More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:29:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 741977 times)
t r a c y
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #650 on: 2008 June 30, 18:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've never had to do that before, so i'll figure out how to do that and give it a try, thanks.

oh, well, that was nice and easy!  thanks again  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 June 30, 18:59:56 by t r a c y » Logged

if you can't be a good example you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2008 July 01, 04:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...am i retarded?

Since you don't appear to be able to locate your shift key, I would have to say yes.

Here's what it looks like.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2008 July 02, 19:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have scanned the readme visually, but see no mention of the word SecuRom...maybe I'm missing it OR...maybe FEAR has it too...Is there a list somewhere of games that contain SecuRom, other than the Sims 2 Eps ?

Use this for your game protection hunting:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/gamedb.php?letter=F
(I have kindly pointed you to the page you need for this question)

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2008 July 03, 00:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok...taking a risk here and hoping that this question hasn't been asked a dozen times already....(ps. I DID read a ton of the previous pages, but it becomes very overwhelming to someone that is NOT very computer savvy and wants help)

I have ALL of the expansions...I have zero Stuff Packs...I have installed the second Free time patch on my computer...

I have also determined that I HAVE SecuRom.   

So, the question is...

Does anyone know if the game F.E.A.R has SecuRom in it as well?  I performed a simple file search on my documents for securom, and I got a result from the readme file in my Program Files/Sierra/FEAR directory.

I have scanned the readme visually, but see no mention of the word SecuRom...maybe I'm missing it OR...maybe FEAR has it too...Is there a list somewhere of games that contain SecuRom, other than the Sims 2 Eps ?

You can also use a program called Protection ID where you scan the exe for the game and it tells you what protection is being used (if any) and some other tidbits.

http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/ProtectionID.html

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2008 July 03, 19:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all ... BAAAH for making a spot where SecuROM is discussed in an intelligent and mature manner, it is really refreshing  Wink

I do not have had any, visible, issues with SecuROM yet, but I got curious about how all this remove-SecuROm-stuff works + I would like to start using a NOCD, to spare my DVD, so I went on with the instructions that Zazazu gave us in the first post. It appears that Iīm in the same situation as Tchan, Tsarina, Lullabelle and TashaFaun ...

I get to this part of the instructions:
Download regdelnull.exe and place it in C:\
Go to "Run" and type in "cmd", then type the following:

cd C:\
regdelnull hkcu -s
regdelnull hku -s

The two regdelnull calls above will scan the whole of HKEY_CURRENT_USER (abbreviated to HKCU) and HKEY_USERS (abbreviated to HKU). It's possible you may find other null registry keys during the scans, since you're not targeting *just* the SecuROM keys doing it this way. regdelnull will prompt you with the full pathname of every key it finds though, which will contain the name "SecuROM" if it's one of the ones you're after, so you can check names and only respond "y" to delete those two.
but there isnīt any key that match that description.  Huh

I have all EPīs and SPīs except for IKEA SP + I have downloaded the free SPORE trial and tested it out ... SecuROM should be there by now, right  Huh

I have Norton Antivirus/Internet Security ... someone mentioned that that could have an affect, canīt find the post right now.

So ... can I sit back and relax or did I miss something ? I did try to read all the posts in this thread, but it is a long thread and if I may quote psikfreak
I'm computer literate enough to realize just how illiterate I am

If I do have SecuROM lurking somewhere and canīt get to it, can I install a NOCD crack anyway or will SecuROM protest and prevent me from playing ...

Rose
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2008 July 06, 14:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a no-DVD crack for Free Time 1.13 on GameBurnWorld this morning. http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2freetime.shtml

Is 1.13 the version number of Free Time with the latest patch? Are the no-DVD and no-CD cracks interchangeable?
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2008 July 06, 14:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Yes. This is for the latest patch, and by that I mean, not patch number two. Er-- anyway, for your questions-- yes and yes.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2008 July 07, 02:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see this posted anywhere in this thread (and yes, I did read it all before replying), so I'm going to ask.

I'm running Windows x64 and attempted to follow the removal instructions.  For most of the steps I could not find the files indicated.  I'm not sure if this means that SecuRom was not running on my computer or if I missed something.  Below are the steps I followed and the result:

1. Download regdelnull.exe and use it to delete regdelnull hkcu -s and regdelnull hku -s.   These scans did not find any files to delete.
2. Type "uaservice7 /remove" in "c:\windows\system32". This was not found.  I also actually scanned my entire computer for that service and did not find it anywhere.
3. Type "regsvr32 /u cmdlineext.dll" in "c:\windows\system32". This one I had to adjust a little bit.  I did the exact same thing, but with file CmdLineExt_x64.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 instead (after verifying that the file was a SecuRom file).
4. Reboot and then manually delete the files "uaservice7.exe" and "cmdlineext.dll" from "c:\windows\system32". Again, I couldn't find the uaservice7.exe, and I had to delete the CmdLineExt_x64.dll instead.
5. Removal of Securom files under "C:\Documents and Settings"  I couldn't find these files anywhere on my computer.
6. Check your registry files. Still see any keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER---Software---Securom? Just delete the suckers. Did this.
7. You need to start loading from a no-CD crack. Did this.

In general, my game seems to be more stable (less crashes and actually launches when I tell it to), but I don't know if I actually had a problem with SecuRom to begin with.  It doesn't appear that the service was running on my PC.  Maybe the No-CD.exe fixed some other problem I had instead.  Any thoughts?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2008 July 07, 13:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In general, my game seems to be more stable (less crashes and actually launches when I tell it to), but I don't know if I actually had a problem with SecuRom to begin with.  It doesn't appear that the service was running on my PC.  Maybe the No-CD.exe fixed some other problem I had instead.  Any thoughts?

If you loaded the game on an administrator account it is possible that the SecuROM entries in registry were not there, especially if you did not run the game while online.  In any case, if you searched and destroyed, as you described, you should be fine.  Kill what's there - if it isn't there, rejoice.

Tribulatio proxima est
catpaw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2008 July 08, 14:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought BV when it first came out, and had to remove it because of SecuROM - first my game stopped working when I tried to load it - "insert the original game disk" blah blah - then it started screwing with other games on my computer, and I had to reinstall another game after removing BV and SecuROM. I'm thinking about putting BV back on my computer and getting Freetime, but I don't want SecuROM fucking up my game. However, I'm apprehensive about downloading a no-CD crack. Not only is it completely illegal (even though I already paid for a legitimate copy), but I'm nervous about getting viruses and crap on my computer from downloading a crack. Can I install BV or FT from the CD, and remove SecuROM without having to uninstall the games? Or will this make my computer blow up? (Despite all the warnings about deleting SecuROM at the Tom's Hardware Forums link, I deleted SecuROM after removing BV and didn't have any problems; except I removed SecuROM after uninstalling BV, and didn't try to play BV without SecuROM).

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2008 July 08, 15:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running the BV .exe will just reinstall SecuROM. And it's always a good idea to have an antivirus program and scan your cracks for viruses before running them. And I'm a little intrigued by your statement that it is "completely illegal" - do they have levels of illegality now? - but that's another subject entirely.

Besides, installing a rootkit onto your computer without your consent is illegal, too. Fight fire with fire, eh?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2008 July 08, 16:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not "completely illegal" to play a legitimately purchased copy of the game with a no-cd crack.  You have the disks and the license to use.  All the no-cd does is make it so that you don't have to insert your disks when you play, thus saving them from wear and tear.  It also does not stick you with securom, which has nothing to do with your legitimate license rights to use the software, but is likely an illegal intrusion on your privacy.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2008 July 08, 18:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm a little intrigued by your statement that it is "completely illegal" - do they have levels of illegality now? - but that's another subject entirely.

A bit illegal - speeding
Mostly illegal - robbery
Pretty much illegal - murder
Completely illegal - playing the sims with a no-cd exe.

Smiley

(BBS brainwashing at its finest...)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
catpaw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2008 July 08, 22:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I realize that the "completely illegal" sounds dumb - I'm nitpicking, but I don't consider downloading a song or an old video game (one that isn't being sold commercially anymore) to be as bad as downloading the Sims 2.

I'll probably get the no-CD crack, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't screw up my computer...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2008 July 09, 13:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably get the no-CD crack, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it doesn't screw up my computer...

Many of us here have been playing with no-cd exes for a long time; so long as you get it from a reliable source (i.e., gamecopyworld), it's highly unlikely it'll do anything to your computer.  In fact, you have better odds of SecuROM screwing up your computer than any no-cd exe that keeps it from being installed in the first place.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2008 July 09, 18:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't consider downloading a song or an old video game (one that isn't being sold commercially anymore) to be as bad as downloading the Sims 2.

As to screwing up your computer, it is more likely that the "legit" purchased copy will bork your computer than a clean torrent version.  As this is the case, from a "protect your investment" perspective, buying new EPs would be bad.

Tribulatio proxima est
fantasy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2008 July 10, 19:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank-god I was linked to this site. Cheesy I have The Sims 2, Uni, Nightlife, OFB, Pets,Seasons, and the nightmare BonVoyage and NO stuff packs. Everything was working perfectly until I installed Bon Voyage then mysteriously my CD drives and Bonvoyage completely stopped working.I went to the net and found out about this Securom abomination. Damn EA. I used their Securom removal tool off their website and I think it was deleted(my drives starting working again so I guess it was), but if I installed BonVoyage again it would just come back so for the past 7 months I have not being playing the Sims at all. However, my sisters and I leave for college in August and we have been getting nostalgic about playing the Sims again before we leave so against my better judgment(I know the Securom b.s.is on it) I went and brought Fun-time two days ago. I have not installed it yet.I am uninstalling all my packs.I want to start fresh.BonVoyage will not be installed  back on my computer even if Securom gets permately deleted off. It was a boring waste of a pack anyway. Pets, even though it was Securom free, will not be installed back either it was another waste. I'm not computer savvy so bear with me. Embarrassed

What is a no crack CD, and if it will permately not allow Securom on my computer where can I get it. Is it something to download or do have to buy it? There's so many instructions on how to remove Securom permately on the first page it made my head spin. So which one should I go with ? Do I install all the packs that don't have Securom on them first, then when I get ready to install Funtime, do I download this CD crack thing first and then install Funtime or vice versa? Will this CD crack recognize all the other packs? Should I make sure Securom is permately off my computer before I start reinstalling any of my packs? I have McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007,  Avast anti virus 4.8. and Rogue Malware Removal tool all running on my computer.Is this going to be a problem? I think this happened when I sent my computer in to get a new hard drive but for some reason when it came back a message popped up saying one of my  Nvidia SLI graphic cards has been removed. I've always had two graphics cards when playing the Sims now that I only have one  for some mysterious reason how will this effect game play since the Sims 2 and its expansions have always seemed to need the best of the best or near it to run properly?Thank-you. Smiley
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2008 July 10, 21:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can answer these: No CD cracks are free, get them at gamecopyworld.com. Also, remove SecuROM before using, because it won't automatically remove it, just keep you from getting it again. TS2 shouldn't be affected terribly by having one less graphics card - I'm running it fine on a computer from around 2000 that is very very obsolete, and it's only a little laggy. And finally, having lots of virus/malware protection won't cause issues with removal, but SecuROM will probably try to kill them since they're trying to, y'know, protect you from malware like it.

On a side note: Why are so many people calling Freetime Funtime? Is it different in international versions or something?

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2008 July 10, 22:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note: Why are so many people calling Freetime Funtime? Is it different in international versions or something?

Yes; some of the foreign language versions translate to 'Fun Time' in English. I think BV had a slightly different name in some languages, too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
fantasy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2008 July 10, 22:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LoL, That was mistake on my part.  I live in America and have the American version it 's just for some odd reason Funtime sounds better than Freetime to me and that's what I keep accidentally calling it. Anyway, so basically I uninstall all the packs first ,then do all the Securom removal stuff that's on the first page, then reinstall all the packs, then install Freetime but when it asks what folder to put it in doing installation I go to the CD crack website and follow the instructions from there. Am I right so far?

EDit: Okay I went to gamecopyworld and I swear it's like I'm looking at a foreign language. Does it
matter which mirror(whatever that's supposed to mean) I go in? It's seven of them and  I went in the first one. Then In the search bar I put Sims 2 Freetime. It then gave me this list below. Which one do I choose? And what in the world is a game trainer and unlockers and should I even worry about that? Also, The instructions say first install the whole game. Um, but if I do that wouldn't Securom just install as well and I thought the whole purpose of doing this was so securom wouldn't install with the game? Also if  I decide not to uninstall any of my expansions that includes infected with securom bonvoyage would the cd crack for freetime overwrite the problems with bon voyage or do I just go on ahead and do a complete uninstall and if I do that and reinstall bon voyage do I use the cd crack for freetime since I'm installing that right after or do I use a a cd crack for bon voyage and a cd crack for free time? Also can I skip the step for the fun time crack about the official patch(the first one) I've never did patches for any of my games because I've never had a reason to and I doubt the first freetime patch is still available since EA has come out with the second one.

Game Fixes:

* The Sims 2: Freetime v1.13.0.161 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
    * The Sims 2: Freetime v1.1 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
    * The Sims 2: Freetime [MULTI3] No-DVD/Fixed Image
    * The Sims 2: Freetime v1.0 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE

Game Trainers & Unlockers:

* The Sims 2: Freetime v1.0 +3 TRAINER
list

« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 00:04:43 by fantasy » Logged
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2008 July 11, 00:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can help with part of this. You will only get the FT one because that is the latest one.
Securom is in the cd, but it will not be installed unless you launch from the play button. If you replace the exe file with the no cd one you will not be launching the game normally, and thus not installing the securom (you will save the old file with .bak at the end of it-just in case you have to go back to the original game)
I'm not sure right now which one is the original no cd crack. There have been others added, because of the patches added on the home site. If you don't have the patches, it would probably be the

I'm sure that's the one I have. I don't have the patches.  (I do have the fixes found in this site, though!)
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2008 July 11, 00:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So many questions! Fortunately, I had couple glasses of wine with dinner, so I'm in the mood to help.

(snip) Anyway, so basically I uninstall all the packs first ,then do all the Securom removal stuff that's on the first page, then reinstall all the packs, then install Freetime but when it asks what folder to put it in doing installation I go to the CD crack website and follow the instructions from there. Am I right so far? 
Uninstallation/reinstallation is not required. Skip straight to removal of SecuROM, download CD crack, then run the game using the crack.

EDit: Okay I went to gamecopyworld and I swear it's like I'm looking at a foreign language. Does it
matter which mirror(whatever that's supposed to mean) I go in? It's seven of them and  I went in the first one. Then In the search bar I put Sims 2 Freetime. It then gave me this list below. Which one do I choose? And what in the world is a game trainer and unlockers and should I even worry about that? Also, The instructions say first install the whole game. Um, but if I do that wouldn't Securom just install as well and I thought the whole purpose of doing this was so securom wouldn't install with the game?
Mirror does not matter. I just pick a random one, and it's fine.

SecuROM does not install until you RUN the game from the original executable file. The "install the game" note is just for the people that think that all they need to play the game is the cracked executable.

Also if  I decide not to uninstall any of my expansions that includes infected with securom bonvoyage would the cd crack for freetime overwrite the problems with bon voyage or do I just go on ahead and do a complete uninstall and if I do that and reinstall bon voyage do I use the cd crack for freetime since I'm installing that right after or do I use a a cd crack for bon voyage and a cd crack for free time?
That has to be the longest question I've ever seen. But in short, you don't need to uninstall anything. If your most recent expansion is FreeTime, that's the crack you choose.

Also can I skip the step for the fun time crack about the official patch(the first one) I've never did patches for any of my games because I've never had a reason to and I doubt the first freetime patch is still available since EA has come out with the second one.

Game Fixes:

* The Sims 2: Freetime v1.13.0.161 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
    * The Sims 2: Freetime v1.1 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
    * The Sims 2: Freetime [MULTI3] No-DVD/Fixed Image

Game Trainers & Unlockers:

* The Sims 2: Freetime v1.0 +3 TRAINER
list

Ah, damn, skye already responded. But to reiterate skye's statement, since you have not applied any patches, use * The Sims 2: Freetime v1.0 [MULTI16] No-DVD/Fixed EXE

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2008 July 11, 04:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM does not install until you RUN the game from the original executable file. The "install the game" note is just for the people that think that all they need to play the game is the cracked executable.
Not completely true. It does not install until you Run the game, on an Admin account. On an account without admin control, it will install upon game Install.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 06:18:21 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
fantasy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2008 July 11, 05:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I did this(below) and it said scan complete 2 times and there was not anything there for me to delete so I guess I don't have Securom anymore. Just to be on the safe side I downloaded this as well. DelinvFile from http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm This was an alternate step. Not one file said Securom anything on it. So does this mean that this worked? http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=341. I didn't uninstall bonvoyage but I used the Securom utility to get all the registry  keys off and I did not play bonvoyage anymore after that because their tool said by relaunching it, it will put securom back on. So if EA's utility tool, worked and it seems like it has, can I go on ahead and install Free time and then put the crack in.

Download regdelnull.exe and place it in C:\
Go to "Run" and type in "cmd", then type the following:

cd C:\
regdelnull hkcu -s
regdelnull hku -s

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2008 July 11, 14:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not completely true. It does not install until you Run the game, on an Admin account. On an account without admin control, it will install upon game Install.

Oh, right... I always forget that part, since I play on an Admin account.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: