More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:17:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dreamer House Postbox anomaly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dreamer House Postbox anomaly  (Read 7257 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Dreamer House Postbox anomaly
« on: 2005 August 01, 14:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there some special coding related to the Dreamer house?  I've just moved Dirk back home, everything seemed to be working fine, then I discovered that the "Payatbox" fix wasn't working.  I've run the debugger to check for stuck bills, it found one, but the Dreamers still walk half a sim mile to put the bill on a table.  No problems with the postman, just the bill itself. 

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Dreamer House Postbox anomaly
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 18:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house is rigged. So, yes.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 01, 18:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought as much!  Presumably something to do with when you first play the house and although ther's piles of bills all over the place, the repo man hasn't been!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Rigged houses
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 01, 18:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is the Dreamer house rigged? To have lots of bills? Lips sealed

Which other Maxis houses are rigged, and for how long? I know the Curious house is rigged to have an alien abduction on the first night, but not forever - I ended up trashing that house because of general bugginess.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 01, 20:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, don't know the exact mechanics of the bills, but that's how it is. Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler for them just to play the game long enough to set up the scenario, rather than screwing around with the files? Yeesh.

What kind of bugginess do you have with the Curious house? I rather like that house, but this is the first I've heard of it being screwed up. Or is it a your-game thing? Hmm. Doesn't JMP mostly play Strangetown? Has he noticed freakish bugginess in that house?
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 01, 21:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had problems with the Summerdream home where the carpool/bus would be down the street with no driver and no one could go anywhere except Captain Hero on her way to work.
gillies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 01, 22:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which other Maxis houses are rigged, and for how long?

Most of the houses in Pleasantview have something that happens on the first day. Brandi Broke is supposed to jump out of any action at 13:00 to lecture Dustin about his grades but this is broken with university installed, so is a telephone call from Angela at about 21:00 asking Dustin to sneak out. The Caliente's house gets burglarised at 0:00 on the first day, and if Mary-Sue gets fired and comes home early and catches Daniel cheating Cassandra will show up on the lot, presumably to help raise Mary-Sue's social and fun because she won't have a very good relationship with anyone else in the house at this time.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 01, 23:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey I've noticed that on my Le Gassey home, the pay at box hack is suddenly not functioning.  My sims are now trekking through the ice and snow in order to put bills back on coffee tables again.

Do FFS hacks have a use-by date or something?

<insert witty comment here>
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 02, 03:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I noticed the pay-at-the-box function was kind of wonky at the Dreamer house, but since I never had problems at other lots, and didn't play them much, I just let it go and pretty much forgot about. So there are hard-wired bill issues? I'm not crazy? Or, at any rate, not about this? Good to know. So, Dreamer's have funky bills, Broke's have weird family relations, Goth's have (usually) messed up wedding. Lothario likely to burn house. Someone at Maxis/EA has a weird sense of humor.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 02, 03:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have also noticed the same thing, except in all my houses - either the Pay at Box option just doesn't work, and the Sim treks the freakin' bill right back into the house, up three flights of stairs just to deposit it on some far-flung table.... OR I just don't get any bills at all - the option to unsticky bills comes up on the Lot Debugger, but they never actually seem to unsticky.

Fortunately for everyone, the Repo man seems to be on holiday right now, so none of my Sims have to suffer the trauma of having their favourite painting/oven/flamingo removed...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 02, 06:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I seem to have opened a whole can of Maxis worms here!

After the first time I played Pleasantview, none of the other houses got the programmed events as I managed to forestall them in some way quite often by simply moving familes out before the event, or in the Goth case, getting Cassandra to break it off before the wedding!  But obviously, the Dreamers was a little different, the bills had to be paid, and presumably whatever has been done to the lot is still effective, or the no-pay-at-box has some other cause.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: