More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:23:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742151 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #500 on: 2008 April 13, 20:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes japinard, did you even skim the first part of this thread?  Roll Eyes

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2008 April 17, 20:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch and then use a patched no-cd for the latest ep, which would be FT.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2008 April 19, 16:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't install a SP until the next EP comes out, but I want to use the K&B stuff before the fall.  I d/l'd the no CD for K&B.  Put my original EXE for FT back in the Program Files where it belonged.  Installed K&B.

Unzipped what I d/l'd.  The 5.48Mb exe file is Sims2SP7.  What do I replace with this?

Replacing the exe in the FT folder does not seem to work and replacing the one in the K&B folder does not seem to work either.  Or am I just being punished for installing a SP before the next EP.  Dammit.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2008 April 19, 16:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should replace the file with the exact same file name. Sims2SP7.exe, which means it's K&B executable.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2008 April 19, 17:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should replace the file with the exact same file name. Sims2SP7.exe, which means it's K&B executable.

OK, then do I start the game off of the original FT exe?  Or put in the no cd FT exe again?

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2008 April 19, 17:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put the FT crack back in, otherwise you'll get infected by SecuRom
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2008 April 19, 17:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent!  Thank you, crystalclear, for making that... well, crystal clear.   Wink

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2008 April 19, 21:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't even need a no-cd for K&B as it never runs from it's exe you only needed to put the FT one back.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2008 April 19, 23:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't even need a no-cd for K&B as it never runs from it's exe you only needed to put the FT one back.

Oddly, I found I did need the bathroom crack, even though I was running from the FT crack. Maybe it checks something?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2008 April 26, 03:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, I found I did need the bathroom crack, even though I was running from the FT crack. Maybe it checks something?

I have torrent version of bathroom and freetime.  I am running from the ft crack.  I don't have the bathroom one unless it was already in the torrent.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2008 April 26, 03:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reloaded my machine yesterday. I found I only needed the FT crack, didn't use the bathroom one at all. Maybe my machine was already going spazzy before.

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2008 April 29, 05:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im confused as to whether I would need Daemon Lite or pro. I have never used it before so it seems very confusing to me. I have never used torrents before either, but I am having real bad luck with me discs not running ehem. Anywho trying to get K&B stuff, but maybe i'm too dumb to figure it out lol.

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2008 April 30, 16:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im confused as to whether I would need Daemon Lite or pro. I have never used it before so it seems very confusing to me. I have never used torrents before either, but I am having real bad luck with me discs not running ehem. Anywho trying to get K&B stuff, but maybe i'm too dumb to figure it out lol.
If all you want to do is run a virtual copy of the game, then all you need is the lite version, pro does more then what you need, and considering that you seem to be just starting out, probably beyond you at the moment.

If your discs aren't working, when they probably should, go back to the first page of this thread and the first couple of pages, and check the instructions to know what to look for in regards to traces of securom.

pieridae
Tasty Tourist

There's nothing cuter than an alcoholic kitten.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #513 on: 2008 May 01, 15:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi all!  thanks for the thread.  I just got bon Voyage and just heard about this SecureRom thing.  Grrr.

I was reading at the Tom's hardware link that the offending game should be uninstalled before attempting to remove securom, but here some say no, you don't have to uninstall.  Can someone who REALLY understands computers please tell me which it is?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2008 May 01, 16:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi all!  thanks for the thread.  I just got bon Voyage and just heard about this SecureRom thing.  Grrr.

I was reading at the Tom's hardware link that the offending game should be uninstalled before attempting to remove securom, but here some say no, you don't have to uninstall.  Can someone who REALLY understands computers please tell me which it is?

I suspect that Tom's hardware is suggesting that the "offending" game should be uninstalled, because removing securom with the game still installed would result in securom being reinstalled the next time you played your game using the game disks.

The method for securom removal described by Zazazu on the first page of this thread DOES NOT require removal of the game.  Do not uninstall the game first.  Follow the steps as per the tutorial in this thread.  Get a no-cd crack for your latest EP (you only need a no-cd crack for the latest one).  Follow the steps for installing.  Running from the no-cd crack has the benefit of 1) making it so you never have to insert you disks before playing again; and 2) not reinstalling securom.

To recap:  For the method for securom removal described in this thread, Tom's hardware is wrong.  Do not uninstall your game first.

Tribulatio proxima est
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2008 May 01, 16:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...because if you do, and then install the game, you'll get SecuRom again. Which would suck.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2008 May 01, 16:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To recap:  For the method for securom removal described in this thread, Tom's hardware is wrong.  Do not uninstall your game first.
That's why I started quoting from Step 2. The Tom's Hardware link was bibliographic. Only uninstall game if you don't want it anymore.
...because if you do, and then install the game, you'll get SecuRom again. Which would suck.
Not usually. If you are on an administrator account and put the crack in before running the game, SecuROM doesn't trigger as it would only trigger from the default executable. But if you aren't on an administrator account, yeah.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2008 May 01, 16:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are on an administrator account and put the crack in before running the game, SecuROM doesn't trigger as it would only trigger from the default executable. But if you aren't on an administrator account, yeah.

I suspect this scenario does not apply to pieridae's situation.  Sounds like she's been running the game already, and so likely has securom on her system, administrator account or not.

Tribulatio proxima est
pieridae
Tasty Tourist

There's nothing cuter than an alcoholic kitten.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: 2008 May 01, 17:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you jolrei and zazazu.  that's what i was thinking too, but y'all clearly know more about this stuff than i do, so it's nice to have the reassurance before i begin. 

pieridae

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2008 May 01, 21:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch gives peridot a present

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2008 May 02, 15:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds a bit much for it to be Securom related, you said you removed signed of securom? If you did and they are still gone it is certainly not the problem. Have you run any programs like Adaware lately? Have you turned off things in your processes that are un-needed? Checked your fire wall logs for things that aren't supposed to be trying to connect?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2008 May 02, 15:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd recommend the next step and going to someplace like http://www.geekstogo.com/. In their forums, they provide great support for removing tricky malware. They helped me with Vundo ages ago, as well as to track down a weird error I was getting a few months ago due to a faulty patch automatically applied to a program I don't even use. Your issues don't sound at all like SecuROM.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2008 May 03, 02:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that you have securom too, as your inability to burn cds and your drive being unrecognizable do indeed sound like it.
Does the burner show up in My computer? Or whatever it's equivalent is for whatever OS you are using. Have you restarted your PC and gone into the BIOS to ensure that it is enabled there?

For future installs, the database here is useful to check, for Securom or the ever evil Starforce, before you install.

VioletKitty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2008 May 04, 17:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, thank you so much for this post.

Back in October, SecuROM immobilized my machine.  It would read only selected DVDs and CDs (the DVDrw was 6 months old at the time).  Just a bit of background, I didn't realize that "Insert the correct CD" was a SecuROM thing at the time.  I thought, into every simmer's life an uninstall/reinstall must fall.  I don't complain about those, I just do it now and then.  When my game starts running slowly, I've found that cleans it up.  That was the worst idea ever, because I could reinstall the base game, but none of the EPs and this meant I couldn't do much about it working with EA (grrrr)...  I ran a CureSecuROM file, and still nothing.

I tried everything I could think of and finally replaced my harddrive (it was something I was considering doing before the crap started anyway, so no big deal).  Well, it appears that SecuROM actually physically affected the DVDrw as the same CDs it would read before it read and likewise the ones it wouldn't it didn't read.  So I replaced my non-functioning DVDr that I had (yes, I had a DVDrw and a DVDr) with a new one.  My DVDr was 5 years old and needing replacing.  I do not blame SecuROM for that, but I do blame it for the DVDrw failure.  I installed up to Seasons like a dream!

Lilke a Good Simmer, I saved all my games before installing BV and I had saved them on an external drive before the hard-drive replacement, so I'm back to where I was before all this started.  I'm a mostly happy Simmer.  I am ready to install BV (and other SecuROM infested software) but before I do I have a couple questions:

1)  Will I need to add this cure (I've downloaded the newest link) to the TSBin of all the SPs that are infested or will just the TSBin of BV be enough?
2)  Similarly, should I rename all the exe's of the SPs to bak's?
3)  Can I add this to my Seasons TSBin and rename it to bak before installing BV so it's erradicated from the beginning?
4)  I'm awaiting FreeTime, will this be addressed for that as well?

Final note, I know you can't answer this but commiserate with me...what the heck was EA thinking?!?!?!

VK :-)

Yes, I wrote the TS1 and TS2 Tutorials.  No, I have no clue what I'm doing in TS3.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2008 May 04, 18:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Violetkitty, I think you may be reading too far into what needs to be done in order to keep securom at bay in the first place. If it is not on your pc already it is as simple as using a no-cd crack.
Install your ep on an admin account only. Rename the exe in your latest EP's Tsbin folder. Drop in a no-cd crack. You do not need one in any other then the ep that you run from. When you install FT the process will be the same.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: