More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:09:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sim's wife is a sekrit furry!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sim's wife is a sekrit furry!  (Read 9423 times)
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My sim's wife is a sekrit furry!
« on: 2008 September 10, 23:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims hit it off really well with the cheerleader who kept coming to his dorm at university, so he married her (I was going to marry him to someone else, but he seemed to build points faster with the cheerleader).  No problems, except that she's amazingly sloppy, oh, and when she goes to community lots or visits other sims, she dresses like a llama.

If she was the mascot at college, I'd at least understand why there might be some weird code that made her dress like a llama when going out.  But she wasn't the mascot, and while it's kind of funny, it's more annoying.

Is this a known issue, and is there a patch somewhere to correct it?

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: My sim's wife is a sekrit furry!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 10, 23:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you take her clothes shopping and plan her outfits?  Is that not working?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 10, 23:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's her job? I'm pretty sure there's a job available (the sports one, I think, though don't quote me on that) that has your Sim wear the llama outfit to work. I've noticed that sometimes Sims wander around community lots in their work outfits, which would explain the outfit change.

I sing along with elevator music.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 10, 23:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a known issue, and as far as I know there's no fix. I married in a cheerleader shortly after getting Uni, and she kept changing into the llama mascot suit. Bleh. It's because some of the NPC coding lingers, even though she was never a mascot herself. Cheerleaders and mascots are probably in the same NPC group, or something.

Best advice I've heard is to not marry them (cheerleaders, cow mascots, llama mascots) in, but, apart from the furryism, it seems relatively harmless. Just annoying.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 10, 23:18:48 by Faizah » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 10, 23:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's her job? I'm pretty sure there's a job available (the sports one, I think, though don't quote me on that) that has your Sim wear the llama outfit to work.

True, and that one goes with a llama hat actually, while the mascot from uni has a full llama head which covers the face too. That'd be a way to tell.

Dive in!
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 10, 23:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not her outfit or her job (she's currently a flight lieutenant, and wears her uniform to and from work just fine).  It's only when she visits community lots or other sims' homes.

Faizah confirmed my suspicion that it's a coding issue in the game.  Too bad there's no fix at present.  Not marrying cheerleader types is probably good advice (in the game if not out of it), but it's a little late for that.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 10, 23:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't remember what I did about it, probably sent her for a 'swim'. (In a pool with no ladder...)

I have occasionally wondered if other NPCs are afflicted similarly (I had a streaker once with the surname Johnson and I was tempted to marry him in, for the lulz) but, knowing my luck, they'd all be afflicted the same way: Llama furries. Bleh.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 10, 23:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a post in my LJ about what you get with the streaker. No dance, no showing up in uniforms on community lots, but he spends a good 1/2 or more of his day butt nekkid. It can be pretty hilarious. I recommend it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 11, 01:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, my playable streaker wandered outdoors in a snowstorm in her birthday suit and after she became a frozen block a satellite fell on her.  Imagine that!
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 11, 04:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't remember what I did about it, probably sent her for a 'swim'. (In a pool with no ladder...)

I'm too soft-hearted to kill my sims off myself.  As a side-effect, I almost never resurrect sims, because they'd just come back old--and in this case there's nothing sadder than an old llama furry.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 11, 06:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, my playable streaker wandered outdoors in a snowstorm in her birthday suit and after she became a frozen block a satellite fell on her.  Imagine that!
Really? I thought satellites only fell on cloud/stargazing sims. How can a sim stare at the sky while frozen?
Pretty cool, though, if it really happened that way.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 11, 14:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's some old, but good info on fixing mascots and other NPCs: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5646.msg162123.html#msg162123

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 11, 14:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? I thought satellites only fell on cloud/stargazing sims. How can a sim stare at the sky while frozen?
Pretty cool, though, if it really happened that way.

I suspect the satellite was 'encouraged' to fall. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 12, 11:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid ex-NPCs from College always seem to use their "Special" outfit ahead of any others when encountered while playing a different family... and there's no way to change that "Special" outfit in the game, as far as I know.
Probably one of the most irritating bugs that never got fixed.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 12, 13:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To each their own, I s'pose. I've been trying to get someone to catch the streaker in order to gain enough relationship points to be able to call on the phone since forever. I've finally caught one and intend to marry him in, so I can have a nudie wander the regular hood.

I enjoyed my outgoing cheerleader showing up uninvited at everyones house in her llama suit in Strangetown too.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 12, 15:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my streaker from TJ's crystal ball. They are nigh to impossible to catch the natural way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 12, 20:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should be in the Campus Directory though, right? All you have to do is mouse-over them and find out their name. I just never remember to try it.

I really love the Campus Directory by the way. I don't see it mentioned often, but that is another way I choose my sims' mates from time to time. I ring up and look for the most decent-looking dormie with the favored hair-color of choice.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 12, 21:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should be in the Campus Directory though, right? All you have to do is mouse-over them and find out their name. I just never remember to try it.

I don't know if they're in the Campus Directory or not, since they are categorized as an NPC.  My last streaker was sort of a perv who liked to do his "naked dance" over my female Sims--and ONLY my female Sims--while they slept, and when I was trying to Summon him to my SimSelf's lot for the purpose of killing him, he wasn't in the section of the Summoner with the rest of the Dormies, he was in with the NPCs.

The llama-suit coding is very annoying.  I've had a few Sims who went on dates with the cheerleaders and Wanted to get engaged to them, and I absolutely refused, because I didn't want a llama-suited spouse at family functions.  They will even haunt in those llama suits once they're dead.

tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 September 12, 21:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the pervy streakers are in the campus directory.  I've had sims date them, but never moved in or married them.  Might have to try that now...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 September 12, 23:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love the Campus Directory by the way. I don't see it mentioned often, but that is another way I choose my sims' mates from time to time. I ring up and look for the most decent-looking dormie with the favored hair-color of choice.
Before I started using the crystal ball, that's how I normally did it. Now, I use the ball to see who would be compatible and try to find them the normal way. With the streaker, I couldn't find him after a few days and summoned him instead. The sim he's married to didn't go to college. She went to Uni from home while pregnant with her mother's fiance's illegitimate child.

Oh, and every time I read the title of this thread, my brain eliminates "sim's".
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 03:40:22 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 September 14, 19:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid ex-NPCs from College always seem to use their "Special" outfit ahead of any others when encountered while playing a different family... and there's no way to change that "Special" outfit in the game, as far as I know.

If she went around in her actual special outfit--the cheerleader outfit--it wouldn't be so bad (though I'd have to make sure she never got old, because ick). 
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 September 14, 19:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the campus directory to gain relationship with Greek house folks and secret society members, or with college sims I saw on a community lot and checked out up close for facial defects.  I don't trust the thumbnail portraits.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 September 14, 19:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was very disappointed when I found out the professors aren't in the campus directory. I was hoping to get all the professors as friends of the greek house.

The other annoying thing about marryiing the cheerleaders/mascots (and probably the streaker) is that they invite themselves in when they walk by another house you're playing. I noticed this when I married a college grad sim to the cheerleader and later created a freewill family in the same neighborhood. The ex-cheerleader walked right in during a bug infestation and started spraying roaches while the freewill family continuously freaked out or cried, so she was actually somewhat useful. Of course, this behavior doesn't stick out as much now that BFFs and hobby mavens burst into your home, too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: