More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:37:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Scared of a lamp. Again.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Scared of a lamp. Again.  (Read 8688 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Scared of a lamp. Again.
« on: 2005 July 21, 17:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember posting this issue on the vs forum, but I seem to have gotten the blank memory bug in real life and can't remember what the solution was. Since that thread is obviously not on that site anymore, I have to embarrass myself by asking the question again.
In a certain room of my house, all sims were jumping up in "shock" at a particular lamp. The toddler was "crying softly" over it. I thought the lamp was rather pretty, so I was insulted by their reactions, but I deleted it, anyway. The sims were then jumping in shock over each other. Repeatedly and randomly. This occurs only in that room, nowhere else in the house. I have the FFS Lot debugger, but there were no "out of this world entities", or however you put it.  Or at least the option didn't show up in the menu. So...what do I do, again?   Roll Eyes
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Scared of a lamp. Again.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 21, 20:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I remember that the reason they were doing that was that a ghost possessed a lamp, and the memory is passed down.  That, and lamps ARE pretty frightening, especially the ones with multiple bulbs.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 21, 21:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem on one lot. except it is pancakes in thier thought bubble every time. *lol* They walk by this one spot on the lot, gasp and jump, and think about pancakes. I think someone did die around that spot though. Sometimes, the gasp and jump is also accompanied by them "teleporting" - they just jump across a wide section of the lot as they gasp - looks very buggy. Just the one lot, though.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 21, 21:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have this problem but with me it's chairs. Even though I have deleted them I still get the 'yikes' jump from the sims. It's gotten so bad it takes the mailman 4 sim hours to walk the last half of the lot. Also included is the ability to teleport back inside the house. My sims are also performing animations in a completely different place to the object they are supposed to be interacting with. But this only happens in a certain area of the lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 22, 01:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force an error on the lot and attach the file. I'll see if I can spot any weird objects on the lot that are candidates for nuking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 22, 04:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember seeing the original thread about this and laughing myself silly at the thought of a scary lamp.  Now I'm laughing all over again.  Somehow, this strikes me as really funny.  I would love to find a way of engineering this in my game.  Might be interesting to choose objects they can be scared of, such as the toilet. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 22, 06:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose you could have a hacked toilet with an alligator living in it!  Or a couple of escaped piranhas!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 22, 20:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force an error on the lot and attach the file. I'll see if I can spot any weird objects on the lot that are candidates for nuking.

I posted this before I realized that the FFS Lot Debugger had been updated. I played last night with the update, and the "ghost emitter" option showed up. Worked just fine! I am no longer terrorizing my sims with lighting fixtures.  Thanks muchly!
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 22, 21:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne, thanks for your post. I had no idea what the Ghost Emitter option did so had not used it. Tried it just now and it fixed everything.  Grin Thankyou JM.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: