More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:35:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 746747 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #400 on: 2008 February 26, 18:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I must've had another version on my PC then, because before I reformatted I checked the add/remove and SecuROM was showing up there. Mayhaps I should check my registry then.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 2008 February 26, 18:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi all!!!!!!!
I have a huuuuuuuuge problem! I had securom as well on mypc and I follwed the steps mentioned and eventually deletet that shit! But actually, I'm still not able to run ANY Sims-game! dumb as i am I deleted them all cause I thought that then it'd be possible to run it - that was before I found out everything about securom on your page! Little did I know that I was not going to be able to reinstall ANY Sims-Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but I can't run any of em, It doesn't start, nor does it react when i click Autorun.exe or Setup.exe!
So my problem is:
1) I aint got SecuROM
2) I can't reinstall Sims-Basic version, nor any expansion, of course!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2008 February 26, 19:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greetings everyone,

I seem to have a problem. I had Securom on my PC and I followed the steps and managed to delete it. However, I'm still not able to run Sims games. Dumb as I am, I uninstalled them all because I thought that then it'd be possible to run it without having it installed. Ths was before I read everything about SecuROM in this thread. I am not able to reinstall my Sims games for an unknown reason. Perhaps I am a mongoltard and forgot how to insert the CD? I don't know why, but I can't run any of them, it doesn't start, nor does it react when i click Autorun.exe or Setup.exe.
So my problem is:
1) I don't have got SecuROM

Can you help me?

Fixed.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2008 February 26, 19:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumb as I am, I uninstalled them all because I thought that then it'd be possible to run it without having it installed.

Uninstalled or just deleted? What exactly does "them all" mean? Hang on, let me translate back...

UNINSTAL3D OR JUST DELATED?!??!?!?? OMG WTF LOL WUT 3XACTLEY DOES TH3M AL M3AN?!?!!!?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2008 February 26, 19:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi all!!!!!!!
I have a huuuuuuuuge problem! I had securom as well on mypc and I follwed the steps mentioned and eventually deletet that shit! But actually, I'm still not able to run ANY Sims-game! dumb as i am I deleted them all cause I thought that then it'd be possible to run it - that was before I found out everything about securom on your page! Little did I know that I was not going to be able to reinstall ANY Sims-Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, but I can't run any of em, It doesn't start, nor does it react when i click Autorun.exe or Setup.exe!
So my problem is:
1) I aint got SecuROM

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is today's record folks - less than 7 minutes from registering to total error.  Adonis, you are appearing less than completely godlike.  Think things that eat mud.  Read our FAQ and the other stickies in the Podium section on how to post, or more pertinently, how not to post and come across as a complete pratt.

That said, it sounds like you not only got rid of your securom, but also deleted your sims games and all EPs as well, yes?  If you want to play them, you will need to reinstall them.  If you have borked your registry, or you have made an error uninstalling the game and EPs, that might explain why the install process is failing.  We will, in any case, need more information to help you.  

Can you tell us in reasonable English, without too many exclamation points, how you "deleted" your game (did you uninstall or just delete stuff from directories), what happens when you put your install disk for the base game in the drive (error messages, nothing, blue screen of death, etc?).  I'm assuming your drive is at least working since you seem to be able to see the autorun and setup commands on it.  

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2008 February 26, 19:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei has infinite patience.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2008 February 26, 19:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, so I'm gonna have to explain it once again: First I uninstalled all my sims 2 ep, sims2 basic inlcuded, because I had no clue about SecuRom and thought that would help me to run the game - course it didn't. then I made some system restores (damn, I don't know whether that was good) and finally I came accross this forum and followed the instructions. actually, I managed to delete securom completely from my pc. however, no sims package was installed when I deleted securom and now, it is impossible to reinstall any. help me please!!!

btw: sry for my first comment, but I'm a nervous wreck, I have on that for many days and I'm frustraded cause the lteast ep has just been released in europe and I'd like to buy it, but I wont if I am not even able to lapy the normal game!
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2008 February 26, 19:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, this solution may be temporary, at best, if you play CDs or DVDs in your DVD burner regularly (especially from any Sony Entertainment company) as many of these now also come with a version of Securom.  Securom = disc transmitted disease for your compy.  Abstaining from Sony may be the best policy.
I already got rid three times of Securom. It keeps showing up on the computer that I share with my daughter, probably because she plays CD/DVDs in the burner. Any suggestion on preventive measures that she couldn't circumvent? (Other than to tie my daughter's hands)

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2008 February 26, 20:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, so I'm gonna have to explain it once again: First I uninstalled all my sims 2 ep, sims2 basic inlcuded, because I had no clue about SecuRom and thought that would help me to run the game - course it didn't. then I made some system restores (damn, I don't know whether that was good) and finally I came accross this forum and followed the instructions. actually, I managed to delete securom completely from my pc. however, no sims package was installed when I deleted securom and now, it is impossible to reinstall any. help me please!!!

Why restore the system after you uninstall? Do you have any EA Games or Sims folders left on your system?  Is the stuff all gone?  Might system restore have reloaded some stuff that you just uninstalled?

You may want to try 1) getting a torrent version of the base game and seeing if that installs.  Get one without securom and a no-cd crack for best/easiest results.  2) reformat your drive and start over if there really is something seriously messed up.

Can you install anything at all from your drive (other programs?).

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2008 February 26, 20:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why doesn't it reinstall itself when you put the CDs in? Did you actually go through all the uninstallation process or did you start deleting things?

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2008 February 26, 20:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why restore the system after you uninstall? Do you have any EA Games or Sims folders left on your system?  Is the stuff all gone?  Might system restore have reloaded some stuff that you just uninstalled?

You may want to try 1) getting a torrent version of the base game and seeing if that installs.  Get one without securom and a no-cd crack for best/easiest results.  2) reformat your drive and start over if there really is something seriously messed up.

Can you install anything at all from your drive (other programs?).

yes, i can, without any problems. I have deleted every remaining folder. what do u mean by "get one without securom..."? is securom also on the basic sims2-cd? hmmm..... reformat my drive just for theSims??? well, maybe I'll find another solution
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2008 February 26, 20:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why doesn't it reinstall itself when you put the CDs in? Did you actually go through all the uninstallation process or did you start deleting things?
do u mean securom or the sims? well, if u mean the sims, that's why I'm wondering , too!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2008 February 26, 20:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*head desk*

Did you run uninstall when you "deletet" your Sims games? Or did you just start deleting things willy nilly?

Is the question that complicated?

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2008 February 26, 21:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled them via (damn, that is hard for me in english!) Start/ program access and standards (I don't know if these are the correct enlgish words!). and after that I deleted every remaining folder and registry key from theSims cause it didn't work after I had deleted securom and sims. so I tied to get rid of the rest -> I thought it would work after everything had been deleted.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2008 February 26, 21:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now: Are you getting any error messages when you try to install the game again? Or does it sit in your CD drive and do nothing?

Another thing: be sure to check your registries again for broken any Sims registry. I don't know if all the system restores may have messed something up on this end.

Also, which version of "The Sims Basic" do you have? Only the special editions have Securom on it. So if you have the original CD version or the DVD version, you don't have to worry about Securom getting installed on your PC. BUT if you have the Special Editions that include Nightlife (cars) or Seasons (weather) or Bon Voyage (vacations) then yes, they will have securom on them and you should follow the instructions in the first post about getting a nocd crack to run the game without getting Securom installed on your system.

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2008 February 27, 14:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just sits in my cd-rom drive and does nothing.
acutally, i'm not sure if i have ever had the same problem as you all... My problem was, that couldn't instal any further EP and I always had to start TheSims via Start\Programs\EA Games... Is that the common SecuROM problem? What could it be if it is not? I first realized the problem when I tried to install Teen Stuff, cause nothing happened when I put the CD into my drive and when I tried to start AutoRun manually (that seems ironic to me - I try to start a program called "AutoRun" manually!!!)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2008 February 27, 16:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. It's kinda similiar to my problem, but it happened when my hubby tried to install LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth and Star Wars: Empires at War.

Are you sure it's just Sims games that your cd drive is ignoring?

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2008 February 27, 17:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NO! After having read your comment I tried it with several games! Every game worked, but SimCity 4! what's going on there? Sim City does work, but without AutoRun, I have to start it via Start! Any ideas why???
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2008 February 27, 17:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Well, try this, this is what my husband did to fix ours:

Without a CD in the drive, go to my computer and select your CD Drive. Double click it. It should bring up an empty window, place the CD in the drive. It should automatically load the info into the window you had open. Select setup or install or whichever.

See if that works. Barring that, do you have another PC (friends, relatives, whatever) to test the Sims CDs to see if they're busted?

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2008 February 27, 17:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and itz the same with battle for middleearth!!!!!! so it is something with EA games? but thatz weird, why is that so?
Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2008 February 27, 18:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

omg, red alert 2 doesn't work either! itz the same with all ea games! but where does that come from?Huh?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2008 February 27, 18:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we're discovering why you're not supposed to uninstall SecuROM. *laughs*

If you're not scared of torrenting, maybe you should try to torrent the game instead. I mean, you already have legal copies of the game. So it's not like it's a big deal.

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2008 February 27, 18:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, red alert works. but battle for middle-earth, sim city and sims don't. I can't really get download versions of all of these games, just becuase all of a sudden the can't be installed!!! I have been playing them for years and have often installed, uninstalled and reinstalled them and suddenly I got these probs! i just want a solution, but I'm afraid EA is just uncapable! ufff.....
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2008 February 27, 18:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the method I mentioned above? That's how my hubby managed to get the Battle for Middle Earth to install.

Adonis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2008 February 27, 18:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, that method neither works with ballte for middle earth nor sims.... surprisingly, I can install the directX included on battle for middle earth...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: