More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:41:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Things NEVER done on Sims 3?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things NEVER done on Sims 3?  (Read 42271 times)
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
Re: Things NEVER done on Sims 3?
« Reply #25 on: 2010 December 13, 17:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with the Witch on this one, I'd like to see same sex couples/men being able to get pregnant. This is already done on a different core mod, with options as to which sim, dominate or passive, gets pregnant. It also has options like if you want men to get pregnant in a straight relationship as well. And since "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE,"  I currently don't use Awesomemod. So if there was something like this that was compatible with Awesomemod that would be...awesome.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 December 13, 17:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, you know what, I get Ambular and Witch's points that we shouldn't crush budding modding spirit under our jaded sporkfists, but this poster is going about it all wrong. It obviously hasn't read the FAQ or lurked at all to gain an idea of what MATY is like. It double posts, has an aversion to paragraphs, and CAN'T EVEN FIND THE CLEARLY LABELLED AWESOMEMOD REQUESTS THREAD ON ITS OWN. I mean really, talk about lazy. Plus, it seems an arrogant little thing. I don't see why it should be sporked any less than the next random noob, just on the off chance it might produce a mod one day.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 December 13, 18:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see the food truck foods makable at home. 
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 December 13, 18:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably a simple mod: make rabbit hole objects have a non-zero cost; I suspect it's to avoid allowing users to simply drop a new store down to increase a property's value (which is stupid, if true, because one can just hide a bunch of expensive crap in a closed basement to the same effect), but the notion of being able to drop a new 4-storey building down on any community lot, at zero cost simply grates on my nerves.... even if I have never had much reason to use such a thing myself.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 December 13, 18:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the fruit trees to have a blooming period before harvest.  I also want a little red wagon and an ice cream cone.

-tastes like chikin
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 December 13, 18:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the bloody lighting that EA broke, fixed.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 December 13, 20:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably a simple mod: make rabbit hole objects have a non-zero cost; I suspect it's to avoid allowing users to simply drop a new store down to increase a property's value (which is stupid, if true, because one can just hide a bunch of expensive crap in a closed basement to the same effect), but the notion of being able to drop a new 4-storey building down on any community lot, at zero cost simply grates on my nerves.... even if I have never had much reason to use such a thing myself.

Exactly how much sleep do you lose each night worrying about things that don't affect you at all?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 December 13, 22:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with the Witch on this one, I'd like to see same sex couples/men being able to get pregnant. This is already done on a different core mod, with options as to which sim, dominate or passive, gets pregnant. It also has options like if you want men to get pregnant in a straight relationship as well. And since "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE,"  I currently don't use Awesomemod. So if there was something like this that was compatible with Awesomemod that would be...awesome.
The Twallanian Woohooer allows this, last time I checked.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
lolbadlol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 December 13, 22:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to those who supported me. I was pretty close to deleting my account on these forums and contribute somewhere else.  Undecided

@Ambular; Do you have any more general ideas? I'm not really looking into too many specific things, such as fixing specific textures, etc. I'm looking to work on things more like no delays for the timers in the game, or adding a way to skip screens straight to the Create-a-Sim screen, etc.

If anyone could add more general (not specific)requests, I'll definitely look into those.
If you have any specific requests, if they are productive and efficient to other users, I'll look into those, as well!
Thanks!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 December 13, 22:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How was that a stupid post? I was simply asking what users WANTED to be done. What they DESIRED.
And who said I was a noob? Come see me on other games, I've coded multiple things for other games with actual cheat clients. Don't speak unless you truly know my history.
And who cares what my username is. It wouldn't allow me to register with my original username so I just typed in anything. My username is not my life, nor do I care what it is or stands for. Don't judge me on the name I decide to enter for a forum.

A simple browse of the forum, something that would have taken a couple of minutes, would have yielded some interesting things, most notably 2 threads that would have been better places for your original post.  Then again, within the 2 threads, the lame request and AM request threads, you could have found what people are asking for, gone away, made the mod, then come back and posted it, and made known that you do requests.  Much better than starting a new thread in an inappropriate place.

Where would you propose to subtract funds from for these buildings?   Then again, when you actually buy the lot in-game, you are paying for it, so whats the problem?  This is only a game afterall, and not real life.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 December 13, 22:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone got that? Don't bother Lord Fauntlerlol with specific requests. And please be sure to address him properly: the "L" in Lord is always capitalized. We don't want him to delete his account or anything.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
lolbadlol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 December 13, 22:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone got that? Don't bother Lord Fauntlerlol with specific requests. And please be sure to address him properly: the "L" in Lord is always capitalized. We don't want him to delete his account or anything.

No need to twist me words...
I was just looking for more general ideas, instead of ideas dealing with small, specific things in the game such as rabbit holes.
I'm just looking for anything that can be beneficial to users, instead of small tweaks that make the game look "prettier".
You didn't need to take my content and make it sound bad, btw lol
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 December 13, 22:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

paragraph  (ˈpærəˌɡrɑːf, -ˌɡræf) 

— n   
1.  (in a piece of writing) one of a series of subsections each usually devoted to one idea and each usually marked by the beginning of a new line, indentation, increased interlinear space, etc 
2.  printing  the character ¶, used as a reference mark or to indicate the beginning of a new paragraph 
3.  a short article in a newspaper 

— vb   
4.  to form into paragraphs 
5.  to express or report in a paragraph 

[C16: from Medieval Latin paragraphus,  from Greek paragraphos  line drawing attention to part of a text, from paragraphein  to write beside, from para- 1  + graphein  to write]

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 December 13, 22:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee, I like how there wasn't an actual paragraph in jezzer's definition of a paragraph.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 December 13, 23:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There never was lightning in the game, and there won't be until we get an expansion pack that includes weather.

HA! HA!.....I know....

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 December 13, 23:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my.  Just when we thought this thread couldn't get any more retarded, cwurts comes along and proves us wrong.  *sigh*

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 December 13, 23:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There never was lightning in the game

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2010 December 13, 23:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to those who supported me. I was pretty close to deleting my account on these forums and contribute somewhere else.  Undecided

@Ambular; Do you have any more general ideas? I'm not really looking into too many specific things, such as fixing specific textures, etc. I'm looking to work on things more like no delays for the timers in the game, or adding a way to skip screens straight to the Create-a-Sim screen, etc.

If anyone could add more general (not specific)requests, I'll definitely look into those.
If you have any specific requests, if they are productive and efficient to other users, I'll look into those, as well!
Thanks!

If you find the atmosphere here too toxic (and you'd hardly be the first!) modthesims.info is a good alternative.  As for other general ideas...how about enabling save game from build or buy mode, or adding a way to change or kill the background music in the load screens and CAS?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 December 14, 01:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know your programming capabilities, but I remember once a guy just arrived out of the blue and handed us a compression program, I think it was. It even impressed Pescado, so I don't discount anything.
Yeah, but he came in and gave us the shiny, proving he had skills. This one says is has modded for other games but gives us no proof, and displays a lack of understanding as to how TS3 or the Sims modding community works. It has broken the cardinal rule: Show, don't tell.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 December 14, 01:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see a simple family tree editor, one that lets me edit their family lines even with the deceased ones. All I have now is AM's genealogy tab, but that requires both sims to be alive, and works only for parent/child and sibling relationships. I'd like to be able to build a whole family tree in one sitting, without switching to another sim.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 December 14, 01:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parent/child and sibling relationships are the only formal relationships that actually exist in the game. All other relationships are procedurally derived from these.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 December 14, 05:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

If you find the atmosphere here too toxic (and you'd hardly be the first!)

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 December 14, 16:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEVER done in *any* of the Sims games...

It has always been a pet beef of mine that the in game radios/stereo/DJ booth/TVs are so limited in their choices of content. Not the "what" of the content, but the "where"... as in Hard Drive directory/folder. I have all my media files on my M:\<MEDIA> drive. Having to make copies of it on my P:\<Personal> drive is wasteful and infuriating. I should be able to tell the in game media players where my content already is rather than being forced to move/copy it over.

I have looked in my OS's registry hoping that I might find a media pointer value that I could edit, but no. So I am guessing that it is hard-coded into the game. Which makes me further guess that this would require a hacked, buy-able game-object.

One possible stumbling block... *IF* EA is following proper programming/security guidelines (BWAHAHAHAHA), then the game should not have any access outside of it's own directory structures. Perhaps this is why someone has not yet made this mod already.
lolbadlol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 December 14, 18:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEVER done in *any* of the Sims games...

It has always been a pet beef of mine that the in game radios/stereo/DJ booth/TVs are so limited in their choices of content. Not the "what" of the content, but the "where"... as in Hard Drive directory/folder. I have all my media files on my M:\<MEDIA> drive. Having to make copies of it on my P:\<Personal> drive is wasteful and infuriating. I should be able to tell the in game media players where my content already is rather than being forced to move/copy it over.

I have looked in my OS's registry hoping that I might find a media pointer value that I could edit, but no. So I am guessing that it is hard-coded into the game. Which makes me further guess that this would require a hacked, buy-able game-object.

One possible stumbling block... *IF* EA is following proper programming/security guidelines (BWAHAHAHAHA), then the game should not have any access outside of it's own directory structures. Perhaps this is why someone has not yet made this mod already.

I actually noticed this and already started looking into it, thanks for bringing it up!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 December 14, 20:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Twallanian Woohooer allows this, last time I checked.

It's also compatible with AM. Twallan's Woohooer is pretty nice, actually. There's a tuning file you can download to tweak it to your liking.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: