More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:32:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 746882 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #450 on: 2008 March 07, 15:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can reinstall them in any order. It doesn't matter. About the crack thing, it's very simple. The only thing you have to do is copy the crack and paste it to the TSBin folder, and you're set.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 March 07, 16:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled every ep and stuff pack back to pets. I just hope I can remember what order to reinstall in  Cheesy I followed the directions and I'm pretty sure I have suckurom off my pc now!!! for yay. The true test will be when I try and burn a DVD, which I will be doing shortly. Now if I can figure out the whole no cd crack thing for Free Time... ya I've never used one of these before so I feel like a tard. Thanks again for all the help. Much less frustrating than the BBS.

You didn't have to uninstall the games to remove securom with the instructions on the first page. It was only needed if you were using the securom removal tool that EA gave us.

You can reinstall them in any order. It doesn't matter. About the crack thing, it's very simple. The only thing you have to do is copy the crack and paste it to the TSBin folder, and you're set.
Only after renaming the original. If you have trouble figuring out where the no-cd goes then right click on the FT icon on your desktop. Click properties. Click find target. Rename the Sim2ep7.exe that you find there to something like Sims2ep7.bak or Sims2ep7origanal.exe. Then drop in the no-cd. If you ever need to patch then you will need to delete the no-cd, rename the origanal back to the right name, patch and find a patched no-cd , then use these instructions again, rename, drop in no-cd.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 March 07, 18:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't have to uninstall the games to remove securom with the instructions on the first page. It was only needed if you were using the securom removal tool that EA gave us.
DOH! Well thanks again for your help. It is much appreciated. Wink
Oh oh I have another question. Which is the correct link for the FT no cd crack? http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_2_freetime.shtml
I think it would be the EXE one but the fixed image one says it's in English so I'm a tad confused.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 07, 19:51:45 by TheSimSariah » Logged

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 March 07, 20:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morriganrant has a link to a no-cd crack for FT in her signature. Use that one.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2008 March 07, 20:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh, k thanks. I just tried to burn a DVD again and it still didn't work. This is the error I get:" Burning did not complete successfully! However all of the output files were successfully encoded, and they are ready for burning with the appropriate burning software.":
I have Nero 7. I have never had this problem sense before FT. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, Securom didn't appear in my reg after following the steps, so I'm really confused and pissed. I'm either stupid or screwed or both. About to throw this computer out the window.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 March 07, 20:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you want to burn one anyways? You don't really need it with a no cd crack.

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2008 March 07, 20:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not trying to burn the game, i'm trying to burn a dvd. The point is I can't burn any dvd's or cd's now. Which is very very frustrating.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 March 07, 20:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. My reading comprehenshiun. Let me show you my lack of it.

Are you sure you don't have securom then? My only other advice would be to check Nero for updates. Are you trying to burn a DVD on the proper type of DVD? (I learned the hard way about the difference between -DVD R and +DVD R.)

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 March 07, 20:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the same stack of DVD's that I was when I was successfully burning....I don't know

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 March 07, 20:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm. Sorry then. I don't know. I was just trying to throw out some random stuff.  Tongue

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2008 March 07, 23:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not trying to burn the game, i'm trying to burn a dvd. The point is I can't burn any dvd's or cd's now. Which is very very frustrating.

Have you tried burning a CD or DVD with any programs other than Nero? I know my laptop came with a couple of different programs capable of burning CDs/DVDs when I bought it. If you haven't tried that yet, you might want to, since it's a possibility that it's just Nero.

Also, go into C:/Documents and Settings/(insert user name here)/Application Data and make sure there isn't a Securom file there. (You're going to need to have "show hidden files and folders" enabled under folder options if you don't already). If there is, it might explain why your burner isn't working correctly.

I sing along with elevator music.
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2008 March 08, 16:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nero is the only burning software I have. Just seems odd I never has this problem before I installed FT. I went to the directory and there is no Securom folder, but when I was trying to remove it following these instructions, I kept getting "invalid blah blah" or this file does not exist when entering commands in the CMD. There was one specific file that could not be unregistered/deleted no matter how many times I tried (the long one without classes at the end). I have contacted Nero support, hopefully they will be of some help.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 March 08, 17:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried burning using Windows? Windows can burn CDs without any 3rd party software by default. Try that.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 March 08, 18:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sariah, been there, Smiley done that.

I had to re-install Nero which meant I also had to first remove Nero, which turned into a huge task because it would not remove--had to do it manually. I learned a lot about my registry that time.

So try that, remove Nero, and hopefully you won't have to do it manually like I did, then reinstall it.

I am still pissed off at EA for putting that crap on my pc unannounced and then for their very bad response on it. I will never buy another product of theirs, not that I want the crap anyway. But I do want to finish out the Sims2 Eps which means I wil  ARR it. The money they lose to me I will consider repayment for my drive and labor. Smiley
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 March 08, 18:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I put in the no cd crack in my tsbin folder and renamed the olther one .bak. The game wont start, I just get a gray box with an x

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2008 March 08, 19:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried burning using Windows? Windows can burn CDs without any 3rd party software by default. Try that.
Thanks for the advice, you would think that that would work but I have a Sony PC (ya never going that route again) and My particular version of XP doesn't let me burn DVD without other software. Like I can't just put a dvd in one drive and burn directly to my other drive, it simply will not do it. I have also tried putting blank DVD in the burner and adding files to burn, it never works. Yet another attempt by sony to make it difficult to make DVD. I could always burn CD's with or without Nero. Now sense securom I can't. I was told that the reason I can't burn like most can is my version of XP, which was why I had to buy Nero.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2008 March 08, 21:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I put in the no cd crack in my tsbin folder and renamed the olther one .bak. The game wont start, I just get a gray box with an x

Delete your groups.cache found in your sims 2 folder in My Documents. Then report back if that doesn't fix it.
*Snort* So you have a sony drive too? I remember that a lot of people were pissed because Securom attacked their sony drives as well.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2008 March 08, 21:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya real wonderful. I getting my next pc built from Micron (I live in Idaho) OK I tried the groups cache, still didn't work. Just get a gray box with a red X

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2008 March 10, 05:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have BV or Freetime yet, but I was wondering as long as I got the no cd crack for when I play the game, would it be safe to go to the store, buy the game & install it with the original discs, or does just installing it put SecuRom on the computer?
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2008 March 10, 15:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought the FT and installed it, then did the 'no cd crack' thing (to avoid more issues with securom). I then made a shortcut from that, cut that shortcut from the tsbin, and pasted it on my desktop.  I have been playing it very well.

I'm still too 'un-awesome' to figure out the securom removal, but this way I don't do more damage to my machine.

hope I helped
Skye

Oh yeah, funny thing here. In looking at my machines? I have been running these games on an NVidia GeForce 4200 without any problems on the good one! Not sure if that helped anyone, but hey, it's information for future reference.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2008 March 10, 16:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya real wonderful. I getting my next pc built from Micron (I live in Idaho) OK I tried the groups cache, still didn't work. Just get a gray box with a red X
Did you try the Wiki? http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Game_Problem

You put your No-cd, here? C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSBin ?
Where did you get your no-cd? You may want to try another, maybe the file is bad or the download went wrong.

I don't have BV or Freetime yet, but I was wondering as long as I got the no cd crack for when I play the game, would it be safe to go to the store, buy the game & install it with the original discs, or does just installing it put SecuRom on the computer?
Yes, you can buy the game and install with that. Install on a admin account, drop in the no-cd before you even try to open the game.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2008 March 10, 21:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buy the game

It's much easier and cheaper to take another route. There are instructions for said route on this very site.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2008 March 10, 22:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazingly enough, I now have a problem.
I torrented Sim City Societies and it installed just fine. I did not try to play it yet. I, like a dumb ass, patched with the 3rd Societies patch without checking to see if it's protection changed with the patch, before I installed said patch. I then spend an hour or so tring to get the game to run with A:Deamon B: Deamon+YASU, C: No-cd, D:Mini Image. It never started. In some cases, it would give me a "confliction with emulation software" message, others would get "insert correct cd in drive E" ignoring Deamon completely as drive K. OR it would show up in my processes and never start, it's mem usage would stay at one set amount. I learn on Deamon forum that in Societies 3rd patch it blacklists deamon tools.  I get pissed, uninstall Sim City Societies, and reinstall it, no patch. Still more of the same. So ...did I just royally screw my FreeTime over and update the Securom that sits in my system? As now it will not open with it's no-cd either. I'm only asking to make sure that I'm not missing something totally stupid. Sure, I did not have the recommended space for Societies but The Sim2 with all expansions and stuff packs was running and now, even with Societies uninstalled, thus freeing it back up to the same amount of space as before. It will not run.

I am going to try and remove Securom once more regardless, I was just hopping to put it off longer, and I'm having trouble with RegdelNull for some reason. I can't seem to direct it to my C drive. This is a brain fog day, I'm going to go google that issue or else call my personal tech support and feel like an idiot.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2008 March 10, 23:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Mini image+YASU combo?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2008 March 11, 04:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried Mini image+YASU combo?

For Societies, yes. Daemon is completely blacklisted. I wasn't using Daemon for Freetime anymore, I was using a no-cd. I tried a no-cd for Societies as well, it never started, now Freetime is doing the same when previously, it was working fine.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: