More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:25:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims 1 for Sims 2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 1 for Sims 2  (Read 43202 times)
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Sims 1 for Sims 2
« on: 2006 January 19, 01:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just reading through some of the older posts and came across "When was the last time you played Sims 1"?  Reading those posts reminded me of some of the cool things they used to have, e.g. the real fish and frogs in the pond, the medievil dunny, and my all-time favourite; the Pokie Machine.  My question; does anyone know whether any of the Sims 1 objects have been remade for the Sims 2, and if there have, could you provide details.  My thanks.   

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Nick
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Sims 1 for Sims 2
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 19, 01:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think so. Maybe some were remade, and I missed it. Undecided

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 19, 02:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never played Sims 1.
I think I'm spoiled by Sims 2, because I find sims 1 so absurdly ugly that I don't see why anyone would ever want to play it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 19, 03:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, no objects that I know of, but it seems that someone somewhere along with someone else worked to at least get some walls and floors done. I was going to do some objects, but, um, some majorly life changing personal stuff got in the way. Sorry to say that I don't even have my copies of the walls and floors anymore, or I would offer them to you on a non paysite, I might download them all some weekend soon and put them up, if you want me to.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 19, 04:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so miss the bottling table from sims 1 - and how useful for family sims who want to stay home and earn money!  And I do disagree about sims1, there were some really nice objects, such as the grand pianos, some of the build stuff from Unleashed, the cafe tables and chairs etc. need I go on?

I've got several Sims 1 remakes of various walls and floors.  I'll see if I can find them.

Well, I've found a dozen, and they're all ones I use a lot, so I know they all look good in game.

« Last Edit: 2006 January 19, 04:36:44 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 19, 04:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you're really, really, REALLY craving Sims 1...check out the Sims 1 lots here: http://simslice.com/thesims2/ts2lots.htm

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 19, 05:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddfx at tsr has a few objects from sims 1 made for sims 2, if I remember correctly. The expensive stereo (with the weird looking, upright speakers), the really cheap black and white TV, and those giant speakers that came with house party. Just wait until they're free, and download them. Usually, if you're vigilant you'll catch them.

Be your own fish.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 19, 06:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elf, thanks a lot for the link (I have an account there, but didn't visit lately)!

Now I can play my favorite nostalgic families again. Real happiness...Smiley. I really miss the Newbies and the Goths, as they were in Sims 1.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 19, 12:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the ideas and messages,  I really appreciate them.  I will do some surfing, (skating my husband would say, not PC compatible), and see what I can dredge up.  If anyone is interested I'll let you know if I find anything...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 19, 12:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the real Michael Bachelor!  Libra, lazy and oriental-looking!  Funnily enough, I also miss the Mashugas!

And I really miss Elton(?) and Mama Hick!  I used to love turning Elton into a Star!

Zephyr Zodiac
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 19, 12:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tennis court and the cheesy hawaiian decor, walls, bar, tv...ah those were the days.  You know, I only played Sims 1 for about a month (Only bought computer last year) and then my friend told me about Sims 2.  The rest is history.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 19, 13:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you're really, really, REALLY craving Sims 1...check out the Sims 1 lots here: http://simslice.com/thesims2/ts2lots.htm

I love the houses, but I'll have to save my pennies if I'm to subscribe for them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 19, 13:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen Sims 1 lots re-done for Sims 2 on Mod the Sims 2. Mostly community lots, if I remember correctly.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 19, 20:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gali and ZephyrZodiac,

You're welcome. Thank you for all the help you (and everyone else, too-- don't feel left out) has given me the last few months while I've been lurking in the shadows.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 19, 20:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the "preachers pulpit"  it was so funny.   I miss the sims getting booed by other sims when they did not have any charisma points.   I miss the "dial-a-slap" too,   very funny.    Grin
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 19, 23:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally I get really nostalgic for some of the sims1 stuff. Things I especially miss: that lime green sofa, the basketball hoop, gnome-building bench, vegetable garden, that ugly orange chair, this sort of tacky decor, the genie, spiral staircases, and the couch, chair, and round endtable in this picture. Well, among lots of other things. I want my new sims to have all of these snazzy-but-tacky objects, too. If I had a 3-d program thingy I'd try recreating them, but I don't. So yeah.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 20, 00:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I played with the Goth-Sims-1 family - all went quite well, except the tombs in the yard: I coudn't touch them, and couldn't order Mortie and Bella to mourn. So I moved them to a new house. But it was pleasure to play the little Cassie again...Smiley.

I am going now to play the Newbies - they already befriended the Goths at the community lot. He he, I am going to make a new Brandy Newbie...Smiley.
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 20, 00:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the spiral stairs the most.  I really, really liked those.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 20, 00:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree cheriem

I liked the fact that they took up much less room than the stairs that are available do now and as a consequence most of my houses are one story only.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 20, 00:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and round endtable in this picture.

I have that, and the pale yellow wicker end table, and the dark little Mission end table. Someone else made them, I just downloaded them. I'll have to start up my game to find out who, though.

Unfortunately, those are the only Sims1 remakes I know of. I miss a lot of the Unleashed furniture, too.

[edit] They're by Ogula at Savage Sims, in the Free area. Look around that site, you may find other Sims1 objects remade. They're very well done, except that the catalog description still shows that of the "Crazy 8" table used as a base.
http://www.savagesims.com/index.php
« Last Edit: 2006 January 20, 01:08:24 by Hairfish » Logged
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 20, 01:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[edit] They're by Ogula at Savage Sims, in the Free area. Look around that site, you may find other Sims1 objects remade. They're very well done, except that the catalog description still shows that of the "Crazy 8" table used as a base.
http://www.savagesims.com/index.php

Oh, that's beyond cool. I had completely forgotten about the light wood modern endtable, even though that one used to be my favorite! Thanks for the link.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 20, 03:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good news???  Max3d has re-created the Wavy counters, (I loved them) and a few other items at MTS2.  Go to Buy mode, By function, Surfaces and search for Max3D.  Hope this helps any Sims 1 nostalgia buffs...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 20, 03:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Flowerchile, but there are any number of sites with that name - which one did you mean?

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 20, 03:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss playful people teasing with puppets, and if the other person was playful, they would laugh and pull out their own puppet and put on a show. And gift giving. Gardening. Baking bread. The cooking is cooler, but it's not as satisfying to buy "food units" and then making whatever with them. I liked buying sugar and butter and baking mix, and if I forgot carrots I couldn't make carrot cake, just bread and elderberry pie.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 20, 03:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com, that's the only one I know of.  And Cheriem, the same site has spiral stairs, named the  HalfBloodPrince spiral staircase.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: