More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:49:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bork List: Freetime Ed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bork List: Freetime Ed.  (Read 333859 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Bork List: Freetime Ed.
« Reply #525 on: 2008 March 19, 15:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fifth-gen first-born is Tinkering and had the toddler table. He was maxed on mechanical two days before transitioning to child. Quite odd for one of my sims: I typically don't have them focus on skilling at all and just let them play with anything (except the toilet) or follow people around all day. He also spent a good amount of time hugging and beating on Teddy, so it truly was only about a day of time skilling.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2008 March 19, 16:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I typically don't have them focus on skilling at all and just let them play with anything (except the toilet) or follow people around all day. He also spent a good amount of time hugging and beating on Teddy, so it truly was only about a day of time skilling.

God!  I should do that.  Sounds so much more relaxing than my current obsessive "toddlers must skill at all possible toys at all times" approach.

OK, 007 will be a laissez faire toddler (which means he'll max out mechanical, 'cos he'll spend his little life at the table).

Tribulatio proxima est
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #527 on: 2008 March 19, 23:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed some frustrating issues with the toddler blocks-and-drawing table. It overrides every other action that is queued--including potty training! Actually, that is a greater issue overall now...previously my queuing "potty train xxx" would make the toddler stop what he/she was doing. Not anymore, but the table is the worst stompinator. I have to x out the toddler action and wait until the action has completely finished (icon has disappeared) before I can direct the adult to potty train.

I have not had the stompination effect with the blocks/drawing table, but it does advertise heavily, and takes a long time to cancel.  My toddlers all run for it, across the house if necessary, avoiding any other toys they might have.  The table is like sandcastle building - takes a long time to end the activity to start something like "learn to talk", so that by the time the toddler puts the damn blocks away, the parent has decided to go watch the waves or play SSX or something else, cancelling the "teach to talk" action.  The toddler then immediately goes back to the table.  Mind you, my toddlers all seem to be high in mechanical and creativity skills now.

Okay, I've never tried this before and have no idea whether it will work.  But if I understood the info I found correctly, this should make the toddler table a little less attractive.  Anyone want to try it out and tell me whether it helps?

* AD_LessAttractiveToddlerTable.rar (0.35 KB - downloaded 283 times.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: 2008 March 20, 00:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I must be super lucky with the activity table, as the kids/toddlers have been fairly meh about it. I mean it's been interesting, but in the one house nothing was cooler than the doll house, and in the other, the toddler was far more interested in dancing if he could.  The child in the second house kept rolling lemonade wants, which was refreshing, and totally unrelated to her nature oth. Wink

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2008 March 20, 00:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and didn't see this bug listed yet (it IS listed on one of the bug threads on the BBS):

There are ZERO locals doing their dance on vacation lots.  I max-motived for three Sim days, going from lot to lot, and no one ever danced, thus my Sims couldn't learn the dance.  I don't know if this was the case before FT or not.

I've heard that an instructor can teach the dances to you on the secret lot, so there's a workaround, but it's pretty annoying, nonetheless.

I have antivacationactions and vacationfixes, so I don't know if those are doing anything to prevent it or not.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2008 March 20, 03:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem intermittently since BV came out. It drives me insane. My simple workaround is just to make a local selectable and then start them dancing. I do the same for the gestures, if I can't get my stupid Sim to cancel out of whatever they are doing before the local times out from trying to greet them. If you never saw this happen before, you were just lucky.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2008 March 20, 06:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem intermittently since BV came out. It drives me insane. My simple workaround is just to make a local selectable and then start them dancing. I do the same for the gestures, if I can't get my stupid Sim to cancel out of whatever they are doing before the local times out from trying to greet them. If you never saw this happen before, you were just lucky.

Honestly, I haven't put my Sims on vacation more than three times, so I didn't notice.  I thought I was doing something wrong until I saw someone else had the problem.
I've used L & D, but to be sure, I shift-click the local, right?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2008 March 20, 08:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, with the testing cheat on, shift-click the local and choose Make Selectable. When you're done, you can shift-click and Make Unselectable

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2008 March 20, 15:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to do that when my Takemizu locals refused to interact with my playables AT ALL. They'd beeline to each other, do the greeting, and ignore my sims.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2008 March 21, 00:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody else getting disappearing tombstones?

It seems like the same bug that happened with Uni. I think the issue was that if you exited a lot while a ghost was out and about, their tombstone would disappear. It was either that, or doing anything that caused a reset while ghosts were out haunting. I can't remember which one caused it (the latter makes most sense since this started immediately upon me installing FT), but...

Anyone?

I know how to respawn tombstones and fix them and all, but it's annoying as all get out.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 21, 00:22:43 by buddha pest » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2008 March 21, 01:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one disappear, right after loading the game up after installing FT. I didn't feel comfortable reporting it, though, as I couldn't recall if Arianna's ghost had been out and about at the time or not, and didn't notice it was gone until her son died.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2008 March 21, 03:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to move several tombstones to a community lot, and they've all disappeared. Very frustrating...I LIKE having cemeteries.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2008 March 21, 04:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've never tried this before and have no idea whether it will work.  But if I understood the info I found correctly, this should make the toddler table a little less attractive.  Anyone want to try it out and tell me whether it helps?

Thanks, Amber! I've downloaded and will get back to you on how it's working.  Smiley

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2008 March 21, 04:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that I think about it? I believe Lola Singles' tombstone disappeared the second time I loaded up the Singles lot since installing Free Time.

So it could just be happening any time a lot is exited with a ghost out...which is a bit distressing.

Kristen Singles was gone the first time, and Lola the second time.

Way back when Uni came out, I lost pretty much every grave on Olive Specter's lot.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: 2008 March 21, 08:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you saved while ghosts were out and about and then installed something new, the reset will nuke those ghosts.  Provided you have nounlinkondelete, you can respawn them.    I could have sworn I read that on MATY somewhere, but I can't find it!  Roll Eyes  The only person I can find to quote is myself which isn't exactly convincing.....

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8157.0.html

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2008 March 21, 15:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you saved while ghosts were out and about and then installed something new, the reset will nuke those ghosts.
Yeah, I have nounlinkondelete and all that crap. I know how to respawn them.

I just haven't seen this happen since Uni.

I don't exit the lot at a certain time of day like some people, so surely I would have seen this happen upon installing every EP and patch to date.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2008 March 21, 21:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way back when Uni came out, I lost pretty much every grave on Olive Specter's lot.

Unfortunately this has happened to me. Respawning them is one thing, but when's there's tons of graves to respawn...
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2008 March 21, 21:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you respawn them? I unfortunately lost my legacy founder and her husband's graves when I moved houses. Is the only way resurrect with Bone Phone -> kill with boolprop? I just hate doing it that way because everyone gets upset again, and gets new death memories, and gets inheritances again.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2008 March 22, 00:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you respawn them? I unfortunately lost my legacy founder and her husband's graves when I moved houses. Is the only way resurrect with Bone Phone -> kill with boolprop? I just hate doing it that way because everyone gets upset again, and gets new death memories, and gets inheritances again.

Pause the game and use a teleporter and summon the deceased to the lot. With testingcheats enabled, shift-click on the deceased Sim and make him/her selectable, then shift-click on the lot debugger and choose the respawn tombstone option. Make another Sim active, shift-click on the deceased again and make him/her unselectable again. Unpause the game and the deceased should fade away and be replaced by a shiny new tombstone.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2008 March 22, 03:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pause the game and use a teleporter and summon the deceased to the lot. With testingcheats enabled, shift-click on the deceased Sim and make him/her selectable, then shift-click on the lot debugger and choose the respawn tombstone option. Make another Sim active, shift-click on the deceased again and make him/her unselectable again. Unpause the game and the deceased should fade away and be replaced by a shiny new tombstone.

I tried this with both sims, and neither left a tombstone. I followed your steps to the letter, so I'm not sure what went wrong. Guess I'll go back to the Bone Phone for now.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: 2008 March 22, 08:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you saved while ghosts were out and about and then installed something new, the reset will nuke those ghosts.
Yeah, I have nounlinkondelete and all that crap. I know how to respawn them.

I just haven't seen this happen since Uni.

I don't exit the lot at a certain time of day like some people, so surely I would have seen this happen upon installing every EP and patch to date.

I've known simmers had this happen after installing various post-Uni EPs, so I think it's always been around.  You just got lucky I think.  Though if I lost all my ghosts, I'd avoid saving when they were out consiously or subconsciously!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2008 March 22, 13:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit a possible FT bork last night -- womrat cages.  The first lot I played with an existing cage, the womrat was frozen in place, and the maid got stuck in a loop trying to clean it.  No one could interact with the cage at all, even after forcing an error on it.  Had to delete the cage completely.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2008 March 22, 17:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims are all obsessed with "It"s Snowing."  I have antiweatherreaction loaded.  Any suggestions?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2008 March 22, 18:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but plenty of sympathy. It's not stomping queues, which is great, but it's incessant.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2008 March 22, 20:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately this has happened to me. Respawning them is one thing, but when's there's tons of graves to respawn...
The funny thing about it was...I don't think I had played Strangetown much prior to installing Uni, so for the longest time, I didn't even realize that there were supposed to be 90 squillion graves on that lot.

I just thought the old bat had a big, weird, empty yard.

At any rate, I suppose you all are right, and I've just been lucky not to have seen this bug in so long. Or it's a bit random?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: