More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 08:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)  (Read 374932 times)
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8 - Updated 9/17/2010)
« Reply #75 on: 2010 September 18, 14:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laziness is one thing.  UR I agree, is just plain retard looking, but to assult the way someone has always used their language by comparing Color and colour is going overboard.
American English is NOT the same as British English.
This is appearent in calling the hood of a car a bonnet, which to an American is a hat for a woman and a hood with has 2 meanings, the car's engine cover and the hat piece attached to a sweat shirt, a coat, or similar garment.

Black English is somewhat different, too, and I would not fault them if they spelled something fo' instead of for. 
Please be open minded when you talk to people, and be sure you are not assaulting a culture rather than just laziness.
Thanks

I do not care who I insult. If I do not understand what you are saying, how the hell am I going to communicate correctly with you? Remember that this is MATY and the standard for correct grammar is key to any communication on this forum. Many of us are from other countries where American English and British English is what we are exposed to. Throwing in anything other than the occasional meme or acronym from the Internet and you may be faced with a lot of problems.

BTW, your last post is remarkably similar to a drive-by, since I cannot find anything resembling a grammar discussion in this thread. If you do not have anything other than "OH HAI, I kno ure deeferens in langages!" to say, I suggest you keep your cakehole shut. And wtf is up with the "assault" on other peoples languages? FYI, no one is bashing anyones head in. If your feelings are hurt because someone misunderstood you, then go cry me a river, 'cause no one cares.

- INTJ -
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2010 September 18, 15:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could edit the batch file to point to the Custom Launcher, but you won't have the benefit from 3booter and FPS_Limiter then. You could ask granthes to add such a functionality.

Already done. I was just seeing if I could work it out myself until granthes had a chance to implement it. I was doing it the other way around, but I couldn't figure out what file the Custom Launcher used to open Sims 3.

Right now, I use your program for when I'm peering through new packages that I want to delete, and granthe's for when I want to load the massive loads of packages in my downloads file, so it's all good.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 September 18, 20:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found my issue.   I copy/pasted 3booter, FPS limiter and the two dll files that were in the same folder into the FastLane>game>bin folder.   Apparently, it was an issue with those programs just not wanting to run from where they were.  So, now I can at least get THAT working again.  I'd been having problems since the last update anyway.

But I think the Updater is insisting on using the ones in it's updater folder, which then won't run because those programs seem to only work on my computer in the latest ep/stuff folder.

So, problem identified anyway. 

-tastes like chikin
Niiro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 September 19, 17:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey basbas,
your fixes fixed my problem with the directory change Smiley

Now it's working fine ^^
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 September 19, 18:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep it works great now.
Does the FPS limiter cap it at 30 or 60?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 September 19, 18:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found my issue.   I copy/pasted 3booter, FPS limiter and the two dll files that were in the same folder into the FastLane>game>bin folder.   Apparently, it was an issue with those programs just not wanting to run from where they were.  So, now I can at least get THAT working again.  I'd been having problems since the last update anyway.

But I think the Updater is insisting on using the ones in it's updater folder, which then won't run because those programs seem to only work on my computer in the latest ep/stuff folder.

So, problem identified anyway. 
The updater does not run 3booter from the AwesomeMod Updater Revived folder, but from the latest EP/SP folder.
Make sure you don't have any backups or copies from awesome.package in Documents\Electronic Arts or any subfolders.

Hey basbas,
your fixes fixed my problem with the directory change :)

Now it's working fine ^^
Glad to hear that it finally works.

Yep it works great now.
Does the FPS limiter cap it at 30 or 60?
30fps.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 September 20, 13:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Black English is somewhat different, too, and I would not fault them if they spelled something fo' instead of for. 
What the hell kind of minstrel shows have you been attending, David Duke?

BTW, your last post is remarkably similar to a drive-by, since I cannot find anything resembling a grammar discussion in this thread. If you do not have anything other than "OH HAI, I kno ure deeferens in langages!" to say, I suggest you keep your cakehole shut.

Oh, it's only posted once before, when it announced five months ago it wouldn't be using Awesomemod any more because everyone here is SO MEAN.  I look forward to seeing what it has to bitch about in February.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 September 22, 16:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I haven't been back in awhile, internet issuse, but the problem I was having is the same as Jessnova. I only have WA, and it downloads everything, but I can't pause it after the moving files line she caught, and after that it just closes. I tried it with the new update version, and it still runs and closes leaving nothing else opened. sorry if you fixed this and I don't understand how to make it work I really like this idea, I'm just too confused to make it work right
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 September 22, 22:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I haven't been back in awhile, internet issuse,
And we care why?

I don't understand how to make it work I really like this idea, I'm just too confused to make it work right
In this case, DON'T use it.  It really isn't that hard to manually check, download and install AM if it has been updated.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1 - Updated 10/22/2010)
« Reply #84 on: 2010 October 22, 15:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While working on the awetest version for the upcoming patch, I discovered an error in the installation folder detection for base game and World Adventures on 64-bit systems.

Updated to v1.8.1
Fixed issue with 64-bit base game and World Adventures.
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 October 23, 02:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 64bit and have installed Sims 3 with all of the EP's, SP's & Stuff packs so far. I had been using the Updater reviver when I had Sims 3 on XP without any problems, but now I can't get it to work, and Awesomemod won't even work without using the Reviver.

My Sims 3 folders are located in C:\Program Files (x86) and my "The Sims 3" folder is located in "C:\Valued Customer\My Documents\Electronic Arts (do I need to move this?).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 October 23, 09:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 64bit and have installed Sims 3 with all of the EP's, SP's & Stuff packs so far. I had been using the Updater reviver when I had Sims 3 on XP without any problems, but now I can't get it to work, and Awesomemod won't even work without using the Reviver.

My Sims 3 folders are located in C:\Program Files (x86) and my "The Sims 3" folder is located in "C:\Valued Customer\My Documents\Electronic Arts (do I need to move this?).

Thanks!
If AwesomeMod doesn't even work without the Updater, I can tell you it WON'T work WITH the Updater. So, go and fix your mod locations.
Also, your signature annoys me.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 October 23, 11:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

Thanks!

It sounds like you haven't got the framework right, and AM will work fine without the updater if you have everything installed right.  If you had everything working on XP it shouldn't be that hard to get it right on Windows 7 as it is the same bloody arrangement.  If you move the stuff from documents (Windows 7 doesn't call it my documents) the game will regenerate them when you play, they are the default files for storing saved games, etc. the same as it was with TS2.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1 - Updated 10/27/2010)
« Reply #88 on: 2010 October 27, 16:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

v1.8.1awetest
This awetest-version updates your AwesomeMod to its test version.
Don't forget to download a new one when AwesomeMod gets stable!

If you have installed Late Night, please use v2.0awetest.

Attachment deleted. AwesomeMod is now stable. You can find the new updater at the bottom of the initial post.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 06, 10:00:36 by basbas » Logged
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 October 28, 10:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I have to say this tool is a great help !, thank you.

I'm having the same error Bamble had and it wouldn't go away even though I did follow the instructions.
Is it because I only have HELS and AMB installed? If that's it, then I'm sorry for bothering you.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 October 28, 10:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I have to say this tool is a great help !, thank you.

I'm having the same error Bamble had and it wouldn't go away even though I did follow the instructions.
Is it because I only have HELS and AMB installed? If that's it, then I'm sorry for bothering you.
What version are you using? Which OS do you have? What does it do exactly? I can't help you if you don't tell me more about the problem.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 October 28, 11:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What version are you using?

my game is version 4.3.4.008001

Which OS do you have?
Windows Vista (x86)

What does it do exactly?
My problem is that "the system was unable to find the specified registry key or value"
and the game craches while loading (AMB).
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 October 28, 11:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it starts the game, and the game crashes, it is framework fail. Or you are using the wrong AM version.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 October 28, 11:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's the AM then. I'll wait for the 4.3 update.

Thanks.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1/v2.0 - Updated 10/28/2010)
« Reply #94 on: 2010 October 28, 13:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need an AM update with version 4.3. Just use the normal non-test one.

v2.0awetest
New awetest version, compatible with Late Night.
Also many other changes, so I don't know if it works for everyone. See the Changelog for details.
If something goes wrong or doesn't work, please report it here. And provide me with INFORMATION.

Attachment deleted. Use v2.1awetest instead.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 31, 12:18:31 by basbas » Logged
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1/v2.0 - Updated 10/28/2010)
« Reply #95 on: 2010 October 28, 13:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did, but my game still crashes at loading screen.
Whatever I do its still not working !.

Thanks anyway.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1/v2.1 - Updated 10/31/2010)
« Reply #96 on: 2010 October 31, 12:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has nothing to do with this Updater so this is not the right topic to discuss that.

v2.1awetest
- Improved deletion of scriptCache.package. See Changelog for details.

If something goes wrong or doesn't work, please report it here. And provide me with INFORMATION.

Attachment deleted. AwesomeMod is now stable. You can find the new updater at the bottom of the initial post.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 06, 10:00:06 by basbas » Logged
Torrasque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010 October 31, 17:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it starts the game, and the game crashes, it is framework fail. Or you are using the wrong AM version.
i think i have this problem...how do i fix the framework?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010 October 31, 17:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think i have this problem...how do i fix the framework?
You're not having that problem.
Torrasque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1/v2.1 - Updated 10/31/2010)
« Reply #99 on: 2010 October 31, 17:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? before i start it claims i have mods that dont work with my version. if i start anyway, it gets all the way to the end of the load screen, and it CTD. can you direct me to a way to fix it? i have the latest AM and if i delete it i can get through no problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: