More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 22:09:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  3 or 4 lightening bolts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 3 or 4 lightening bolts  (Read 65580 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Re: 3 or 4 lightening bolts
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 14, 19:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like facial hair. i like beards . not long beards though. just that kind of beard very well trimmed. and i don't like mustaches.

I've a big "hairy guy" fan as anyone who has followed my mods for body hair knows.

But I really have to say that Maxis dropped the ball on facial hair for male sims.  The 3D model facial hair that came with the base game was generally made with reflectivity turned up way too high on the objects' surfaces.  That's why the standard hair colors for them are so much brighter and yet flatter and don't match the standard hair colors. I've tried modding them by changing the colors in the textures, but you generally cannot get a real good color match without loosing a lot of details, especially on the black and brown colors.

If I get into doing some 3D meshing mods -- and I'll start looking into it after I finish school -- I'm going to try to take those models and fix them first since no one has stepped up to do so yet.  That and see if I can't create some other kids of beards, goatees and staches that have volume but aren't so dang long or big!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 14, 19:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect with the whole vampire overlay thing that tatoos and such will be possible at some point in the future. Who knows, maybe the next expansion will let sims open a tatoo parlor. Wink At any rate, the base code for being able to put another layer on top of the body's skintone is definitely there now with NL.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 14, 21:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect with the whole vampire overlay thing that tatoos and such will be possible at some point in the future. Who knows, maybe the next expansion will let sims open a tatoo parlor. Wink At any rate, the base code for being able to put another layer on top of the body's skintone is definitely there now with NL.

That would actually be really cool. If they push the whole "user modified, sim made" angle in this EP, I may just buy it. If it turns it into a Tycoon game . . . maybe not.

Anyhow. I really, really wish there were more layers to the skins, and that they could be mixed and matched genetically, so you could get a little more of a "blending" simulation, but still with discrete points. (like in real genetics. lots of discrete bits looks like blending, but has more interesting properties)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 14, 23:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've a big "hairy guy" fan as anyone who has followed my mods for body hair knows.

...and I am a big fan of your mods! Wink

My sim men tend to be clean-cut and boyish, as demonstrated by Joe and one of his sons, Justin (by Bella) in the above pics, and with another son, Josh (by Brandi Broke),below (Joe's in the middle). That's the way I like 'em in real life.

« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 12:18:26 by Brynne » Logged
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 15, 00:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow! those are some ugly sims!

LOL, the first one on the left is Alexander Goth - that's the most pretty I could make of him. I am going to use the surgery and see if I can fix his big nose...Smiley

It must be something about  Alexander lol...in my game as a teen I put makeup on him too  Grin

As an adult I didn't find him too be too bad...his nose is still huge and he needed some facial hair

I dunno for a while there I was stuck in a huge rut of making my sims either extremely beautiful or extremely "normal" looking but eventually got bored.  Sometimes its more fun to throw in a wacky feature or two and see how it comes out in later generations.

I would so love to see many more options of 'personalizing' sims though.  The ideas of adding on things that aren't just skins or clothing would be great.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 15, 04:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Surgery object (tough name, lol), and now Alex has a pretty short nose, phew!...Smiley.

To tell the truth, in RL I don't like hairy man, and I prefer the males to be more "feminine", lol. Slim, blond, green eyes, and Greek pretty nose and face. No makeup, of course...Smiley

That's why I am not so happy to play with the pre-made sims, and that's the reason I use on them a lot of makeup...Smiley. It makes them more attractive...Smiley.

I am very happy I did the Surgery to Alex - now I can pass to Strangetown and do the same to Tank and Buck - Ripp has quite pretty nose...Smiley.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 15, 04:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like green eyed, clean-shaven men with neatly cut hair. Don't like long hair, facial hair or excessive body hair.

Of course I've never had a boyfriend because I'm a hopeless computer nerd and totally socially inept to boot.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 15, 20:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you open SimPE and go to the Nightlife tab where it shows the turn-ons and turn-offs, you'll see tattoos listed.  This is definitely one that doesn't show up in the game currently.  I saw that and said, 'Hmmm.  Suppose in the business expansion your sims will be able to have a tattoo shop?'  I can see we're on the same page there. LOL

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 15, 21:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be something about  Alexander lol...in my game as a teen I put makeup on him too  Grin

LOL! It's so funny how we all have put extreme makeup on Alexander. What else can you do with a sim who looks like...that? Here's what he looks like in my game. He's a cross-dresser Cheesy

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 21, 21:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yikes!

The only Maxis defaults I use are the NPCs for challenges that require such, because I find the offspring turn out progressively uglier through each generation. Those squinty eyes from Pao the mailman have haunted my Legacy family for 7 generations and the monkey faced Sheldon (also mailman) did the worst things to my first Email family. In cases of extreme ugliness, I occasionally resort to makeup, and have a few faceblend nightmares where they wear mime faces from toddlerhood, only removed for a quick check after age transitions (nope, still ugly, it stays on)
See 3rd generation Email. No amount of makeup can help this guy. Side View, he got dad Ricky's nose.

(founder-grandma in bottom left corner... may she burn for that single accident that lost me the challenge)

I have very few Sims of any gender with such obvious makeup, though I do have certain females who are a little more obvious in their uh, sexuality. I do also have a few very pretty men of all aspirations, but they just turned out that way (no help from me apart from careful breeding)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 21, 21:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That's quite a jawline. He'd be cute if it weren't for that jaw/mouth combo.
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 21, 22:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found I kinda like weird looking Sims.  Otherwise, everyone looks the same. 

Unrelated, I must ask - what is the purpose of all those easels?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 October 21, 22:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that guy looks like he stuck a pencil in his mouth lengthwise.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 October 22, 01:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found I kinda like weird looking Sims.  Otherwise, everyone looks the same. 

Unrelated, I must ask - what is the purpose of all those easels?

He was a decendent of the Email Challenge (found here) no walls, no toilets... I found the selling of masterpieces invaluable for keeping my pre-university Sims in a platinum state so they could use the energizer whenever they needed to. They were all maxed skills and didn't have much else to do, so it was just easier to have a stockpile of them.

Andygal... you are so right, probably biting it while he suppresses those 'urges' to potty until he gets to work.. heh heh

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 October 24, 02:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that guy looks like he stuck a pencil in his mouth lengthwise.

Exactly what I was thinking!

I guess I'm sort of odd about Alexander Goth. I'd mentioned before in another thread that he's sort of grown on me, like a sims version of Egon from the movie "Ghostbusters". He's not all that bad looking to me with a shaggy haircut, the light beard/mustache thing going on and a pair of the rimless glasses. Before the reinstall he was married to Lucy Burb and had two really cute kids (Brendan & Fiona) and a third on the way. Since the reinstall Alexander brought Lucy home from school again  Roll Eyes they quickly became best friends and are going steady. So I'll probably marry them to each other again, makes it easy. Some things in the game seem to be inevitable.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2005 October 24, 04:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yikes!

The only Maxis defaults I use are the NPCs for challenges that require such, because I find the offspring turn out progressively uglier through each generation. Those squinty eyes from Pao the mailman have haunted my Legacy family for 7 generations and the monkey faced Sheldon (also mailman) did the worst things to my first Email family. In cases of extreme ugliness, I occasionally resort to makeup, and have a few faceblend nightmares where they wear mime faces from toddlerhood, only removed for a quick check after age transitions (nope, still ugly, it stays on)
See 3rd generation Email. No amount of makeup can help this guy. Side View, he got dad Ricky's nose.

(founder-grandma in bottom left corner... may she burn for that single accident that lost me the challenge)

I have very few Sims of any gender with such obvious makeup, though I do have certain females who are a little more obvious in their uh, sexuality. I do also have a few very pretty men of all aspirations, but they just turned out that way (no help from me apart from careful breeding)

I have had four sims like that in Legacy families!  In fact, it's one of the reasons my last Legacy family got flushed down the toilet.  I don't care if they're not beautiful, but when these guys aged they just looked deformed!

In my new neighborhood I generated almost all the NPCs using the NPC maker and only let certain genetic traits in.  I'll no doubt still wind up with a few funny lookers, but at least hopefully they won't end up with the trick jaw.

The really funny thing is that with my very first Legacy family that ended up wiped out with a HD format, I'd made it to the fifth generation of adults and with a couple of exceptions who turned out funny looking but lovable, this was an extremely beautiful family.  The funny-looking ones were throw-backs to Remington the pizza guy, and as funny as that face is, I really do love it. Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 October 24, 08:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So has anyone other than me successfully defeated the E-Mail Challenge yet, or is it more awesome than you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 October 24, 16:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like facial hair. i like beards . not long beards though. just that kind of beard very well trimmed. and i don't like mustaches.

But I really have to say that Maxis dropped the ball on facial hair for male sims.  The 3D model facial hair that came with the base game was generally made with reflectivity turned up way too high on the objects' surfaces.  That's why the standard hair colors for them are so much brighter and yet flatter and don't match the standard hair colors. I've tried modding them by changing the colors in the textures, but you generally cannot get a real good color match without loosing a lot of details, especially on the black and brown colors.

If I get into doing some 3D meshing mods -- and I'll start looking into it after I finish school -- I'm going to try to take those models and fix them first since no one has stepped up to do so yet.  That and see if I can't create some other kids of beards, goatees and staches that have volume but aren't so dang long or big!

I was wondering where I could find your work? And also, if you or someone could make the full beard/big mustache look more realistic, that would be great! I never use those because they look so fake, like a little kid wearing a costume for a play or something and I would love to be able to use them.
In regards to Remington the Pizza Dude, he and Brandi Broke paired up in my game and had some really great looking kids Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 October 24, 18:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander Goth isn't *that* bad I guess.  And being a guy myself, the thought of slapping makeup on him makes me cringe uncontrollably, so my opinion may not hold any water with you ladies.

But still...

A little facial hair goes a long way in taking attention away from that nose.

Some different glasses is a must.

Different hair style as well.

And old Alex is quite presentable.

(Forgive me if these are bad angled shots.  I was more keen on capturing Cassandra's face in the first shot and the hot alien girl's face in the last...)

Besides, its not the looks that count.  Its what's on the inside that counts!  You shallow freaks!  *shakes fist at all of you*
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 October 24, 19:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering where I could find your work?

Hopefully AllenABQ won't mind my posting the link to his site, here: Wink They really are some of the best looking skins I've seen. If not the best looking. I use them almost exclusively in my game.
http://www.hairysims.com/

I think the actual files are at MTS2, but they're linked to from his site.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 October 24, 19:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to Remington the Pizza Dude, he and Brandi Broke paired up in my game and had some really great looking kids Cheesy

you should see the kid I got from Remington the Pizza dude, there is pictures of him in my Rivera family story (Andygal666 on the offical BBS). He fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then got dragged back to the top and fell down the ugly tree again. No amount of makeup could have saved HIM. I'm almost glad I lost that neighbourhood. If I'd had to look at his face for much longer I'd probably have gone crazy and uninstalled the entire game.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 October 25, 03:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim men tend to be clean-cut and boyish, as demonstrated by Joe and one of his sons, Justin (by Bella) in the above pics, and with another son, Josh (by Brandi Broke),below (Joe's in the middle). That's the way I like 'em in real life.

Could I get ALL of these for download please... Grin Embarrassed

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 October 25, 04:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could I get ALL of these for download please... Grin Embarrassed

I second that! (or should I say, Me too! Me too! lol) And thanks for the link to AllenABQ's website, Brynne.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 October 25, 05:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! I just sent Justin off to you after reading your request in the other thread, virgali! I suppose I could package Joe and Josh up, as well...
I don't know why, but I'm tickled at how much people seem to like my simmies!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 October 25, 06:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem!
I may try to package these guys up later on if you still really want them. Justin's been quite popular, lately, but it's nice to see his dad and brother getting some attention, too! Gives me a warm fuzzy... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: