More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:55:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cheerleaders as Playables?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cheerleaders as Playables?  (Read 10272 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Cheerleaders as Playables?
« on: 2006 September 16, 13:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my favorite sims (still at Uni) fell in love with a llama. He moved in, and his cheer compulsion is making me crazy. Is there a way to delete the NPC behaviors? Otherwise he's rather a nice sim and he beats up all the cows that wander in...quite satisfying to watch.

When I searched the site I found this thread,

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3132.msg90918.html#msg90918

but obviously there was no resolution, just this guy with a fiery sword saying, "NOOO! Bad simmer! BAD!"
which doesn't help much, since I've already done the crime...

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Cheerleaders as Playables?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 16, 14:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Afraid you have to live it with -- mascots, cheerleaders, and streakers are good woohoo fodder for your romance sims (some of those cows are really pretty under the mask Smiley ), but toxic playables.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 16, 14:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I ended-up doing was making my playable ones selectable whenever I saw them on community lots or when they wandered onto residential lots and getting them to change their clothes.  I have a mod to do it now, but at that time I was using boolProp to do it.  That always worked and they stayed in normal clothes the rest of the time they were there.  Occasionally the llama mascot would wear his llama outfit at home, but I just put that down to him having strange sexual perversions and let him get on with it most of the time.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 16, 14:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the other thread, Ancient Sim seemed to be saying that cheerleaders, and even llamas, can be fixed (but the cows are hopeless). Anybody know where I would go in SimPE to do this fixing?

The only problem I have with my adult former cheerleader so far is that she shows up on other lots dressed in that llama costume...funny, since she never wore it in college, since she was, er, not the llama. (Silly Maxis!)

EDIT: Oh, there you are, Ancient Sim! So you didn't work any magic in SimPE after all?

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 16, 14:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make a cheerleader or other NPC behave "Normal", what you need to do is to open up both a normal sim's character file and the affected NPC, and replace the "Fallback" and "Original" GUIDs from the NPC with the "normal" sim. That should cause the NPC to act normal.

Source

Also mentioned here.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 16, 15:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like entering in duplicate GUIDs would cause something to conflict somehow. Do you have to delete the "normal" sim you copied the data from? Or do I just not understand what I'm talking about?

Also, the earlier advice from Pescado mentioned changing more stuff than just the GUIDs in the OBJD:

Heh, if you want to hack things in SimPE, you can actually strip the mascot code from the character files. Replace all of the BHAVs, the OBJF, and the "Original GUID" from the OBJD with versions from a normal "non-mascot", and your sim should be back to normal.

I'm trying to understand, I really am, but I'm still confused. Huh

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 16, 15:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too...I have the sim's character file open and it is making no sense to me. What exactly do I replace/delete? There are many files that don't exist in my normal (donor) sim. Do I just delete them?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 16, 15:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way I interpret it (feel free to correct me) is utilizing the resources for a 'normal' (CAS Sim) and duplicating that standard behaviour in place of 'unique' University personalities (Cheerleader/Mascots).

With SimPE, you would need to extract from the 'normal' Sim; the BHAVs (Behaviour Function), OBJfs (Object Functions) and take note of the Orig. GUID value under the OBJD (Object Data). Next step would be replacing the resources and changing to the noted Original GUID with the 'unique' Sim's character file.

I would backup, experiment and report back any information.
Although this operation is unfamiliar and untried for myself. Tongue
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 16, 17:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait. BHAVs in a character file actually *do* something? I thought they were just a carry-over (i.e. bug) from Sims 1.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 16, 17:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure they do.

And fixing the cheerleader should be as simple as replacing the bhav 'Function - Main' in their character file with the same bhav from a normal sim. I've never tried this, but it should work.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 16, 17:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall trying to hack the paper delivery boy (I forget why) and that failing to do anything.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 16, 17:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, when I look in my cheerleader's character file I have:

Behavior Constants:
Aging and Death as NPC
Hang Out
Hours
-spacer-
Tuning - Mascot

and Behavior Functions:
Cheer - Perform Cheer (a scary screen indeed)
CT - Special 1 - Can Change?
CT - Special 1 - GUID -> T[0,1]
Find a Person To Cheer (another scary screen)

before reaching anything that seems to correlate to a playable sim's file.

What do I do with all that garbage? To my wholly untrained eye it appears to be the source of the annoying NPC behavior.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 17, 09:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay no attention to that. Focus on the OBJD. Replace the "fallback" GUID of the cheerleader in the OBJD with one of a normal sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 17, 12:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would I then delete the donor sim (making sure, naturally, that he's never been played and has no memories or relationships)?

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 17, 12:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiyiii!!! I replaced the cheerleader's GUID with a normal sim's. He disappeared. Totally. He was in the loading screen, but not on the lot, not in anyone's memory, and didn't appear when I searched through the summoner.  Sad

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 17, 12:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would I then delete the donor sim (making sure, naturally, that he's never been played and has no memories or relationships)?
There is no donor sim. It's a cut and paste job. The donor sim can be any regular sim and is left untouched. It is not necessary to delete him, nor create a new one.

Kiyiii!!! I replaced the cheerleader's GUID with a normal sim's. He disappeared. Totally. He was in the loading screen, but not on the lot, not in anyone's memory, and didn't appear when I searched through the summoner.  Sad
You did it wrong. You were supposed to replace his "FALLBACK" GUID...NOT his "real" GUID.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 17, 13:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I was thinking of Sims 1 where duplicate GUIDs were a recipe for disaster.

I restored my backup (hooray, backups). Replaced fallback with fallback. He is there now, but he's still cheering.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 17, 13:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I was thinking of Sims 1 where duplicate GUIDs were a recipe for disaster.

I restored my backup (hooray, backups). Replaced fallback with fallback. He is there now, but he's still cheering.
Force an error on him. He'll probably stop once you do that.

Okay, update, that's the wrong one. Make the relevant changes for "Original GUID" instead. fallback should be made to be same as regular GUID again.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 17, 13:58:09 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 17, 19:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's what I've tried.

I fired up SimPE (version 0.58), opened up my created neighborhood, found the former cheerleader I'm playing, and selected Open Character File.

The OBJD file showed the following:

GUID:           0x71F241C9
Orig. GUID:     0x6EAF4A2A
Fallback GUID:  0x71F241C9

I then went poking around other character files. It looked like each of them had a unique entry under "GUID". I figured this must be the GUID that helps the game tell Sims apart.

By contrast, the majority of characters shared the same code for "Orig. GUID", and also "Fallback GUID". (There were a few exceptions; I figured those must be NPCs I mistakenly browsed even though I was trying to avoid them.) So what I tried with my cheerleader was changing those two values to match the others; and so:

GUID:           0x71F241C9
Orig. GUID:     0x7FD96B54
Fallback GUID:  0x7FD96B54

I then fired up the game. Good news: my cheerleader is there, hasn't been reset, works properly when playable, and the Llama outfit has disappeared from her list of change clothes option (before it had shown up in the pie menu as something like "Special 1").

Bad news: I then exited to the Neighborhood screen, opened a different lot, and teleport-shrubbed her in. She showed up in the Llama suit. Aaaack!

twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 17, 19:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am one of those "bad simmers"!!  Roll Eyes  I still have that cheerleader in Pleasantview!  The only way I was able to keep the costume off her in downtown lots, was to use an old mod by Dizzy called "Casual NPC's".  However, the only drawback was that it affected all NPC"s.  But it was better than having my sim, who I had made an owner of a clothing shop, show up as a manager in a llama suit.  While it looked funny, it didn't really look good, for a manager, lol!!

I will never, ever make a cheerleader playable again, too much hassle!!
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 17, 19:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it was better than having my sim, who I had made an owner of a clothing shop, show up as a manager in a llama suit.  While it looked funny, it didn't really look good, for a manager, lol!!

Wnat's wrong with that exactly?

I'd definitely be more likely to patronize a clothing shop if the manager showed up in a llama suit. Smiley

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 17, 20:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still use Causal NPCs, actually. The only thing you have to remember is to "dress" the streakers appropriately.  Wink

twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 17, 21:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  I figured some players would enjoy that, lmao.  I guess I'm too picky of a player, although it was hilarious looking, I like to see the faces of my sims!!  Grin

Thank you Dizzy, I was trying to remember something that happened with that mod, it was the streakers!! hilarious!!
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 18, 00:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's working now... (knock wood and whisper so the goombas don't hear). I replaced the original and fallback GUIDs with 0x7FD96B54 and deleted all the NPC entries in the character file. He shows up in game, he acts like a normal sim, and he appears on neighborhood and in community lots wearing regular clothes. I'm waiting for the explosion...

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 18, 00:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's working now... (knock wood and whisper so the goombas don't hear). I replaced the original and fallback GUIDs with 0x7FD96B54 and deleted all the NPC entries in the character file. He shows up in game, he acts like a normal sim, and he appears on neighborhood and in community lots wearing regular clothes. I'm waiting for the explosion...

The true test is bringing forth a cow mascot. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: