More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:25:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!  (Read 31899 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 11, 08:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tour Guides and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like the Baristas every time you enter a Vacation Lot.
Tour Guide every time, Unsavory Charlatan when the game decides to send one to this lot.
Not sure for Ninjas had only 3.

Edit: Tour Guides and Unsavory Charlatan are not pre spawned with the template Hoods.
I know this for sure because the dont use Maxis fugly Faces. They appeare with Nailati Template Faces what only fresh created Sims use.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 08:32:12 by Havelock » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 11, 09:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a look in my character file. Vanilla game, two families in hood, no sub-hoods except all three vacation ones - 417 characters. I've probably been to 30+ lots in the vacation scenarios, many repeatedly of course.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 11, 09:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issue confirmed: Yes, Tour Guides *DO* spawn endlessly, everytime you see one, it will be new and never, ever, reused. A hack for fixing this is in the works and will be out later today, sooner if someone actually shows up to help test it. In the meantime, refrain from going on vacations! The pickpocket, however, should not have repeated instances. Confirm that your pickpockets are not preexisting? A report of 9 pickpockets is consistent with the expected number caused by 3-per-subhood-added. This is too many, but is not a sign of endless spawning: Just Deleted 2 them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 11, 15:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted 2 is the recommended option for these Tour Guides/ Charlatans, yes? I've only seen two charlatans, but I've been on two vacations in my new 'hood and have been on every lot...so that's a fair few tour guides. If they were marriable I wouldn't mind the extra characters.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 11, 15:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, considering this is a Critical-Orange fix, there are a distinct LACK OF VOLUNTEERS to test this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 11, 16:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pm'd you Pes.

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 11, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, considering this is a Critical-Orange fix, there are a distinct LACK OF VOLUNTEERS to test this.
I'm at work, so I can't test it until I get home (about six and a half hours from now) but if you give it to me I'll do it then. I have a 'hood I don't mind bombing in case it blows up.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 11, 17:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer not to try to walk people through this process over crappy PMs, so chatgoers only. You'd just end up asking me moronic questions anyway.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 11, 17:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you still need help by the time I get home, I am willing to help.

Will check in chat when I am ready, I am at work right now.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 11, 18:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we grab the anitredundancy file that is in the BV\test directory?  Or is there a special file you have to fix this?
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 11, 19:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we grab the anitredundancy file that is in the BV\test directory?  Or is there a special file you have to fix this?

Pescado wants more people to abuse in chat, and as such the only way to test this is to go to #grah.  Be careful, it's easy to get consumed by the craziness.   
Charlotte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 11, 20:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too sure if this is happening to my game - when I put the new hood in there was 140 characters, I've got 272 now after adding the sub hoods and I have one sim who's been jumping between community lots looking for the ninja.  My simpe isn't updated to really have a look...

But anyhow, I'll be willing to test it as well...

ETA - Just checked, my hood has 18 tour guides Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 September 11, 21:30:05 by Charlotte » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 11, 21:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer not to try to walk people through this process over crappy PMs, so chatgoers only. You'd just end up asking me moronic questions anyway.
I cannot chat with non-work people at work, and I don't want that on my home computer. As I have no nose-thumbing pics ready, you'll have to settle for this. You'll like it better anyways.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 12, 01:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume that kitten is terminally ill due to Inteenimator abuse?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 12, 01:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu never mentioned the kitten-killer!  It looks healthy enough to me, and very comfy in its bed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 12, 18:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume that kitten is terminally ill due to Inteenimator abuse?
Neh, just cute. I wish I had some cute ones of my two...the cutest pic I took is burned to some CD that I can't locate...it was Soren laying in bed on his back, holding Mikko like a teddy bear (Mikko was maybe two months old at the time).

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 13, 01:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, you're obviously a kitten-lover!  I thought so....

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 13, 03:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Animal-lover. I have two cats, but grew up with dogs. I'm actually slightly more of a dog person...but I think the longer I've had cats the smaller that margin of preference has gotten. I love all animals, barring snakes (the slithering creeps me out), and some bugs (all spiders must die, anything that wants my blood must die). I have a shakey truce with Canadian geese. They're so beautiful, but have the worst attitude problems. When I used to live in an apartment back in Indiana, we had a flock or three that took over the complex. One chased Soren when I was walking him, and I had a stand-off with another who decided I wasn't allowed to enter my building.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 13, 06:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pecked on the bum once by a goose, I was trying to have a pee in the shrubbery at a party. Gave me a hell of a shock.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 13, 07:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was growing up in London, there was a factory at the end of our road that used a flock of geese as watch-geese.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 13, 07:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pecked on the bum once by a goose, I was trying to have a pee in the shrubbery at a party. Gave me a hell of a shock.  Cheesy

Oh yeah? Me, too. No peeing in shrubberies, I actually was minding my own damn business.

It hurt like a mofo. That's flesh you see being bitten, there. (Not even my dad's sweater was big enough to protect me, though it pretty much could have fit three of me in there at the time.)

I have a little more meat on my birdy little bones now than I did then, so I'm sure s/he would be able to get an even bigger nip these days. I can't imagine it would hurt less.

Also, if my friend wasn't busy being stereotypically Japanese and taking pictures of everything that moved, she'd never have gotten this shot. Hoorah for Atsuko. LOL She was pretty awesome.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 13, 08:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder, can goose-owners be sued?

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 13, 08:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I got bit on the bum by a goose once, too. Perhaps they have a taste for INTJs. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 13, 09:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These were free-range geese. When you live in a town surrounded on three sides by water, and with lots of ponds and wildlife preserves, you get geese.

In fact, they are fond of office parks in Atlanta.

If you know the name of God's lawyer, let me know, because he's the one who owned that particular goose. Smiley

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 13, 16:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These were free-range geese. When you live in a town surrounded on three sides by water, and with lots of ponds and wildlife preserves, you get geese.

In fact, they are fond of office parks in Atlanta.
That's kind of what happened with my old place. The complex had two large man-made lakes, which the Canadian geese promptly overpopulated and turned into two huge piles of excrement. Literally. Nothing small (dogs, cats, kids) was safe from them, because those suckers are tough and quite imposing when they stick out their chest and start beating their wings and hissing. Soren was a good ten feet away from them and minding his own business when one decided he must die. Fourteen-pound cats are quite strong when running for their lives...he dragged me by his leash. The one that blocked me from my building was in full aggressive pose (the beating and hissing). Standing with my arms akimbo (slightly wing-like, I suppose) and hissing back made him back down, but I wouldn't recommend trying it for laughs.

The only animal (non-bug) that has ever bitten me out of aggression was a small terrier dog. It was later put down because it attacked everyone...mail carriers, neighbors, family members alike, and it ate one of my neighbor's pet ducklings.

Luckily, the most aggressive animals I run into anymore are people's dogs (and all of them on my block seem to be really nice) one of my neighbor's cats that he lets run around, a boatload of squirrels, and occasionally a raccoon. Big whoop.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: