More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:35:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updating CC for FT
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating CC for FT  (Read 157589 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Updating CC for FT
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 09, 06:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've been cussing a bit at things because I'm having a bit of difficulty updating my custom easels. I didn't want to replace all the BHAVs and BCONs, as they have their own GUIDs in order to pull the custom canvases, but looking through and trying to just copy over the new functions isn't working. Probably missing something stupid, as per usual.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 10, 10:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A small workaround for people who can not be bothered to change all their files manually and do not want to buy bookcases only to study parenting:

The option is not available when choosing a book from the bookcase, but if a sloppy sim leaves it on the floor there is the option to study parenting by clicking on the book.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 10, 18:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh clever workaround!  I'll pass that on!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Fridges
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 11, 12:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fridges need to be updated as well for new FT function of "Serve Platter", which becomes available only for Sims with enough enthusiasm in Cuisine hobby. Just replacing TTAB and TTAs will do the trick. Attached required files.

Edit: Added missing 2 resources for fridges. They are not really vital, so you don't really have to reapply them to already updated fridges.

* Fridge_UpdatedResources_FT_20080425.rar (8.41 KB - downloaded 1487 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:04:18 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 11, 23:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fridge file. I remember updating all my custom fridges when Season came out, guess it's time to do them all again.

I noticed today for the first time that none of my custom changing tables have the outerwear option, not sure why I never noticed this before but now it's bugging me. Is there an easy way to update them?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Baby Changing Tables
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 12, 13:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated resources for AL are now available here.

======================================================

I noticed today for the first time that none of my custom changing tables have the outerwear option, not sure why I never noticed this before but now it's bugging me. Is there an easy way to update them?

Custom baby changing tables were missing Outerwear option ever since Seasons came out. Just replacing pie menus are not enough for changing tables, as BHAVs were updated/added. You have to replace some BHAVs, TTAB, TTAs, and some STR#. I've attached required files below. Find and replace all of them. You can find the correct resources by the last group of numbers in their filenames. One BHAV for Outerwear needs to be added, as it does not exist in pre-Seasons changing tables.

Most of custom objects can be updated by this way.

1. In one SimPE window, make a fresh clone of the object that your custom object is based on. (Check Set Defaults)
If the creator changed OBJD arbitrarily, you can use "open by GUID" button in the Object Workshop with Fallback GUID.
2. Open another SimPE, and load outdated custom object in there.
3. Compare these resources one by one.

BCON
BHAV
OBJD -> RAW Data -> Resource cross-refs -> Interaction Table ID
OBJf
TTAB
TTAs
SLOT
STR#

4. Extract updated resources from fresh clone, replace/add them to the custom object.

Once you extract updated resources and organize them by folder, you can reuse them for other custom objects based on the same Maxis object. Keep it mind that sometimes you can't reuse them for other similar objects. For example, you can't reuse pie menus of sofa for park bench.

Edit: The above tutorial is only a general guideline. There are exceptions, especially complicated objects with lots of animations. Some objects require editing of CRES, and other values in OBJD.

* BabyChangingTable_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (12.4 KB - downloaded 950 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 17:30:56 by Lord Darcy » Logged

ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 13, 01:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, I have a question about the files you have supplied. None of them are labeled in anyway so how can we tell which ones they are? If we use the wrong one wouldnt that mess things up? Specifically the changing table ones. There are so many file going to so many places.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 13, 02:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take a look at one of the BHAV files for changing table.

42484156-00000000-FFFFFFFF-0000100C.simpe

The boldened part indicates the instance number. Select Behaviour Function (BHAV) in the Resource Tree, find and replace the matching resource in the Resource List window with the same instance number. If you select the "instance" tab in the Resource List window, you can sort resources by the instance number.

For TTAB and TTAs, there is only one resource for each, so there wiill be no room for confusion.

ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 13, 02:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok that is just more work then I am willing to put into changing tables. Its not like I have my sims take the little ones outside anyway. Now getting to set adult outerwear might be worth it.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 13, 02:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of custom objects can be updated by this way.

1. In one SimPE window, make a fresh clone of the object that your custom object is based on.
(If the creator changed OBJD arbitrarily, you can use "open by GUID" button in the Object Workshop with Fallback GUID.)
2. Open another SimPE, and load outdated custom object in there.
3. Compare these resources one by one.

BCON
BHAV
OBJD -> RAW Data -> Resource cross-refs -> Interaction Table ID
OBJf
TTAB
TTAs
SLOT
STR#

4. Extract updated resources from fresh clone, replace/add them to the custom object.

Once you extract updated resources and organize them by folder, you can reuse them for other custom objects based on the same Maxis object. Keep it mind that sometimes you can't reuse them for other similar objects. For example, you can't reuse pie menus of sofa for park bench.

Could time be saved by just going ahead and replacing those 8 resources and skip the comparing step? Most of the objects I need to update are all pre seasons objects anyways, so could I not just assume all 8 would need replacing anyways?.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 13, 16:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking about dumping most of my CC and speeding up my game.  I don't think I care enough about any of it to bother updating BHAVs.  I DL'd most of it when I had base game only and it provided much-needed alternatives to maxis items at the time.  I've already dumped a lot of it post Seasons and what is left is a pretty unbalanced set.  I'm going to ask myself some hard questions like "Do I still want rugs galore from Echo's meshes now we have OK rugs in game?" and see how close I can get to a CC free game.  Apart from clothes that is!!!    ....... Then I can go looking for things I actually want in a post-FT game. Grin

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 13, 16:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could time be saved by just going ahead and replacing those 8 resources and skip the comparing step? Most of the objects I need to update are all pre seasons objects anyways, so could I not just assume all 8 would need replacing anyways?

Well, that would be ok, except that some objects contains a helluva lot of BHAVs. For example, changing tables have 3 BCONs, 38 BHAVs, 10 STR#s. And you really should not just blindly replace all STR#s anyway, that could result in flashing blue objects.
So far as I know, Interaction Table ID of OBJDs need to be changed only for computers, bookcases and gates. In most cases it's not necessary.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 13, 16:32:34 by Lord Darcy » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 13, 19:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking about dumping most of my CC and speeding up my game.

I've been doing a bunch of that lately -- not because the game is slow, but I'm getting tired of scrolling through pages and pages of stuff I don't really use (mostly clothes, but there's a few objects too). Besides, 7 EPs and a couple of SPs, there's quite a bit of Maxis stuff that's fine now. Sim Wardrobes categorizer is really handy for this, as is jfades' wardrobe thingy.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 13, 20:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The in-game rugs don't play nice when you don't snap them to the grid...and I usually want mine off the grid. So I'm keeping my hundred or so rug files, thank you!

I cleaned awhile ago, then downloaded more makeup with a focus on costume make-up for my aliens (I give them a subtle facial tattoo at the teen stage). Now I need to clean again, because some of what I downloaded wasn't subtle enough and I don't feel like editing them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 13, 23:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I like the idea of those subtle facial tattoos!

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 16, 21:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I update a custom game station (wii, xbox, etc) so that sims would gain enthusiasm while playing it?
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 16, 23:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got round to finding my custom computer and attempting to update the interaction tables. When I went into the first one the number was 80, rather than the 128 I was expecting. I thought this was odd so I just changed that one to 129 and loaded up the game. When I went into the lots and houses bin all the icons were red and white lines and then my entire computer immediately crashed. I changed the number back to 80 reloaded the game and everything worked fine.

Is this just a coincidence? I can't see how changing one custom computer would make the game crash when I entered the lots and houses bin but my game take so long to load even without any CC that I don't want to have to run tests if I can help it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 March 17, 00:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got round to finding my custom computer and attempting to update the interaction tables. When I went into the first one the number was 80, rather than the 128 I was expecting. I thought this was odd so I just changed that one to 129 and loaded up the game.
Is this just a coincidence?

No, user error.  If you look up in top right of that window, you'll see that SimPe defaults to hex numbers, and 80 in hex = 128 decimal.  So you either need to switch it to decimal, or change it to 81. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 March 17, 01:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a mod, but how about if someone updates the sims2 database?
I think open for business was it's last update.
I also think it's maker has stopped working on it.
It is a useful program.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 March 17, 12:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got round to finding my custom computer and attempting to update the interaction tables. When I went into the first one the number was 80, rather than the 128 I was expecting. I thought this was odd so I just changed that one to 129 and loaded up the game.
Is this just a coincidence?

No, user error.  If you look up in top right of that window, you'll see that SimPe defaults to hex numbers, and 80 in hex = 128 decimal.  So you either need to switch it to decimal, or change it to 81. Smiley

Thanks! I can't believe it was something so simple. I just didn't think of that because when I followed the instructions for the bookcases the numbers must have already been in hex. I still find it weird that opening the lots and houses bin was the thing that cause it all to crash but I guess that's the sims for you.
strlght
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 March 18, 22:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a simpler way to update computer. Like bookcase, just changing the Object Data is enough in FT. No need to extract and replace pie menu.

Object Data > RAW Data > Interaction Table ID 128 -> 129. Commit and save.

Would this work to update Monique's hacked computer? Without causing problems with the shopping and banking and all the extra features s/he added?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 March 19, 02:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a simpler way to update computer. Like bookcase, just changing the Object Data is enough in FT. No need to extract and replace pie menu.

Object Data > RAW Data > Interaction Table ID 128 -> 129. Commit and save.

Would this work to update Monique's hacked computer? Without causing problems with the shopping and banking and all the extra features s/he added?

Unfortunately, no -- I tried it.  It has the opposite effect -- some of her options disappear.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
Updated Resources for Trash Compactors
« Reply #47 on: 2008 March 19, 06:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached required resources for updating trash compactors. Compost/Tinkering enabled.

* TrashCompactor_UpdatedResources_FT.rar (6.38 KB - downloaded 1082 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:10:20 by Lord Darcy » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 March 19, 13:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached required resources for updating trash compactors. Compost/Tinkering enabled.

Cool!  I have a Holy Simoley compactor I use a lot, but they're never quick on updating their appliances for new EPs.  Tongue

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 March 19, 17:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you do when the Instances don't match? In the zip file it contains 3 different BHAVs but the only one that matches any on my custom trash compactor is the one that ends in 00001005 what do i do with the ones that end in letters, they don't seem to exist in the file.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: