1 for Sims 2
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 21, 06:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought it was knowledge, their wants seem to shift to be what they need, like if they need a cooking point then the their wants will show him wanting that.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 21, 08:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's Fortune sims who always want the skills they need for their jobs, Knowledge is random, they may need cleaning skills, but they are hooked on logic, so that's what they focus on!  And if they have teenagers, they fill up their want slots wanting their kids to get scholarships.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 21, 19:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never able to get the gnomes to come to life.  But I didn't really try either.  And on the subject of farms, if the new survery is to be taken at face value, then the EP after OFB will have to do with farms.
What survey? Is it up now, or did I miss it while away from the internet? Are there details about it posted anywhere? I would love a farm one! Means gardening! Maybe even pets.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 21, 19:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was never able to get the gnomes to come to life.  But I didn't really try either.  And on the subject of farms, if the new survery is to be taken at face value, then the EP after OFB will have to do with farms.

Ack, don't get my hopes up! I've already had visions of Harvest Moon neighborhoods dancing in my head...  Cheesy

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 21, 21:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'd really like to see, and haven't so far been able to find, is Sims2 versions of some of the hair from Sims1. Specifically, the one with the black hair and blond streaks and sunglasses. 'twas an original Sims head, no expansion, and I'd kind of like to get ahold of a sims2 version of the hair so I can recreate a sim that used that head.

Yeah, there was a lot more variety for sims 1, but that was mostly because there were like 8 expansions. If you compare just the base games to each other, Sims2 probably shipped with more stuff.
Nick
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 21, 21:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I still want some TS1 objects that aren't in TS2

God, I miss the teleporting stairs and the cage dancing and the cake where you could hire a person to jump out a do a show

You either got the regular(one that your sims were very attracted to) woman or man your sims ordered, or the ugly one(gorilla or something) sometimes

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 21, 21:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FLC - go to "modthesims2"  search for Targa's Elevators.  They teleport almost exactly like the ones in Sims 1.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 22, 03:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a complete set of remakes of Sims1 walls over at MTS2, but when I checked them they looked to be much poorer quality than those I've got from other sites.

From what Heather at SF told me, it's quite difficult to use a Sims1 Wall to create one for Sims 2 unless you have the original ;icture you created the Sims1 wall from, and I know that Ptekgirl (Juniper sun) had to do all her remakes twice to get them so she was satisfied with them.  So it seems it's far harder to make a Sims1 wall into a good Sims2 wall, than just to create new ones.  Anyway, I'll load them into a test hood and check them out, and I'll make a collection of all those that seem ok and get back to you.  No-one seems to have done the floors, though, and I'd have thought they were easier as the templates are the same shape - I think the wall templates must be wider, as all the patterned walls appear to be stretched horizonatlly.

Zephyr Zodiac
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 22, 04:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ceiling fan - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85216
Hanging Candleabra - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=122690 (not a sims 1 remake but hanging candleabras nonetheless)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 22, 04:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, myskaal, I found them.  I have a lot of meshkiste's things, but I must have missed the candleabra, or perhaps it's appeared since I was there.

Heather has a nice set of candleabra at SF2, but of course, they aren't free.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 22, 06:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a complete set of remakes of Sims1 walls over at MTS2, but when I checked them they looked to be much poorer quality than those I've got from other sites.

From what Heather at SF told me, it's quite difficult to use a Sims1 Wall to create one for Sims 2 unless you have the original ;icture you created the Sims1 wall from, and I know that Ptekgirl (Juniper sun) had to do all her remakes twice to get them so she was satisfied with them.  So it seems it's far harder to make a Sims1 wall into a good Sims2 wall, than just to create new ones.  Anyway, I'll load them into a test hood and check them out, and I'll make a collection of all those that seem ok and get back to you.  No-one seems to have done the floors, though, and I'd have thought they were easier as the templates are the same shape - I think the wall templates must be wider, as all the patterned walls appear to be stretched horizonatlly.
Well, if you yourself created some floors you could easily remake them. However there is no way to extract the original square bitmaps from the game, they could only be pulled off of a sideways diamond shaped screenshot. Rather difficult to reshape and smooth the pixels in Adobe. At least that's what I found when I did the tons of walls and floors that I linked to way at the top of this thread. I admit though, some of them I had to recreate, and some of them I could never get to look fully the way I wanted to.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 22, 17:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, if they are your walls, I apologize for sounding critical, I realise why they are so difficult to remake without the original picture/pattern etc. that was used to make them.  People have asked Heather at SimFreaks to remake some of her SF1 walls, and she said the results wouldn't be very good as she didn't have the pics that she used to make the originals any more.

I haven't tried them in game yet, and I expect they will actually look far better in game than they do in the images I got with the clean installer.

Again, I apologize, I certainly didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 January 23, 01:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, those aren't my walls at mts2, mine are at tsr. I wasn't offended, even if you did critisize mine that's okay 'cause so do I. Just sayin' I didn't think you noticed at the top where I linked to them, especially since you said no one had done floors. My partner and I did a ton of floors, almost all of them. I think she never finished the MM walls and floors she was going to do, I'll do them later (along with touch ups) when I get a graphics program (again, lost mine) this summer.

Edited to add ~
Oh, and my original offer still stands, if you see walls and floors I want I will redownload them and upload them to a web page somewhere.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 January 23, 03:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going to have a look at yours now, but if they're at TSR I won't be able to get them!  My sub lapsed a few months back and I can't afford to renew it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 January 24, 18:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GARDENING!!! by Echo EchoEcho...
(and NO rabbits!  Grin)

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 January 24, 18:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy And no gophers either! Well, unless we can use that NL flame thrower thingy to burninate them. Then we'll have crispy critters. Grin
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 January 24, 20:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's absofrikin' lutley great!!!  I'm sooo excited!

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 January 24, 21:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site's really noice. 

I just thought of another thing I loved about TS1 - having your sims go fishing or scavanger hunting.  My sims were never very lucky though and I got stacks and stacks of old boots but they seemed to enjoy themselves.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 January 24, 21:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, best thing about Vacation, IMO, was Sims' being able to bring home those kitzchy prizes. They were ugly, but it was cool...it was STUFF! And the souvenir cabinets were rather nice, especially the tacky peacock style. Everybody needs a wooden acorn and eight scummy boots on a peacock cabinet in their living room.  Grin

Whelp, there went my other lips.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 January 25, 02:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hairfish, it seems that I keep following you around this board today.  I'm sorry, I'm not a stalker, really.   Wink

Anyway, I ldidn't like Vacation at all, but the fishing was cool.  I tried to make a lake and put a fishing pier on a residential lot, but it didn't work out.  Too new to go reading forums and finding out what I could and couldn't do.  LOL
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 January 25, 03:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, best thing about Vacation, IMO, was Sims' being able to bring home those kitzchy prizes. They were ugly, but it was cool...it was STUFF! And the souvenir cabinets were rather nice, especially the tacky peacock style. Everybody needs a wooden acorn and eight scummy boots on a peacock cabinet in their living room.  Grin
I loved the souveneirs in Vacation! Treasure hunting was a blast.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 January 25, 10:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always got the Ceramic Chicken Cookie Jar with my reward points & then the penguin.  It was ugly but there was just something about it...
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2006 January 25, 13:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the curvy modern dresser from Makin' Magic, the spiral stairs, and the "floating" stairs. I miss all the cool spa items too, esp Parsimonious' funky ethnic recolors.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 February 10, 19:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, I know. Necromancy is bad. But I the meshes that I mentioned earlier in this thread by toddfx are free right now at tsr. (The expensive stereo and cheap black and white tv from sims 1) If anyone's interested you can download them here:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Toddfx/downloads/free/sims2/meshes

(You have to log in first.)

Be your own fish.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 February 10, 20:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Wishy Washy!  Glad I saw them in time!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: