More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:54:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (10/25/06)  (Read 255017 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: AutoYakYak Macro Phone Caller (07/31/05)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 11, 07:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known effect of what happens if you install the phone hack while somebody is on the phone. Make sure people in all saved lots are not on the phone before installing phone-mods of any kind.

Thank you. Reinstalled it with no one on the phone and it works fine now.  Smiley
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 11, 17:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. Are you SURE you're not using the WRONG version? The "new family option" is a part of the AutoYak, not the Phone Hack. Make sure you're not using the wrong Phone Hack, like Phonehack Old.

It's not the old version. And I redownloaded. But, now the autoyak features work with the phonehack out (before they wouldn't), but putting the phonehack in tends to break everything but invite. Oh well, I appreciate your suggestions; I'll just live without the phonehack.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 11, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll look into this to see if I can reproduce the results, but this is a mystery. You say they just stand there? Get them to stand there, and while they're doing it, force an error on them and send the log.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 12, 19:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I have the old version,but I wanted to tell you how awesome this hack is.  All my sims are at max relations with all their friends all the time.  I used to go to sim pe to max their relations before they go to uni cause they would lose their friends.  Now, I give everyone a cell phone and have them all call friends together every night- it works great.  This and the Macro Socializer are my new favs.  Keep up the great work- we really appreciate it.  You and other hackers, made this game the most awesome game ever!!!  I was playing with someone elses game(to give them the ropes) and I know now that I will never want to play this game without hacks again.  Oh, did I say thanx!!!!!!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 26, 05:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family that I started in CAS with the mother, father, and two toddlers.  The toddlers are now grown and graduated from college, and the family has several more children, some in college and some still at home.  The first two children now are married and each has a child.  So these would be the CAS mother and father's granchildren.  But when I use the Call Family option on their cell phones, neither has the option to call the one grandchild, and only the father has the option to call the other grandchild.  Why doesn't it recognizing the grandchildren as family?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 26, 07:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they not home? People who are not home do not appear on the list.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 26, 07:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have been able to call them when the children are supposed to be in school.  But this time I had them both try to call at the same time, but not actually place the call, and the girl was in the father's panel but not the mother.  I believe it was in the afternoon after 3 pm because their other kids were home.  I will check it again.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 16, 09:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This works great with NL, except for one very minor issue.  The Call...Friends shows up as Groups...Manage Groups when you look at the icon in the queue.  It functions just fine, only the name of the action in the queue is incorrect.

Karen
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 22, 21:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hardly dare post here...  but
Kitiara - for clarity's sake are your sims frozen completely or just frozen trying to use the phone?  I ask because I lost free will completely this week as the side effect of a misnamed file (aka a stupidity problem) - JMs nme fix was enabled but named nme.off    I just swore when I pinned that down and disabled it....

A few people on MTS2 reported phone problems - mostly sims missing from the phone book who turned out to be invisibly stuck on the lot.  Inge's shrub fixes that of course.  Clearly not your problem, but might help someone else - unless they are all invisible stuck on the lot from last time you called them!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 23, 05:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My post was from August. About a week later it simply cleared up. No idea why. If I changed something I no longer remember what it was.

It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly they started the call just fine then would just stand there with the phone. I could cancel out, so they weren't completely frozen, just standing around like morons.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 23, 11:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'll teach me tol read the dates before I post!   Cheesy

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 29, 03:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of my most valued, most used hacks.

That was before NL when it rendered children and teens jumping out of freewill interactions and standing around like posts and I had to take it out. (Bugger! It was such a sweet dream, while it lasted...)

Any chance of it being updated anytime soon, Most Awesome One?

I'd be happy to test it!

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 29, 03:58:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using the AutoYak with no problems, post-NL.

Do you have another hack that is conflicting?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 02, 05:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me too, only occasionally Cassandra goth will be called and then disappear, although my sim is still, presumably, talking to her as he/she hasn't called anyone else!  I just clear offworld loiterers since there's no icon in the queue to cancel.  I always do that now to get rid of unwanted callers.

Zephyr Zodiac
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 08, 05:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll check for hack conflicts again, since I could have missed removing a non-NL approved hack. I'll check again more carefully, especially since you guys haven't have any problems with it in NL.

I'll let you know when I find out... haven't been able to play much at all lately, the other half is feeling neglected, and I need to pay him more attention, otherwise my Sims disks will go AWOL or my graphics card will go missing...

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 18, 22:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since NL (I believe), the Call/Family option has been missing from my phone menu. Is this because of something I did, or does the hack just need to be updated? I really miss this feature, it would help so much with my massive Legacy family.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 18, 23:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any family members which are not at a relationship level of 100, do they have phones, and are they at home (not at school or work)?
The menu won't appear if there are no valid callees.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 19, 00:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are at that level, then they may be called with Call Friends if the relationship deteriorates while the caller is on the phone.  Call Family is most useful, I find, for newly transitioned kids to get to know their cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents or older siblings away at college.

Zephyr Zodiac
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 19, 00:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any family members which are not at a relationship level of 100, do they have phones, and are they at home (not at school or work)?
The menu won't appear if there are no valid callees.

No, this is for family who is 0/0. Nieces, nephews, cousins. No matter what time I try, call family isn't available. It just doesn't appear at all for me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 19, 00:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like something else is interfering with the Autoyak menu.  Maybe you don't have the latest version of the Phone Hack?

Also, it might be worth checking in SimPE to make sure all these family members are actually flagged as family.

Zephyr Zodiac
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 19, 00:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds to me like something else is interfering with the Autoyak menu.  Maybe you don't have the latest version of the Phone Hack?

Also, it might be worth checking in SimPE to make sure all these family members are actually flagged as family.

I'm pretty sure I do, but I'll check phonehack. And SimPE scares me silly, so I don't use it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 19, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version do you have?  I usually use the Classic version as I find it easier to operate.  All you need to do is the look in the Relationships menu for one of the sims you know is having this problem and see if the check box called Family is ticked.  If not, just click on it to tick it, then save it (commit).

Zephyr Zodiac
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 19, 00:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version do you have?  I usually use the Classic version as I find it easier to operate.  All you need to do is the look in the Relationships menu for one of the sims you know is having this problem and see if the check box called Family is ticked.  If not, just click on it to tick it, then save it (commit).

I don't have any version. I had one, got horribly confused and annoyed at having to go through so many complicated menus and technobabble that I uninstalled it and got Sim2Enhancer.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 19, 01:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case, you should be able to do the same thing.  What seems to happen is that sometimes the game for no apparent reason just unchecks them as family.

Zephyr Zodiac
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 19, 01:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I checked- my phonehack is up-to-date, but somehow, I'd missed an autoyak update!  Embarrassed Mine was from June 19th, and the last update was July 31st. I now have the call/family menu again.

Did it always pop up with a list of people to call? I thought it used to autocall, like call/friends did. Maybe I'm remembering wrong. But I have it back now, at least. I'll just have to have them call each family member individually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: