More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:54:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm  (Read 234163 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Life Stories CEP (Updated 2008/09/13)
« Reply #50 on: 2008 August 12, 15:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Life Stories CEP

LS Objects Recolors by Numenor & MaryLou, modified to be compatible with Argon's version

Put LS CEP in the same folder as ls-buy.bundle.package, whether in Downloads, Bins or Store folder. LS CEP must be loaded after ls-buy.bundle.package. (Hence the z prefix in the filename.)
If you put ls-buy.bundle.package into Bins or Store folder, but put LS CEP in your Downloads folder, the default colors of LS objects which were made recolorable by LS CEP will bear custom star.

To make new recolors of LS objects in SimPE, you have to load ls-buy.bundle.package and LS CEP into SimPE. Make sure that LS CEP is loaded after ls-buy.bundle.package, as shown below.

Known issue: The recolors of Reward Leather Sofa are somewhat wonky. Because the two recolorable subsets of reward sofa (cushion and frame) share one TXMT, both MMATs will be created with the same family GUID by default. Even if you fix the GUID manually, applying recolors with the design tool is a bit wonky, i.e. another recolor being automatically selected. But once selected, recolors will stay selected, so it's not really a show-stopper. Just a bit inconvenient. Resolved in the new version.

2008-09-13: Fixed the issue with wonky Reward Leather Sofa recolors. New recolors will be created properly, each subset having its own TXMT.

@Havelock: I remembered that you made a recolorable version of LS coffeemaker last year, along with a couple of recolors.
Would you please convert dark grey color (the default color in your version) as a separate recolor package? Grin

* LdDarcy_CEP_Stories_20080913.rar (8.05 KB - downloaded 2120 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 06:57:17 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Life Stories CEP
« Reply #51 on: 2008 August 12, 21:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the LS-CEP Lord Darcy.

@Havelock: I remembered that you made a recolorable version of LS coffeemaker last year, along with a couple of recolors.
Would you please convert dark grey color (the default color in your version) as a separate recolor package? Grin

I have made it short after Argon provided the Buy.bundle. I have added both recolors in a zip so all could get them.

* LS_riley_coffeemaker_recolors.rar (45.16 KB - downloaded 1481 times.)
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Proper Life Stories conversions (Freetime) *up7 8-11-08 12:19pm
« Reply #52 on: 2008 August 14, 18:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the LS guitar included in this bundle? Do I need to kill it with fire in SimPE?

Because after determining that it was either Atavera's custom instruments of awesome or the LS mediocre guitar,  I pulled ls_guitarplay and your instruments by proxy GUID hack. Now, no one can dance while someone is playing the base game piano without freezing and then resetting both player and dancer. No error log is generated. Dancing to music and dance animations seem fine.
When trying to delete the guitar in game, with no instruments at all on the lot, I get this:

What do I need to do to make this guitar GTFO?

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 August 14, 20:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the LS guitar included in this bundle? Do I need to kill it with fire in SimPE?

Yes it's included, you can either make your own hider or ignore it. No globals are modified in the LS bundle, so whatever is causing your problems, it's not the guitar.

after determining that it was either Atavera's custom instruments of awesome or the LS mediocre guitar,  I pulled ls_guitarplay and your instruments by proxy GUID hack.

Atavera's hack has not been updated for Freetime, so it's highly like there will be a BFBVFS with instruments since they added some with this EP. Not all the required references to the instruments in the instrument globals and band controller were changed by Atavera, I'm just guessing he stopped when it looked like it was working.

ETA: ls_guitarplay is meant for Atavera's hack, not mine. Do not mix and match. RTFM on page 1.

Now, no one can dance while someone is playing the base game piano without freezing and then resetting both player and dancer. No error log is generated. Dancing to music and dance animations seem fine.

Most likely culprit is tight pants or hack conflict, it works fine for me.

When trying to delete the guitar in game, with no instruments at all on the lot, I get this:

image snipped

What do I need to do to make this guitar GTFO?

You're using a LS object on the lot and you can't get delete it because everything is in one file.

Side note: the reason other custom instruments blow up with instrument by proxy guid hack is likely because the init bhav makes reference to a non-existant bcon ("custom instrument" category) in Atavera's hack or because they changed the reference to the original EAxis instrument that it was cloned from. If you absolutely can't live without an instrument, I can see about updating it to work with that.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 14, 23:06:43 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 August 15, 00:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah-- thank you very much, Argon.

Very good to know that it's working in your game, because I can sniff elsewhere now. In fact, being that the hack itself hasn't been updated for Freetime, and they added that synthesizer, it only makes sense that the code has changed. It's odd that it is only the base-game piano and any of Atavera's instruments. I'll load up my test hood later with just Atavera's hack and see if the base game piano is still resetting. I wouldn't be surprised if it is simply that.

They change the code on the base-game piano with every patch, and I know this was working with patch one-- so I immediately suspected the LS guitar because it was the only thing I'd added recently.

ETA: ls_guitarplay is meant for Atavera's hack, not mine. Do not mix and match. RTFM on page 1.
Well, I'm embarrassed enough as it is, but I will say that I mentioned in a different post that I did RTFM. But being less stupid than I seem is hardly consoling.

Side note: the reason other custom instruments blow up with instrument by proxy guid hack is likely because the init bhav makes reference to a non-existant bcon ("custom instrument" category) in Atavera's hack or because they changed the reference to the original EAxis instrument that it was cloned from. If you absolutely can't live without an instrument, I can see about updating it to work with that.

It's just the acoustic guitar and the contrabass. The rest are for guitar virtuosos, but anyone who wants music in a hood set in the past has to stick with the violin-- before we didn't even have that. I don't want to give you any more work than I already have, though.

I'll report back in this post the results of my test with nothing but Atavera's hack and the base game piano.

ETA: Either my core files are corrupted,  or Atavera's custom instrument hack causes dancing to stop working on the base-game piano in Patch three, Freetime. Little to no chance that anyone noticed but me.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 August 15, 05:51:10 by Kazzandra » Logged
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 August 15, 21:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i was just wondering if you were planning on doing Pet Stories & Castaways Stories too?  Smiley

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 August 16, 07:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably do the Pet Stories objects, but I don't think I'll do Castaway. Right now I'm trying to figure out how the track references work so I can add in the 2 radio stations from PS.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
titanicbrittanic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2008 August 27, 22:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for the awesome build set you included Smiley The sober colors are awesome. Just proves EAxis can make some decent wall coverings that actually make a statement without being gaudy XD

Any chance at a PS set by you, Argon? Ur textures are incredibly clear, especially in comparison to the first set I had Tongue
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 August 30, 07:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AL borked close grill lids  Angry
« Last Edit: 2008 September 01, 03:18:34 by knightguy » Logged

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 August 31, 21:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AL bonked close grill lids  Angry

I think you mean 'borked' lol.

Unless EAxis are furnies.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 01, 03:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oops

haha we won't get into what Eaxis are...   Roll Eyes

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 11, 14:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached AL update for LS stereo and TV. It must be loaded after ls-buy.bundle.package.
Contains only some new or updated BCONs/BHAVs, as AL added no new visible functions to TVs and stereos.

Elders can watch LS TV while lounging on the sofa. It's actually an EAxian bug which affects all 2-tiled TVs, because EAxis forgot to enable "Watch - Sofa Subqueue" for Elders in TTAB. You can reuse TTAB included in my AL update to fix your main FT package, as AL did not change anything in TV TTAB.

While writing the guide to update custom bars to OFB, I stupidly forgot to reassign the slot id for one side of bar, resulting in wonky animation. I updated my guide to fix this issue. Could you please fix OBJDs of LS bar in your main package?

[OBJD]

Object Data (OBJD) -> Select the one with (0,0) at the end of Filename -> Raw Data -> Select Decimal

06. Mesh & Graphics -> 0x004D: footprint mask -> change 257 to -1
 09. Data Space -> 0x003B: number of object arrays -> change 0 to 1
 11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106

Select the one with (1, 0) at the end of Filename (Decimal)

06. Mesh & Graphics -> 0x004D: footprint mask -> change 257 to -1
 07. Resource cross-refs -> 0x0014: slots id -> change 128 to 129
 11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106

Select the main OBJD

11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106 (Decimal)

Commit and Save.

AL borked close grill lids  Angry
ls closegrill.package works fine in my game.

* LdDarcy_LS_AL_Update.zip (1.12 KB - downloaded 4319 times.)

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 11, 16:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I put the LS buy package in the ...Apartment Life/TS Data/Res/Bins folder and put your update (I'm assuming) into my downloads folder, how do I make sure it loads after the ls bundle package?  I'm assuming (yet again) that the items included in the program files are loaded first, and then the stuff in the documents folder is loaded?  If that's the case, then I'm probably okay.  If that's not the case, then should I add a "z" to the name of your fix?

I just unzipped the files and noticed you already have your files labeled with a "z".  Ignore the stupidity, please.   Embarrassed

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 11, 17:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming (yet again) that the items included in the program files are loaded first, and then the stuff in the documents folder is loaded? 
That is correct. Stuff in Downloads folder is loaded the last. If you put LS buy package in Bins, you can put AL update (or Argon's LS optional like closegrill) in Downloads folder. The z prefix is only there for people who put LS package in Downloads folder.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 12, 00:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I've been so late it getting around to updating this. I've been working on cleaning out the junk files, apparently some University textures that are in LS got copied over to the build package. Quite a few meshes and unused textures in the buy mode stuff too.

Things to look forward to: more linked textures, lights, meshes, missing mesh group and texture on the espresso machine fixed, lightened shadows on the baliwood sofas, and non-global solution for the coffee machine motive bonus (also adjusted to account for the motive bar difference between the real game and LS; less cheaty!).

If Havelock's around, the bar has an unused mesh group.

ETA: New version uploaded
« Last Edit: 2008 September 12, 03:30:27 by Argon » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 12, 16:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Havelock's around, the bar has an unused mesh group.

I have two versions for you. Rewardbar has only removed unused mesh group and Rewardbar_insideshadow has now restored the shadows caused by bottles and glasses, use the one you like most.

Edit: Argon sims put coffee cup on coffee tables or endtables after drinking is finished no longer in dishwasher.

Edit2: removed attachment
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 15:34:29 by Havelock » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Proper Life Stories conversions (FT and AL) *up8 9-11-08 8:26pm
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 12, 23:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops that was an oversight on my part, I forgot about Pescado's coffeecuphack. Also I'll probably use the inside shadow one if that's how the rest of the bars are.

Here's the fix for now, I'll probably integrate it with the next update, I've just got a class in a few minutes.

* ls-coffeecuphack.7z (0.72 KB - downloaded 5505 times.)

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 13, 04:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon, here are the screenshots for the objects.  If I missed any, or included anything that I shouldn't have, please let me know.

LS Screenshots

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 13, 07:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for fixing various issues, including the one about unstable Reward Sofa recolors. I updated LS CEP to reflect the change.

LS CEP is posted in this post.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 13, 08:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I'll probably use the inside shadow one if that's how the rest of the bars are.

The base Game Bars have a shadow inside the Bar and some EP Bars also but not all of them because EAxis got lazy sometimes. And i have attached a better one in my previous post.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 13, 09:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, Havelock you're referencing material definitions that no longer exist in FT8.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 13, 10:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Restored the broken state FX for LS reward TV. Adjusted the FX slot height to make smoke and spark come out of TV outlet on the back panel.

ETA: Modified the slot position slightly, so that FX will not be eated by TV mesh. Please redownload.

* LdDarcy_LSRewardTVRepairFXFix.rar (2.14 KB - downloaded 1364 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 14, 06:31:08 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 13, 15:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, Havelock you're referencing material definitions that no longer exist in FT8.

Sorry Argon must have used the wrong bundle. Fixed redownload please.

* Rewardbar_insideshadow.rar (44.32 KB - downloaded 996 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 15:36:22 by Havelock » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 14, 06:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I modified the slot position of TV repair FX slightly, so that FX will not be eated by TV mesh. Please redownload, sorry for the inconvenience.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 14, 17:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get a copy of ls_guitarplay?  I don't want to have to hack all my existing custom instruments just so I can use this one guitar.  ><

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: