More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:21:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237470 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 29, 12:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, you can just "Give gift" and transfer the whole contents of the inventory to another Sim. No hack needed -- though I don't remember if this interaction was introduced with Seasons or with Free Time.
But then you have to click every item in inventory, which is extremely time-consuming.
Fair enough. I guess my sims aren't packrats like me :-) I had the vase installed at one point, but I ended up never using it, so I didn't reinstall it at the next EP. Haven't missed it since.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 29, 16:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think dizzy made a hack like that. You might have to look in the graveyard. I had it on my laptop, before it exploded in a BFBVFS.

Dizzy is still active; the latest versions of his stuff, including the put-away leftovers stuff, is over on The Laden Swallow.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 29, 16:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, also on the subject of comm lot arrivals and/or townie behaviour, I'd love to see something that told them they could change out of that stupid work uniform they put on that one time Playable X brought them home from work. I know there are controllers and mods that can allow us to manually change them into something else later - or you can try to lure them into a hot tub or pool so they'll "reset to Casual" - but it just looks stupid to me seeing these townies (or your playables, if you haven't gotten back over to their house yet) show up on comm lots still wearing uniforms from jobs they probably don't even really have.

Isn't that the truth! I love it when my doctors walk around the neighbourhood in their scrubs! No wonder no one *actually* goes to a hospital. They'd just come out dead.

Speaking of, I wonder if EAxis will do the smart thing with Sims 3 and have MOAR community lots with actually functions-- churches, hospitals, funeral homes, and basically, a more intelligent approach to life. As of now, deaths in the Sims 2 are more disturbing in some ways then the real thing. You instantly turn into a headstone and everyone bawls, and then succinctly forgets you. Erg.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 29, 16:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...it just looks stupid to me seeing these townies (or your playables, if you haven't gotten back over to their house yet) show up on comm lots still wearing uniforms from jobs they probably don't even really have.

Isn't that the truth! I love it when my doctors walk around the neighbourhood in their scrubs!

On the other hand, if that were fixed, there would have been no Llama Brynne!

Tribulatio proxima est
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 29, 17:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to disagree with that. There are actually a lot of people who "don't want to be tied down by responsibility", either to other people, possessions or situations.

That's not a negative aspiration.  That is a positive aspiration to have freedom.  If you wanted the negative to that you'd describe it as an aspiration to be "bogged down by duty and feel trapped" which isn't an aspiration is it?   Maybe I was debating the semantics rather than the sentiment of the wish - ie by definition no intelligent person has a negative aspiration.  Oh... right that probably makes negative aspirations quite suited to sims Cheesy

Inverted aspirations, perhaps?  Smiley Though I'd be happy with any new aspiration at all, or most particularly activation/reactivation of the Power aspiration, though it's probably just impossible. Sigh... most of my villains would be so much better suited to that aspiration than any of the others.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 29, 19:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Something, anything, that makes the OfB wages (and similar money transfers) less utterly useless. I already filed a complaint a long time ago .. the simplest way I can think of (for whatever value of "simple") might be to set the payments-when-arriving-home for the Employee career to zero.

For just adjusting (eliminating) the wage when you play the employee, I use a cheat method from this site that lets you adjust family funds very easily (i.e., money +, money -, money xx).

* A "Pay" interaction for quick+easy money transfers (basically like tipping of waiters, only without the rel++)

I like this.

-  Buyable baby.  I don't even need Emma's incubator, just a basic crate with a baby in it would be fine for me.  (In case anyone's wondering, this is mainly something I would use for testing baby-related Bodyshop work, since there's no convenient way to check it out at this time.)

Isn't Monique's "create baby with X" good for this? The baby appears immediately in the crib.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 29, 19:24:13 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 29, 19:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to disagree with that. There are actually a lot of people who "don't want to be tied down by responsibility", either to other people, possessions or situations.

That's not a negative aspiration.  That is a positive aspiration to have freedom.  If you wanted the negative to that you'd describe it as an aspiration to be "bogged down by duty and feel trapped" which isn't an aspiration is it?   Maybe I was debating the semantics rather than the sentiment of the wish - ie by definition no intelligent person has a negative aspiration.  Oh... right that probably makes negative aspirations quite suited to sims Cheesy

Semantics is meaningless.

Besides, "negative aspiration" here just means it's the negation of one of the existing aspirations. I also suggested "inverted". There really are people in real life who aspire to cutting back on social contacts and living lives of solitude, or who want to drift from place to place, mooching off others... but then, real life is irrelevant. What matters is whether negative/inverted aspirations would make the game more interesting. The ordinary aspirations don't really work at cross-purposes, but imagine creating a family of one Fortune sim and one Austerity sim. They'd drive each other insane!

The Sims 3 traits system might actually work this way, if Eaxis isn't lying. Does anyone know if Eaxis has ever lied? Just wondering...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 29, 19:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inverted aspirations, perhaps?  Smiley Though I'd be happy with any new aspiration at all, or most particularly activation/reactivation of the Power aspiration, though it's probably just impossible. Sigh... most of my villains would be so much better suited to that aspiration than any of the others.

ooh! Idea! What if every time you grew up badly you had a chance for your aspiration to invert? Or every time you bottom out, it adds a little to the percent chance, so if your life is shit you're almost guaranteed to invert aspirations... having fears as wants and wants as fears, so a knowledge-invert would want to lose skill points and fear being abducted

INFP or something
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 April 29, 20:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For just adjusting (eliminating) the wage when you play the employee, I use a cheat method from this site that lets you adjust family funds very easily (i.e., money +, money -, money xx).

Yeah, but that's what I mean .. I wish there was something that did this automatically =)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 April 29, 20:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish my Sims were trainable and developed routines. If, for example, I made a Sim use the toilet and shower every morning and then sent him/her off to work on a novel every day for a week or so, I'd like it if my Sim would start doing that routine without me having to queue it up. You know, as opposed to waking up, making the bed, then playing the guitar until motive failure. Macrotastics helps a lot in this regard but I'd still like my Sims to learn behaviors.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 April 29, 21:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 3 traits system might actually work this way, if Eaxis isn't lying. Does anyone know if Eaxis has ever lied? Just wondering...
Do I have my fire-breathing toddlers? I don't think so...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 April 29, 22:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think dizzy made a hack like that. You might have to look in the graveyard. I had it on my laptop, before it exploded in a BFBVFS.

I have this hack. Sims put the plates away individually, rather than stacking them, as I'd like them to do.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 April 29, 22:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Monique's "create baby with X" good for this? The baby appears immediately in the crib.

Maybe.  I've never seen that one; it's not at MTS2 that I can find.  Where would it be, and is it compatible with FT?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 April 29, 22:55:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does exist; I has it.

Well, I don't think it has mannequin, but I know it has the alien stuff. One is called "hiddenskins" and the other, I think, is "CAS_Alieneyes". If you can't find them just by the names I'd be happy to send them to you.

Tried googling both and neither of them came up. So, uh, yeah, it'd be great if you can send them, or at least link to where you got them (because hey, maybe there's more shiny stuff there.)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 April 29, 23:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone made a flamingo that prevents relationship decay, but I remember it from a long time ago. My best guess is that I found it on MTS2, or maybe it's one of dizzy's or Inge's. Put enough of them on the lot, and the relationships won't decay at all.

The sims wardrobe has a hack that allows you to pack fish in crates, like with the fruit bowl of awesomeness. I haven't tested it yet, but it should be there, presuming FT didn't break it.

I'd like to see tokens we could give the sims that would give them personality quirks. Like, always being abducted, or constantly washing hands, etc, like the awesomeland sims to a certain extent. Or something  completely tasteless, like puking after every meal (it could make for an interesting story).

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 April 29, 23:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know someone made a flamingo that prevents relationship decay, but I remember it from a long time ago. My best guess is that I found it on MTS2, or maybe it's one of dizzy's or Inge's. Put enough of them on the lot, and the relationships won't decay at all.

The sims wardrobe has a hack that allows you to pack fish in crates, like with the fruit bowl of awesomeness. I haven't tested it yet, but it should be there, presuming FT didn't break it.

I'd like to see tokens we could give the sims that would give them personality quirks. Like, always being abducted, or constantly washing hands, etc, like the awesomeland sims to a certain extent. Or something  completely tasteless, like puking after every meal (it could make for an interesting story).

The relationship-decay flamingo was made by the long-lost Liugnomon, IIRC, and the last I saw Inge had his stuff archived on her site.

I'd like little quirks like that too.  Anything to make individual Sims stand out more in interesting ways.  Though maybe not quite as interesting as continually puking... :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 April 29, 23:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still works, as does the produce version. Both are fantastic, and my farm lot couldn't survive without them.

My small current annoyance is only being able to order 1 copy of a photo at a time. I have my nuclear families pose for photos after their youngest is a child, or thereabouts. It wasn't so bad ordering photos for my shack family...just the dad and two kids, and I was able to gift the photo to the one daughter who was in college at the time. But for my seven-kid family....sheesh. That's eight orders (since mom & dad share, and kids don't stay in the Mayor's house once grown unless the Mayor dies and they are elected in his/her place)! Five of the kids live off-lot as well. It'd almost be easier to do a painting recolor, which I've been doing for photo collages, but I really like the look of a desk crammed with family photos.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 30, 03:58:33 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 April 30, 00:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe.  I've never seen that one; it's not at MTS2 that I can find.  Where would it be, and is it compatible with FT?

Monique's newer hacks are at the InSim site. She has her own forum there.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 April 30, 06:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what to do to invert Knowledge.

Huff paint, hang out on the EA BBS, and watch VH1 "reality shows." That should do it!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 April 30, 06:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still works, as does the produce version. Both are fantastic, and my farm lot couldn't survive without them.
Sure, they work, but the file sizes are HUGE. I'm betting an Awesome version of the fish crates could be a lot smaller.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2008 April 30, 06:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got rid of the crate thingies because I was still having problems with selling crafted objects. They never restocked properly, which happens with all of my crafted items except, ironically, the robots, since JM has made a fix for that. I just don't bother with crafted items anymore. It's retail, entertainment, and salons for me!

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2008 April 30, 07:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish that sims could plan ahead, using advice the player provides.   For example, click on sim, select Plan....  then you tell him he's going to a community lot, what time he has to leave, how long he will be staying (if you know), what he should wear, and you tell him whether certain facilities will be available, such as food, toilets, beds etc.   Based on that he makes sure that as the time approaches he has rested, eaten, used the toilet etc not too soon, not too late, and changes into suitable clothes.  On the other hand if you told him he would be going out to eat, he would not eat before leaving. Etc.

Similarly, if a sim was going to bed for the night, he would look ahead and see if his bladder has the spare capacity to allow him to sleep till his energy is fully satisfied, and empty it if not.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 April 30, 15:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's here. It seems to work for FT, although I haven't created a baby with it. The option is there.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 April 30, 15:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, they work, but the file sizes are HUGE. I'm betting an Awesome version of the fish crates could be a lot smaller.
Get more RAMs. Nah, I'm kidding. I hadn't even glanced at file sizes, as my computer can handle pretty much anything and I play smaller lots anyways. If things start slowing down, I guess I'll be stripping my townies' inventories.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 May 01, 07:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We could all use more RAMs!  Wink
Seriously, though, any object bigger than 1 megabyte better be something truly spectacular.
Has anyone used the produce stand made by Katy at (closed) Sims Mod Board? All due respect to the Fruitbowl, but it would be perfect if it charged more (a LOT more) for the veggies. No cashier or inventory required!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: