More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 03:05:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 92898 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 12, 21:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone knows of any specific Pescado or TwoJeffs hacks that this patch makes redundant though, please let us know. Otherwise so far so good and I really am not going to go back to that taking everything out and putting them back in one by one stuff again.

fasterbuyclothes may not be necessary anymore, according to the Uni patch notes they have "Sims no longer play the extended browse animation when purchasing an item from the clothing rack" listed. I don't know how long the animation is now though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 12, 21:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to just uninstall NL and reinstall it without having to start from the beginning? I'm not at all anxious to do it, but I'm running out of ideas.
Well, I've done it more than once with Uni, so I should think so.  You just need to put your Sims2 folder from the Documents/EA Games folder onto the desktop, then pick the uninstall option for Uni, then you can reinstall it.  I imagine it works the same for NL.  (I don't know if you actually need to remove the whole folder, but I always do it that way, it's less hassle than moving individual folders.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 12, 21:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and I have no idea if the patch caused this or its just some odd coincidence, but I just had the cow mascot barge into a home in my regular neighborhood and I've never had that happen before. Could very well be some totally unrelated fluke, but if anyone else has this happen after patching please post and let me know.

It's happened to me before. Fluke.

A proud thread pirate.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 12, 21:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine installed without a problem too, but I moved my downloads folder to my desktop before install.  It loaded fine, so I put back walls and floors- I'll try objects next. Then I'll have to go through my hacks folder and delete the ones I (hopefully) no longer need before I test to see if it broke the ones I still want.

But man, that list of fixes is long.  Shocked

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 12, 21:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why not get your downloads back before you worry about the hacks, then play the game and see which hacks you still need - each time you get the original problem you put a hack in to solve, you can replace that hack and see if it still  works ok.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 12, 21:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 2 University CD Patch

Instructions: Save the file to disk and then run it to install the patch.

Please make sure you have your copy of The Sims 2 available during patch installation.

* # Fixed a rare issue that in various situations caused a pregnant Sim experiencing morning sickness to die. (aka Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome)
this wasnt rare I had it happen from the first game on through to nightlife.I cant fathom that maxis thinks this bug was rare Huh

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 12, 21:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had it happen. But I heard enough about it to know that it is not "rare".
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 12, 21:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They used to say on the first patch that the grim reaper/UI problem was rare, but I got it all the time.  I think they are trying to say that not too many people have this bug, I haven't but I've heard about it ALOT, so makes me think it is not that rare, but then again, I have a lot of the bugs it seems.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 12, 21:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's just them trying to make themselves look good. If all these bugs were "common" it would make people wonder why they didnt get caught BEFORE the game was released Cheesy.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 12, 22:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, why not get your downloads back before you worry about the hacks, then play the game and see which hacks you still need - each time you get the original problem you put a hack in to solve, you can replace that hack and see if it still  works ok.

Well, I'm going to leave the hack-fixes out, but some things Maxis considers a "feature", I consider an annoyance- like plants dying because the gardener can't take care of them all  once every 3 days. Wink So the daily gardener hack goes in right away.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 12, 22:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this wasnt rare I had it happen from the first game on through to nightlife.I cant fathom that maxis thinks this bug was rare

Well, I suppose if they never play the game themselves, and only one or two people actually complained, they could kid themselves it was rare!  But quite honestly, if a bug was that rare, would modders like JM have spent so much time making fixes for it?

Well, I'm going to leave the hack-fixes out, but some things Maxis considers a "feature", I consider an annoyance- like plants dying because the gardener can't take care of them all  once every 3 days.  So the daily gardener hack goes in right away.

Well, since that isn't so much a patch as a hack, it shouldn't be affected by the official patch!

Zephyr Zodiac
kathryn.mari.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 12, 22:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm grateful for the patch, but I cannot believe they didn't address the Custom Terrain Paint issue!  Huh

For those that installed the patch, did you remove the CEP files before installing?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 October 12, 22:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I downloaded the two updates (Uni + NL), read the list of the fixes, and all I had to remove from my hacks folder was - pianofix, and handheld fix.

One big thanks to Maxis, for enabling pregnant females to play handheld - bug that annoyed me a lot, because all my pregnant females wanted to play handheld with their spouses, and were stucked on this wish during all their pregnancy.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 October 12, 22:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any one else amused by the number of times they used the words "rare" and "obscure"?

Actually, I don't know.  After reading about the "rare" transparent unselectable dormies (or however they described it) my mind automatically added the word "rare" to every single item after it.

There's lots more I could say on the subject, but I have other posts to read. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2005 October 12, 23:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone started to put together a redundant list of hacks/mods yet? Stuff that has been taken care of by the patch.

Linda

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 October 12, 23:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, conspicuously absent is any mention of a fix for the grand vampire biting Mrs. Crumplebottom and causing corruption in the objects file. 

I can only assume that's been fixed but not mentioned in the fix list.  There are always a number of issues like that, so simply going by the fix list isn't valid.

My biggest worry at this point is that it took 7 months to get a fix for Uni, but only one month for a fix for Nightlife.  Given the policy of issuing only one patch for a game, this means there will be no more fixes for Nightlife until the next EP.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm removing the entire downloads folder from my game before installing the patch.  I'll gladly wait for Boris or JMP to re-certify their mods for the patched version of the game.  Even my own hack, SemiPermaPlat will come out until I can verify that the code hasn't changed with the patch.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 October 12, 23:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi guys but silly me where do i find the objects package. I have not set it to read only how big is it suppose to be and where do I find it on the cd.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 October 12, 23:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I downloaded the NL patch without problems.  The only hacks I had were TJ's college adjuster and Mertorola (sp) mirror.  I didn't think to back up anything.  I played for an hour without unusal events occuring.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 October 12, 23:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm grateful for the patch, but I cannot believe they didn't address the Custom Terrain Paint issue!  Huh

I'm VERY irritated at this. I have some old lots that I love that are useless, and some new lots that I'd like to share but I don't dare because I have custom terrains in my game. Sad

For those that installed the patch, did you remove the CEP files before installing?

Not me. I didn't remove anything. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Left in all my hacks, custom clothes, hair, makeup, object recolors, object meshes etc etc.

So far it is smooth sailing. The only problem I had was having to replace the Graphics Rules.sgr file that I had previously modified, but I doubt most people would mess with that file so I don't think it will be a problem for too many.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 October 12, 23:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt remove any thing and installed the patch with no hastles exept it kept telling me that i need to put a cd and it would not regester in my head that it was cd 2 it wanted not cd 1. mind still fuzzy from tuesdays events that happened to me
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 October 12, 23:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed my entireDL file and neighborhood file after the NL patch installed without a hitch I put them back where they were and all My CC and hacks are working including those that use CEP.the only odd thing I had happen was when I restarted my game I went into a lot I had saved and exited just prior to the patch  and the family 2 kids,1 toddler and 2 adults  appeared at their front door  Huh when I saved and exited Mom and Dad were at work,the 2 kids were at school and the Nanny Karen Gast was in the kitchen the toddler was playing with his shape sorter. when I re entered the lot after the patch installed the family was on its front lawn except for the toddler who was still playing. I hurried up and had mom drive the kids to school she came back and I sent dad to work after quickly buying him a car I then tried to send Mom Poste haste to work she wouldnt go claiming she couldnt bear to leave the toddler alone ! Shocked the nanny was in the kitchen and Mom treated her like a visitor so I had my sim ask the nanny to leave and sent her to the phone to call a new nanny she did and who comes right back?? you guessed it Karen Gast!. Mom then went to work albeit 6 hours late but she got her promotion and her LTW to become captain hero fulfilled.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 October 12, 23:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only odd thing I had happen was when I restarted my game I went into a lot I had saved and exited just prior to the patch  and the family 2 kids,1 toddler and 2 adults  appeared at their front door  Huh when I saved and exited Mom and Dad were at work,the 2 kids were at school and the Nanny Karen Gast was in the kitchen the toddler was playing with his shape sorter. when I re entered the lot after the patch installed the family was on its front lawn except for the toddler who was still playing.
Yes that happens to me every time I install an ep or a patch
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 October 13, 00:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched fine on my system. I left in all my hacks (I have hundreds), and I had CEP installed at the time. Everything seems to be okay.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 October 13, 01:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I install and EP or a patch, I take all my neighbourhoods out, so I don't think I have that problem, everything is just as it was before.

Zephyr Zodiac
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 October 13, 01:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

patched fine for me. Left in all my stuff. The only thing I did was remove the "read-only" setting on my objects. package file.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: