More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 04:23:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)  (Read 375633 times)
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8.1/v2.1 - Updated 10/31/2010)
« Reply #100 on: 2010 October 31, 17:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? before i start it claims i have mods that dont work with my version. if i start anyway, it gets all the way to the end of the load screen, and it CTD. can you direct me to a way to fix it? i have the latest AM and if i delete it i can get through no problem.
Yeah, I know. You've already posted this in the Bug Report Thread. Look there.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010 October 31, 23:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? before i start it claims i have mods that dont work with my version. if i start anyway, it gets all the way to the end of the load screen, and it CTD. can you direct me to a way to fix it? i have the latest AM and if i delete it i can get through no problem.

For fuck sake.  Read what you fucking wrote, you have answered your own question in the question.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 November 01, 06:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you direct me to a way to fix it? i have the latest AM and if i delete it i can get through no problem.

I want a pony. Can has magickal pony?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.1 - Updated 11/6/2010)
« Reply #103 on: 2010 November 06, 10:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v2.1
- Now updates to the stable AwesomeMod version.
- Compares rtfm.txt with skuversion.txt to check patch compatibility.
- Includes all other features introduced in v2.0awetest and v2.1awetest.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 November 06, 10:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That seems a dangerous move, since I become increasingly tired of updating the rtfm text and just scrawl some quick note in there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 November 06, 10:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no. So you will no longer update the "Base: 1.17.60 & Corresponding Expansions" line? Guess I'll have to leave it out in the next version then.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 November 06, 10:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, yeah, that line will stay. I'm going to stop reporting the versions of all the piles of expansions, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 November 06, 10:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fine, it only checks compatibility with the base game patch.
Sukigu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 November 07, 17:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

basbas, I've been getting an error code 5 although I have set up my mods using the "new way", and I believe I found out why. There's line in the .bat file that says the following: cd /d "%docs%\Electronic Arts\*3".

As I have installed the CAW and CAP tools, there are 2 folders that match the previous command (because of the wildcard), so the updater chooses the first one. The problem is my game is in European Portuguese, so the first folder is not Os Sims 3 but Ferramenta Criar um Mundo de Os Sims™ 3 (CAW), which obviously doesn't have a Mods directory in it.

A fix would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 08, 19:11:46 by GTNS » Logged
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 November 12, 17:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just started using the AwesomeMod Updater a couple of days ago (since installing BootCamp & Win XP sp3 on my MacBook Pro) and decided to install the 3booter.exe & FPS Limiter at the same time to get all the benefits of those goodies as well. Now I'm running into an annoying issue - my game will launch & play fine, but when I exit (usually using Save & Quit option), I will get a program crash error related to TS3EP03.exe saying it tried to write to memory that couldn't be written. I removed the 3booter.exe and the FPS Limiter files I got from this site and created my own FPS Limiter .bat file with the GUI tool I found elsewhere on the internets, and I get the same crash on exit. This does not occur if I start the game with the Launcher executable instead. Has anyone else experienced this? Since the crash occurs on exit and doesn't seem to affect my game-saving functionality, should I worry about it at all?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 November 12, 23:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just started using the AwesomeMod Updater a couple of days ago (since installing BootCamp & Win XP sp3 on my MacBook Pro) and decided to install the 3booter.exe & FPS Limiter at the same time to get all the benefits of those goodies as well. Now I'm running into an annoying issue - my game will launch & play fine, but when I exit (usually using Save & Quit option), I will get a program crash error related to TS3EP03.exe saying it tried to write to memory that couldn't be written. I removed the 3booter.exe and the FPS Limiter files I got from this site and created my own FPS Limiter .bat file with the GUI tool I found elsewhere on the internets, and I get the same crash on exit. This does not occur if I start the game with the Launcher executable instead. Has anyone else experienced this? Since the crash occurs on exit and doesn't seem to affect my game-saving functionality, should I worry about it at all?

Did you try removing the updater, as it isn't compatible with MAC's, there may be an issue with Bootcamp?  I use 3booter and FPS in a Win7 machine and they work fine.

Using the game launcher to start the game means no FPS limiter and also means that the AM no-CD check won't work.  Have you tried simply saving the game first, then quit after the save?  I had a couple of crashes way back with the base game only when using the save & quit option, this was before I started using AM.  Since then I always save, then quit the game without saving, and since doing that I haven't had a single problem when saving and quitting.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2 - Updated 11/20/2010)
« Reply #111 on: 2010 November 20, 14:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v2.2
GTNS's issue should be fixed now. Please give feedback.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2010 November 21, 21:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I updated to v2.2, and while it worked perfectly before, now I keep getting Error code 4. I made sure that the wget and unzip programs were in my windows directory, but it still keeps giving me Error Code 4 no matter what I do. I use  Windows Vista 64, and I've had no problems until now.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 November 21, 21:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having the problem with Error code 4. I also use windows 7 64bit version. My game is fully patched and the updater was working fine til this update. I tried removing the program and files from the windows directory and then reinstalling them and nothing is working.
Smurfmuffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 November 21, 22:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one more vote for the Error code 4 with 2.2. All is working fine with v2.1, but 2.2 isn't finding wget in the Windows folder.

Btw, I can't thank you enough for this awesome piece of coding.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 November 21, 22:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one more vote for the Error code 4 with 2.2. All is working fine with v2.1, but 2.2 isn't finding wget in the Windows folder.

Btw, I can't thank you enough for this awesome piece of coding.
The error codes seem to be one off in the .bat. I have the same problem, I think it can't find the sims 3 folder in "My Documents".

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2.1 - Updated 11/22/2010)
« Reply #116 on: 2010 November 22, 07:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v2.2.1
- Fixed the error code 4 issue. This also causes that it doesn't work for GTNS, though. I will look into that when I have more time.
- The error codes aren't off anymore.

Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2.1 - Updated 11/22/2010)
« Reply #117 on: 2010 November 24, 20:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updater works just fine now, though a new problem has risen that's never come up before. Usually, I use program in conjunction with Granthes's Custom Launcher (which now has included a way to use a custom startup file if needed).

Now, when I use the updater with the Custom Launcher, I get an error code 1. When I use the updater or the custom launcher by itself, however, they both work just fine. This has never come up before, so I figured I'd report it in case other people have the same problem, or if it was a symptom of a larger problem.

If you were already aware of this, my apologies. I haven't had any problem using both until v.2.2.1.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2.2 - Updated 11/25/2010)
« Reply #118 on: 2010 November 25, 20:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updater works just fine now, though a new problem has risen that's never come up before. Usually, I use program in conjunction with Granthes's Custom Launcher (which now has included a way to use a custom startup file if needed).

Now, when I use the updater with the Custom Launcher, I get an error code 1. When I use the updater or the custom launcher by itself, however, they both work just fine. This has never come up before, so I figured I'd report it in case other people have the same problem, or if it was a symptom of a larger problem.

If you were already aware of this, my apologies. I haven't had any problem using both until v.2.2.1.
Error code 1 would indicate that there is both a 32-bit AND a 64-bit registry entry of The Sims 3 in your registry, which is practically impossible. However, v2.2.2 ignores this error and just continues.
ETA: I tried that Custom Launcher thing in combination with v2.2.1 and it worked just fine, though.

Updated to v2.2.2
- Ignores error 1.
Updating to v2.2.2 is not necessary if you didn't have issues with v2.2.1.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 25, 20:36:24 by basbas » Logged
Sukigu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010 November 26, 15:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry basbas for not having replied earlier (didn't have time) but I downloaded version 2.2 and it works for me, so for now I won't update past it.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2010 November 26, 21:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error code 1 would indicate that there is both a 32-bit AND a 64-bit registry entry of The Sims 3 in your registry, which is practically impossible. However, v2.2.2 ignores this error and just continues.
ETA: I tried that Custom Launcher thing in combination with v2.2.1 and it worked just fine, though.

Updated to v2.2.2
- Ignores error 1.
Updating to v2.2.2 is not necessary if you didn't have issues with v2.2.1.

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened there either. It works now, however!
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2.4 - Updated 12/3/2010)
« Reply #121 on: 2010 December 03, 16:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

December 1
Updated to v2.2.3
Fixed check for AwesomeMod test version.

December 3
Updated to v2.2.4
Added 'continue anyway' option to the patch compatibility notice, as Pescado didn't update rtfm.txt for the latest patch. Could you fix this, Pescado?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.2.4/v2.3beta - Updated 12/7/2010)
« Reply #122 on: 2010 December 07, 15:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

v2.3beta
At this point, I would consider v2.3 stable enough to replace v2.2.4. But, because of the issues with v2.2 after the release, I offer it as a beta version first. If I don't get any feedback or bug reports for one week or so, it will replace v2.2.4.

New in v2.3:
- The updater can now update itself. However, it will ask you if you want to apply the update or not.
- New way of finding the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder: the updater finds the locale code (like en-US) in the registry and compares it with the new inculded file, locale.aweupd, which needs to be placed in the Windows directory.
- Built-in AwesomeMod test version download: downloading a seperate awetest version isn't required anymore.
- Other minor inprovements; see the Changelog for details.

So, please test this and give feedback.
v2.3beta - build 60 is included below. If I fix something in the next build, the updater will download it.
December 13: Updated to build 61. Build 60 will download it automatically.
December 14: Updated to build 62. Build 60 and 61 will download it automatically.

December 15: Updated to build 63 (final). Build 60, 61 and 62 will download it automatically.

Attachment deleted. Final version available in original post.
« Last Edit: 2010 December 15, 17:13:48 by basbas » Logged
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2010 December 13, 03:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the newest version, if just to see if it no longer gives me an Error 1, but, unfortunately, it still does. The new file is in the windows directory and everything.

I'm... not even sure why I'm still getting this error, but eh, 64x systems just always seem to have weird stuff happening all around.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010 December 13, 07:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the newest version, if just to see if it no longer gives me an Error 1, but, unfortunately, it still does. The new file is in the windows directory and everything.

I'm... not even sure why I'm still getting this error, but eh, 64x systems just always seem to have weird stuff happening all around.
Build 61 hopefully fixes this. Unfortunately, build 60 checks for error 1 before checking for an update, so you'll have to download build 61 manually. Note, error 1 is an error which shouldn't occur on any computer, so there might be something wrong with your pc.

Other users of build 60 will be notified of the update. This is a nice check if that works, too.
Expected behaviour: screen with "Build 61 has been downloaded", pressing 1 will update it and then immediately start the new build. Pressing 2 will not update it and continue with build 60. Pressing 3 will exit immediately.
Does this work?

Hyper late edit: removed not-working link to build 61.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 08, 09:06:38 by basbas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: