More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 10:16:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 238346 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #75 on: 2008 May 01, 07:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, though, any object bigger than 1 megabyte better be something truly spectacular.

I looked into SimWardrobe's Fish Packing Station with SimPE. The reason it's so bloated is that it contains too many redundant texture files. Each package contains identical texture for box, and identical clone of each fish texture. File size could have been considerably smaller if Repository technique was used, and it pulled fish textures from the game file itself.

I still love this station, especially for OFB fish market business. But it's not quite the same as Fruitbowl. Sometimes I want to chuck all fishes in just one click without going through packing animation.

Cordelia
Asinine Airhead

Yeah, Yeah, Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 May 01, 17:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like something that allows killing children and toddlers in some other way, not only by fire.I aslo want something to cause diseases to all age groups, as well as pets. And maybe, when 3 kids of a family are adopted by different families, they keep brothers. It's just mad this way.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 01, 17:46:57 by Cordelia » Logged

If you're smart enough to judge me, try to walk above the water.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 May 02, 02:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Bribe .. option. Like Influence, but costing money instead of influence points.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 May 02, 03:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the random death that was being talked about in the lifespan changey thread, and I also wouldn't mind random disease-y type death and yeah.  Sort of like Autonomous Casual Romance, with adjustable odds and stuff, but for death.  And perhaps it could even modify entire lifespans based on something more random than Eaxis's way, or even deal out chronic, lifespan shortening diseases.

I WANT DEATH. Cheesy
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 May 02, 03:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too! Because I just can't get enough death!  Grin
Srly.
That would be pretty cool. One step closer to better Sim relations.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 May 02, 04:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about decimate neighborhood?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,72.0.html

This feature makes me excited because the word "decimate" is actually used correctly.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 May 02, 16:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But where's the suffering, Assmitten? Where? And why can't I struggle to keep the ones I love alive, like with sickness? I want to cry moar, dammit!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 May 02, 16:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But where's the suffering, Assmitten? Where? And why can't I struggle to keep the ones I love alive, like with sickness? I want to cry moar, dammit!

I have nothing for you. You could build a torture pit like I have, I suppose.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 May 02, 16:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is realistic sickness http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8062.0.html safe for Free Time? I pulled it when I installed Bon Voyage and have really missed it. I actually had to pay attention to people coming home sick instead of just going (eh, they'll get over it. Now who needs to piss?).
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 May 02, 16:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the random death that was being talked about in the lifespan changey thread, and I also wouldn't mind random disease-y type death and yeah.  Sort of like Autonomous Casual Romance, with adjustable odds and stuff, but for death.  And perhaps it could even modify entire lifespans based on something more random than Eaxis's way, or even deal out chronic, lifespan shortening diseases.

I WANT DEATH. Cheesy

Oh, yes, so much!! What's the point of my royalty sims having a spare heir if the heir's not gonna die till they've already had grandkids anyway? Where's the dynastic infighting gonna be if everyone always survives? Tongue
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2008 May 02, 18:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about decimate neighborhood?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,72.0.html

This feature makes me excited because the word "decimate" is actually used correctly.

That would be great if you wanted to simulate a disaster, but a really good overarching death mod that would change lifespans, or assign chronic diseases is definitely not going to even feel the same.  Decimate works instantly, after all.  I want sims dropping dead at middle age (sudden heart attack or similar), or accidentally getting killed in car crashes, or even dying in childbirth.

And one with adjustable odds would be perfect for people playing period hoods.  I don't play them myself, but I can understand how cool it would be to set accurate percentages for infant death or death in childbirth.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 May 02, 18:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great if you wanted to simulate a disaster, but a really good overarching death mod that would change lifespans, or assign chronic diseases is definitely not going to even feel the same.  Decimate works instantly, after all.  I want sims dropping dead at middle age (sudden heart attack or similar), or accidentally getting killed in car crashes, or even dying in childbirth.
I don't really think TS2 is really equipped to function as a eugenics simulator. The genetics are largely limited to personality and appearance, with little or no real capacity to extend beyond that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 May 02, 19:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really interested in seeing infant mortality and the like, but I do want moar death. Really, I just want the deadly possibilities in the game to be, well, deadly. Like you guys mentioned, the various illnesses that don't actually mean anything. Then electrocution and fire... my sims just keep surviving them! I mean, I can send a zero mech skill sim who's about to pass out tired to stand in a puddle of water and fix the trash compactor, and the hapless idiot will char, DFO, and live to tell the tale. And really, shouldn't there be at least a few people who get struck by lightning and don't just walk away?

Of course, it's possible to orchestrate a sim's death... disable/remove smoke detectors, whisk away the pool ladder, etcetera... but I don't think I've ever, not once in the years I've been playing, had a sim's death catch me by surprise.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 May 02, 19:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, it's possible to orchestrate a sim's death... disable/remove smoke detectors, whisk away the pool ladder, etcetera... but I don't think I've ever, not once in the years I've been playing, had a sim's death catch me by surprise.

Then you haven't played Uni with nodormieprotect.  My Uni cemeteries are full of tombstones of dormies who died without any action on my part.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 May 02, 20:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I WANT DEATH. Cheesy

I would like something like this, as well. I often make sims of people that I know. Some of them, including me, do have chronic illnesses IRL. It would be cool if our sims could reflect that, with real symptoms, not just shorter lives.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 May 02, 20:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, so much!! What's the point of my royalty sims having a spare heir if the heir's not gonna die till they've already had grandkids anyway? Where's the dynastic infighting gonna be if everyone always survives? Tongue
According to my sims, this is provided easily by having very few townies and every playable being related, plus adding ACR. I had drama in the second generation with one brother going after the girlfriend of another brother, unsuccessfully at first but they later married...and then she died in childbirth. All the fighting over the perceived cheating has them hating each other to death (helped along by the brother who married the girl frequenting stealing brother's newspaper and kicking over the trashcan). Then in the third so far I had Rose who was dating Tiriak while her cousin Connor was dating Julie. Then Julie got caught doing the nasty with Tiriak and caught out by Connor, who dumped her. Rose didn't know. Then Connor started dating Catherine, who I later caught getting it on with Tiriak, right after he'd gotten done with Julie. He was still in love with Rose and Julie, but hey, if the girl's willing, whatever. Connor didn't see Catherine stepping out on him, so they are still engaged. Then later, while Rose was dating her old professor, he brought along no other than Tiriak. Rose and the professor were in the middle of a date when she and Tiriak decided to get it on and she proceeded to replace all her professor-centric wants with Tiriak-centric ones. So now she's carrying his baby and engaged to be married. And when she (or her kids) find out that all the cousins have been laughing at her behind her back for growing up in a crappy shack on the beach and being repeatedly cheated on by her boyfriend-now-husband, she's not going to be a happy camper.

Whew. Drama.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 May 02, 20:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you haven't played Uni with nodormieprotect.  My Uni cemeteries are full of tombstones of dormies who died without any action on my part.

Actually I do have it, and after sending 3 sims through Uni, I still only had one dormie kick it - and that was after him being passed out on the sidewalk for, like, two whole sim-days. So while I've had the pleasure of an "unscheduled" sim-death, it was like, "Gah, just die already!" Not much unexpected or surprising about it.  Sad

Any suggestions on how to make my sims a little more death-prone?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 May 02, 20:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One way to make sims a little more death-prone would be to just enable more autonomous actions. Sims won't autonomously try to repair the dishwasher, trash compactor, TV, or computer, for example. If enough sims were to attempt those repairs, you'd see at least a few deaths. The scissors are another object that would be more useful if they could be used autonomously, although the death sequence isn't all that exciting (I was hoping for arms or legs being cut off, but I couldn't even see the wound.)

More autonomous actions, in general, would be better. The game would be a whole lot more interesting if you had to actively work to prevent death or other accidents. I suppose that was the main impetus for ACR (which I haven't tried yet, possibly because I kept getting it confused with things like the kitten killer.)

There's at least one promise Eaxis is making about Sims 3 that I hope they keep: situational awareness. Just having sims aware that they peed their pants in front of their friends, and having the friends aware of it as well, or having them be aware that some jackass just turned off their TV in their own home while they were watching it, would make organizing their little lives more interesting.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 May 02, 21:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that was the main impetus for ACR (which I haven't tried yet, possibly because I kept getting it confused with things like the kitten killer.)

Compatible with, but not the same as the KK. It's up on Simbology.com now, with no log ins. Lots of fun and surprises with it, if you don't want to be the breeding/mating puppetmaster. They really choose on their own, so to speak. Also compatible with many of Pescado's hacks.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 May 02, 23:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At Uni?  Remove the stove and put in a microwave -- that way your sim(s) can eat, but the dormies don't ever use the microwave autonomously.  You'll kill the whole lot of them by the time your sim graduates. Smiley

Seriously, in my game at least it seems to have something to do with the type of dorm. I lose more dormies in the bigger, multi-story dorms than I do in the one-level dorms.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 May 02, 23:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MOAR usage of hot-tubs in thunderstorms Tongue. I've inadvertedly killed 3 dormies (at the same time) and 1 townie this way. Oh, and later, another, 4th dormie was scared to death by seeing the ghost of one of the first three.

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 May 03, 03:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think TS2 is really equipped to function as a eugenics simulator. The genetics are largely limited to personality and appearance, with little or no real capacity to extend beyond that.

Well, it doesn't have to be heritable or anything.  Realistic disease was just a pipe dream, anyway.  Tongue  Hell, even something that just randomized up my lifespans a bit would make things interesting.  Maybe Mom just had a kid, Dad brings home the bacon, but Dad's life ended at 32 days.  What will they do now?

Something outside of my control and the sims' control (aka stupidity).

I had no uni protect in for awhile, but I just had passed out, stinking dormies.  ONE died.  So they're still boring and even more annoying.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 May 03, 03:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can think of for making the sims "more death prone" that is feasible within the context of the game, is to add random drive-by shootings. The catch is that any new form of death I can think of that would fit in the game as-is tends to also be avoidable. Then again, random death is pretty avoidable in real life, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: 2008 May 03, 03:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see the stupid sims who run out into the street to play catch, fetch, or pillow fight get mowed down by cars. I think it would be quite realistic, considering that they are out in the middle of the road.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 May 03, 03:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then again, random death is pretty avoidable in real life, too.

True, to any good type A personality. I would totally love drive by shootings. I would take out noroadpillows and totally-- well, that would be antonymous death to any silly adult Sims that love to pillow fight in the road, which is a good summation of a type-B personality.

However, I'm going to guess that FreeTime didn't mess with the sickness variables, and perhaps try realistic sickness again. It was teh awesome. Besides, if you do have ACR, you really need Antonymous Casual Death to level the populations.

Edited: notveryawesome thinks so much like me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: