More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:21:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 746688 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #875 on: 2009 April 14, 22:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see Reggikkowinkle has let you out of your closet again.

He was supposed to be cleaning, not posting!  Wink
simstwoplayergirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2009 April 27, 13:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there - I don't normally post - I just read all the posts and can get  my questions answered - I understand what I need to do to get rid of secuROM - I have two questions - I have everything installed and patched except Family Fun Stuff and the Holiday Pack - I am waiting for them to arrive in the mail in a few days - anyhoo -

1) do I have to uninstall the game before I can uninstall the secuRom?
2) if I do not have to unistall the game - when I get the last SP packs - can I just install them and then run the game with the crack version of Mansions and Gardens? (or do I have uninstall and install in order?)

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated - and thanks for the post - I had no idea what was going on with my game - I could play 2x then it would not load for me - I hope there is no damage to my computer.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2009 April 27, 13:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there - I don't normally post - I just read all the posts and can get  my questions answered - I understand what I need to do to get rid of secuROM - I have two questions - I have everything installed and patched except Family Fun Stuff and the Holiday Pack - I am waiting for them to arrive in the mail in a few days - anyhoo -

What is this "wait in the mail", of which you speak.  Pirate Cat doesn't pay for his downloads.

1) do I have to uninstall the game before I can uninstall the secuRom?
2) if I do not have to unistall the game - when I get the last SP packs - can I just install them and then run the game with the crack version of Mansions and Gardens? (or do I have uninstall and install in order?)

1) No, do not uninstall the game.  Simply follow the remove secuROM steps as provided at the top of the thread.  Leave the game where it is.
2) M&G is the latest stuffpack/EP.  The packs you are waiting for are earlier packs (by release date).  You will continue to run from the no-cd for M&G.

Tribulatio proxima est
simstwoplayergirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2009 April 27, 14:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the speedy reply - I have just completed the first part of the uninstall of secuRom - getting ready to do the next - then I will download the no-cd version of M&G..........
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2009 May 01, 00:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it happened had a no cd on the free time daughter went in and downloaded the Mansion and Garden on it. You guessed it  the patch was not remove from the last EP. So now I am wondering because she had done this does she have Securerom on her pc now? I was also looking for a new nocd patch for M&G and was not able to find one that was workable. I have worked with them in the past and would like to stick with them jsut cant find one.

Thank You
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2009 May 01, 09:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now I am wondering because she had done this does she have Securerom on her pc now?
SecuROM installs itself as soon as the original exe that comes with it (in this case, the M&G exe) is run. So if she played M&G already, then yes. If she just installed it without playing afterwards, then no.
I was also looking for a new nocd patch for M&G and was not able to find one that was workable. I have worked with them in the past and would like to stick with them jsut cant find one.
There is one which works just fine on gamecopyworld. The link to GCW must be in this thread somewhere, or google.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: 2009 May 01, 13:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it happened had a no cd on the free time daughter went in and downloaded the Mansion and Garden on it. You guessed it  the patch was not remove from the last EP. So now I am wondering because she had done this does she have Securerom on her pc now? I was also looking for a new nocd patch for M&G and was not able to find one that was workable. I have worked with them in the past and would like to stick with them jsut cant find one.

This is a perfect example of a post that deserves sporking for extremely poor use of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, use (or non-use) of capital letters in proper places, etc.  However, I (and I suspect others as well) sometimes feel that if the person is "not of the English-speaking world", some leniency might be granted.  How to tell the ESLs from the true idiots, is the issue.  If persons could indicate on their profile where (broadly speaking) they are hailing from, this would be easier.  Considering that this is unlikely to happen, we must make our own judgements, if ESL has not been specifically and explicitly invoked.

YOUR PARAGRAPH - NONSENSICAL!!

That said, you can not get secuROM on a machine simply by leaving a no-cd in.  Once you patch your game, it is patched, and you leave the patch.  When you add a new EP, you need to get the no-cd for the new EP (if it is a later EP than any others in your game).  If you play without the no-cd for the latest EP, the disk will install secuROM on your system.  However, having a no-cd for an earlier EP still on the system will have no relevant effect.

If your daughter played an M&G game without a no-cd crack, you have secuROM.

Also, it is not really a "patch" - try searching Gamecopyworld for a "no-cd crack" or a "no-dvd crack".

Tribulatio proxima est
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2009 May 01, 13:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to the site suggested. I then downloaded the no dvd fix. Sims2MansionAndGardenStuffv1.0NoDVDFixedexeEng.7z.  This format is not familiar to me.  The no-cd patches I have done in the past were in the format of exe.  Also on the game site it mentions that this would be in a winrar or other zip program and it was not . Not sure if I am down loading the right item. Would appreciate some help.

Thank you

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2009 May 01, 13:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.7z is a kind of zip format.  Winrar should open it.  You will find the .exe file inside.

Tribulatio proxima est
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2009 May 04, 22:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumb question here about the removal tool download. Is that supposed to be in Winzip form ? Cause I'm getting an executable file and am not getting any kind of installation message.  Sorry about this but I am so ready to be rid of SecuROM I am willing to take all prodding with sticks and other insults to get it off my computer. Tongue
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: 2009 May 08, 09:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish to announce as a GM for Prism that:

Securom Removal just got easier with the introduction of the Reclaim Your Game Securom Removal Batch file:

http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=282&Itemid=106

As you would be aware, the SecuRom removal tool provided by Sony does not remove all SecuRom files and without completing the process properly, SecuRom will automatically reinstall itself on your pc. Until now we have had to manually remove each of these files, a process which can only be described as daunting for the average user.

Removing Securom is now as easy as making sure you've got the right tools on your pc, running the Batch File and SecuRom is gone! Designed by our very own Midfingr and exhaustively tested by the staff of RYG/Prism.

Please note if you have the EADM installed on your pc, you will still need to remove that separately before you uninstall Securom. If you experience any errors these are likely due to not having that particular entry on your pc, as the files in each version of SecuRom can vary. If you have any issues with the use of this tool, please visit The Prism and advise us so we can ensure the tool is as perfect as it can be.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2009 May 08, 10:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome. I've added the link to StumbleUpon.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2009 May 08, 14:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job! Spread the word-we'll lick that darn securom yet, won't we? Cool
snowluv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2009 May 08, 15:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish to announce as a GM for Prism that:

Securom Removal just got easier with the introduction of the Reclaim Your Game Securom Removal Batch file:

http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=282&Itemid=106

As you would be aware, the SecuRom removal tool provided by Sony does not remove all SecuRom files and without completing the process properly, SecuRom will automatically reinstall itself on your pc. Until now we have had to manually remove each of these files, a process which can only be described as daunting for the average user.

Removing Securom is now as easy as making sure you've got the right tools on your pc, running the Batch File and SecuRom is gone! Designed by our very own Midfingr and exhaustively tested by the staff of RYG/Prism.

Please note if you have the EADM installed on your pc, you will still need to remove that separately before you uninstall Securom. If you experience any errors these are likely due to not having that particular entry on your pc, as the files in each version of SecuRom can vary. If you have any issues with the use of this tool, please visit The Prism and advise us so we can ensure the tool is as perfect as it can be.

Many,many thanks for this info.  After stumbling about and reading every post in this thread, I was totally lost.  Is the EADM for objects one downloads from the EA Store? I have no intentions of supporting the EA Store and have never downloaded anything from it.  Also, I cannot find any references to it on my computer.  Again, thank the folks at Prism for making the removal tool . This was something that never should have happened and I hope EA has learned it's lesson about expecting us to just accept whatever they want to do when it comes to invading our privacy.
krissy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2009 May 08, 18:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ordered The sims 2: Free Time Limited Edtion game on Amazon just a few ours ago, and then I started hearing about this "SecRom" thing that can mess up the computer on Win. !? I have a New Toshiba Vista Laptop and REALLY don't want it to be ruined by playing the game (Sims 2 and free time) that I've been wanting for a LOOONNGG time! What's the FIRST steps I shoyld take in making sure my laptop stays in great shape as it has been and STILL play Sims 2 (the EP'S) AND Sims 3??
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2009 May 08, 18:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ordered The sims 2: Free Time Limited Edtion game on Amazon just a few ours ago, and then I started hearing about this "SecRom" thing that can mess up the computer on Win. !? I have a New Toshiba Vista Laptop and REALLY don't want it to be ruined by playing the game (Sims 2 and free time) that I've been wanting for a LOOONNGG time! What's the FIRST steps I shoyld take in making sure my laptop stays in great shape as it has been and STILL play Sims 2 (the EP'S) AND Sims 3??

Removing securom is not a single step - you should do all of them.  If you do only one step, it comes back.  That said:

1) get the securom removal tool posted by MaryH a few posts above yours.  Follow the instructions to remove securom, including using ccleaner and regdelnull (included with the download).  Alternatively, you can follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to remove securom completely.

2) get a no-cd or no-dvd crack from Gamecopyworld for your latest EP.  If you do not have AL or M&G, then FT will be your latest EP (once your copy arrives).  Install the game normally, but do not launch it until you install the no-cd crack.  Make sure your desktop icon points to the no-cd crack to launch the game (not to the original .exe file or the launcher - never use the launcher).

If you do step 1 without doing step 2, securom will reinstall itself the next time you play your game.

If you still have questions, read our FAQ, and the first post of this thread.  Additionally, there are 37 pages of information specifically related to problems with securom and how to remove it in this thread.  Read them.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #891 on: 2009 May 09, 13:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yayz! I can haz NO Securom! WOOHOO!

Srsly, thanks guys, especially the creator of the removal tool.  Kiss Worked great! (All EPs/SPs)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2009 May 09, 13:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #893 on: 2009 May 09, 13:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame they can't develop a Pescado-Bot-Removal tool. Roll Eyes Tongue

MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2009 May 10, 03:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, that's not in our skill-set.  Cool

We have enough on our plate with Securom, thank you.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
username
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2009 May 13, 08:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to install the post Seasons expansions and I can't get the no cd crack to work.  I've followed the seemingly simple instructions in the beginning of this thread.  I've downloaded the correct patch from gamecopyworld.com, placed it in program files\EA games\the Sims 2 last ep\ TS bin, then I created a short cut to the crack.  But, when I try to run the game from the crack instead of starting the game my computer just asks me which program I would like to open the patch in.  So what am I doing wrong?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #896 on: 2009 May 13, 09:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might sound like a really daft question, but if I run Numenor's Anygamestarter with different configs, do I need to have no-cd's for all the expansions/stuff packs .exes? I'm guessing yes, but I need confirmation before I do it.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2009 May 13, 11:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might sound like a really daft question, but if I run Numenor's Anygamestarter with different configs, do I need to have no-cd's for all the expansions/stuff packs .exes? I'm guessing yes, but I need confirmation before I do it.
Yes. You'll be asked to insert the correct "original" game CD/DVD for the latest EP in the respective AnyGame (e.g. if you have an AG up to BV, it wants the BV CD/DVD).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: 2009 May 13, 12:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought so, but checked to be on the safe side. Thanks SHW.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: 2009 May 13, 17:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You'll be asked to insert the correct "original" game CD/DVD for the latest EP in the respective AnyGame (e.g. if you have an AG up to BV, it wants the BV CD/DVD).

Confirmed.  Also, for the record, you probably won't find no-CD's for the base game and the first couple of EP's.  The copy protection they used back then was trivial enough that things like GameJackal could get around it, so nobody apparently bothered with cracks.  (If anyone knows differently, please share!)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: