More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:51:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Retirees who get real jobs via noagediscrimination?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retirees who get real jobs via noagediscrimination?  (Read 5176 times)
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
Retirees who get real jobs via noagediscrimination?
« on: 2005 October 29, 16:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big sloppy smooches to FFS for noagediscrimination; now the Sims that became elders before I installed University finally have a chance of getting their career-related LTWs.

One question: does anything big and flaming occur if a Sim who aged to Elder and retired then uses the computer and noagediscrimination to get a real job again?   Will the game get confused about the fact that he's both retired and employed full-time?  Will the pension check still come?  (I actually don't care if it still comes or not, as long as nothing crashes.)

(And also: is this a hack that can be used just long enough to get the relevant elders their new jobs and then removed from the downloads folder, or does it have to be kept around?  From looking at the code I'm guessing it's the former, but I'm pretty ignorant...)

Tx!
DC
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Retirees who get real jobs via noagediscrimination?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 29, 17:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My formerly retired Sims get the pension as well as the money from their jobs, so it's quite handy really.  I also use the Simslice retirement forms which give higher pensions depending on logic skills - those with full logic get $6,000 per day.  Not really worth working really, but I prefer to get them out of the way.  Elders are irritating enough without having them hanging around 24 hours a day whinging about their aching backs.  Had one of my favourite Romance Sim guys age-transition yesterday and the first thing he did was rub his back.  I almost cried. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 29, 17:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I used SimPE to turn Mortimer back to an adult so he could fulfil his LTW, he still got the pension check.  Nothing crashed in the game, and he stopped complaining about his back and became the life and soul of every party at SimState, while Daniel was a great addition as he spent most of his time cleaning up!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 30, 03:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reassurance!  Looks like Ransom Zoom and Marisa Bendett Zoom will both be Criminal Masterminds soon: her to fulfill her LTW directly (she's currently an elder Hall of Famer), and him to help him get his 100K LTW (he's currently a retired Criminal Mastermind, and it's going to take for-ev-er to get him to 100K just writing novels).

DC
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 30, 04:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play 'noagediscrimination' from it's first day issue. Yes, it's marked red at the Clean Installer, but  with NL it doesn't make any troubles (of course not with Uni too).

I let Mortimer to become an elder, knowing that I will resurrect him the moment he dies, and found him the job he wanted (Medicine), and was able to fulfill half of his LTW. After he died, I resurrected him after a minute, he continued to work, and fulfilled his LTW.

I would uninstall Uni a long time ago, unless I needed the O-Nomitron so much...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 30, 09:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, but how else can you get townie teenagers out of Livingstone or Garth (or whatever other name it's currently going under) with so little difficulty?

Mind you, all my townie teenagers from Pleasantview are currently GONE, but I like the Downtown ones, so they're staying!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 30, 09:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never play with townies - not teens, nor adults.

I choose only Meadow Thayer to send her to college, and I looked at the SimPe and found a beautiful blonde teen, named Ivy (custom hood). All the other teens are deleted permanently.

Can't stand the ugly townies...Smiley.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 30, 12:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel bad for them so I give them all surgery, makeovers and a new outfit. Smiley

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 30, 13:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never play with townies - not teens, nor adults.
I play townies all the time; they add to the challenge!  *8)  I've only ever made four CAS Sims, and I play their kids, townies and gownies that they move in, and the occasional townie teen promoted to college.

Let's see.  So far I've moved in Kaylynn the maid, Benjamin Long, Kennedy Cox, Brandi LeTourneau (the original non-Uni adult one), Marisa Bendett (a _wealthy_ townie!),  and Sandy Bruty (and probably some that I've forgotten), and moved teen Randy London to college.  I've also move-in'd two gownies to an off-campus house, but since gownies' names seem to be dynamically generated I won't bother mentioning them.

Townies aren't _all_ ugly.  Kaylynn and Ben are both good-looking (if you don't mind Ben's nose) and Andrea Hogan and Ivy Copur are both pretty much gorgeous.  And, and, and...   *8)

DC
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 30, 17:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my legacy-ish neighbourhood I have moved in Amin Sims, Pao Mellion, Mitch Wolenseko, Joe Carr, Sophie Miguel(sent to Uni), Ricky Comier(Sent to Uni), Meliisa Fancey, Ivy Copur(Adult version) and Brandi LeToruneau.

Not to mention several generated NPCs, and several dromies.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: