More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:21:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting and zapping annoying sims offlot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting and zapping annoying sims offlot  (Read 8141 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Deleting and zapping annoying sims offlot
« on: 2005 July 21, 20:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How "dangerous" is it to zap annoying sims off of a lot?  I heard that if one uses the moveobjects cheat to delete a sim that it could cause the carpool/transportation not to work right (ie it falls out of cue).  How about using a "zapper" like the lot fixer, DMA panel, or other such item?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Deleting and zapping annoying sims offlot
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 21, 20:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I use Inge's teleporter bush a lot, I've never heard about any dangers before I read your post maltesebippy. Queing myself into this question. Inge..., can you hear me?

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 21, 21:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting and zapping is soooo civilised. Surely a better option would be to make annoying Sims playable, and then torment them in ways that would make Mengele look like Mother Teresa?  Grin

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 21, 22:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Inge's teleporter too, and use the moveobjects on to delete unwanted sims, and use DMA object to "remove visitors" - they work fine, almost from the beginning of TS2.
I even deleted once the schoolbus with moveobjects on, because the alien girl of Pascal was stucked there not able to get out of it - and on the second day the schoolbus came as usual.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 22, 01:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zapping is functionally the same as move_objects delete. It's usually safe to do on visitors, slightly riskier to do to NPCs, and a method of last resort on residents.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 22, 02:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the responses.  Someone on MTS2 some time ago replied to someone's question about a sim not being able to use the carpool and they said that is was from using moveobjects to delete a visitor.  They acted like everyone should have known this.  I do have one lot where I have had problems with sims not being able to catch carpool or schoolbus.  It is not a lot I play very often.  The car/bus is down the street and never pulls up to the house.  The command to go to school/work falls out of cue.  Captian Hero has no problems going to work though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 22, 06:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up doing a complete uninstall/reinstall because no-one at MTS2 was able to solve my "disappearing sims" problem!  I'm also pretty sure the downloaded hacked car which came in a house and I finally decided was at the root of my problems came from there!  I think a lot depends on which thread you post in, and who happens to see your post and make suggestions, and navigating the site is so confusing that it's easy to post in the first thread that seems to be related to your problem. 

Now I'm getting confused!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: