More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:48:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780048 times)
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 06.29.2012)
« Reply #250 on: 2012 June 30, 16:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the slightest idea on how to do scripts and since zero informations/help/tute/anything were released since that tool exist I cannot use the s3sr method but it's okay since I'm so used to fixing the stuff with the CTU and S3PE that it only takes a couple of clicks to add the latest store set. Plus there's the problem that a bunch of third party CC also need the launcher (counters, worlds, some hairs, some patterns, and even some accessories and clothes!), otherwise they 'break' so It's better not to clog the launcher with all the store because you still need to stuff it with a ton of third party things.

So then use the Launcher strictly for Store items; keep custom content as merged packages. Any custom content that cannot be extracted into package and added to your overrides is probably shitty quality/shittily created anyway.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2012 June 30, 16:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any custom content that cannot be extracted into package and added to your overrides is probably shitty quality/shittily created anyway.

This is how I decide what to keep and what not to keep. Anything that is crap quality, missing features, or doesn't work properly, I avoid. Hard enough keeping the game running smoothly as it is, without adding crap. There is an amazing amount of crap out there, yet people install it because it looks ok, and wonder why their game crashes. I also refuse to install CC as sims3pack, but that's just my preference for sanity.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2012 June 30, 18:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then use the Launcher strictly for Store items; keep custom content as merged packages.
Not before there's a tutorial for s3rc to fix the categories and such.

No, not everything that breaks as a package is crap. Apparently extracting the package breaks 1/1000 of the data of the item, it all depends if the exploded data was vital or not. Generally it's not. Otherwise we should be able to use the counters and the worlds as packages.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2012 June 30, 19:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume you meant s3pe, and it's a little time-consuming, but easy to do.  Just use s3pe to open the .dbc files in your DCCache folder (I shouldn't have to tell you this, but back them up first).  To recategorize clothing, sort by Tag.  Scroll down until you're in the CASP section, highlight an item you want to recategorize, and click the "Grid" button at the bottom of the page.  A window will pop open that will let you set clothing categories, etc.  Make the changes, click "Commit" and move on to the next thing you want to recategorize.  You can also use this on cc accessories to change their type.

For Objects, sort by Name.  Scroll down to the OBJD.  The Grid for OBJD allows you to set room and catalog sorts for an object, as well as enabling various object flags.  Once again, make your changes, "commit," and move on until you're done.

For safety and simplicity's sake, I wouldn't recommend changing anything other than categories.  Messing with object flags can cause your game to behave unpredictably if you don't have a good idea of what you're doing.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 06.08.2012)
« Reply #254 on: 2012 June 30, 19:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S. This is not store related but I was wondering if you could add the KPST items to your norandom mod, KT? I may decide to arrr it after all if you would be so kind. Smiley

I made one; see here for a description.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2012 June 30, 21:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, sorry Jezzer, I meant s3sr. I was in a bit of hurry when I typed my previous post. I already know how to modify the OBJD and CASP to recategorize the stuff, that's how I fix everything I put in package. I didn't know we could do it with the DCCache though. The problem is rather how to create the recategorizing scripts to use with s3sr that Anach was talking about previously.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 30, 21:46:08 by Painkiller » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2012 June 30, 21:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do exactly this on my old machine and I found it worked fine. My files then were around 250MB each. With the new machine the dbc files are about 1.2GB which tends to bear out my theory that the quality of the hardware has a significant effect on the process.

It also pays to link to the latest launcher. I don't use the launcher to start my game and it can be easy to leave a link to the old launcher on the desktop. Lately I have remembered to point the shortcut to the most recent launcher and have found it increases stability.

If you install the store content without the game running, they will be limited to 250Mb each (in my experience) or if you install via launcher with the game running (quicker this way) the files will end up larger, as the game tends to try to put everything into a single .dbc, but maybe the install process is more reliable this way? No idea why there is a difference in each process.

I have never installed content with the game running, I wasn't aware you could. The sole difference for me was the two different machines.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2012 June 30, 22:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, sorry Jezzer, I meant s3sr. I was in a bit of hurry when I typed my previous post. I already know how to modify the OBJD and CASP to recategorize the stuff, that's how I fix everything I put in package. I didn't know we could do it with the DCCache though. The problem is rather how to create the recategorizing scripts to use with s3sr that Anach was talking about previously.

This post is about OBJK overrides, but it covers the basics of s3sr scripts. Also, you could download Anach's s3sr scripts and just open them in a text editor. Click on Download My Mod and then download the Catalogue Fix. The s3sr scripts are included and you can use them as a template.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2012 June 30, 22:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no clue.  Before Moryrie made her first packages available, I installed everything as decrapped sims3packs and recategorized everything by hand to get all the damned Buccaneer Butthole pirate outfits fixed.  Then I churned my own butter and dipped my own candles.  Times are tough, up here on Walton Mountain.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2012 June 30, 23:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no clue. Before Moryrie made her first packages available, I installed everything as decrapped sims3packs and recategorized everything by hand to get all the damned Buccaneer Butthole pirate outfits fixed.  Then I churned my own butter and dipped my own candles.  Times are tough, up here on Walton Mountain.
Ha! The same thing happened to me, I first used can't-recall-the-name's packages who disappeared. Then Moryrie's, who stopped uploading them. So I too was forced to learn to make my own. But it's good since it forced me learn to use S3PE, I even discovered how to make my own override weeks ago for Katy Perry's Sweet Crap. Recategorized all the crap, un-randomized most of it and even removed the English writings from 2 tops' stencils. It can be useful to make your own butter.

This post is about OBJK overrides, but it covers the basics of s3sr scripts. Also, you could download Anach's s3sr scripts and just open them in a text editor. Click on Download My Mod and then download the Catalogue Fix. The s3sr scripts are included and you can use them as a template.
Okay, there was a confusion on my behalf about s3rc's utility. See when you and Anach said you used s3rc to "create an override", I thought that s3rc magically helped cutting down some steps of finding correct the CASP, change CASP, or whatever tedious thing by automating some steps but it doesn't at all. Huge misunderstanding there.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2012 July 01, 00:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typical EA voodoo. The gay guy gets a female lover while the hetero gets a male one.  Roll Eyes I've only played with the WW for a few hours and I've got already about 100 things on my list I'd like to change about it. First the game should summon a lover of the appropriate gender for the sim. Then I'd like to get rid of the "nothing happened" outcome. The wish should either fail or succeed. That's what makes the object fun. The pixies throwing money at your sim, the creepy evil kid arising from the well and the frog leaping out of the well. Ok, so maybe I don't have a 100 things on my list but these two issues annoy me to death.  I would also love it if sims could sit on the edge of the well. That would make for some really beautiful screenshots.

I've done some more testing with the frog thing and I keep getting females for male sims.

Also I've attached an XML tuning mod to get rid of the "nothing happened" thing. I changed it to show the fairies about 50% of the time(from 35%) and fireflies 100% of the time if there are no fairies. And when it rains wealth upon you I changed the amounts from 50-500 simoleons to 50-5000 simoleons. This particular XML is worded very straight forward so it's easy to change what you need.

* KT_ww_xml_V1.zip (4.24 KB - downloaded 448 times.)

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2012 July 01, 02:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are examples provided in my s3sr thread. Otherwise you can always ask in that thread. If you are already doing it via s3pe, then you have done most the work.

The only steps it cuts down on is having to use someone else's ancient revision OBJD/OBJK/CASP file, and you can make alterations to existing edits quickly via script, and reapply all changes easily after a patch.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2012 July 01, 20:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snip

I've done some more testing with the frog thing and I keep getting females for male sims.

Also I've attached an XML tuning mod to get rid of the "nothing happened" thing. I changed it to show the fairies about 50% of the time(from 35%) and fireflies 100% of the time if there are no fairies. And when it rains wealth upon you I changed the amounts from 50-500 simoleons to 50-5000 simoleons. This particular XML is worded very straight forward so it's easy to change what you need.

At first I suspected that it could be because my sim hasn't flirted with any sim yet. Though you said your male sim is gay so I assume his sexual preference was already set. I guess what I meant to say is that I wished the object would choose a partner based on the sim's sexual preference. It still weird my male sim got a prince instead of a princess. I guess the voodoo is only on my end then. I'll make good use of your tuning mod.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2012 July 01, 21:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not just you - I've only tried wishing for love with one person - I had my girl I created wish for love and twice I got a female - the first was a elder female and the second was young adult female.  I got out of my game without saving came back had my girl wish for love again and this time I got a guy.  It'd be great if it worked like Virgali said - the wishing well choosing a partner based on your sim's sexual preference.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012 July 01, 22:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with an elder too, I thought that was weird. This behavior might be in the DLL part of the well, which is so not what I now how to do. I can take a look in/at it but I have no idea what it all means. Kinda. Somewhat.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2012 July 02, 06:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with an elder too, I thought that was weird. This behavior might be in the DLL part of the well, which is so not what I now how to do. I can take a look in/at it but I have no idea what it all means. Kinda. Somewhat.

Yes, Elders showing up are a hardcoded possibility. Also, the Wishing Well does check your sim's gender preference. Newly created sims, and sims fresh out of the library, may not have the gender preference you are expecting, though (including the possibility of having no preference).

Edit for missing word.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 02, 17:46:57 by notouching » Logged
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2012 July 02, 15:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the Wishing Well does check your sim's gender preference. Newly created sims, and sims fresh out of the library, may have not the gender preference you are expecting, though (including the possibility of having no preference).
Edit for missing word.

Well my male sim was fresh out of CAS so that explains a lot after all. Do you happen to know when the sexual preference is set? Is flirting once with a specific gender enough? Does it require the sims to flirt with multiple sims of a specific gender?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2012 July 02, 16:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to say it takes three romantic interactions to set the preference. I have no clue where that number comes from though, Wink

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2012 July 02, 17:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know each romantic interaction will raise your Sim's preference towards one gender by, I think, 4 points and lower the preference against the opposite gender by -2 points. It might be 2 vs. -1 though, but in any case the ratio is like that. "Ask if Single" once might be enough to set your Sims preference. The next time you ask another Sim of that gender and your Sim might start rolling the wish to kiss that Sim. I tried that once by sending a male Sim around town and ask as many other males as possible if they were single. When the reaction was positive Story Progression soon began to send these Sims to same sex romances.
One additional note: it might be one of my mods that corrects this now, but sending a Sim on vacation used to reset their gender preference to zero, thus allowing a heterosexual married Sim to live out their latent homosexuality in France, China or Egypt. It also reset to zero again when they returned.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2012 July 02, 17:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the romantic interaction "Ask If Single"?  I ask everybody that and what their sign is, just to fill in the stupid blanks on their info popup.  I'd hate to think I'm making my sims constantly question their sexuality.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2012 July 02, 18:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both count as romantic interactions, so, yes, if they respond positively you're shifting their gender preference towards your Sim's gender and your own Sim's, too, of course. There are some additional factors based on traits and relationship levels, however. A straight Sim with Commitment Issues or with the Flirty trait might react positively to these low-level questions but might still refuse flirting with a gay Sim, and a totally straight and married Sim with the Family Oriented trait might not react negatively to a gay Sim asking whether they are single if their relationship is good or maybe best friends.

ETA: AwesomeMod's Story Mode, for example, sets initial gender preference to +1000/-1000. It would take you 500 successful romantic interactions to set that Sim's gender preference back to zero.

ETA2: Just checked: it's 2/-1 for each successful "Ask If Single" interaction.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 02, 19:09:43 by vorpal » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2012 July 02, 19:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance you could fix the square window that came with Lucky Palms? I haven't personally checked it out yet since I just installed the world last night, but apparently it can't be recolored and the wall cutouts appear to be messed up as well.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2012 July 02, 19:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance you could fix the square window that came with Lucky Palms? I haven't personally checked it out yet since I just installed the world last night, but apparently it can't be recolored and the wall cutouts appear to be messed up as well.

I am working on that at the moment. For now here's a fix I found on the BBS that works. Before I add it to my stuff I want to figure out how it works and add the other two presets to match the other window. It also has a window mask fix that I haven't confirmed is needed yet, I do know the other window needs it for the diagonal.

*update* I got the window to be recolorable on my own!!! WOOT!!! So proud of mah self!!! Such a pain in the ass I tell ya. Anywho, it will be a few days until I finish it and post it, real life stuff. Makes me think maybe now I can make default replacement fixes for those few stairs.

* windowclearstory_fix.zip (1.24 KB - downloaded 324 times.)
« Last Edit: 2012 July 02, 22:56:25 by kissing_toast » Logged

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2012 July 03, 15:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm proud of you too; I dub you KT the TS3 store mechanic. Now for something completely different. You posted a list of stuff a while of go of things that needed fixing. I haven't heard anything about it since though. Are these still a work in progress?

Edited: 'cause of a wtf did I post moment.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 03, 17:24:28 by virgali » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2012 July 03, 16:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of. It's only diagonal wall masks that need fixing. They are low on my priorities right now, got more mens CAS stuff in my head that I want to try to make first, been on a roll lately.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: