More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:36:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updating CC for FT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating CC for FT  (Read 157623 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Updating CC for FT
« Reply #50 on: 2008 March 19, 17:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached required resources for updating trash compactors. Compost/Tinkering enabled.

What do you do when the Instances don't match? In the zip file it contains 3 different BHAVs but the only one that matches any on my custom trash compactor is the one that ends in 00001005 what do i do with the ones that end in letters, they don't seem to exist in the file.

Right-click on Resource List window to add them.

LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 March 19, 17:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right-click on Resource List window to add them.

Great, thanks!
Nannie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 March 27, 08:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all so much for the good advices.
Most of my gates, computers and bookcases are working now with FreeTime.
Is there also some solution for my custom bathtubs for Pets?
I have asked some creators but they did not answer me.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 March 27, 10:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there also some solution for my custom bathtubs for Pets?
I have asked some creators but they did not answer me.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to update pre-Pets custom tubs. I can't provide updater packages for custom tubs like I did for other kind of objects. For custom tubs, you have to update CRES, which is unique in each custom object. Basically, you have to make a fresh clone of each custom tub with the exactly same model name to get updated CRES.

Nannie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 March 27, 14:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your answer. I understand the problem.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Dishwashers
« Reply #55 on: 2008 March 28, 11:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached updated resources for dishwashers. Tinkering is enabled.

STR - Optional folder is only needed for those cloned from the cheap dishwasher, like Holy Simoly dishwasher. It changes sound to quieter one. You can tell whether it's cloned from cheap or expensive one by the Filename in Object Data. (Value - Cheap, Stainless - Expensive) If the creator changed Filename of Object Data to something else, look at the last string in soundinfo at Text Lists (STR#). (chp - Cheap, exp - Expensive)

* Dishwasher_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (3.39 KB - downloaded 1024 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:08:38 by Lord Darcy » Logged

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 March 29, 16:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off topic, but Lord Darcy is there any way you could post the needed resources for updating bookcases to work with OFB? I have some that I really want my sims to use in their businesses but they don't work properly.  Cry  Smiley
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Bookcases
« Reply #57 on: 2008 March 30, 01:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached required resources for updating bookcases to work with OFB business. Don't forget to edit OBJD as well to enable FT/AL functions. BCON was extracted from Colonial bookcase for more stock capacity. (10 books for cheap bookcases, 30 for expensive bookcases.)

How to update OBJD:

Object Data > RAW Data > Select Decimal

07. Resource cross-refs > Interaction Table ID  1 -> 3

Commit and save.

* Bookcase_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (2.6 KB - downloaded 1378 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 11, 12:58:46 by Lord Darcy » Logged

mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 March 30, 12:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so very much! I greatly appreciate you posting those.  Kiss  Grin
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 March 30, 15:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm attempting to update some of my custom beds so that they give more than 1 energy and 1 comfort. I know all the steps I have to complete in SimPE, however I'm coming unstuck when I try to work out what I need to change the values to inside the Tuning Sleep file. I tried looking at a couple of custom beds that say they are energy 7 and energy 10 in the actual catalogue, but the numbers inside the Tuning Sleep file didn't seem to be consistant with this, nor did any of the other beds I looked at which supposedly had energy 1 or energy 4.

I have no idea how to check an actual Maxis made bed for the right numbers so would someone be able to tell me what the numbers actually are in an energy 8 bed? I'm looking to change lines 0x0, 0x1 and 0x2.

EDIT: Just though I better be clear. I know these numbers are not supposed to match the catalogue numbers (I'm not expecting them to be 7 or 8 or whatever) however the bed which supposedly had an 8 energy rating had a lower number than the beds with 4 and 10 energy ratings. I think the creators have updated the catelogue entry but not the tuning sleep file.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 30, 16:04:04 by Sivany » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 March 30, 16:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use my bed comfort/energy mod here.

Extract BCONs for Tuning - Sleep and Tuning - Relax from one of them. Comfort and energy were raised to match Medieval bed for all double beds, and Colonial single bed for all single beds. Replace BCONs in your custom beds with extracted resources. Change the value in OBJD for cosmetic purpose.

Never trust catalog ratings in custom beds. In most cases, only catalog value in OBJD was edited, which has no effect whatsoever in actual motive ratings. I hate the discrepancy between catalog value and the actual ratings.

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 March 31, 21:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First - thank you everyone who posted tips here - I've now updated my bookcases, computers and Fridges! 

I'm wondering though I have a CC microscope that I downloaded from the sims graveyard that gives you logic.  It appears as if it was cloned off a telescope.  It currently does not give science enthusiasm.  Anyone able to give a quick easy Sim PE update so that it would give Science enthusiasm? I'm pretty much a Newb when it comes to SimPE so hopefully it would just be something easy to change?
bamwifey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 April 05, 00:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be being really dense, but I can't change my CC bookcases.  I open the package in Simpe, change the 'interaction table ID' to 3, but when I commit and save, nothing happens, and when I try to close, I get a message asking me if I want to save, when I've already done that.  And the text in the resource list is in italics from the moment I open the file, before I've done anything, which definitely suggests it's not working right
   So, as the easy way isn't working, can anyone tell me how to find out which Maxis bookcase my CC ones are cloned from?  I read earlier in this thread that you can use the 'open by GUID' button in Object workshop, but I can't see that button. 
   Someone help! I feel dim.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2008 April 06, 22:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Worships LordDarcy
I have some really nice CC bars, that I cant use for my themed restaurants, as they are made from bars from the basegame.. would it be very difficult to update them to have the functions of bars after NL (tend bar, bartender on community lots)?
I have tried to do this with no good results a while back..
bamwifey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 April 07, 03:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I figured out 'the not being able to work on things in Simpe' thing (see post before last for my weird rambling rant).  For some reason, I can't work on a package in Simpe if I open it in Object Workshop, but I can if I scan folders and then open it up from there.  Weird huh?  And now all my computers, stereos and bookcases work like Lord Darcy's dreams.
   Anyway, I was now wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what bits to replace if I want to update my CC showers so I can tinker with them?  Oh, and phones  Roll Eyes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Video Game Consoles
« Reply #65 on: 2008 April 07, 17:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I update a custom game station (wii, xbox, etc) so that sims would gain enthusiasm while playing it?

Custom video game console is a tricky object to update, as they have modified custom BHAVs to link the main console system to its own controller. As those custom BHAVs contain outdated pre-FT code, you cannot gain hobby enthusiasm from custom consoles. The Instance numbers of custom BHAVs can be different for each custom console, and some BHAVs contain GUID of custom console itself, so I can't provide an updater package which can be universally applied to all custom consoles.

This is the closest that I can get to the universal updater package.

Custom video game consoles often come in 2 separate packages, one for main console system and the other for controllers.

1. Open main console system file in SimPE.

2. Add 2 BHAVs in System/BHAV folder as usual, if they are missing from your custom console. Consoles cloned from later EPs already have those 2 BHAVs. Though it doesn't hurt to replace them anyway.

3. Open BHAV-VideoGame_System.package in another SimPE.

4. In your custom console, look for BHAV named "Interaction - Play". In Plugin View, look for the lines starting with [private...].  In most cases it would be located in 0xD (13). Select it, and copy OpCode.

5. Switch to the second SimPE with BHAV-VideoGame_System.package, select the matching BHAV, and go to the same line you just looked for. Set OpCode the same as your custom console. Commit.

6. Extract the edited BHAV, and replace "Interaction - Play" BHAV in your custom console with extracted resource.

7. Repeat the same process for the "Controllers - Drop Controller".  In most cases you have to edit OpCode of 0x28 and 0x29. Save.

8. Open controller file in SimPE, and replace OBJf as usual.

9. Open BHAV-VideoGame_Controller.package in another SimPE. Edit the GUID in BHAV to match the GUID of main system file of your custom console. Remember that you have to enter GUID backwards.
Sometimes the creator may have forgotten to fix GUIDs in other 2 self-referencing custom BHAVs (Interaction - Dispose - TEST and Interaction - Put Away - TEST), resulting in unusable controllers. Make sure they match the GUID of main system file of custom console as well.

10. Extract the resource and add it to the controller file. Adjust Instance number if required, to avoid conflict with the existing BHAVs.

Unlike Maxis console, custom video game consoles purchased from OFB business won't come with their own controllers. You can sell them to customers, but they will go to customer's inventory without its own controllers. I couldn't find a workaround for it yet.

* VideoGame_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (4.44 KB - downloaded 929 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:16:12 by Lord Darcy » Logged

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 April 09, 01:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that does seem hard. I've never dealt with BHAV's & all, so I was kinda hoping for an easy fix like the bookshelf. Thanks for the info though! Maybe when I get more gutsy with SimPE I'll try it out.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Showers
« Reply #67 on: 2008 April 25, 07:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A rather tardy update, as I was busy cleaning up Kitchen crap mess these days.

Ok, I figured out 'the not being able to work on things in Simpe' thing (see post before last for my weird rambling rant).  For some reason, I can't work on a package in Simpe if I open it in Object Workshop, but I can if I scan folders and then open it up from there.  Weird huh?

Why did you open it in Object Workshop in the first place? You're not supposed to open it from OW unless you're cloning an object. Open package files in the top menu or toolbar.

I was now wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what bits to replace if I want to update my CC showers so I can tinker with them?

Attached required files. Should work for any showers, cheap or expensive. Don't use it on showertubs.

Oh, and phones  Roll Eyes

As I'm using Pescado's phonehack, which seems to override all functions of both Maxis and custom phones, I'm not interested in updating custom phones themselves. If you have phonehack, all functions of custom phones will be automatically updated to the latest EP.

Edit: There is a new updater package for fridges in this post. Added missing 2 resources for fridges. They are not really vital, so you don't really have to reapply them to already updated fridges.

* Shower_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (3.76 KB - downloaded 933 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:17:12 by Lord Darcy » Logged

GrayDragonfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 April 25, 13:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Custom baby changing tables were missing Outerwear option ever since Seasons came out. Just replacing pie menus are not enough for changing tables, as BHAVs were updated/added. You have to replace some BHAVs, TTAB, TTAs, and some STR#. I've attached required files below. Find and replace all of them. You can find the correct resources by the last group of numbers in their filenames. One BHAV for Outerwear needs to be added, as it does not exist in pre-Seasons changing tables.

Most of custom objects can be updated by this way.

1. In one SimPE window, make a fresh clone of the object that your custom object is based on.
(If the creator changed OBJD arbitrarily, you can use "open by GUID" button in the Object Workshop with Fallback GUID.)
2. Open another SimPE, and load outdated custom object in there.
3. Compare these resources one by one.

BCON
BHAV
OBJD -> RAW Data -> Resource cross-refs -> Interaction Table ID
OBJf
TTAB
TTAs
SLOT
STR#

4. Extract updated resources from fresh clone, replace/add them to the custom object.

Once you extract updated resources and organize them by folder, you can reuse them for other custom objects based on the same Maxis object. Keep it mind that sometimes you can't reuse them for other similar objects. For example, you can't reuse pie menus of sofa for park bench.

Thanks Lord Darcy and eveyone else who helped for all the great info on updating for FT. I've updated all the files for FT; bookcase, computers, fridges, etc.

Now I'm trying to update the changing tables for SS. It's bugged me for a very long time that my CC tables didn't have the outerwear option and none of the creators have updated them. So thanks for giving us the tools to do this ourselves. Problem though, I'm somewhat confused...Go figure! I'm confused with having to compare the resources. All my changing tables were cloned from the sanitation station, so what am I looking for when I'm comparing the resources? And since I know they were cloned from the sanitation station do I still need to compare the resource files or can I just replace all the files? 

One thing I noticed in my comparison was 1 resource in BHAV was missing 0x00001025. So I assume that means I only need to add that file to the CC table, right...but do I still need to replace all the other resources that were included in the download for BHAV?
« Last Edit: 2008 April 25, 14:08:59 by GrayDragonfly » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2008 April 25, 14:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm trying to update the changing tables for SS. It's bugged me for a very long time that my CC tables didn't have the outerwear option and none of the creators have updated them. So thanks for giving us the tools to do this ourselves. Problem though, I'm somewhat confused...Go figure! I'm confused with having to compare the resources. All my changing tables were cloned from the sanitation station, so what am I looking for when I'm comparing the resources? And since I know they were cloned from the sanitation station do I still need to compare the resource files or can I just replace all the files?

No need to compare resources for changing tables yourself. I already did the dirty work and supplied the updated resources. Just replace/add resources included in the attachment. The above instruction is only a general guideline, in case you want to update other type of objects for which I didn't supply updater package.

One thing I noticed in my comparison was 1 resource in BHAV was missing 0x00001025. So I assume that means I only need to add that file to the CC table, right...but do I still need to replace all the other resources that were included in the download for BHAV?

Yes, missing BHAVs without matching Instance number need to be added, and existing BHAVs with matching Instance number need to be replaced. There is a short instruction in the second post on how to use the files I supplied.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 25, 19:15:56 by Lord Darcy » Logged

GrayDragonfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 April 25, 18:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I understand it now that you explained not having to compare. I guess the whole comparison thing included with the rest of the post had me confused but now I'm good. Yea!!...I'll finally have changing tables that work right!!  Grin
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for TVs
« Reply #71 on: 2008 May 07, 11:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated resources for AL are now available here.

======================================================

Attached updated resources for TVs. You have to pick the right type, depending on the Maxis TV from which your custom TV is cloned.
Also fixed the EAxian error which disabled watching while lounging on sofas for Elders in 2-tiled TVs.

• Television - Floor - Expensive: 2-tiled Floor TV
  • Television - Floor - Moderate: 1-tiled Floor TV
  • Television - Wall: 2-tiled Wall TV
  • Television - Wall - Tavern: 1-tiled Wall TV (NL)

How to remove "Pull Out" animations in custom TVs cloned from 2-tiled Floor TV

Sometimes the "Pull Out" animation of 2-tiled Floor TVs may not be suitable for custom TVs, resulting in wonky animation or misplaced TV after reparing/tinkering.

TVs have a line in "Function - Init" BHAV to determine whether they need to be pulled out for maintenance. I believe it's line 0x2. You need to change the value from 0x0000 ("Requires Pull Out") to 0x0001 ("No Pull Out").

Then you have to remove Anims - Adult (0x81) and Anims - Object (0x86) from Text Lists to keep the game from calling animations for pulling out TVs.

You have to sell and rebuy TV for it to pick up the change.

Also, you need this global mod to correct repair/tinker animation for all custom 2-tiled floor TVs that need to be pulled out for maintenance.
Repair Animation Fix for 2-tiled Floor TVs - Sims hold the screwdriver correctly

* CCUpdatedResources_TVs_FT_2009JAN05.rar (19 KB - downloaded 743 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 17:28:34 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Bars (Updated 2008/09/10)
« Reply #72 on: 2008 May 09, 12:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some really nice CC bars, that I cant use for my themed restaurants, as they are made from bars from the basegame.. would it be very difficult to update them to have the functions of bars after NL (tend bar, bartender on community lots)?

Lazy EAxis never bothered to update 3 base game bars ever since Uni came out. In addition to all pre-OFB custom bars, any custom bars cloned from these 3 base game bars lack NL/OFB features as well, even if they were cloned from the latest EP. I posted a fix for 3 base game bars here.

Updating custom bars is possible, but somewhat complicated. Like tubs, you have to update CRES, which is unique in each object.
I can't provide universal updater package that can be simply added/replaced with no editing involved.

This is the closest that I can get to the universal updater package.

============================================================
Download attached updater package.

[BCON / OBJf / SLOT / STR# / TTAB / TTAs]

Add missing resources, and replace existing resources as usual.

[BHAV]

As there are 35 BHAVs to add, it's faster to delete all existing BHAVs and add package.xml in BHAV folder, instead of adding all 35 BHAVs one by one.
Select all existing BHAVs and right-click to Delete. You have to set the file type to "All Files (*.*)" to add package.xml.

[OBJD]

Object Data (OBJD) -> Select the one with (0,0) at the end of Filename -> Raw Data -> Select Decimal

06. Mesh & Graphics -> 0x004D: footprint mask -> change 257 to -1
 09. Data Space -> 0x003B: number of object arrays -> change 0 to 1
 11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106

Select the one with (1, 0) at the end of Filename (Decimal)

06. Mesh & Graphics -> 0x004D: footprint mask -> change 257 to -1
 07. Resource cross-refs -> 0x0014: slots id -> change 128 to 129
 11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106

Select the main OBJD

11. Miscellaneous -> 0x004C: Select Sub-Category -> change 1 to 106 (Decimal)

Commit and Save.

[CRES]

CRES is unique in each object, so you have to edit template CRES yourself before you extract it.

1. Open your custom bar in one SimPE, and open Bar_CRES.package in another SimPE.
2. Select Resource Node (CRES) in each SImPE.
3. In custom bar SimPE, copy Filename under the Blocklist.
4. Switch to Bar_CRES, and paste Filename so that it matches your custom bar. Commit.
5. Select Content - cObjectGraphNode tab in each SimPE.
6. Edit the Filename of Bar_CRES to match your custom bar. Commit.
7. Select Reference tab in each SimPE. Select Shape line in each SimPE.
8. Edit Sub Type, Group and Instance of Bar_CRES to match your custom bar. Commit.
9. Extract edited CRES from Bar_CRES, and replace CRES in your custom bar with extracted resource.

Edit: This package can only be applied to the custom bars with only one SHPE. If there are two SHPEs or references to Lights, you should not apply this package.

Fixed the wrongly assigned slot problem in OBJD.

* Bar_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (35.24 KB - downloaded 758 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 10, 10:14:04 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2008 May 12, 01:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh!  Could somebody more awesome try to update the attached telescope for me, or explain how?  I tried to do it myself following Lord Darcy's directions, but it just made it unselectable.  :/  (Cheap telescope clone included in the .rar)

* Telescope.rar (415.04 KB - downloaded 588 times.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2008 May 12, 14:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh!  Could somebody more awesome try to update the attached telescope for me, or explain how?  I tried to do it myself following Lord Darcy's directions, but it just made it unselectable.  :/  (Cheap telescope clone included in the .rar)

Attached updated telescope. All new FT functions are enabled, and enthusiasm can be gained correctly.
The original telescope seems to be b0rked in the first place, as it threw out Invalid Constant error even for Stargaze and Look Through interactions. I also fixed b0rked Catalog Description. Not sure why it was borked, but it was edited by Sims 2 Categorizer. Removed useless duplicate shadow texture.
I couldn't add the flashlight beam for Summon Aliens interaction, as it requires editing animated mesh and I'm a total n00b at 3D meshing.

ETA: Found out how to fix clickable area in boned objects. Now clickable area is correctly assigned.
Flashlight beam mesh was added for Summon Aliens interaction. It's still a bit off, but it's the best that I could do. I hope a more experienced mesher could improve it.

Fixed pie menu strings in all non-English languages. Now "Watch for UFOs" will be correctly translated into all non-English languages.

I looked into your cheap Maxis telescope clone. Did you extract/replace STR#s from your clone? You have to uncheck "Pull Animations" at Object Workshop, otherwise STR#s will be linked to cloned custom animation files. I wasn't clear on this point in my directions, sorry for the confusion.

And thanks for reminding me Caravan stuff. I have some of their stuff, but apparently I missed this telescope. Looks very nice, though poly count is on the high side. Might be useful for medieval scientist Sims.

« Last Edit: 2008 August 23, 06:30:01 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: