More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 23:42:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis wants pregnant sims to waste away?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis wants pregnant sims to waste away?  (Read 43763 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Maxis wants pregnant sims to waste away?
« on: 2006 January 14, 08:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a serious problem with a pregnant Cassandra Goth the other night. Both her energy and hunger were getting low, so I tried to make her drink some espresso to get her energy up so that she could then eat something. But apparently her energy was too low even for that, because she kept putting the cup down only after one or two sips. Then I tried to sit her at a table to eat, but after each bite she kept falling face first into the plate and start sleeping, with her hunger bar getting lower and lower all the time. It seemed, the hunger was going down faster than she could eat. Finally I got her up, and at that point she just fell down on the floor asleep. I let her sleep to let her energy go up enough to walk upstairs to a bedroom and then wait until her energy was high enough to stay awake while eating.

I'm saying the new addition of falling asleep while eating can be very dangerous in cases like there, when a sim is both very tired and hungry. Certainly quite annoying when it happened ten times in a row. The guide says something like "when a sim is very tired, there is a random chance they will fall asleep in their food". Well, we all know Maxis "random". The kind of random that happens ten times in a row  Cheesy.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Maxis wants pregnant sims to waste away?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 14, 08:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that random feature seems to be broken (surprise, surprise  Roll Eyes), because it used to be that my Sim could be in orange, but still eat enough, and then go to bed.  Not so anymore.  Stupid Maxis.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 14, 08:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had issues with the too tired to eat, to hungry to sleep thing.  Freakin annoying. Even more so now with the fall asleep in your plate feature.  I wonder if any modders can tackle that whole issue of sims sleeping in their food.

What I usually do when this happens with my pregnant sims is put the game in fast forward and continue to cancel out the pass out in food action until they get enough bites that they aren't going to kill over and then send them to bed.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 14, 09:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an emergency such as that, I just "maxmotives".   It's a cheat I know, but it's better than having the mum and baby die.   I don't like the falling asleep in food thing either, it's a gimmick and it kicks in earlier than normal energy failure just to make sure it happens.   Like most of the novel gimmicks, they get annoying after a while and need hacking out.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 14, 09:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get them to eat cookies or chips instead, they don't fall asleep at the table with them Smiley

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 14, 09:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an emergency such as that, I just "maxmotives".   It's a cheat I know, but it's better than having the mum and baby die.   I don't like the falling asleep in food thing either, it's a gimmick and it kicks in earlier than normal energy failure just to make sure it happens.   Like most of the novel gimmicks, they get annoying after a while and need hacking out.

Exellent advise, Inge - just what I thought: why torture the sim? Max all motives, and then take care to keep his/her schedule right. The simulator  shows you, that you don't keep the pregnant sim in the right schedule, that's why you get motives failure. The pregnant sim has to eat each 2 hours, and rest or nap after that. When I played without cheats, that was my schedule.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 14, 09:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get them to eat cookies or chips instead, they don't fall asleep at the table with them Smiley

Mine have the habit of taking a few bites of snacks which is barely enough to make an impact on the hunger meter...setting them down and then passing out Sad
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 14, 09:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww-well there is always the energiser if the aspiration score is high enough Smiley

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 14, 10:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have to resort to the max motives cheat if this keeps happening, but I'm really trying to avoid any mood or relationship cheats. I like a challenge, but keeping pregnant sims alive is getting a bit too challenging now, though  Cheesy. I guess I should just make sure they are not hungry by the the time they get tired, but I wasn't paying enough attention to Cassandra when there was other stuff going on in the house.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 14, 11:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing with a pregnant Kaylynn last night. Even caffeinating didn't work, as she was drinking the coffee, her energy was going up (slowly) and her tiredness was making the energy go down. I watched the bar jerking around for a while but it didn't work, she couldn't get enough energy to eat that way.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 14, 11:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably even less likely to suit you, but there is also the possibility of giving the pregnant mother the PY2Plant and keeping her hunger maxed - leaving everyone else and all other motives untouched.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 14, 11:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I remember when I had a problem like that.   Undecided The poor pregnant women was all in the red since she had four kids, and three were toddlers and her mother-in-law had just died, so it was her and her husband with their four kids, anyway, she ended up being very in the red. I got her some snacks, but she kept passing out. I confined her to the bedroom, and put a mini-fridge in there. When she was a little bit happier in the hunger and energy department, I tried to get her on a date with her husband.

Anyway, to keep a long story short, she ended up peeing herself. Which pushed the date into insta-horrible zone which caused the date to end and deplete her moods...her husband had to plead for her :-p

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 14, 12:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a flamingo of contentment on every lot!  So I never even noticed Maxis had made it even worse for pregnant soms!  And I don't feel at that level it's all that much of a cheat - it's just making the game a bit more sensible!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 14, 12:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'all just suck at this and make up excuses to justify having to cheat. The pure and simple answer is that you suck. Besides, sometimes sims are supposed to die.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 14, 12:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But not ALL of them!  At once!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 14, 12:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Y'all just suck at this and make up excuses to justify having to cheat. The pure and simple answer is that you suck. Besides, sometimes sims are supposed to die.

Well, I haven't cheated yet... Roll Eyes But one of these days I wish one of my sims would die by accident. Just for something new, y'know. Yeah, and we know we all suck. We can't all be as awesome as you Pescado  Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 14, 12:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is my game and I play it the way it suits me - as I'm sure everyone else plays to suit them!

And where exactly does a hack stop being a hack and start being a cheat?  If you want to be utterly pedantic, you could argue that anything  that alters the play as supplied by Maxis is a form of cheating!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 14, 12:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play the sims, my sims play me!  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 14, 12:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is my game and I play it the way it suits me - as I'm sure everyone else plays to suit them!
Which is supposed to stop me from pointing and laughing at you, why?

And where exactly does a hack stop being a hack and start being a cheat?  If you want to be utterly pedantic, you could argue that anything  that alters the play as supplied by Maxis is a form of cheating!
Technically, the game doesn't play as supplied by Maxis. It's kind of, you know, broken. See "Critical Fixes".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 14, 13:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for a long time without any critical fixes, or any other hacks of any description.

And JM, don't tell me you PLAY your game - you RULE your sims with a rod of iron!  No doubt you rip their lips if they dare to answer you back! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 14, 13:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 14, 13:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I already admitted I should have been paying better attention to Cassandra before letting things get so bad, but regardless of that, it's very annoying to have your sim fall asleep in their food repeatedly. So, yes, I sucked for letting her go hungry and tired for so long. Even the best of us slip sometimes  Wink.

I generally use hacks that either fix problems or serious annoyances in the game. I don't use anything that makes the game easier, unless you consider sims spending less time looking for an empty surface for a coffee cup cheating. Using anything that maximizes their mood, skills or relationships doesn't appeal to me. I don't even like the built-in "Maxis cheat objects" that make their mood better or help them learn skills faster. No Smart Milk for my toddlers. If anything, I want to make it more challenging, like using the "no 20k handout" hack. Nothing like Mary-Sue Pleasant moving out with a whopping 600 simoleans.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 14, 13:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am a sucky cheater.  I play like Gali a lot.  Testing cheats on and I'm always dragging their motive bars back up.  I like the interactions.  I don't play the game to make it hard.  If I want a Challenge, I"ll go play King Kong or something.  That is a cwieberdink sort of sucky wimpy way to play and why I will NEVER be able to steal Blue's thunder.   Wink

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 14, 14:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike generous Gali, I don't cheat to make my Sims' lives easier, I do it for me.  For example, if I want to see what happens when this sim and that sim get in the hot tub together, and one of them keeps getting out because their hygeine is low or something, then I cheat him green so I can play the aspect of the game I wanted to play at the time.   When I first get each EP then I do play the challenges as designed at least a couple of times, after that I freewheel.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 14, 14:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that since NL they'll go forever without eating, especially if they have a 3-bolt relationship, because of course we all know it's far more important to have endless pillow-fights with one's true love than eat or anything trivial like that.  With pregnant Sims I have a problem because once their hunger bar gets about halfway down, the Inteen miscarriage risk kicks in, which means I have to constantly force them to eat and they have very little time to do much else.  

As for this problem with the coffee, I've noticed this too and I wondered if something wasn't working properly.  It only seems to happen with the espresso as far as I can see.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: