More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:24:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Arrr...Is it safe?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Arrr...Is it safe?  (Read 13352 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Arrr...Is it safe?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 13, 21:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's one thing I'm not clear on though. What is seeding? I've not tried this before, and I'm not anxious to ruin my brand new laptop, though I don't think the SPs are worth money either.  Undecided

Seeding is a BitTorrent term, not a piracy/cracking term -- it means to leave the torrent open after your own download has finished, so that you continue to upload to others who are still downloading. (You also are uploading to others while downloading, but once your DL has finished you have all the pieces of the file, and are a better source than when you only had some.) It's polite to seed at least for a little while, to help keep the torrent working smoothly.

(Stupid keyboard.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 13, 23:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use torrentz.com and then load the trackers from all the sites it links to. I wouldn't have to do this if i used bitcomet for download but their self promotion and all the hoop-la with the program annoys me, i prefer my programs to be clean and tidy. I use bittorrent.

With the other stuff packs it was no big deal, one downloaded within a day for me. I had to download copies of my nl and ofb as well as my disks no longer work even though they have been kept in the box after install with a no-cd key being used(i acidentaly ended up with a NL bonus disk from china with odd clothes). Awhile back i had to talk a girl that was a member of my lj community through torrenting and mounting her first game as her copy no longer worked and she needed to reinstall, i suppose the whole thing is a mind blow when its your first time. It was straight forward, set her up with daemon tools told her what the bin and cue files where. What to do with the other types you may get in a download. Shes now happily playing seasons and *cough* the celebration stuff she legaly paid 30 bucks for*cough* ...Kansas prices are nuts.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 14, 03:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's one thing I'm not clear on though. What is seeding? I've not tried this before, and I'm not anxious to ruin my brand new laptop, though I don't think the SPs are worth money either.  Undecided

Seeding is a BitTorrent term, not a piracy/cracking term -- it means to leave the torrent open after your own download has finished, so that you continue to upload to others who are still downloading. (You also are uploading to others while downloading, but once your DL has finished you have all the pieces of the file, and are a better source than when you only had some.) It's polite to seed at least for a little while, to help keep the torrent working smoothly.

(Stupid keyboard.)

Oh, okay, thanks. Smiley I've obviously not tried this before, but after I actually paid for FFS Shocked I told myself never again.

I sing along with elevator music.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 14, 08:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're just looking for the items & clothes, may I draw your attention to SaraMK's sig:

Quote from: SaraMK
Don't have Stuffit Packs? Want Stuffit Packs? Click.

ISTP
DavidC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 14, 10:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it safe.. to Patch these copies? I didn't bother with the first seasons patch because it didn't fix anything important and I didn't know if would work, but the second patch looks like its worth getting. When I downloaded the patch it said to make sure you have the CD available.. which I can get if I really need it but im wondering if it will install fine without it if I mount the image again or leave the Crack .exe in.. I'm guessing the later wouldn't work though.

oh and btw never use Limewire... last time I tried getting something from there all I got was Trojans and viruses, Torrent spy and other places are a lot safer especially if you read all the comments.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 14, 12:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't speak specificly for the second patch, but patching a game running from an image worked just fine in, ummm, the aquired games I know of Wink
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 14, 14:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Seasons patch is looking for the Seasons disk, not H&M. So this has nothing to do with it. Now, as for needing the Seasons disk for patching, you may be screwed if you "acquired" it. I don't "acquire" EPs, but do use a cracked .exe so I don't have to be worried about being online while I load up the game (EALink). I have to replace my cracked .exe with the real one before patching or it cries.

I'd wait to do the patch, though. It didn't fix a few things it stated it fixed, and borked some previously fixed stuff. Crying babies, and I noticed coat wearing is worse, not better.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 14, 14:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims Patches are perfectly safe to install piracy wise.  You don't have to have an EA games account to download them, and the patch does not phone home in any way, or require CD-keys or other annoyances.
Depending on how you get around the CD requirement you might have some issues; I'm not sure.  I own all my EPs.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 14, 19:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're just looking for the items & clothes, may I draw your attention to SaraMK's sig:

Quote from: SaraMK
Don't have Stuffit Packs? Want Stuffit Packs? Click.
Sara hasn't done H&M stuff yet, so far as I know. If it's there, no linky.

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 14, 20:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched Seasons and it never asked for the cd.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 14, 21:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched Seasons and it never asked for the cd.
Me too, it did overwrite my no-cd key however.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: