More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:10:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition  (Read 225846 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Wants & Fears Sanity "Death To All Nesses" Public Beta Edition
« Reply #150 on: 2007 November 01, 05:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use Macrotastics and BRY, motive maintenance is handled automatically at high efficiency, so no one pees on the floor. Very shiny. Can keep going until you finish the business. 10-12 hours is for wimps. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JCSpencer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 November 01, 06:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey that's pretty good, that's 10-12 hours straight... no bathroom, lunch or jackoff breaks. They report to duty and then I send 'em home half a day later. Not bad in that light, methinks.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 November 02, 03:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey that's pretty good, that's 10-12 hours straight... no bathroom, lunch or jackoff breaks. They report to duty and then I send 'em home half a day later. Not bad in that light, methinks.

The way most people seem to play, the employees report to duty and you send them home a week or so later, still capable of doing work but you're bored by then.

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 November 02, 18:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Yeah, I just had a sim make it from level 0 to 10 on an off-site biz in the equivalent of three sim days (about a week and a half on the biz lot). Two hirelings. Combination of snapdragons and coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. The biz is great...it's an open-air tent sale, featuring items from a set of high heels to a life-size Viking ship.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 November 04, 12:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it turns out, I already did this one ages ago in "noretiredjobspam", and to reduce the load and confusion, I'm merging that older hack which had gotten lost from the directory trees into this one, effective immediately.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 November 04, 15:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explains why I wasn't getting that job spam -- I still had 'noretiredjobspam' in my directory. Smiley  Guess I'll take it out now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 November 23, 03:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was just on my way in to report the same conflict, but I have remove noretiredjobspam so yay.

Did find this one in a conflict report, though:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: CT - Test - Engagement
Group ID: 0x7F739728
Instance ID: 0x0000102C
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Mods\Global\MATY Director's Cut (BV)\engagewantfix.package
\downloads\Mods\Global\MATY Director's Cut (BV)\wfsanity.package
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 November 23, 03:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old. The older product has been merged in. Just delete the old one.

vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 November 23, 04:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do. Thanks Pescado. Usually I let the new DC overwrite the old DC when I unzip it, but clearly that doesn't account for stuff that's obselete and should be removed. xD
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 November 24, 04:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime you encounter a conflict in Awesomeware, remove the older file.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 November 27, 10:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still not squash the get struck by lightning want for Knowledge?  I like sending them out to play amongst the bolts.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 November 27, 10:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still not squash the get struck by lightning want for Knowledge?  I like sending them out to play amongst the bolts.
That particularly annoying want seems to lack a check tree, so cannot be extinguished trivially.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 November 27, 10:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particularly annoying want seems to lack a check tree, so cannot be extinguished trivially.

Strange to find myself saying this about EAxis, but cool. Since they can still want to get fried, I'm grabbing it.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 December 09, 22:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of knowledge sims that are both in red aspiration. They have a want to max out a skill, yet they both have zero points in all skills. Is this normal behavior?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 December 09, 23:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty weird, but then Wants never really work quite right. What type of lot/neighborhood are they on? A normal residential?

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 December 09, 23:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base hood, normal residential house. Nothing out of the usual.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 December 10, 00:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the Wants system tends to need "warming up" (you have to make sims do that stuff for a while, first). They probably just need to gain a few points before the normal wants can kick in.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 December 10, 02:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of knowledge sims that are both in red aspiration. They have a want to max out a skill, yet they both have zero points in all skills. Is this normal behavior?
Yes, that's normal: Low-aspiration knowledge sims start developing unreasonable long-shot wants like that. As a rule, they need to gain a skillpoint and then reroll to seed the trees properly again.

NikonSnow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 December 11, 05:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a sim in college roll a want to buy a toy.  Huh (There are no children in said household.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 December 11, 05:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kick the Cheat! Rent to own!

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 December 31, 23:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this squish the toga party and ask to pledge wants of Sims who have joined a Greek House but don't actually live in one?  If not, mind adding that?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 January 01, 05:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this squish the toga party and ask to pledge wants of Sims who have joined a Greek House but don't actually live in one?  If not, mind adding that?

No, it doesn't, and I'll second the motion to add it if possible.  I hate having a student's want slots taken up with those stupid wants.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2008 January 05, 11:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to BV wants....

My frustration with stupid wants on vacation is mainly that I've got a sim rolling massage wants when he already knows it all!  Otherwise I suspect the game just doesn't know what wants to roll for a sim on his nth holiday who has done pretty much everything.  Hence the default wants people are noticing.  The set of holiday wants isn't that big when you think about it.  I can only see three ways to go on this one:
1. let them roll their normal wants - i.e. this holiday's gone on long enough & its' time to go home to RL.
2. make friends or flirt with with all the BV townies they've met regardless of aspiration
3. roll the small holiday wants ad nauseum: take pic (again), go on tour (again), build sandcastle, dig for treasure, dine out, buy souvenir/jewellry, hula dance etc. 

I have a sim staying in the mountain resort campground with no phone who wants to throw a party, max charisma skill, learn a massage (he's already learned them all) and hula dance or go on a tour.   The massage certainly shouldn't roll if he's learned them all, but I'm playing Easton West from the TSR challenge so I can't be sure his memories of learning them aren't cheated.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 January 06, 12:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My frustration with stupid wants on vacation is mainly that I've got a sim rolling massage wants when he already knows it all!
I thought I squished that already, but it turns out that particular check tree is just chock full of bugs, like Pregnant sims ALWAYS having that want available despite it being IMPOSSIBLE, and the fact that they do not reset the counter when searching for the learn tokens. Fixed now.

I have a sim staying in the mountain resort campground with no phone who wants to throw a party, max charisma skill, learn a massage (he's already learned them all) and hula dance or go on a tour.
Is he even ABLE to throw a party while on vacation? Being on a phoneless campground is not an ironclad obstacle, as you can use your own phone.

Does now.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: 2008 January 07, 13:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Being on a phoneless campground is not an ironclad obstacle, as you can use your own phone.
Well he can't as he doesn't have a mobile phone and there is of course nowhere to buy one in the vacation lots. He finally got pickpocketed (had to take antiredundancy out to get charlatan appearing) and went home.  Challenge finished.

Is he even ABLE to throw a party while on vacation?
That's the thousand dollar question. Maybe somebody else knows the answer.  I'd suspect not, but I'd have to send a sim with a phone on a special fact finding mission to find out and the load times are awful.   I'd imagine "no parties on community lots of any kind, but DK about an owned vacation home.  Haven't tried one of them.  Imagine running a normal party scenario from a vacation in the far east  - are all the friends back home going to hop on a plane and fly over, or do they just not show up?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: