More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:18:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!  (Read 31831 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
« on: 2007 September 08, 15:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the new QA version of Simpe Today and looked into my Hood. It was a Shock.
I have 40 Tour Guide and 9 Unsavory Charlatan. Every Time my Sim walks to another Lot a new Tour Guide is spawned.
Same when a Charlatan visits the Lot its a new one every time.
I am not sure about Ninjas but its possible for them also. Had it in a new created Hood with no hack also.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Tour Guide and Unsavory Charlatan spawn like crazy in BV!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 08, 18:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you got noredundancy in your hacks?  Or has it not been updated yet - if not, I think I'll postpone installing BV until it has!

Zephyr Zodiac
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 08, 19:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you got noredundancy in your hacks?  Or has it not been updated yet - if not, I think I'll postpone installing BV until it has!

I have only BV compatible awesomehacks, antiredundancy isnt updated yet.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 08, 19:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I'll definitely wait.....I spend enough time in SimPE as it is!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 08, 19:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundancy is in the BV directory, so it's compatible.  May not have been updated to cover the new NPCs, but it's compatible at least..

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 08, 22:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundancy is in the BV directory, so it's compatible.  May not have been updated to cover the new NPCs, but it's compatible at least..

The antiredundancy hack from the BV directory was in game used and i got the 40 Tour Guides. As i sayd its not updated for now. I posted it as a warning only.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 08, 23:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when you open a neighborhood for the first time, after installing Bon Voyage, you get a shitload of fucking sims dumped into your hoods before you even attach any of the 3 vacation subhoods.

let me re-phrase that, before you officially attach those 3 subhoods because from looking in the folder of a brand new (empty) neighborhood theres N007_Suburb001.package
N007_Suburb002.package
N007_Suburb003.package

and this hood has NO Subhoods attached yet! none, not even a Downtown...  but it now has 81 maxis/ea fucking sims in it...

in 1 other hood I loaded, the same new Suburb001-3 files show up, characters folder has the same shitload of sims added and that hood hasn't had the vacation subhoods attached yet either...

now, in the maxis/ea G001 folder (not sure if I loaded that one) it shows the Suburb001 & 2 files (so I must have loaded it) but it dosen't have the Suburb003 file and it hasn't had sims dumped into the characters folder yet. I must not have stayed in that hood long enough for it to start dumping those sims in. It has no attached subhoods at all.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 09, 00:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when you open a neighborhood for the first time, after installing Bon Voyage, you get a shitload of fucking sims dumped into your hoods before you even attach any of the 3 vacation subhoods.

You get initial 74 Characters the new Family and some travelers you only see on vacation lots.

the new family is typical of maxis/ea but the others shouldn't get spawned if you don't have any vacation subhoods attached, atleast they shouldn't IMO but no... maxis/ea just has to dump them on us right away.

what if someone has no intention of attaching any vacation subhoods...stupid maxis/ea  Angry 

I rarely get pissed off at maxis/ea when it comes to how they do stuff in TS2 but them shoving 74plus sims into all my hoods for no reason has me pissed off. 
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 09, 00:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the new family is typical of maxis/ea but the others shouldn't get spawned if you don't have any vacation subhoods attached, atleast they shouldn't IMO but no... maxis/ea just has to dump them on us right away.

what if someone has no intention of attaching any vacation subhoods...stupid maxis/ea  Angry 

I rarely get pissed off at maxis/ea when it comes to how they do stuff in TS2 but them shoving 74plus sims into all my hoods for no reason has me pissed off. 

Sorry deleted the reply because i was wrong. You get 13 characters in a total empty hood made from argons empty template. They are  3 Bell Hops and some Vacation Travellers plus the new Family. Plus the NPCs like Ideal Plantsim, Hula Zombie etc. makes a total of 66 Characters with all EPs and Stuffpacks installed.

Edit: forgot to count N00X_User00000
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 09, 00:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

let me re-phrase that, before you officially attach those 3 subhoods because from looking in the folder of a brand new (empty) neighborhood theres N007_Suburb001.package
N007_Suburb002.package
N007_Suburb003.package

It's terribly odd.  I have base, uni, and BV loaded.  Don't know what happened before I attached the vacation hoods, but I definitely have a suburb001.package attached (not an 002 or 003 incidentally).  I'm not sure what this is, since the only sub-hoods for my game should be universities and vacation spots, which seem to have their own files.  Someone was mentioning a new sub-hood that EA was attaching, but I'm not sure if I remember that issue correctly.  Love to know what this is.

Anyhow, I reloaded the main hood and uni hood empty templates immediately after loading BV, which may have avoided the creation of some default maxoid townies in my hoods.  I also have the no regen hacks in so no more will spawn, I hope.  There are still, of course, EAxis townies generated in the vacation hoods.

Tribulatio proxima est
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 09, 01:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the same thing too with the Tour Guide, I had way too many of these characters in my files... argh they are spawining everywhere.  LOL

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 01:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

N007_Suburb002.package
N007_Suburb003.package

It's terribly odd.  I have base, uni, and BV loaded.  Don't know what happened before I attached the vacation hoods, but I definitely have a suburb001.package attached (not an 002 or 003 incidentally).  I'm not sure what this is, since the only sub-hoods for my game should be universities and vacation spots, which seem to have their own files.  Someone was mentioning a new sub-hood that EA was attaching, but I'm not sure if I remember that issue correctly.  Love to know what this is.

Anyhow, I reloaded the main hood and uni hood empty templates immediately after loading BV, which may have avoided the creation of some default maxoid townies in my hoods.  I also have the no regen hacks in so no more will spawn, I hope.  There are still, of course, EAxis townies generated in the vacation hoods.

We have the Pets the Weather and now Vacation as third Suburb.
So without Pets and Seasons you have only one Suburb.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 01:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my copy is staying in the drawer!  No way am I going to b***** -up all my hard work getting my present game how I want it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 03:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have the Pets the Weather and now Vacation as third Suburb.
So without Pets and Seasons you have only one Suburb.

ahhh...thank you, that explains those Suburb files *totally forgot about pets and weather adding them*

I'm still annoyed at maxis/ea for dumping all those sims in my hood before I even attach any of the vacation subhoods though. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 03:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never liked the way EAxis codes for townies - I much preferred how in Sims 1 you met townies Downtown, you met vacationers on vacation, etc., they didn't spill over into the residential zone unless invited, and they didn't follow your sims home from school, work etc., or pester them on the phone.  They added interest to the downtown lots and didn't try to take over!  Sims 2 and its programmers suffer from townie diarrhoea, and they just want to pass it on to everyone who plays the game!

Personally, I think they should have built certain options into how you play your game, so you could choose which of the unnecessary NPCs you have (cheerleaders, mascots, vampires etc.) and you could also select the number of townies/dormies etc. you want the game to generate (starting at zero).  But I suppose that would be too much to ask, so we have to rely on people like JM to give us some choice as to how we play our game.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 09, 05:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacation townies already ARE confined to their starting hoods as normal encounters, IIRC. However, there seems to be some crap embedded in the "vacation" core template before any destinations are added. To avoid this, restore your neighborhood from backup and install only the newly added suburb.package after the game creates it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 11, 02:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After seeing this thread i checked and as it turns out i got like 20 or 30 tour guides too so it obviously spawns them everytime instead of using an existing one.  By the way would my game explode if i moved some of these tour guides in?  Believe it or not some don't look like they got run over by a car.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 11, 03:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way would my game explode if i moved some of these tour guides in?

You won't be allowed to.  He's an NPC whose sole purpose is to be a tour guide.  Has but two interactions: to sell tours or tell you about "cool" things to do.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 11, 03:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way would my game explode if i moved some of these tour guides in?

You won't be allowed to.  He's an NPC whose sole purpose is to be a tour guide.  Has but two interactions: to sell tours or tell you about "cool" things to do.

I realize that but there are hacks to move npcs in by force.  Although now that i think about it he'd probably be stuck with only those 2 interactions wouldn't he?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 11, 03:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After seeing this thread i checked and as it turns out i got like 20 or 30 tour guides too so it obviously spawns them everytime instead of using an existing one.  By the way would my game explode if i moved some of these tour guides in?  Believe it or not some don't look like they got run over by a car.

Yeah, that would definitely mess up your game. There are some sims that are unsafe to move in under any circumstance. They include Santa, Mrs. Crumplebottom, carpool/bus/taxi/etc drivers, Grimmy, the psychiatrist, ideal plantsim, Pollination Technician, repo man, hula zombies, social workers, social bunnies, father time, or any sim from the default family (if you use insim or another hack with a teleport function they will be listed under "default".) A good rule of thumb would be to never move in a sim that your sim cannot normally interact with romantically. So for BV, I wouldn't try to move in the wise old man, the witch doctor, ninjas, tour guides, bellhops, local chefs, unsavory charlatans, and any other non-romantic character I forgot to mention. Obviously bigfoot is an exception because he is meant to be moved in.

Okay to move in (although with some you may get strange behaviors, like the mascots might show up on community lots wearing their mascot outfit instead of their everyday outfit): Maids, gardener, mail delivery person, pizza/chinese food delivery person, mascots, professors, nanny (but god, why?), cashiers, waitstaff, hosts, and probably some that I forgot to mention.

MATYites, please add to this list if you notice that I forgot something.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 11, 03:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Invisigoth i'll have to remember that about the default bin.  I figured it probably wouldn't work or be a sane idea but i just had to know for sure.  Thought it might be an exception since the game obviously spawns new ones if their needed (which their not).
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 11, 03:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray, the old Uni barista spam problem is back with a new twist!  Roll Eyes

I notice everytime I went to a new community lot at some point my game lag and I was not sure which sims were created again and again.  A quick check in my character folder did confirm the game created a new sim and another and another, I do not have the working version of Sim-Pe so I could not check which type.

I will avoid the vacation lot until something is posted to fix this.  
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 11, 04:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will avoid the vacation lot until something is posted to fix this.  

Same here, i'm sure an emergency fix will be posted soon enough.  I plan to take a sim couple on a honeymoon as soon as i got a fix, should be fun and interesting especially since i'm restarting the surrounded by idiots challenge.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 11, 06:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tour guides are spawning endlessly even AFTER the neighborhood templates are added? The game will normally introduce 3 of every sim as part of the templates for each of the 3 vacation spots. Are you STILL getting MORE tour guides, like the Endless Barista Bug?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 11, 07:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tour guides are spawning endlessly even AFTER the neighborhood templates are added? The game will normally introduce 3 of every sim as part of the templates for each of the 3 vacation spots. Are you STILL getting MORE tour guides, like the Endless Barista Bug?

Yes exactly like that i have about 20 or so of them.  I'm not sure if any of the other npcs do it.  I've got 3 ninjas and i'm sure i've found the ninja 3 times that's probably a coincidence though.  The only other with alot was the picketpocket guy which i've never seen at all despite there being 5 or 6 of them in my hood.  Oh yeah and if it matters i got 1 of each location, Island, Mountain and Asian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: