More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:49:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742175 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #375 on: 2008 February 08, 14:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, Securom is on the H&M and Teen Style Stuff Packs as well.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
PaganKitten
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 February 08, 18:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bought H&M, as I couldn't really see the point.  I *had* considered Teen Style, when I bought BV, but only because I wanted the Goth/emo stuff.  But not badly enough to pay $20 for it.  I have plenty of custom goth stuff that I downloaded for free.

I'm sure the "Free Time" EP will have Suck-u-ROM on it, too, but so far it looks like an EP I can live without.

There is no overkill. Only "open fire" and "I need to reload".
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 February 08, 19:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so you know, Securom is on the H&M and Teen Style Stuff Packs as well.
As do the "stories" games and the Deluxe addition.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2008 February 08, 19:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure the "Free Time" EP will have Suck-u-ROM on it, too, but so far it looks like an EP I can live without.
I'm absolutely sure that everything else with "Sims2" on it will now. But now we know how to avoid it... torrent the games. Quite sad for EA really, but they made their own bed. It's not like they didn't see the color of the sheets before they tucked in.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2008 February 09, 17:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...even if those sheets happen to be Eau de Brynne colored.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 February 14, 16:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And get infected by SecuROM? No, thanks.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2008 February 14, 22:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DRM in general has no point, because game manufacturers refuse to realize that sharing/copying disks is the least popular form of piracy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2008 February 15, 15:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DRM in general has no point, because game manufacturers refuse to realize that sharing/copying disks is the least popular form of piracy.
Not only is it unpopular as a method, but it is also the method most likely to actually generate sales! The "casual" disk sharer is most likely to buy his own at some point. The veteran e-pirate is not only unlikely to do so, but strongly discouraged from doing so by the superiority of the counterfeit product that he clearly knows how to acquire. A short-sighted move like this forces customers that run into problems to learn the ways of the pirate, and pretty soon they join the Dark Side in frustration. By taking that sale now, the company costs itself future sales, an incredibly short-sighted move. Better to lose a sale in the present for sales in the future than to permanently alienate customers  while simultaneously teaching them to be pirates to make what they have bought work!

Consider: A user who borrows a disk from a friend, with no CD check, probably won't buy the game NOW...but he might in the future, when he has to reinstall it, or buy the expansion pack now that he has the game, and is no better equipped to be a pirate later than he was before. A customer pissed off by the game NOT WORKING that has to go find a crack has now learned some dangerous knowledge and has a hostile disposition. It is not a customer that is pleased with your product and likely to buy future products.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 February 20, 12:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi

Im back...lol any who I got the Teen Stuff will I have to remove the nocd set up and return it to the Original or because its just a stuff pack I can install over the NOCd patch?

Thank you
Simerette
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2008 February 20, 13:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More context. If you're installing JUST a stuff pack, it's advisable to restore the original executable, but you can go back to using the crack again after the install.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 February 20, 16:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the game will check for it when it "checking to make sure your game is up to date." After that, you're cool to use the crack again, because stuff packs run off the most recent EP's executable.

tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: 2008 February 21, 06:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because the game will check for it when it "checking to make sure your game is up to date." After that, you're cool to use the crack again, because stuff packs run off the most recent EP's executable.

How would I go about getting the original boot up if I deleted it? Also since they have new patches out - should I install those and then try and find the no-cd crack which will work with it?
I haven't installed any patches because I'm afraid I'll get the wrong version of no-cd crack.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2008 February 21, 13:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the no-cd crack for the new patch is already up at Game Copy World: http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_2_bv.shtml

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 February 21, 17:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have to reinstall the Arred copy I think. Unless someone else knows.  Lips sealed

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2008 February 22, 02:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have to reinstall the Arred copy I think. Unless someone else knows.  Lips sealed

Couldn't you open the iso copy like a normal cd and take it out of there? I have before.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2008 February 23, 15:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like the no-cd crack for the new patch is already up at Game Copy World: http://m0001.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_the_sims_2_bv.shtml

You might want to give this link to zazz, so can have that link in first post as update. They'd appreciate that, I think.

I am having a terrible time, here. I tried going through the tutorials, but when I bring up the regdelnull thing, it does not show anything in there!  I don't know why! Gads, I'm retarded here! I am still working with it though. Will keep trying it....Tessiroo? Help? haha
hugs,
Skye
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2008 February 23, 22:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The command runs the regdelnull program, which if you're like most users has been placed in somewhere other than the base C: directory.  Find where you actually put it, and go to My Computer/C:  Drop a copy of regdelnull in there, and the command should work from the command prompt then.
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 February 24, 23:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I type all that in it tells me 'regdelnull is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2008 February 26, 15:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh-huh. Did you make sure to download the program, and place it directly in your C:\ drive (not in a subfolder)?

Also, make sure you are spelling things correctly. I noticed you are typing \Softward\

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: 2008 February 26, 16:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, could suckyourom have something to do with my dvd burner not being able to read burned discs?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2008 February 26, 16:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, could suckyourom have something to do with my dvd burner not being able to read burned discs?

Yes, it could.  This is apparently one of the possible side effects of SecuROM.  Lucky you.  Removing securom may solve the problem.  However, this solution may be temporary, at best, if you play CDs or DVDs in your DVD burner regularly (especially from any Sony Entertainment company) as many of these now also come with a version of Securom.  Securom = disc transmitted disease for your compy.  Abstaining from Sony may be the best policy.

Tribulatio proxima est
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: 2008 February 26, 17:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very interesting. Well, I do have another computer I can still access these discs from, as well as my dvd player, so it's not like I'm hurtin or anything. Still, it's really inappropriate for people to be utilizing software like this.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2008 February 26, 17:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM would show up on the add/remove programs list, correct?

I thought I had gotten some securom free arr's, but my hubby has had trouble getting the CD Drive to read legitmate game discs. (It took him several tries to install some games last night) is this securom crap or is it that my CD drive is wearing itself out?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 February 26, 17:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SecuROM would show up on the add/remove programs list, correct?

It is at this point that one should probably go back a few pages (17 or so) to the top of the thread and look at the steps required for actual removal.  I'm not sure it actually does show up on the add/remove programs list.  It does not on mine, and I have not removed it as yet because 1) I am too lazy, and 2) it has not noticeably caused problems for me.  Securom installs itself in your registry, as well as in hidden files/folders in your directory.  The removal techniques clean all this out.  Note that playing the game from the disk without a no-cd crack will result in the game simply re-installing it the next time you play.  Also, using the computer to play Sony Music or other CDs or DVDs with securom will also re-install it.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2008 February 26, 18:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, showing up on add/remove would defeat the purpose. It tries to be all sneaky.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: