More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:25:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 93931 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #100 on: 2005 October 13, 01:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was finally able to install the patch. Someone on the BBS suggested not overwriting the Graphics Rules.sgr (which is what I was doing) but to remove the old one and replace it with the original. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why that would make a difference, but for whatever reason it worked.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 October 13, 01:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am downloading it now (I have dialup!  half an hour to go Roll Eyes ).  I can't see any mention of fixing crushes due to seemingly innocent "ask" and "buy coffee for" things, although crushes from handhelds and cheerups are mentioned.  Has anyone tried those things yet?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 October 13, 02:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any one else amused by the number of times they used the words "rare" and "obscure"?

I was. I was very amused at the number of rare and obscure bugs I have seen firsthand. Maybe a just play the game, like, way more than anyone else. Wink

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 October 13, 02:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was finally able to install the patch. Someone on the BBS suggested not overwriting the Graphics Rules.sgr (which is what I was doing) but to remove the old one and replace it with the original. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why that would make a difference, but for whatever reason it worked.

That's what I did. Well, I actually moved the modified file to another directory entirely and put the original one back in there by itself. I guess I should have mentioned that but I really didn't think it would make a difference. I got out-thunk by someone on the BBS! How humiliating. LOL

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 October 13, 02:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see any mention of fixing crushes due to seemingly innocent "ask" and "buy coffee for" things, although crushes from handhelds and cheerups are mentioned.  Has anyone tried those things yet?

From what I understand, that hasn't been fixed.  Angry

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2005 October 13, 06:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been busy the past few days, plus my laptop harddrive crashed yet again, which really fuckin sucked cuz of course I didn't manage to back it up. I never fucking learn my lesson.  Roll Eyes

Anyways, so it looks like they didn't have time to include other stuff, like the whole NPC/Vampire thing? But at least they managed to get a huge list for Uni. Looks like theres stuff on there that I wasn't even aware of. Tongue And I really love how they say some of those bugs are "rare"  Cheesy

It's been tough to keep track of all the bugs that have been mentioned already, numerous times, but are there any glaring bugs that stand out as still existing and haven't been addressed by either of these patches?

Of the NL related ones so far, probably the one where peeps mentioned that Vamps can bite Mrs. Crumplebottom? I vaguely recall something about that, and how it could lead to very bad things. There's also that issue with teen vamps and skins? I suppose shaklin's fix is still required then? And what about the Gypsy being all buggy and giving you crappy mismatches for dates despite how much you pay her? Please don't tell me that's by design.   Grin

What about Uni and Original issues that may have been overlooked by these patches? I can't remember al the major bugs. I vaguely recall MaxisTom saying something about how they would/will eventually have to release a second patch for NL, but considering how long it took for this one to be released, I doubt that we will see the next one anytime soon. Tongue Plus, since NL has only just been released, who knows what other bugs lie in wait for discovery. Oh much fun that's going to be.  Roll Eyes I still refuse to play right now since I'm still waiting for Pescado to get his EP and update his hacks. In particular, I'm really holding out for the romancemod, but that will probably take forever I'm sure, considering how much more complicated things will be with the chemistry and dating systems. I suppose I will have to either make do with nojealousy at all for now or just try and be real sneaky with my slutty sims. No more three or moresomes for them.  *sigh* Undecided

Ste

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 October 13, 07:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see any mention of fixing crushes due to seemingly innocent "ask" and "buy coffee for" things, although crushes from handhelds and cheerups are mentioned.  Has anyone tried those things yet?

From what I understand, that hasn't been fixed.  Angry

The NL list didn't include everything (for some reason).  I believe we fixed a lot of these issues.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 October 13, 07:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been busy the past few days, plus my laptop harddrive crashed yet again, which really fuckin sucked cuz of course I didn't manage to back it up. I never fucking learn my lesson.  Roll Eyes

Anyways, so it looks like they didn't have time to include other stuff, like the whole NPC/Vampire thing? But at least they managed to get a huge list for Uni. Looks like theres stuff on there that I wasn't even aware of. Tongue And I really love how they say some of those bugs are "rare"  Cheesy

It's been tough to keep track of all the bugs that have been mentioned already, numerous times, but are there any glaring bugs that stand out as still existing and haven't been addressed by either of these patches?

Of the NL related ones so far, probably the one where peeps mentioned that Vamps can bite Mrs. Crumplebottom? I vaguely recall something about that, and how it could lead to very bad things. There's also that issue with teen vamps and skins? I suppose shaklin's fix is still required then? And what about the Gypsy being all buggy and giving you crappy mismatches for dates despite how much you pay her? Please don't tell me that's by design.   Grin

What about Uni and Original issues that may have been overlooked by these patches? I can't remember al the major bugs. I vaguely recall MaxisTom saying something about how they would/will eventually have to release a second patch for NL, but considering how long it took for this one to be released, I doubt that we will see the next one anytime soon. Tongue Plus, since NL has only just been released, who knows what other bugs lie in wait for discovery. Oh much fun that's going to be.  Roll Eyes I still refuse to play right now since I'm still waiting for Pescado to get his EP and update his hacks. In particular, I'm really holding out for the romancemod, but that will probably take forever I'm sure, considering how much more complicated things will be with the chemistry and dating systems. I suppose I will have to either make do with nojealousy at all for now or just try and be real sneaky with my slutty sims. No more three or moresomes for them.  *sigh* Undecided

Ste

Vampires biting Mrs. Crumplebottom should no longer corrupt your objects.package file.  Teen vampire skin should be fixed as well (at least I brought it up).

I'm not sure about the Gypsy giving bad dates.  Perhaps you are not paying enough.  Or perhaps you just don't like what your sim got.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 October 13, 07:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NL list didn't include everything (for some reason).  I believe we fixed a lot of these issues.

It's common for a lot of fixes not to get mentioned in the patch list.  The only way to know for sure what's been fixed is to test it out in the game... without hacks (hint hint, everyone).

I remember finding several things fixed in the original Sims 2 patch that weren't mentioned in the fix list.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
kathryn.mari.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2005 October 13, 07:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm VERY irritated at this. I have some old lots that I love that are useless, and some new lots that I'd like to share but I don't dare because I have custom terrains in my game. Sad

Tell me about it  Sad I love creating terrain paint..have made quite a few, and since I had to test them 'in game'..well..there went all the neighborhoods and families I had been playing when I found out about this issue. I reinstalled all new n'hoods and have started over since I couldn't remember where and which homes I tested the terrain on.

For those that installed the patch, did you remove the CEP files before installing?

Not me. I didn't remove anything. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Left in all my hacks, custom clothes, hair, makeup, object recolors, object meshes etc etc.

So far it is smooth sailing. The only problem I had was having to replace the Graphics Rules.sgr file that I had previously modified, but I doubt most people would mess with that file so I don't think it will be a problem for too many.

Thank you Motoki! Smiley and Thanks to all of you who answered this question after Motoki  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 October 13, 07:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's common for a lot of fixes not to get mentioned in the patch list.  The only way to know for sure what's been fixed is to test it out in the game... without hacks (hint hint, everyone).

I remember finding several things fixed in the original Sims 2 patch that weren't mentioned in the fix list.

I remember I did too, and unless you do that, you'll never know if one of the hacks you have in is preventing those things from working]

Zephyr Zodiac
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 October 13, 08:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked the ask thing with two teens who were best friends  - went through the whole "ask" menu (excluding date) and no crush - so it was fixed. 
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2005 October 13, 13:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang it, while inviting visitors over to dorms is better (I'm at least able to interact with them for the most part), my Sim still lost the ability to interact with one of his visitors for a while. I did still have my hacks in, so maybe something was interfering. Next time I'm in a dorm I'll try it without any hacks.

ETA: They couldn't reproduce the exam bug?!? I get it just about every other semester!! Tongue I'm going to start taking screenshots every time it happens and send a big fat zip file to EA Tongue

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 October 13, 14:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed the patch with no problems last night and played for a while. Very pleased by most of the improvements. The thumbnails in memories and thought bubbles are no longer over sized and blurry and all of the other fixes previously mentioned. The only bummer that I had expected because Tom mentioned it before was that the wonderful potty training glitch is gone.  Cry We'll have to keep at it the long way, just like teaching to walk and talk. But all things considered I am very happy with the improvements. Thanks MaxoidTom and all of the other people at Maxis who worked so hard to make our games so much better. Grin
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 October 13, 15:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, so far so good, although I agree about the potty training glitch, I guess its back to training diapers AGAIN, ick Smiley

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 October 13, 15:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[
I'm not sure about the Gypsy giving bad dates.  Perhaps you are not paying enough.  Or perhaps you just don't like what your sim got.
[/quote]Ive paid maximum simoleons on several occasions and my YA's at Uni ended up with bad dates or worse yet Elderly dates  Angry My YA's are looking for fun and potential mates for their future .an elder is hardly suitable for a Family sim who wants kids.My Romance sims at Uni on the other hand if they end up with an elder courtesy of the Gypsy I just go with it as their fear is marriage and engagement neither of which is likely to occur as the Gypsy has sent some decent Romance elders to my Romance YA"s. theyv'e had fun with whoo hoo though with those elder Romance sims.I found paying just shy of maximum gets better results for my YA's that want mates and families in the future. my teens I dont set up with the gypsy they generally bring home friends from school that they can date. and My adults have usually come out of CAS already married or met someone on campus in their dorm or greekhouse. butthey Gypsy does send lots of awful dates  that hate my Sim even when I pay maximum!

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 October 13, 15:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The elder dates are kind of annoying I will grant you. It may help to give your sims grey hair as a turn off. I've been doing that and haven't gotten any elder dates since, but I've only done a few dates so it could be coincidence.

In general though, I think those blind dates are a waste of money unless your sim has tons of cash to burn. You have to pay the max amount to even hope for a chance at a good date and I've had matches that were just as good if not better just from scoping out a few community lots.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 October 13, 15:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni sims only have to use the campus directory and they can phone any sim at uni they want anyway, whether or not they've met, and with the phone hack, they can be 100% friends on one phonecall,then they should find it easy enough to date them.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 October 13, 16:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if only we could check sims out by phone. Wink

Actually, it would be nice if the chat online options were expanded it a bit so that the score actually went up enough that it would be worth chatting and they would actually chat for more than 30 seconds.  Roll Eyes Some online matchmaking stuff might be cool too. I feel like the whole computer aspect of the game is rather neglected considering it's a game that computer and internet-aholics tend to play. Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 October 13, 16:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, they could definitely have put in a computer dating aspect!  Aso, when chatting online to a friend, instead of always getting the "Do you want so and so to visit"  You could get, "do you want to invite so and so on a date".

Zephyr Zodiac
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2005 October 13, 16:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure there is a "call anyone" mod over at MTS2, I dont know if it works with nightlife or not though.

Has anyone tested the love potion out since installing the patch? That was my biggest glitch and I havent tested it yet.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 October 13, 16:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested the love potion out since installing the patch? That was my biggest glitch and I havent tested it yet.

It works okay for me, but then again I'm probably not a good person to ask since I never had a problem with it in the first place.  Undecided

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 October 13, 17:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I just noticed the speakers keep reseting to stereo still every time I start the game even though I keep changing them every time to 5.1.  Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2005 October 13, 17:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampires biting Mrs. Crumplebottom should no longer corrupt your objects.package file.  Teen vampire skin should be fixed as well (at least I brought it up).

Ooh, thanks MaxoidTom for takin the time to respond Cheesy I was wondering where you were. Heheh. And it's good to hear that certain things have been fixed. I was wondering why the NL bug list was so sparse... and I've seen that some people have already mentioned that certain things haven't been fixed yet. I recall that you said there might be a need for a 2nd patch since a lot of the other bugs that were submitted probably wouldn't have made it in time for the 1st patch. Still... I'm a sort of  Roll Eyes patient man. I mean... if I can wait for Pescado to get his EP and update his hacks, then I suppose I could wait for another patch as well. That probably means I won't even really play NL until the next EP comes out. Hehe  Grin Or maybe by that time, the holiday add-on will have arrived. Hopefully there shouldn't be any significant code changes from that.

Anyhew... so I dug around and found this. Ancient Sim's post about their (her/his?) experience with the matchmaker. I definately recall reading that they paid full price and still got a dud date. And I think they also mention that one of their sims got a decent date, and only paid a paltry sum of some sort, well at least definately less than the full price. I would have thought that paying full price was supposed to get you a better match. I am now wondering what exactly the search algorithm would be for finding this match. Tongue Is it soley based on personality, potential chemistry, does it only consider "zodiac sign" compatibility or are all factors (zodiac, aspiration, turn ons/offs) considered? I would have expected this to work somewhat like the resurrection bit, where the better you pay, the better the results.

Anyways, here is Ancient Sim's post:

OK, these Matchmaker women.  I may be wrong, but I think they are related to the nannies.  I swear they take no notice whatsoever of Turn-On & Turn-Offs, but I also think they have a very sick sense of humour.

I'm not sure where I mentioned this (I thought it was here but I can't find it), but yesterday I was in a house wherein live two single females fresh from Uni.  One of them (Janice Royce, former SS dormie) paid full-price for a date and was sent some new townie called George Miller.  They got on fairly well, although he seemed more enamoured with her than she was with him.  The next day her roommate (Arabella Goth, snooty daughter of Bella & Mortimer) paid full price for a date and was given ... George Miller.  They got on OK, but George obviously preferred Janice because as soon as the date ended he was swooning over her.  Arabella bought another date and was sent Remington the maid.  He wasn't in the least bit interested in her and much preferred to watch the telly.

Today I got recently-graduated Desdemona Goth-Dreamer (daughter of Cassandra & Darren and auntie to Arabella) to pay full price for a date.  She's never had a boyfriend in her entire life, because she's so shy.  She was given ... George Miller.  He had clearly had enough because he just walked past her into the house and there wasn't even a date meter.  Desdemona therefore paid full-price for another date and got an old man on his last legs who finally got around to telling her a joke after he'd finished rubbing his poor aching back (like they do).  At that point I exited out without saving.

With someone, can't remember who, I paid full-price then immediately after paid hardly anything.  The cheapo date was the only one out of ALL the dates I tried that matched a Turn-On.  Either the entire dating thing is backwards way on, or what you pay makes no difference.

This could very well be just a result of the search algorithm, and maybe these players have all just been unlucky (all of them? Tongue) Or... maybe this is by design and sims are actually getting suckered out of their hard-earned simoleons by the greedy, shifty, shady matchmaker? I mean... after all, she is a Gypsy...  Roll Eyes Perhaps this is some kind of sociocultural comment by Maxis? I mean... would you trust some crazy woman in a funky dress, just showing up at your front step out of no where, and loitering around trying to solicit a matchmaking service door-to-door. I don't know about you, but just how reliable and trustworthy would that seem? LOL.  Cheesy

Ste

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 October 13, 17:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang it, while inviting visitors over to dorms is better (I'm at least able to interact with them for the most part), my Sim still lost the ability to interact with one of his visitors for a while. I did still have my hacks in, so maybe something was interfering. Next time I'm in a dorm I'll try it without any hacks.

ETA: They couldn't reproduce the exam bug?!? I get it just about every other semester!! Tongue I'm going to start taking screenshots every time it happens and send a big fat zip file to EA Tongue

Jen

Please turn on testingCheatsEnabled, reproduce the bug, and when the error occurs, retrieve the appropriate object error text file in your My Docs\The Sims 2\Logs\ directory and submit it to the official bug form.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: