More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:13:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 741982 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #325 on: 2007 December 17, 22:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty cute, and a very well done cover at that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: 2007 December 18, 00:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to add this, for those of us who know our securom problem. Bruno has made a funny along with beautiful gowns---check out the magazine cover!  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=263180

The EAxis of Evil... classic. Grin

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2007 December 18, 02:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue I've been saying that for ages. But I'm sure I wasn't the first. I love, love, love that Bruno was using a Liana Sims mesh as she's now with TSR and was a pay/donation site before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2007 December 18, 03:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easist way to hunt for the Securomkey: Open your regiestry (run . regecit)

Make sure that Computer, the top entry/key is selected

Go to Edit in the Menu > FIND  and type in Securom

This will find the Securom key if it's there. (Hitting Find Again (or F3) finds the same entry again (duh))

Now go back to the instructions here to get rid of the little bastard kety if you found one.Smiley

Thjis is a handy dandy search function and works just the same as any Find function in any, for instance, word processor software. Learn it, use it. it's great and easy.

« Last Edit: 2007 December 18, 15:04:38 by MutantBunny » Logged
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: 2007 December 18, 13:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easist way to hunt for the Securomkey: Open your regiestry (run . regecit)

Make sure that Computer, the top entry/key is elected

Go to Edit in the Menu > FIND  and type in Securom

This will find the Securom key if it's there. (Hitting Find Again (or F3) finds the same entry again (duh))

Now go back to the instructions here to get rid of the little bastard kety if you found one.Smiley

Thjis is a handy dandy search function and works just the same as any Find function in any, for instance, word processor software. Learn it, use it. it's great and easy.

You can also search for the cmdlineext keys with this same method.  I believe the manual method is the best because you can be sure they are all getting removed.

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2007 December 19, 15:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all

Fresh start I have all my Sims EP's and SP's I also installed H&M did not run it, installed. I then installed my BV. But did not start it up.  I just want to make sure I have this right. 
I have some questions:

Do I down load the patch from EA before I install the NOCD or skip the EA update?

Just making sure here and again please how is the NoCD installed ... never done this one before?

Will Matys hack work with this NoCd?

An my last question is will I have to go in to the registerys and or try to remove items?

If I perchance receive a Teen Stuff Pack what steps would I have to take then?

thank you for allowing me to post here...   
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2007 December 19, 15:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Did you install on an admin account? If you did not, you have securom.

Do I down load the patch from EA before I install the NOCD or skip the EA update?
You can patch if you like. Do it before installing the no-cd. I beleive the Nocd at Gamecopy world is a patched one.

Just making sure here and again please how is the NoCD installed ... never done this one before?
Get the no-cd from game copy world.
Install BV. Right click on the shortcut on your desktop. Click properties. Click find target. Change the name of Sims2ep6 to Sims2ep6backup (or anything really). Now drop the no cd into this folder.

If you want to bypass the launcher, you will go back to the shortcut on your desktop. Click properties. Change the end of the target from The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2launcher.exe" To The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin\Sims2EP6.exe". No more launcher.
Feel free to start the game from the desktop shortcut.

Will Matys hack work with this NoCd?
Yes maty hacks will work.

An my last question is will I have to go in to the registerys and or try to remove items?
Not unless you already have had all the securom infected material installed and ran it without a no-cd. Or if you have installed on an account other then an admin privileged one.

If I perchance receive a Teen Stuff Pack what steps would I have to take then?
Just install it. On an admin account. You will keep running from the BV no-cd.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2007 December 19, 17:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I went to Gamecopy world and I am totally confused on where to find theirs... lol   Directions please or a link would be helpful  ppplease... ty
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2007 December 19, 21:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link in the first post is a direct link.
 Roll Eyes

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2007 December 20, 00:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for being patient with me. I finally got it up and running I checked my registerys in the find SecuRom I found nothing so it worked. I will be loading my CC and I also was wondering where I might find the Maty Hacks for the muti NPC and so on...

Thank you again ... Your all great
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2007 December 20, 00:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY hacks are found in the numerous sub-fori underneath Retardo Land. Newer hacks are in The Firing Range. For quick access to all the hacks in one download, try the Director's Cut in The Armory. For more information, check the MATY FAQ.
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2007 December 20, 16:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me how to get the no cd patch from fairlane to work on a admin account of a vista computer? I think I have tried every which way to get it to work but alas cannot. I even used mor's above instruction and still all I get when I try to run it is the little white box with a red x that lets me know it won't be running the program. Sad any other suggestions would be helpful.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2007 December 20, 16:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine for me, no problem at all, no special settings, on Vista Home 64bit.
Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2007 December 20, 16:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet you've put it in the wrong directory.

Don't worry, everyone on the site where I got it from did that too.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2007 December 20, 17:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me, with vista ultimate 32bit. Are you sure you put it in the right folder? It should asks permission to replace, if it didn't ask, then it's a wrong folder
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2007 December 20, 17:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I renamed the original exe file to a bak file, it would not ask me to replace it. So therefore, I believe I have the correct directory. C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2/ The Sims 2 Bon Voyage/TSBin

If this is not the correct folder I do need to know the correct one.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2007 December 20, 17:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I renamed the original exe file to a bak file, it would not ask me to replace it. So therefore, I believe I have the correct directory. C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2/ The Sims 2 Bon Voyage/TSBin

If this is not the correct folder I do need to know the correct one.

Oh yeah, silly me. I didn't back up the original exe because I can always get it from the original cd. Anyway, it should be the right directory. I don't know what could cause the error. Have you tried to run it in compatibilty mode?
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2007 December 20, 17:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uggghhhhh! I had thought of that but didn't pursue the idea. Now that you suggested it, I did try it and no, even in compatiblity mode it will not work.  I remember now that this is why I quit using no cd patches. I could never get them to run. Sigh, I suppose I'm stuck with securom......
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2007 December 20, 17:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remembered reading somewhere about somebody having the same problem as you. Can't remember how they resolved it though, maybe try to run as administrator?  Undecided
moonoverparadise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2007 December 20, 17:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I can change tic the box to run as an administrator, apply it, it doesn't hold. Tried to do that several times last night and it just wouldn't work.
simerette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2007 December 21, 11:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good Morning All

I ran my game twice so far with the nocd.  I reformated my PC and I never ran the game with a cd. So I know I did the steps correctly. I really havent played much because the NPC problems. I want to go with the wait and see thing.  So as I was thinking about playing today i thought i would take a peek at my registerys. So I went to find and put in Securom. This is what I found.

HKEY_Current_User /software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Low Registry/Extensions/cmd mapping

Should I be worried about this and should I remove this?  Is this even part of the game or Microsoft? I am going to go back and re read the directions to see if I can find any more.

Thank you for allowing me to post...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2007 December 21, 16:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HKEY_Current_User /software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Low Registry/Extensions/cmd mapping
Should I be worried about this and should I remove this?  Is this even part of the game or Microsoft? I am going to go back and re read the directions to see if I can find any more.

Hun. Google should be your new friend.
http://www.safer-networking.com/removeCashToolbar.php
That is a toolbar for IE. Why are you still using IE as a browser? Cash Toolbar has normal search functions, but may generate ads as well.

jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2007 December 22, 16:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has merged the SecuRom forum into the Technical Help forum.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=b063b8844056800bf5bc9501dc6175df&directoryID=21&startRow=1&openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

They say it's because the traffic has slowed in the SecuRom forum. They're probably hoping that it will get lost in all the stupid questions over there.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2007 December 22, 17:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed MaxassSam was over here a few days ago. Probably checking the climate on people's attitudes--see if the Securom debacle is dying down.

I'lll never ever spend another dime on EA products or any software that has securom or starforce or any other crap they come up with stronger than SafeDisc. I'll pirate it and get a noCD.exe if I want it that badly which is what they--those in the gaming industry--deserve for putting that crap on our machines and then ignoring our problems.

I had a friend that said 'why wish a fucking on them? why not wish on them something unpleasant, like an audit?' So: Audit them!
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: 2007 December 23, 15:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has merged the SecuRom forum into the Technical Help forum.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=b063b8844056800bf5bc9501dc6175df&directoryID=21&startRow=1&openItemID=item.21,root.1,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

They say it's because the traffic has slowed in the SecuRom forum. They're probably hoping that it will get lost in all the stupid questions over there.

Sure, now that they've banned and censored everyone the traffic has slowed. The problems have gone under ground, or over here where they can learn how to pirate the game.  Grin  In the tech area simmers are being lied to.   I suppose if I post to set the record straight I will be threatened with another ban.  Undecided

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: