More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:18:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742188 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #425 on: 2008 February 27, 18:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmkay. Then I am stumped. It's obviously not a hardware problem, because you can use other games. So... I dunno. Unless this is a new symptom of Suck-u-rom and it wasn't properly deleteted.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2008 February 27, 18:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe u're right... but there is nothing remaining in neither the registry nor anywhere else on the computer... at least nothing visible! I'm gonna ask a friend if he can help me, and maybe I'll write another email to EA... I mean, they must be interested in someone who invested nearly half of his pocket money in their games, no? XD
anyway, thx for ya help!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2008 February 27, 18:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not convinced it is specifically a securom-based problem.  If you followed the steps to remove as provided in the thread, that part should be OK.  However, I can see that there may be problems arising from deleting the game incorrectly and then system restoring which may have left residual things on the system or in registry.  As this would be EA code, it might explain why EA games are the ones affected.  I should note that I am speculating at this point and am not 100% sure.

I have never heard of this particular problem so it is difficult to identify the specific cause or where to look to repair or remove the offending file, code, registry entry, or whatever.  I would agree that it does not sound like a hardware problem or a problem associated with just the Sims discs.

That being said, if it was me (and since it is a drastic step, I can not "advise" you to do this) I would likely back up my data, saved games, hoods, documents, bookmarks, address book, etc. and then reformat the drive and start over.  At least I would be sure that everything was cleared.  It does mean having to reload your whole system (all programs, games, etc.).

Tribulatio proxima est
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2008 February 27, 18:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, I'm afraid u're right.... but that aint good... i don't wanna do this... thx , anyway
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2008 February 27, 18:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe, that if there are things that you want to save, a good PC repair shop can save them for you when you do the reformat. You just have to tell them first, and I am pretty sure, have them all in one location.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2008 February 28, 22:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google is your friend.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2008 February 29, 15:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how far back was your restore point?

Maybe I have it out of order, but if you
a) uninstall the games
b) uninstall Securom
c) go back to a restore point before uninstalling the games

wouldn't you have Securerom back, at least in some partial vestige? And thus be having issues playing various CDs?

INFP or something
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2008 February 29, 17:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of questions.

I never bought Pets so BV was the first EP I had to worry about Securom.  I had read this thread before loading the game so have been running from a no CD hack.  Now I have purchased FreeTime and realize I need to make the game right before I load, but I'm not sure how to do that.  Do I change the Sims2EP6.bak back to Sims2EP6.exe and remove the crack from the TSBin folder?  Then after loading the new EP change the Sims2EP7.exe to .bak, right and load the new hack? 

Second question - I went to gameburnworld to get a No CD hack and picked up a No DVD hack.  Will this work if I bought the game on CD?  Somehow this seems like a simple question, but I really don't know the answer.

Thanks for your help. 
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2008 February 29, 20:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I installed FT, I did NOT need to remove my crack for BV.

Also CD Cracks for CD-rom version DVD cracks for DVD versions. Must match.

speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2008 February 29, 21:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for helping!
lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2008 February 29, 21:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as far as i can tell freetime only comes on cd at least everyone i know who bought it says it is a cd not dvd, yet the no-dvd is the only one available for freetime.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2008 February 29, 22:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The international version (which has been on the market longer) is on DVD.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2008 March 01, 02:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it must match? I think the exe for the DVD and CD version is the same. The autorun.exe and compressed.zip most likely are different, but the actual Sims2EPX.exe usually identical.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2008 March 01, 04:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in both cases all the real .exe does is check for the SecuROM signature on the disk, which would be the same for a CD or a DVD.  So there should be no difference in the .exe at all (and it would surprise me if there were).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 March 01, 05:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I've tried using the dvd version of cracks before and they didn't work. My experience doesn't count for anything, because I can't tell you Why they didn't work. I haven't tried with this game though. Oh, and there is a no-cd in my sig ...for whoever wants it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 March 01, 14:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wound up using the No DVD hack for my game (purchased on CDs) and it is working.  I couldn't find a CD version that I had what I would consider a trustworthy recommendation and was worried about errors caused by a bad hack.  Having it plain old not work was preferable.  (No offense Morriganrant, this was before you posted.)

Anyway, thanks for all your help.  I don't post much, mostly just keep up with what's going on and download the DC regularly.  I honestly don't know what I would do without this site.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 March 03, 06:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NoCD/NoDVD are the same thing. The entire point is to REMOVE the desire to check for a disk, thus rendering the system identical, since nothing needs to be in the drive.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 March 03, 17:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-DvD/CD also works for copies purchased through EALink (or whatever they've renamed it to now).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 March 03, 17:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-DvD/CD also works for copies purchased through EALink (or whatever they've renamed it to now).

Really? Interesting. I've never purchased a game through EALink, in what form do you actually download the game? Is it an iso or one huge executable, or...? Huh
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 March 04, 01:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It installs itself. I never paid attention. I wouldn't recommend it now, because it involves EA putting even more unsolicited crap on your computer.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 March 07, 04:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have to completly uninstall the Sims 2 Freetime to get rid of securom?? If so when I reinstall it, even with a no cd crack won't securom just get reinstalled? Also, if I reinstall and put in my back up folder but use the no-cd crack will that put securom on my pc again? I have not been able to use Nero to burn discs anymore and I'm really peeved. Huh Angry

Female Gamer<br />EQ2 Sariah 50 Warden<br />Sims 2
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 March 07, 04:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have to completly uninstall the Sims 2 Freetime to get rid of securom?? If so when I reinstall it, even with a no cd crack won't securom just get reinstalled? Also, if I reinstall and put in my back up folder but use the no-cd crack will that put securom on my pc again? I have not been able to use Nero to burn discs anymore and I'm really peeved. Huh Angry

Did you read any of this thread?
Even if you uninstall FT, securom will still be there. Once you remove securom, the use of a no-cd will keep it from coming back. You game files have nothing to do with securom. Go back to the beginning of this thread and follow those directions for the removal of securom. if you installed on a non-admin account instead on an admin account, then the securom files that were placed on your computer are a little different, that information is also in this thread.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2008 March 07, 04:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your oh so polite response. I know that uninstalling FT won't get rid of  securom, sorry if that was misleading as I'm a bit tired. What I meant was.....If I uninstall the sims 2 untill say BV and then remove securom, would securom just be reinstalled upon my reinstalling the sims eps, even with the no/cd crack? But I have the answer now. Thanks again,  Undecided

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2008 March 07, 04:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your oh so polite response. I know that uninstalling FT won't get rid of  securom, sorry if that was misleading as I'm a bit tired. What I meant was.....If I uninstall the sims 2 untill say BV and then remove securom, would securom just be reinstalled upon my reinstalling the sims eps, even with the no/cd crack? But I have the answer now. Thanks again,  Undecided
Well for one thing, BV has securom too, as does TSS, H&M, Deluxe and the Stories series, so does every EA game made now. You could remove all securom infected games and use the securom removal tool that EA has provided, I am unsure how well that works though. Once securom is removed, you can install securom infected games (on admin account) and replace the exe with a no-cd. So long as you never play from the original exe you, are fine. I can not endorse the securom removal tool as I have not used it and can not tell you if it gets everything when it's run. Following the instructions at the beginning of this page is probably the best method of removal.

SassyFrass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 March 07, 15:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled every ep and stuff pack back to pets. I just hope I can remember what order to reinstall in  Cheesy I followed the directions and I'm pretty sure I have suckurom off my pc now!!! for yay. The true test will be when I try and burn a DVD, which I will be doing shortly. Now if I can figure out the whole no cd crack thing for Free Time... ya I've never used one of these before so I feel like a tard. Thanks again for all the help. Much less frustrating than the BBS.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: