More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:19:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's on YOUR Wish List?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's on YOUR Wish List?  (Read 237253 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What's on YOUR Wish List?
« Reply #475 on: 2009 January 07, 06:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep thinking that. With your luck, you'll manage to croak it before I do, simply because I'm too mean to die. I've already survived a half dozen attempts by the wife to kill me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: 2009 January 07, 06:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mrs Pescado=Awesome.

You suck. Die already.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: 2009 January 09, 01:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back on topic, I really want a hack to make it so that move-in time for vampires is not during the day, especially now that with apartments you have to sign the lease before dashing off to the coffin, not to mention the uni cutscene for teen vampires.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 2009 January 10, 00:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that playables can buy more than the owner actually has, exactly for the reason described by notovny. I try to keep a consistent economy.

But notovny himself confirmed in that post that you can just wait until the owner has restocked, and this will properly deplete his inventory.

There's no reason to wait around for the staff to restock the item, unless you want to... deplete the owner's inventory in a roundabout fashion.

Edit is mine, for clarity.

He also confirmed that whenever you visit an owned lot, it will be restored to the state it was in when it was last saved, i.e. when you last played someone from the owner's household on that lot.
So if your owner had four snapdragons and you bought four, yes, you depleted his inventory for that customer for that visit. But if you then went back with the same sim, or played another household and visited the same snapdragon store, the owner would again have four snapdragons for sale, just as if he had not sold them before. And this becomes a problem if you want him to sell only as many crafted things as he, say, made at home.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 2009 January 10, 20:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, notovny's post is not clear about what happens on a repeat visit, if you wait for the owner to restock.  The first part of his paragraph discusses what happens if you leave before the shelves have been refreshed.

My experience hasn't been the same as yours.  I play all craftables and produce as off-site businesses, and some of them are visited by the owners only once a generation.  Periodically, some items do run out during a customer's visit and I get a pop-up that says the owner's inventory is depleted.  On subsequent visits by other playable customers, those shelves remain empty until I play the owner's house in rotation.  Once I have the owner replenish his inventory at home, his staff at the shop restock when it's visited again by more playable customers.

The only thing I'm unsure about is produce.  All my neighbourhoods have so much surplus that I've never seen produce or fish stands go empty.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: 2009 January 10, 21:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience hasn't been the same as yours.  I play all craftables and produce as off-site businesses, and some of them are visited by the owners only once a generation.  Periodically, some items do run out during a customer's visit and I get a pop-up that says the owner's inventory is depleted.  On subsequent visits by other playable customers, those shelves remain empty until I play the owner's house in rotation.  Once I have the owner replenish his inventory at home, his staff at the shop restock when it's visited again by more playable customers.

That's completely at odds with my experience.  I've been taking advantage of the  "business magically returns to last saved state" feature ever since OFB came out.  I've used it to multiply snapdragons, toys, food,produce,  and even Renu-Yu Porta-chugs and other potions. Post-AL, I used the aforementioned trick to put a large number of Magical Ingredients in the hands of a Sim with no witching ability, far more than the owner of The Observatory had on the shelves or in inventory. She'd routinely run out during a visit, and I'd just leave, come back, and buy more.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: 2009 January 12, 23:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, do you get the dialog about an empty inventory even when you are playing the visiting customer, or not even that?  I don't usually visit the same shop again on the same trip, because I'm not interested in the exploit.  I did see empty shelves just recently, when I forgot that the robot shop had run out of sentries.  That shop is never visited by the owner any more, now that it has 10 stars.

I suppose it could be a difference in my mac game -- I don't think I have any hacks that would affect this behaviour.  Huh
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: 2009 January 13, 00:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye.  Popup notification and all.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: 2009 January 14, 21:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some testing, I confirmed for myself what you and Gwenke described.  When I loaded the same 'bot shop in an AL game (windows side this time), I found that emptying the owner's inventory doesn't stick any more.  I forgot to check if loading the owner's home lot between customer visits saves the correct state of his inventory, but that would be too annoying to implement in my regular play, anyhow.

Ai, what a headache.  Now I'm going to have to resort to pushing produce and craftables, if I want to maintain an economy in any new 'hoods.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: 2009 January 19, 22:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After changing my configuration for the 12345th time, to base+Uni+OFB+MGS, I think I finally have a workable game with reasonably few (and avoidable) bugs.

1.  I know the Sims-shielding-eyes-from-sun-upon-walking-outside thing has been mentioned before.  It looks like saluting, and completely destroys the animations for most things that, you know, Sims actually do upon going outside.  Such as putting out the trash, turning around their home business "open/closed" sign, getting the paper -- I could go on.  (Gee, one would almost think that whoever added this silly new animation didn't even try it out in game!  But that would be impossible of course, right?  I mean, we've never seen anything like that happen before.)  Can this silly new animation be suppressed?

2.  I have noticed two "features" carried forward from AL that bother me, although I don't have AL installed right now.  (I like to run a lean game, in terms of both EPs and CC.  Makes bugs less common, and easier to eliminate when they do arise.)  One is the tendency of Sims to put themselves to bed -- and very quickly too! -- when their energy bar is at maybe 30%.  I am nowhere near done with Sims for the day at that point.  The other is when Sims who have emphatically not been asked to spend the night, leave with the snotty remark, "You asked me to spend the night, and didn't let me get any sleep!  I'm leaving!" whereas before they would just leave quietly at 3:00 a.m., or 6:00 a.m., or whenever they liked.  Can these two "features" be suppressed?  Would it perhaps help if I used alfixes, even though I don't have AL installed?  (Which hopefully doesn't suppress the changing portraitures, which I actually like as it saves me the trouble if I change Sims' outfits.)

I will leave my "thanks, this is great" in advance, to JMP and the many others more awesome than I.  Smiley
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #485 on: 2009 January 19, 23:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  I know the Sims-shielding-eyes-from-sun-upon-walking-outside thing has been mentioned before.  It looks like saluting, and completely destroys the animations for most things that, you know, Sims actually do upon going outside.  Such as putting out the trash, turning around their home business "open/closed" sign, getting the paper -- I could go on.  (Gee, one would almost think that whoever added this silly new animation didn't even try it out in game!  But that would be impossible of course, right?  I mean, we've never seen anything like that happen before.)  Can this silly new animation be suppressed?

tunaisafish has a fix for this in Peasantry.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: 2009 January 19, 23:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And TJ has one here..I believe it's a little different than tuna's:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,13.0.html

MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: 2009 January 20, 00:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not a big deal, but I would like a fix for the Taxi "invite people" prompt.  It says, "Invite to party" instead of "Invite along" or whatever it used to say before AL.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: 2009 January 20, 03:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One is the tendency of Sims to put themselves to bed -- and very quickly too! -- when their energy bar is at maybe 30%. 

This one drove me mad too, it's the most annoying feature since the autonomous nap. It made me fiddle with rage on the code for a whole weekend, and I was able to nuke this idiocy, at last!

... problem is that now I don't remember what I did exactly to squish it (I tried a lot of stuff), AND I can't locate that fix anymore anywhere in my downloads folder. I suspect I rolled it in some other mod bunch I made for myself, or it went inside some other subfolder for mistake. My quest is not done, then; as soon as I found it, I will post.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: 2009 January 20, 05:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad I'm not the only one driven crazy by that oh-so-helpful "feature."

Also, sorry about missing the two fixes for the salute.  I tried TJ's only because I have other TJ hacks, and it seems to work fine.

Now that one problem is solved and a second probably will be shortly, I'll add one more.  Has the stupid Family Sim song and dance upon returning from work been squashed yet?  You know, the one where they're saying/singing something that looks like, "I'm back!  From work!  Where I did stuff!  And earned money for it!  Come to me, all my beautiful 6s!"  Whereupon every 6 in the household drops his or her entire queue to run out and try to hug the Family Sim parent.  It is worse than the dance performed by every schoolchild upon getting an A+.  I am running hugginghack along with several other items of Awesomeware, but it doesn't seem to be doing it for this particular annoyance.

Once again, thanks-this-is-great in advance.  Wink
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: 2009 January 20, 10:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One is the tendency of Sims to put themselves to bed -- and very quickly too! -- when their energy bar is at maybe 30%.

I've used JM's Autonomy Control to proscribe the autonomous use of beds globally, which works wonders. I mean, wtf? I'm perfectly capable of putting my sims to bed myself, tyvm.

Another annoyance is this "cuddle in bed" bullshit, and EAxis did everything to force this oh-so-cute feature on players. Now, sims sleep after woohoo even with their energy at about 95%, so you have to wake them and wait for them to undock (which takes ages, because they need to cuddle). Also, you can no longer wake one of them without waking the other (in case this one has slept in already), so they can cuddle again before getting up. Arrrgghh!

Now, double beds are only used for procreation purposes in my game, but if it takes three or four attempts for the sims to succeed, it's still unnerving.

Now that one problem is solved and a second probably will be shortly, I'll add one more.  Has the stupid Family Sim song and dance upon returning from work been squashed yet? 

I don't know of a hack to stop it (I'd love one, too), but you can stomp the family sim dance by cancelling the "at work" action as soon as they get home (before they get out of the car).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: 2009 January 20, 16:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the cuddling and pillow talk in bed, I wasn't even going to dare to mention that annoyance, but it drives me insane!  I already have to wait too long for morning (barring some unusual circumstance like a burglary), and was resorting to keeping one of the kids awake to put to bed last in order to prevent that stupidity.  But it still wouldn't prevent one spouse from waking up the other spouse, as you said, just so they could cuddle.

I hate to admit it, but I never thought of simply having two single beds for my Sim parents.  With the ACR mod, they can woohoo on the couch; and even without that mod, there's always the hot tub.  I will look into Autonomy Control -- I assume that's part of macrotastics?  Which I am not using at the moment.

So macrotastics, plus an "I Love Lucy" bedroom with two single beds for the spouses:  I can haz.  Tongue

For the other, I will try cancelling out "At Work" the next time I run a Family Sim parent.  Did you notice they will do this nonsense even if they have no children?  They may even do this if they live alone, but I can't remember.  My only other option is to stop running Family Sims.  Knowledge Sims are pretty close, with better LTWs.  Wink  (I already have no Pleasure Sims due to not having NL installed, and don't miss them at all.  Romance Sims are about 80% the same thing, at least in my experience, except prefer woo-hooing to dates.)

Thanks for the commiseration and advice!
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: 2009 January 21, 11:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into Autonomy Control -- I assume that's part of macrotastics? 

No, Autonomy Control (aka "The One Shiny") is a stand-alone hack, to be found in The Armory.

For the other, I will try cancelling out "At Work" the next time I run a Family Sim parent. Did you notice they will do this nonsense even if they have no children? They may even do this if they live alone, but I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure family sims don't do the dance when living alone, but having / not having children doesn't seem to have an influence on it. Then again, I don't have much experience with working family sims - the only playable ones with jobs I have in my game are Cassandra Goth and a former cow mascot, both of which I rarely play.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: 2009 January 21, 16:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true, in fact I seem to recall whenever running Norman Subject (as I always rename him since I cannot abide by "Nervous") that if he was married, or even had so much as a (platonic) male housemate, that he would still do the dance when getting home from work.  Of course he is not one you want to beget progeny -- unless you give him a facelift and makeover, then correct his DNA with Christianlov's application, as I do with most Maxis Sims.  Wink

Autonomy Control (aka "The One Shiny") is a stand-alone hack, to be found in The Armory.

Now that I think about it, I'm sure I've tried Autonomy Control, and found it to conflict with some non-Awesome item that I cannot live without.  It's OK as I almost never run households with more than four Sims, and so it isn't too hard to prevent them from going to bed before I'm done with them.  Better keep an eye on them, though -- I have more than once seen a 6 or 12 sleeping in a double bed with one of the parents, which would be awful if it weren't also kind of funny.

Using two single beds for the parents, though, is brilliant and stops all the cuddling and waking up problems.  I'm so glad I thought of it.  Grin  You can even put them next to each other so that it is vaguely reminiscent of a double bed.

Finally, I thought I'd share my workaround for the snotty you-didn't-let-me-get-any-sleep speech, just in case someone has a better solution.  The problem seems to be that, since AL, Sim guests have automatically been asked to spend the night, whether or not you initiated that action.  You need to have enough energy bar left for the last Sim to go to bed, to click on the guest (or one of the guests) and select Say Goodbye To.../Everyone or Ask To Leave.../Everyone.  Choose "Everyone" if it shows up, even if there's just one guest, just to be sure.  This is for friends brought home from work or school, home business customers who will not leave, or even the lover who came over with the ACR Make Booty Call option.  It is common for this to require queuing up this command two or even three times for it to be carried out, especially if the guest is in the hot tub.  The insistence of Sims on putting themselves to bed compounds the problem I'm sure.

The alternative is just to bear with it, as it doesn't seem to affect Sim relationships.

But of course, I'd prefer a hack that just squashes this stupidity directly.  Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: 2009 January 21, 16:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, I thought I'd share my workaround for the snotty you-didn't-let-me-get-any-sleep speech, just in case someone has a better solution.  The problem seems to be that, since AL, Sim guests have automatically been asked to spend the night, whether or not you initiated that action.  You need to have enough energy bar left for the last Sim to go to bed, to click on the guest (or one of the guests) and select Say Goodbye To.../Everyone or Ask To Leave.../Everyone.  Choose "Everyone" if it shows up, even if there's just one guest, just to be sure.  This is for friends brought home from work or school, home business customers who will not leave, or even the lover who came over with the ACR Make Booty Call option.  It is common for this to require queuing up this command two or even three times for it to be carried out, especially if the guest is in the hot tub.  The insistence of Sims on putting themselves to bed compounds the problem I'm sure.

Or you could just click "make bugger off" on the BRY hammer & sickle.  It's one of my must-have hacks on every lot (no matter what type of lot), whether I intend to run a business on it or not.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: 2009 January 21, 21:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's especially useful in overly friendly 'hoods. In Teardrop Isle, I would have up to five autonomous visitors at a time (a child brought on the bus, a work friend, and several relatives who were just dropping by).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 January 22, 09:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A mod to allow playables on vacation to invite others (local friends) to their hotel room. Now they had to make do with the rock-slab-like sofa I put for decoration on the beach...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: