More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 22:06:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 91918 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #175 on: 2005 October 15, 08:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bug is when a playable sim gets eaten by the cow plant no one in the hood remembers the death if the persons wife/husband is there she/he morns. When u enter the house of the person that has been eaten the other person has no memory of the death of spouse the spouse is often on the lot invisible. the spouce can not call the grim reaper to get their loved one back as the game seems to think they are still on the lot. the only way to get them back is to go to another lot raise them from death get the spouse to invite that person over and fall in love all over again.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2005 October 15, 09:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bug is when a playable sim gets eaten by the cow plant no one in the hood remembers the death if the persons wife/husband is there she/he morns. When u enter the house of the person that has been eaten the other person has no memory of the death of spouse the spouse is often on the lot invisible. the spouce can not call the grim reaper to get their loved one back as the game seems to think they are still on the lot. the only way to get them back is to go to another lot raise them from death get the spouse to invite that person over and fall in love all over again.

If you would be so kind, would you write this up and submit it in the bug form on the official website?  It's 2am where I am right now and I am liable to forget.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2005 October 15, 09:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok I will submit and it is only 7 pm where I am.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2005 October 15, 10:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows, cowplants should be behind lockable doors!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Smart milk rulz!
« Reply #179 on: 2005 October 15, 11:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, four toddlers, one bottle of smart milk each and all of them have an IQ of 300 as children. Guess I can say pretty conclusively that this particular bug has not been fixed. Smiley

This is a feature, not a bug.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2005 October 15, 12:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch: SSSSSHHHHH!! I don't want them to fix that 'feature'. Yes, I'm saying it's a feature. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2005 October 15, 13:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've gathered, the vast majority of the people are not having any problems with the patches.  However, the ones that are heard the most are those with problems.  Unfortunately others hear these concerns and assume that everyone else is having problems as well.

Whether you believe me or not, it's not for lack of trying.  We tested as thoroughly as we could in the amount of time we had, but it is impossible to catch everything.  It is also nearly impossible to verify that the patches are causing problems or incompatible third party modifications.  I'm not trying to place any blame here, but some of the mods may just not be compatible with the newer code in NL and in the patches.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having problems.  Please use the official bug form on the BBS to submit the bugs you have found.  If you could verify that they do indeed occur without 3rd party modifications, that would be great.  If you are having "jump" or "reset" bugs, you can turn on testingCheatsEnabled and get the error dump that results from that in your My Docs\The Sims 2\Logs directory.  That will be very helpful to us in tracking down any problems you may have.
I am playing without the patch and My game is fine. and when the error filled neighborhoods and missing sims  occurred with all mods disabled except the censor removal download. I even tried  playing with all CC disabled and only Maxix items in the game with the patch and the stuck nanny was there and missing sims and totally glitched neighborhoods. even my backups didnt work with the patch in place.I called EA tech support and lodged a complaint right away about the patch problems which ranged from funny to aggravating and werent fixable.I unistalled last night  and reinstalled .did not patch night life this time preferring to deal with glitches as they occur as none of my glitches were ever serious!the stuck nanny was the glitch I got occasionally and the sudden pregnancy death syndrome.which my sims hubby could deal with by resurrection or pleading with the grim Reaper if they were home.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2005 October 15, 17:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that it took over twelve months to make a patch for Uni, but only a month to make one for Nightlife!

Zephyr Zodiac
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2005 October 15, 17:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that it took over twelve months to make a patch for Uni, but only a month to make one for Nightlife!

You are right to be upset about this.  Constructive criticism on the official bbis best for this, however, since most of the Maxoids read the posts there.  However, I think we've heard this particular complaint a lot now, so hopefully it won't happen again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2005 October 15, 17:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Tom, but A I find it a confusing place to find what I want and B I don't understand most of the gobbledegook of the posters!

Zephyr Zodiac
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2005 October 15, 18:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Tom, but A I find it a confusing place to find what I want and B I don't understand most of the gobbledegook of the posters!

That may be the case, but criticism on this forum will probably not be as visible to the designers, who visit the official bbs.  That's all I'm saying.  You could post once and then never come back--that way you never have to "find" anything or try to understand what all the others are saying.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2005 October 15, 18:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your'e right about the gobbledgook from the various posters there .sheesh some of them post like they are all of 6 years old!my 3 year old granddaughter makes more sense than some of the posters there. which is why I probably dont make it past tongue tied tourist on the BBS and honestly I posted in the feedback thread started by a Poster named A Sim Wen and I was the only reply to the thread she asked those who had the patch or tried it anyway to post feedback about it on the thread.I seriously doubt the Maxoids will even read the thread let alone do anything about th chaos it caused in some peoples games. I even called Tech support and told them about my issues . the only thing that did me any good was to uninstall and re install nightlife.without the patch my game is fine.I post her because at least the advice I read here is usefule and easy to understand even for a novice like me .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2005 October 15, 18:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will say in defense of Maxis, when I and a lot of others started ranting and raving about the patch months ago, we did get a response.  It still took time and lots more ranting, but Maxis did respond and we did get the patch eventually.

I would also like to thank MaxoidTom for spending so much time here keeping us informed, I know I really appreciate it.  Him being here has helped lessen my anger/disapointment towards the Maxis and the game.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2005 October 15, 18:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MAJOR EDIT:

The below is NOT true for Uni lots.  On my Uni lots, my Sims still aren't getting animations while talking on the phone.  How very disappointing this is!

One thing that I wanted to note about the patch for Uni:

It did fix the facial animations when the Sims are talking on the house phone.  

That had been my #1 eyesore since the game came out because that problem was one that none of the modders could fix.  

I can't tell you how much it bothered me.  *Ready to throw the game out the window* bother me level.

I did not test it with the cell phones yet,  since none of my Sims at the moment have cellphones.  Hopefully that was fixed as well.

Ivy

« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 04:06:32 by Ivy » Logged

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2005 October 15, 19:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to thank MaxoidTom for spending so much time here keeping us informed, I know I really appreciate it.  Him being here has helped lessen my anger/disapointment towards the Maxis and the game.

I agree with this completely. When I took the survey on the BBS a couple of days ago, I mentioned it. One of the few instances of Maxis actually effectively communicating with their customers.

They really need to take a more active role with the official BBS. Get some of that crap off of there. Clean it up so if you actually have a problem or need help, you can find it without having to sift thru 5000 posts of "where's Bella" and "I'll type out the Prima guide if you give me a bene".  Angry   Whenever I've had a problem, I haven't been able to find info there. I always find it here, MTS2 or SnootySims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2005 October 15, 20:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think that quite a number of the posters are actually below the age limit for the game anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2005 October 15, 20:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'd be happy even if they've just used better board software. Compared to most other board types out there, it really is very primitive. An adults only forum might be nice too. Even if there isn't "adult" subject matter being discussed there, it would be nice to not have to babysit the 10 year olds and deal with their tantrums. Lastly, I think the whole benes, muting and rank stuff is a really REALLY bad idea. It encourages pointless competition and useless posts.

I will and have filed bug reports when there are forms up to do it, but I have no desire or intention to ever post on the BBS in its current incarnation.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2005 October 15, 20:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite agree, Motoki - on the odd occasion when I've had a look at what's happening there, I a) haven't understood most of what was being said, and b) had difficulty in actually working out all the misspellings!  So I don't go there any more!  But like you when I've come up with a real problem I have reported it when I could.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
fixing the BBS
« Reply #193 on: 2005 October 15, 20:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The single easy change that would triple the readability of the official BBS would be to add the option to disable viewing of signatures.

I'd find it significantly easier to read if I could turn off seeing the pointless bunnies and excessive use of font tags. Not least of all because, as it is, it's often hard to tell where a post ends and the signature begins. Most other forums insert a separator line, and/or format the signature to be in much smaller text, so it's obvious.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: fixing the BBS
« Reply #194 on: 2005 October 15, 21:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The single easy change that would triple the readability of the official BBS would be to add the option to disable viewing of signatures.

I'd find it significantly easier to read if I could turn off seeing the pointless bunnies and excessive use of font tags. Not least of all because, as it is, it's often hard to tell where a post ends and the signature begins. Most other forums insert a separator line, and/or format the signature to be in much smaller text, so it's obvious.

I agree with that whole-heartedly. The few times I've gone to the bbs help section for, well, "help", I had to go through 300 bright pink "i luv ashton kutcher" signatures and bunnies. I don't understand that bunny thing, at all.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2005 October 15, 21:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[I would also like to thank MaxoidTom for spending so much time here keeping us informed, I know I really appreciate it.  Him being here has helped lessen my anger/disapointment towards the Maxis and the game.

[/quote]I too would like to thank Maxoid Tom for taking his time here .I am not mad that the patch doesnt work for me.its  one of those things.after allMaxis did kind of rush to patch nightlife its hard to make a patch that is going to work for everyone when their in a hurry to get the patch out as I recall it took a few months for the base game patch to come out .I never had even a single glitch with the base game patch.perhaps the hurry that Maxis was in to get the NL patch out makes it not as smooth as the base game patch Huh frustration sums up how I felt when the issues occurred. often times no one ever tells  Maxis /EA when the patch doesnt work and creates problems that did not exist prior to patching. I called and  asked Tech support for help and they werent able to help Sad perhaps because no one else had called them with my issues before .maybe if those that had serious patching problems like I did EA Tech support would know how to help the user correct the  issues. Thanks Maxoid Tom for reading and posting here at least we know were being heard .

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: fixing the BBS
« Reply #196 on: 2005 October 15, 21:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand that bunny thing, at all.

I understand the bunny thing.  It was amusing for about a day.

Many forums I've been on have a limit of 4 lines for a signature.  But this was before the Internet.  Limiting signatures to two lines of 64 characters each and disabling larger fonts would go a long way toward alleviating the whole problem.  Or simply allowing users the option of disabling the display of signatures altogether.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: 2005 October 15, 21:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah well what about those of us with NO university and NO nightlife.  Some of these fixes go back to the basic game like headmaster bug.  That was a major problem to me for over a month (real time) til it went away of its own accord.  I don't want it back. We need an updated patch for the basic game too!  I guess this is in rant mode.  How about begging and pleading and yes, I did post on the main BBS.  I got 2 people explaining where to get the old patch - aaarrrghhh!

I mostly visit the old EA site where maxoid and beneseekers never go.  Nice friendly place though we field a lot of "will my PC run NL" posts.  We had 2 posts today from people with gameplay problems post patch.  One with a stuck gardener and the other still can't get his young adults back into real life.  I'm looking around for any similar problems post patch and any new solutions. but not much is posted yet  - I can read up on the old ones..... 

The simmer with the stuck gardener also had nannies running round in their underwear and a wedding crasher who died of starvation and I think they had a stuck grim reaper too.  that was all pre-patch and I'm not clear if this was all on the same lot and whether any problems disappeared, but my games are never that exciting!  If that portal diagnosis tool from MTS2 is OK post patch, I'll get them to try that.  First link has the gardener at the end.  The second is about the nannies.
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?frame_src_content=%2Fbbs%2Fmessages.php%3F%26threadID%3D639bb08f1eb3631bde12a44b35bd6dc6%26directoryID%3D341
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?frame_src_content=%2Fbbs%2Fmessages.php%3F%26threadID%3D639bb08f1eb3631bde12a44b35bd6dc6%26directoryID%3D341

The simmer with the young adults also isn't very specific.
After my sims graduated from college, I tried to play them and I couldn't!!! It is like you entering an empty lot!!! How do I fix this problem? I have NL, and I installed the patch for it & it still ain't working!!! Will somebody tell me what to do to fix this problem?"  later post " I moved them back to Pleasantview. The guy sim I moved him in with his children's mother and the other sim I moved her in her own home. I didn't throw a graduation party, because I didn't know that I had to! I did install the college clock and VK told me that it is not compatible in Night Life and I haven't installed it as of yet. I didn't think it would interfer with my game if I didn't use it. Could that be the culprit?"
« Last Edit: 2005 October 15, 22:21:12 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2005 October 15, 22:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah well what about those of us with NO university and NO nightlife.  Some of these fixes go back to the basic game like headmaster bug.  We need an updated patch for the basic game too!
The Uni Patch is the one that fixes headmaster glitch,thankfully I never had the headmaster glitch.I had the adoption glitch though looking back that was useful in a way. I had sim call the adoption service .get approved and get the spiel about the new family member arriving the next day at 10. 10 the next sim day rolled aroun,then 11,then 12 etc and no social worker and my sim couldnt  call the adoption worker because the family member was allegedly on its way LOL. it made it good when I had changed my mind about that sim adopting. not so good when I still wanted my sim to adopt a child

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2005 October 15, 22:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Uni Patch is the one that fixes headmaster glitch

Yes but I DON'T have University so I CAN'T use this patch!!!!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: