Slightly based on darkorical's and CaptaiNemo's versions
This batch file automatically updates AwesomeMod (and other MATY TS3 hacks, if in use) when you start your game. That is, when you change your shortcut to point to this batch file.Features
Windows only!What does it do
- It's compatible with the new (post-Ambitions) way of installing mods/CC (it doesn't work with the old way, though)
- It deletes scriptCache.package if necessary
- It also updates 3booter, FPS Limiter, RuleOf6, NoGreenHair and StrayGnomeFix and puts them into the right folder
- It's user friendly. If something goes wrong, it displays the user an error code and error message
- You can place the file wherever you want
- It notifies the user when an update is available
- It automatically determines whether the user needs the stable or test AwesomeMod version
- It is able to automatically install AwesomeMod if necessary
- Everything is automated!
Step 1: It checks for updates to itself and prompts the user if an update is available.
Step 2: It reads your The Sims 3 directory from the registry.
Step 3: It creates a new folder inside My Documents, called "AwesomeMod Updater". The .zip files will be stored here.
Step 4: It checks if AwesomeMod is compatible with your current game version.
Step 5: It downloads the files if newer versions are available.
Step 6: It searches for awesome.package, ruleof6.package and nogreenhair.package somewhere in Documents\Electronic Arts\ and replaces them with the newly downloaded ones.
Step 7: It moves 3booter and FPS Limiter to the base game folder.
Step 8: It starts 3booter.Easy installer
You can use this as an easy installer for 3booter and FPS Limiter. It can also install AwesomeMod if you don't have it yet.
Please note that the updater does not install RuleOf6, NoGreenHair and StrayGnomeFix if you don't already have them in your Mods folder.Q:
Why would I use 3booter and/or FPS Limiter?A:
There's definitely no harm at all in using 3booter or FPS Limiter. In fact:
If the game crashes within 30 seconds of an attempted start, 3booter will kick it in the taco.
and, the most important part:
FAILURE TO DO THIS CAN RESULT IN YOUR VERY EXPENSIVE NEW VIDEO CARD BECOMING A VERY EXPENSIVE LUMP OF FUSED HARDWARE!Download
Stable version (v184.108.40.206)
The beta version includes new and/or experimental features and is updated more often than the stable version. The stable version is recommended for regular use.Old versions
Please note that old versions don't include wget.exe and unzip.exe. Get them from the latest version's .zip file.
Old versions might not be compatible with the current way of installing things or even mess things up. Use them at your own risk.v220.127.116.11v18.104.22.168v22.214.171.124v126.96.36.199v188.8.131.52v184.108.40.206v220.127.116.11v18.104.22.168
If you are looking for a specific old version, send me a PM.